Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

howe_sam posted:

It doesn't help that Arrow did almost this exact story with Vigilante last week. Also, a fist fight between a dude holding a shield, and another with a machine gun strapped to his arm looks janky as all hell.

Jimmy has been infected with unnecessary kick flip disorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I'm more worried about poor jon right now.

he's becoming what he always hated. :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hollismason posted:

What were the Batman hints?

Kara mentioned Superman teaming up with a vigilante who used gadgets.

While obviously they couldn't just call Hank "Cyborg" calling him Cyborg Superman kind of doesn't make sense. Seeing as he doesn't look like Superman.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Eh, he's a cyborg with all the powers of Superman. Don't look too far into it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This dashed my dream of having Jeremiah Danvers be Cyborg Superman, alas.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Moon Slayer posted:

Here's hoping that they took Supergirl's blood so that they can make PowergirlGalatea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nque-CKoFk

EDIT: God drat I always forget how brutal this fight was.

drat it. Now I really want this and am probably not going to get it. They dumped ALL that test tube on his hand.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I for one think getting Hank Henshaw Cyborg Superman is dope as gently caress under any circumstances. I hope he dons the costume at some point.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Pan Dulce posted:

drat it. Now I really want this and am probably not going to get it. They dumped ALL that test tube on his hand.

They did a Bizarro Supergirl last season, doing another clone may seem a little weird. I am a little uncertain what the current status of Bizarro SG is, but Cadmus trying to correct her instead of creating a new clone could work. You don't want to have too many clones running around, use the ones you have already.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
The part with Supergirl at Cadmus made no loving sense and was so contrived. Once they let her out of the Nth metal cage to put the helmet on she could've just taken them all out. Sigh.

The thing Mon-El was about to tell her might be about the enemy in the crossover. Apparently, there's some connection to Daxxum.

The "I'm Cyborg Superman" line was super cheesy and unnecessary, but they probably wouldn't just call him Cyborg or The Cyborg to avoid confusion with the other Cyborg that's about to be introduced to people who have no idea about him in a movie.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Neon Knight posted:

They did a Bizarro Supergirl last season, doing another clone may seem a little weird. I am a little uncertain what the current status of Bizarro SG is, but Cadmus trying to correct her instead of creating a new clone could work. You don't want to have too many clones running around, use the ones you have already.

I was thinking about Bizarro Supergirl - has there been any word whether Maxwell Lord will reappear as a guest star or something this season?

Are Non and Indigo still alive?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I was thinking about Bizarro Supergirl - has there been any word whether Maxwell Lord will reappear as a guest star or something this season?

Are Non and Indigo still alive?

Non is real real dead IIRC. Indigo was ripped apart by J'onn, but since she's a Braniac Girl-Bot she could've uploaded a backup of herself somewhere or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

Indigo was ripped apart by J'onn, but since she's a Braniac Girl-Bot she could've uploaded a backup of herself somewhere or something.

I feel like they even said in the episode that she'll eventually pull herself back together.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
They really should've used the word gynoid in her episodes.

People don't use the word gynoid enough.

Gynoid.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

Non is real real dead IIRC. Indigo was ripped apart by J'onn, but since she's a Braniac Girl-Bot she could've uploaded a backup of herself somewhere or something.

I thought I'd read some comment about how Non getting blasting in the face with Supergirl's heat vision had left him brain damaged so that if he appeared again he would be mute, brutish Non from Superman II. I can't remember when I read that, though. :shrug:

I was sure I'd seen some season two trailer with Indigo in it but it might have just been footage from season one.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Cyborg Superman gonna hook up with Indigo. You heard it here first.

I hope J'onn finds a cure for catching White Martian AIDS, but only after learning a valuable lesson about racism and overcoming old grudges. Also that he's okay with Miss Martian turning green afterwards because White Martians on the show are ehhhhhnnnnn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So Supergirl the show has limited involvement in the cross-over. The episode is mostly about this Medusa thing, and the last scene is going to be cross-over related somehow. Maybe the aliens come from Supergirl's dimension?

Supergirl the character is involved quite a bit, of course.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"Where should I keep this million-ton key? Oh, how about right here on this thin ice ledge?"

Okay, maybe it's not ice but Kryptonian crystals, and even if it is ice and collapses it's not like Superman couldn't just fly down and get it, but still.

Longbaugh01 posted:

The part with Supergirl at Cadmus made no loving sense and was so contrived. Once they let her out of the Nth metal cage to put the helmet on she could've just taken them all out. Sigh.
Wasn't there Kryptonite around her cage? There was some kind of green lighting, I assumed that was what they were going for.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wouldn't have needed to drain her energy to take blood if they just had kryptonite available I imagine

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Medusa thing? Isn't that the thing that Cyborg Superman was trying to unlock in the Fortress of Solitude in the end of last week's episode? Sounds like the next episode is gonna be big with Cyborg Superman, Medusa thing, and the big multishow crossover at the end.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vietnamwees posted:

Medusa thing? Isn't that the thing that Cyborg Superman was trying to unlock in the Fortress of Solitude in the end of last week's episode? Sounds like the next episode is gonna be big with Cyborg Superman, Medusa thing, and the big multishow crossover at the end.

Yeah, sorry. I forgot this was a couple of days ago for everyone else. I just caught up.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Knormal posted:

Wasn't there Kryptonite around her cage? There was some kind of green lighting, I assumed that was what they were going for.

Nope. Mon-El just says it's Thanagarian Nth metal, impervious to feats of strength. Although, between this refrence and the Thanagarian bits in season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow, maybe we'll get some sort Thanagarian invasion.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

When Cyborg Superman was asking about Medusa, I thought it was the name of the plot device at the end of Season 1. What was that called again?

Also I know this is way late but the Alex/Maggie plot pissed me off. Maggie was completely lovely to Alex, effectively giving her an ultimatum and forcing her to come out when she just seemed totally unsure of things herself. I get that they were going for ~drama~ or whatever but in my eyes it just makes Maggie completely unlikable.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The plot device in Season 1 was "Myriad".

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

muscles like this! posted:

While obviously they couldn't just call Hank "Cyborg" calling him Cyborg Superman kind of doesn't make sense. Seeing as he doesn't look like Superman.
I think it's a reference to Return of the Supermen. Isn't Hank Henshaw the cyborg in that mess? e: Apparently that's his whole thing in the comics. Just lookin' like a metal-faced Superman. I assumed he would end up impersonating other people and poo poo.

AtraMorS fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 24, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think the name could have worked if they introduced it a bit differently.

Like, I don't know, after Kara punched him*, he could have super punched her away and he mockingly says "I'm not Hank Henshaw, I'm Superman". Then something something Winn something Cisco something.

(*: This was attempted murder by the way.)

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Yeah they could have done a whole thing where he or Cadmus argues that Earth doesn't need alien protectors because it has its own Superman.

All in all the episode worked fine but the 'Cyborg Superman' line was a clunker.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Don't know if this was posted in the other threads, but here's the trailer for the crossover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfvEscEGWfI

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Supergirl and Mick. :allears:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Deathstroke! :captainpop::cawg:

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Moon Slayer posted:

Don't know if this was posted in the other threads, but here's the trailer for the crossover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfvEscEGWfI

:flashfap:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Incredible how the super strong invincible to everything alien is slightly terrified at Mick. :allears:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Hughlander posted:

Deathstroke! :captainpop::cawg:

Please don't be some dream or drug induced sequence. Please!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only thing that made me go "ugggh" in that trailer was Wild Dog. Everything else looks awwwwweesoooooommmmme!

I miss the Dominators Robes though, don't aliens cover their butts?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Digital Jedi posted:

Please don't be some dream or drug induced sequence. Please!

I think it is. The synopsis of the Arrow episode of the crossover sees Oliver, Thea, Sara, Diggle and Ray getting Matrix'd by the Dominators for a good chunk of it. The trailer kind of confirms that too. Sorry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

I think it is. The synopsis of the Arrow episode of the crossover sees Oliver, Thea, Sara, Diggle and Ray getting Matrix'd by the Dominators for a good chunk of it. The trailer kind of confirms that too. Sorry.

I think maybe the Dominators lose because when they can take 5 people out of the fight, they choose the 4 with no powers and the guy who lost his super suit?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

Aliens put the main characters in a virtual reality. So, the plot of Saints Row IV. Give me Vice President Keith David and I'll be happy.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

The only thing that made me go "ugggh" in that trailer was Wild Dog. Everything else looks awwwwweesoooooommmmme!

I thought Felicity going "Best team-up ever!" at the end was a bit :rolleyes:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but if Kara said it everyone would be posting squee and glomp and hugglesnutch.

You racists disgust me.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but if Kara said it everyone would be posting squee and glomp and hugglesnutch.

You racists disgust me.

Ze purity und power ov ze Kryptonian race cannot be denied, Frau Aphrodite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Aphrodite posted:

You racists disgust me.

The Flash thread is one universe over.