Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
And yeah gently caress the battle tree I'm done with pokemon now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
If I put a ditto with a male pokemon, can I get eggs

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
These UBs just don't want to show up :( I accidentally killed one (how was I supposed to guess the bamboo monster was weak to ELECTRIC of all things?!) and now I've been walking around in both areas where it's supposed to spawn for like 20 minutes with nothing but regular ol random encounters. Is it supposed to take this long or do I have to do something to "reset" it?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Your Computer posted:

These UBs just don't want to show up :( I accidentally killed one (how was I supposed to guess the bamboo monster was weak to ELECTRIC of all things?!) and now I've been walking around in both areas where it's supposed to spawn for like 20 minutes with nothing but regular ol random encounters. Is it supposed to take this long or do I have to do something to "reset" it?

I found rezoning helped when I had to kill a UB, but I don't know for sure. Worth a shot. Is tense music still playing in the overworld?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

corn in the bible posted:

The battle facilities are always amazing bullshit and I love them

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What's a good nature for Rowlet, anyway?

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
M

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I KOd an UB am I SOL

E: I M OK

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Nov 24, 2016

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

Battle Tower/Tree claims another victim

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AlphaKretin posted:

I found rezoning helped when I had to kill a UB, but I don't know for sure. Worth a shot. Is tense music still playing in the overworld?

The music was playing the entire time, yeah. Turns out I was just unlucky I guess, because after like 30 minutes it finally appeared again (and I caught it).

Speaking of rare Pokémon, I heard that you get Magearna from a QR code so on a whim I googled it and uh... now I have a Magearna I guess?? She's very cute and I named her Maggie. :3:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Speaking of rare Pokémon, I heard that you get Magearna from a QR code so on a whim I googled it and uh... now I have a Magearna I guess?? She's very cute and I named her Maggie. :3:

Guess some one figured out the code they were going to gave out on Dec 5.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Tired Moritz posted:

If I put a ditto with a male pokemon, can I get eggs

Yeah! Ditto doesn't discriminate.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jarogue posted:

Guess some one figured out the code they were going to gave out on Dec 5.

I think it's probably because I have a Japanese 3DS, since it has already been released in Japan. The QR code looked like someone had taken a photo of it, and I'm honestly surprised it worked!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Your Computer posted:

I think it's probably because I have a Japanese 3DS, since it has already been released in Japan. The QR code looked like someone had taken a photo of it, and I'm honestly surprised it worked!

Should paste it here

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Emalde posted:

Should paste it here

Right, sorry.

(I simply just searched for "Magearna QR code" though)

e: Unrelated, but I really like a couple of the UBs. Nihilego is a cutie, Pheromosa is kinda cool in a freaky way (I'm not a fan of bugs) and Celesteela is.. something. The cable spaghetti jazz hands is also pretty neat, although I don't like the trash compactor mon.

Anyone got any good nickname ideas for Nihilego and Pheromosa?

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 24, 2016

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Your Computer posted:

Right, sorry.

e: Unrelated, but I really like a couple of the UBs. Nihilego is a cutie, Pheromosa is kinda cool in a freaky way (I'm not a fan of bugs) and Celesteela is.. something. The cable spaghetti jazz hands is also pretty neat, although I don't like the trash compactor mon.

How does this work? Just use the QR scanner?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Your Computer posted:

Right, sorry.

I called them Jellyfish and Bug

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think that QR code only works on Japanese 3DSs, I get a 'this QR code can't be scanned' error.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Can someone explain festival plaza because the whole thing feels like they forgot to translate it

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Me: Man I'm tired of all these fake Pikachus they have every gen

SuMo: Hey check out this pokemon that's literally a fake Pikachu

Me: Oh my god I love it and must pet it and feed it treats

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Can someone explain festival plaza because the whole thing feels like they forgot to translate it

It's a little weird yeah, but basically you connect to the internet and you can talk to people whose names are red and then if you show them a shop that they want (it's a total crapshoot in my experience whether they like it or not) you get Festival Coins

Festival coins can be used to do things like: dye clothes colours not available in the shops, buy items for leveling, buy items for competitive training and play minigames

It seems like half thought-out at best. I'd rather they have put in a real money shop of some kind for like, alternative skins for pokes or clothes or pokeballs or something.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Unless I'm missing something, the Festival Plaza is basically textboxes forever until eternity. Want to see if someone has a shop you're interested in? Better be prepared to press A something like 20 times (and of course 90% offer Thump Bump Land★) I don't understand the minigames either, because some people manage to get 20+ answers in Type Matchup and I can barely get 17 if I answer everything correctly. All the time is spent mashing A through textbox after textbox after textbox.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
A Bewear just survived a Sacred Sword from my 333 Attack, Choice-Band Kartana. Goddamn, that's some ridiculous bulk.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I got my first shiny, and it's a Cotonnee :kimchi:

Not my favorite shiny (shiny Whimsicott is p. spooky) and I've been breeding literally hundreds of Pichus and Komalas in the hopes of getting one of those but... still! This has only strengthened my resolve, I'm going to breed thousands of Pokémon in this game and I will get my beautiful shinies!

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

I got the same feeling from Join Avenue back in generation 5. The dialog feels so stiff and unwieldy, like it was directly translated and not localized. It stands out badly compared to the rest of the game.

I primarily use it to order clothing I can't normally buy in my version.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

One good thing is I managed to get a dye shop that will dye my white clothes pink, but it's 100 FC and it seems ridiculously slow to get any FC at all.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Festival Plaza would be three times better if every visitor could do something to give you FC, rather than having to search for the, like, two in the crowd that actually have any reason to be there.

I'd still prefer Join Avenue but I might have ever bothered actually engaging with it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

One good thing is I managed to get a dye shop that will dye my white clothes pink, but it's 100 FC and it seems ridiculously slow to get any FC at all.

*gets that much FC in 10 minutes via Type-Matching*

*stares in confusion*

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Supremezero posted:

*stares in confusion*

I don't know what that means or how to do it

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Status effect question. Sleep Powder is kind of useless, because sleep comes off the moment the pokemon takes damage?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

When you reach rank 3 you unlock Festival Games and you get 3 tickets a day and use those to host minigames that anyone online can join you (And you can join theirs) and you get poo poo tons of FC.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Supremezero posted:

*stares in confusion*

I think the point is that it's pretty dumb and grindy to gate content behind ten minutes of running around in a circle mashing the A button to get through text boxes

Let me pay real money for FC for fucks sake

BigRed0427 posted:

Status effect question. Sleep Powder is kind of useless, because sleep comes off the moment the pokemon takes damage?

Sleep lasts from 2-5 turns, it does not come down upon damage

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The quests that ask you to find people who speak a certain language or type match ups give you like 100+ if you're fast. You can use the mission tickets the dancer lady gives you or just tap on the red banner above the giant trade button when it's running.

Also a name for Nihilego Lillie :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

BigRed0427 posted:

Nah, you can bop sleeping enemies and they'll still stay sleeping. They just have a random chance to wake up. Sometimes it's the turn after they get put to sleep and sometimes it's like four turns later.

It also has the biggest multiplier to catch rates.

E: Didn't mean to double post, sorry.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Waffles Inc. posted:

I think the point is that it's pretty dumb and grindy to gate content behind ten minutes of running around in a circle mashing the A button to get through text boxes

Let me pay real money for FC for fucks sake

Sleep lasts from 2-5 turns, it does not come down upon damage

Ok So I have a Butterfree that hit 13. So far I gave is Stun and Poison Powder. The other two moves are Gust and Confusion. I kind of want to keep those two so which powder move do I keep?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

BigRed0427 posted:

Ok So I have a Butterfree that hit 13. So far I gave is Stun and Poison Powder. The other two moves are Gust and Confusion. I kind of want to keep those two so which powder move do I keep?

Stun.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Keep or lose stun?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

It's probably too late to help you now, but you can use repels while UB hunting.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BigRed0427 posted:

Keep or lose stun?

You keep stun. Paralysis is far more useful than poison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

You keep stun. Paralysis is far more useful than poison.

So Im keeping Stun and Sleep then?

So this Butterfree's move set is Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Confusion and Gust.