Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hi i just got this game and am enjoying it quite a lot, to the point where im going to sub

@rafza for a guild invite, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighteyedie
May 30, 2011
Got this during the free weekend, it's actually pretty fun

need a guild invite for @wwenbow

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

As I discovered this morning, a Nightblade running Spinner's + Vicious Death + Eye of Frost is probably the most disgusting thing in PvP right now.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I just got this game on steam so I'll probably be playing this weekend. I like the non-linear nature of things, and I always loved TES (More so Morrowind than Skyrim but they're all fun).

I'm probably going to waste all my time stealing and murdering, but as far as group content goes: is it hard to find groups if you're not a healer? With some MMOs you'll spend an hour waiting for a group as a DPS and I ain't got time for that poo poo.

Also is there a specific resource that helps understand the basics better? I read the OP but I don't understand a few things, racial bonuses being one of them. In single player TES I usually picked an ugly Breton for my first character because magic resist is my poo poo, but I don't know what matters and what doesn't in TESO. I want to be an Argonian though (like apparently everyone else). It seems like race is the only thing I can't "fix" and its the first decision I'll have to make :ohdear:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
On PS4 my queues are around 3-10mins usually, which is pretty normal if not better than other mmos.

Is this black friday special any good? A camel and a bunch of consumables seems sorta underwhelming for 1900 funbux but I have enough from the one month eso+ and the starter 500c.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

dromal phrenia posted:

I just got this game on steam so I'll probably be playing this weekend. I like the non-linear nature of things, and I always loved TES (More so Morrowind than Skyrim but they're all fun).

I'm probably going to waste all my time stealing and murdering, but as far as group content goes: is it hard to find groups if you're not a healer? With some MMOs you'll spend an hour waiting for a group as a DPS and I ain't got time for that poo poo.

Also is there a specific resource that helps understand the basics better? I read the OP but I don't understand a few things, racial bonuses being one of them. In single player TES I usually picked an ugly Breton for my first character because magic resist is my poo poo, but I don't know what matters and what doesn't in TESO. I want to be an Argonian though (like apparently everyone else). It seems like race is the only thing I can't "fix" and its the first decision I'll have to make :ohdear:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Racial+Skills

I'm running a stamsorc despite Argonian being one of the worst races for it. If it bothers me enough when I get closer to the end, I might respec into a sorcerer build that better suits my racial skills.

When you break down all builds into either magicka or stamina focused, it seems pretty self-explanatory which races would be good for any given build.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
May i get a guild invite - @darkwyld

Thanks!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Rollersnake posted:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Racial+Skills

I'm running a stamsorc despite Argonian being one of the worst races for it. If it bothers me enough when I get closer to the end, I might respec into a sorcerer build that better suits my racial skills.

When you break down all builds into either magicka or stamina focused, it seems pretty self-explanatory which races would be good for any given build.
(Dunmer): "Reduces your damage taken by environmental lava by 50%"

Well now I have a cool PVP army gimmick idea :grin:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I don't believe there is lava in Cyrodiil, except maybe by Chorrol.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
I decided to pick this up during the huge Steam sale and I've been very pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying the game (didn't like Skyrim much). I'd love to get into the guild, @Being420on911

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I would like to come back if it wasn't for the fact that i need to take a day and a half out with little internet to make room to download 80 gigs quickly.

That and just before I uninstalled, i gave it a chance and downloaded an interface mod that reminded me of viksscrolling from World of warcraft, and I hated viks. That and it feels really unoptimized and this loving game skips for a second like once every 20 seconds, it feels just as unoptimized as The old republic in a PVP match. The effects gently caress everything up and drag your FPS to unmanageable levels.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

Scyantific posted:

Magicka Templar

Can you explain this for new people? How does Armor Specialization work? How many points go into light armor and which passives does it go into? What's the priority for the skills?

Also, can I grab a guild invite? @TessAshpool

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Me and my buddy bought the gold editions to play this together. Do we have to pick the same faction to level together?

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Can anyone make me some training gear for a new Stam Sorc? Bought the Guild and Glory mega-pack on the crown store and none of my guys have training for medium armor or one handed weapons.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Captainsalami posted:

Me and my buddy bought the gold editions to play this together. Do we have to pick the same faction to level together?

Nope! It makes things easier but One Tamriel has removed any real hurdles to to playing wherever with whoever

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

acumen posted:

On PS4 my queues are around 3-10mins usually, which is pretty normal if not better than other mmos.

Is this black friday special any good? A camel and a bunch of consumables seems sorta underwhelming for 1900 funbux but I have enough from the one month eso+ and the starter 500c.

I was thinking the same thing. None of the consumables blow me away but that camel is pretty fly

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Do we have a discord?

Padams
Jun 30, 2000

I Have the Power

to turn your property's lights off
Can I get a guild invite for @padams85 ? Just got it and I'm liking it so far.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Captainsalami posted:

Not for PvE but you will have to be the same faction for PvP. Most goons tend PvP in the Ebonheart faction but plenty of us have characters in AD and DC too

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007
I'd like an invite as well! User name "@Hatstrophe" (I'm loving stupid and left an a out of my user name on accident when making my account).

Edit : Also how gimped would I be if I made a dunmer stamina sneak nightblade or a khajiit magic nightblade? I'm torn between the two races.

Hatastrophe fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 24, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hatastrophe posted:

I'd like an invite as well! User name "@Hatstrophe" (I'm loving stupid and left an a out of my user name on accident when making my account).

Edit : Also how gimped would I be if I made a dunmer stamina sneak nightblade or a khajiit magic nightblade? I'm torn between the two races.

Swap the stats and you'll be fine. Catteblades are better with stamina, Dunmerblades are more proficient with magicka.

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Captainsalami posted:

Do we have a discord?

^

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
can I get an invite thing @chunkels (yes it's spelled differently, until i cut off the head of the guy who took @chunkles)

e: that was fast, thanks guy

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 25, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Captainsalami posted:

Do we have a discord?

https://discord.gg/PZ3DgUQ

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
Hey, I got this on PS4 last week and have been enjoying it, ever since I hit level 10 I've pretty much done nothing but PVP in Blackwater Blade. If there's any other goons playing this on PS4, add The_Maniac_Cop and we should play some time!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I picked this up off the steam sale and I'm kind of enjoying it so far. In the same mindless walk forward and hit things way I enjoy skyrim, really. But lock picking really blows and the one skill I've gotten so far, Cleave, does less damage than my light attacks. So I don't know why I would bother to use it.

What am I doing wrong here?

But seriously, gently caress lock picking. Lockpicks break just by exiting a chest early? And a dude can just walk up and take a chest I'm trying to unlock. I really hope nothing good is ever in those.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
@Captainsalami Invite please!
My goon friend is making a guy with me, hes @Visculas

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Am I correct in thinking Argonians aren't best pick for any particular class? I feel like maybe a magic restoration templar would skew in their favor, but other than that...

Is this the price you pay to pick the clearly superior race, lizard people who trip balls off tree sap and become more human looking the more they trip balls, and who get transformed by those trees into badasses who kill the gently caress out of invading daedra?

Also are Argonians in TESO named like "Lifts-Her-Tail" or like "Heita-Meen" ?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Argonians make decent if not good mage class characters simply because they have the health pool to do so, which means they already have an advantage over all other mages who forgo survivability for damage.

And yeah, they still follow the "Lifts-Her-Tail" naming convention. I wish I would have named mine "Farms-Endless-AP"

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Argonians rule and they're good at everything because of their racial tri-pot passive, and their increased healing. They're better at magic than stamina, but they're solid choices regardless.

Plus, master race and all.

Xenorax
Jul 29, 2010
My thing is @Xenoraxium and I would like to join in on the Goon stuff. I recently bought the game during the Free Weekend thing and it's pretty fun. I've killed so many innocent people.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

dromal phrenia posted:

Am I correct in thinking Argonians aren't best pick for any particular class? I feel like maybe a magic restoration templar would skew in their favor, but other than that...

Is this the price you pay to pick the clearly superior race, lizard people who trip balls off tree sap and become more human looking the more they trip balls, and who get transformed by those trees into badasses who kill the gently caress out of invading daedra?

Also are Argonians in TESO named like "Lifts-Her-Tail" or like "Heita-Meen" ?

Argonians are the coolest and picking any other race is a mistake. Unless you care about endgame min-maxing or whatever, but I have a feeling I'm just going to dick around with quests forever anyway.

I mean, look at this pimp motherfucker right here:

And in his work clothes:

What are you, going to be some boring elf or human variant? Come on now.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Left-Claw-Soft. Or, Keeps-Hand-Strong.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Aramek posted:

Left-Claw-Soft. Or, Keeps-Hand-Strong.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Me and my friend just got this game, and despite having been told that this is the hitler of MMOs, I am having the most fun I've had in an MMO since I was 12.
@Manwhocomes is my user id

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

It's easily the most player friendly MMO I've ever played. So it's a benevolent Hitler.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
hello, i have decided to be bad at this game for a change and would be very grateful if someone could shoot me a guild invite please (@Aphyllanthes)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
In terms of crafting, what is worth taking and what is a waste of points? Like, are those things where I see the materials more easily worth it if I rarely notice materials on my own? Or the things where someone is supposed to deliver me mats once a day? I feel like I should be doing better at crafting but I don't want to dump points into stuff like that if it's just a trap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
In terms of usefulness before the late game, I'd say enchanting is the only skill that is absolutely worthwhile for everyone. Blacksmithing and/or woodworking are secondary, depending upon your choice of weapons. You're not likely to get any use out of tailoring or the armor crafting half of blacksmithing until you can make stuff that can compete with the bonuses from equipment sets you find. I find enough cooked food lying around that I'm not really concerned with provisioning yet.

There are like two things you can make with alchemy that I would actually want to make, so I dropped that really fast.