Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

So...open office floor plan?

gently caress that noise too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sagebrush posted:

imo alcoholics drink the most alcohol

good thing the tech industry is cool with alcoholism

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

ate all the Oreos posted:

internet of horse

ummm if ur gunna post horses in the mcdonalds chat thraed at least make it patches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teHfyby_veU&t=55s

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Xaris posted:

Drinking at work sounds terrible and uncomfortable, and last thing I would want is a bunch of annoying drunk coworker when there's poo poo to be done.

lol if u actually do anything at work

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Xaris posted:

Drinking at work sounds terrible and uncomfortable, and last thing I would want is a bunch of annoying drunk coworker when there's poo poo to be done.

it's even worse when "grab me another one" means committing to a fuckin 8.3% ballkicker IPA too. Coors light is one thing, Stone Nuts Roman Hoplite Apocalypse Ale is another

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Citizen Tayne posted:

McDonalds needs to put some of the international stuff on their domestic menu.

the 3 im weggla sandwich is super awesome they use the local sausages which are small and a little sour compared to a normal bratwurst

nuremberg is one of my favorite european cities I've visited, it's only an hour from munich and I had a good time and ate really well

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

good thing the tech industry is cool with alcoholism

A lot of IT folks have internalized the whole "ugh, I'm salary and trapped in a well, time to drink my problems away" notion as a good and normal thing.

As in, you're being successful in your field if you drink yourself to death to cope with said job. It's bizarre.

Jonny 290 posted:

it's even worse when "grab me another one" means committing to a fuckin 8.3% ballkicker IPA too. Coors light is one thing, Stone Nuts Roman Hoplite Apocalypse Ale is another

I get poo poo from contemporaries because my idea of drinking is having a single high ABV beverage and then stopping. This race to the bottom drunkard IT poo poo is just that.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah that noble corporate burnout thing is loving gross and sad

post-work now
let the people rise up
:antifa:
im sure that wont turn into an emote but it should

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

the 3 im weggla sandwich is super awesome they use the local sausages which are small and a little sour compared to a normal bratwurst

nuremberg is one of my favorite european cities I've visited, it's only an hour from munich and I had a good time and ate really well

dumb as this sounds

if you're in the US and want to try lots of different German sausages, go to Aldi

You can get Nurnberg brats in addition to 4-5 other regional styles and Aldi's sausage is cock and balls above other grocery stores for quality. They've never disappointed me.

Twice or so a year they do a german food sale where they roll out the different regional styles of bratwurst and I always make sure to buy up a few packages of each style for the freezer.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

As in, you're being successful in your field if you drink yourself to death to cope with said job. It's bizarre.

uh, they did it all the time on mad men, and I'm just like those guys. Got my high paying job, I get to drink at that job, not like those stuffy corporate job havers, my job and friends (who all exclusively also work where I work) are awesome and cool and all my turd slinging friends back in <state that voted for trump> can eat my poo poo!

Gotta get back to work though, we're hoping to push out the newest release on thanksgiving day so people will talk about the awesome new changes we're making around the turkey. Our boss is actually bringing in turkey for us, how cool is that? He also says our runway is running a little short so this change is really important and that our next paycheck should square us away on him being short with the last one! When we get bought out by Facebook I'm going to be so rich!

did I mention we have free snacks and a sleep room with one of those $45,000 sleep pods? One dude doesn't even pay rent, he just sleeps here and then sneaks in to the other office on the floor to sleep there, he's cool.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
old company charters a bus to and from boulder every day. "it's got WIFI!!!!!!" translation: you're expected to work on the bus

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30IxUEwjRkQ

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Jonny 290 posted:

old company charters a bus to and from boulder every day. "it's got WIFI!!!!!!" translation: you're expected to work on the bus

d'uh. its like 'oh poo poo dude, check out this dope laptop and cellphone my company pays for' **answers emails at 3am cause they think they're marissa meyer and yells at their kids in the morning cause they're lacking sleep**

what you wanna do is find an old company that's trying to compete by giving shuttles and poo poo to be hip. cause everyone rolls in at 10am (they started working when they got on that shuttle at 9) and they all leave at 4 (cause they'll work on the shuttle until 5).

Optimus_Rhyme fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 24, 2016

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Jonny 290 posted:

get on the bus at 9, take the early bus back and get off at 5

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hhaha there is no early bus

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

i wish i could clock an hour of work on my train in the morning, because i wouldn't get poo poo done and it'll just be lazily answering emails and shitposting, except getting paid for it.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
geeze you guys why dont you just jerk off into a storm its gonna yield better results than this poo poo storm.. IMO think about killing yourselfs, decide not to and go cuddle up in your monogamous blankets. enjoy the warmth. eat some poo poo. idc. anyway your poo poo bites. imagine a tv show called fart factor - hosted by none other than the honourable joe rogan

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Xaris posted:

i wish i could clock an hour of work on my train in the morning, because i wouldn't get poo poo done and it'll just be lazily answering emails and shitposting, except getting paid for it.

lol if this isn't every hour of every work day for you

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Citizen Tayne posted:

In my mind, Shaggar sounds like Napoleon Dynamite.

lmao :yeah: same

Jonny 290 posted:

that sounds great and I want to spend Tuesday fixing whatever I did on Friday under its influence

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

geeze you guys why dont you just jerk off into a storm its gonna yield better results than this poo poo storm.. IMO think about killing yourselfs, decide not to and go cuddle up in your monogamous blankets. enjoy the warmth. eat some poo poo. idc. anyway your poo poo bites. imagine a tv show called fart factor - hosted by none other than the honourable joe rogan

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
http://qz.com/844425/fake-news-is-t...71c085-55278381

there are now fake news stories about elon "elon musk" musk.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

:justpost:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

echinopsis posted:

i thought you got permaed for pedophilia in e/n

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Ramc posted:

no tipping

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i thought you got permaed for pedophilia in e/n

what the gently caress>>>

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just coz you dont subscribe to societies norms on sex doesnt make you a pedo gently caress

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah i mean we all know i dont dig echi's style but even i know that he chases that wrinkled old barfly cougar clam

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
e: thread wrong

Graff
May 10, 2012

echinopsis posted:

just coz you dont subscribe to societies norms on sex doesnt make you a pedo gently caress

how is that thread going? I left because it was sad and weird, and not in the funny way I was expecting it to be sad and weird

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Graff posted:

how is that thread going? I left because it was sad and weird, and not in the funny way I was expecting it to be sad and weird

fyad's named after the thread right now, how do you think its going

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Jonny 290 posted:

ahahhahahaah

Graff
May 10, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

I'm reading that as "could be better"

Graff
May 10, 2012

sex is like a computer: when used exactly as intended, both result in the slow destruction of the world

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

On Monday, President-elect Trump named two advisers to his tech policy transition team. One of those experts, director of the Public Utility Research Center at the University of Florida Mark Jamison, wrote a blog entry last month explaining his position on the FCC -- namely, that the country could do without it. In his opinion, the nation should almost completely dissolve the antiquated agency and farm out many of its regulatory duties to the FTC and local officials because the telecom industry is competitive enough to require far less oversight.

"Most of the original motivations for having an FCC have gone away. Telecommunications network providers and ISPs are rarely, if ever, monopolies," he said in the post.

Given that assumption, In Jamison's opinion, a whole agency devoted to regulating internet providers is overkill. Instead, the FTC and state authorities would handle anticompetitive conduct. Internet content competes well enough with broadcast television, so the latter don't need regulation either. The only thing left for the FCC to handle is doling out radio frequencies, which could be done by a smaller independent agency that won't change its priorities to sync with new Congressional members, presidents or commissioners.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
literally never been so famous

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

echinopsis posted:

literally never been so famous

same thing said by a person about to be covered by dirt at a funeral procession

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

cinci zoo sniper posted:

On Monday, President-elect Trump named two advisers to his tech policy transition team. One of those experts, director of the Public Utility Research Center at the University of Florida Mark Jamison, wrote a blog entry last month explaining his position on the FCC -- namely, that the country could do without it. In his opinion, the nation should almost completely dissolve the antiquated agency and farm out many of its regulatory duties to the FTC and local officials because the telecom industry is competitive enough to require far less oversight.

"Most of the original motivations for having an FCC have gone away. Telecommunications network providers and ISPs are rarely, if ever, monopolies," he said in the post.

Given that assumption, In Jamison's opinion, a whole agency devoted to regulating internet providers is overkill. Instead, the FTC and state authorities would handle anticompetitive conduct. Internet content competes well enough with broadcast television, so the latter don't need regulation either. The only thing left for the FCC to handle is doling out radio frequencies, which could be done by a smaller independent agency that won't change its priorities to sync with new Congressional members, presidents or commissioners.
lmaoooo, dta

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if that opens up the domestic broadcast and shortwave bands for leftist stations im all for it

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Jonny 290 posted:

if that opens up the domestic broadcast and shortwave bands for leftist stations im all for it

all the mhz are open for a bloke in colorado to spark-gap dumb words across the world

good morn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

ummm if ur gunna post horses in the mcdonalds chat thraed at least make it patches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teHfyby_veU&t=55s
getting back to idiotic tech stuff, an ad for petchatz showed up before this video. why yes, i have always wanted my dog to be able to call me.

• Locked thread