Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

quote:

This Comet Pizza guy is a modern day equivalent of the CEO of NAMBLA and then some, I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever. There is a special place in hell for these maggots...

58 posted on 11/23/2016, 9:21:58 AM by Geronimo ( To trump is to outrank or defeat someone or something...)

At least they're not getting carried away with the idea at all. Can't see how this could go horribly wrong.

edit:

Also, separately, they've very quickly glommed on to the idea that "fake news" = "anything that paints Trump/conservatives in a bad light" or that somehow doesn't support their crazy conspiracy theories, versus the actual meaning as it's used everywhere else (as in, "literally every link that gets posted to Freep"). They couldn't have come up with that on their own, so I'm guessing that's something from Rush or Hannity or Bill O'Reilly they're parroting.

Along those lines, Freeper strc6 is not long for this world. He shows up in every PizzaGate thread and tries to inject some sanity, and of course is immediately shut down as a plant/troll/Dem operative, etc.

edit 2:

It's all really fascinating, at least from a sociological standpoint, especially as it's really gained steam after their candidate won and concurrent to the steady barrage of bad news from Trump Tower that's dominated mainstream discussion of the transition. Of course, it has the potential to ruin lives, too.

Smeep fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Never mind

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ocrassus posted:

Lol.. Japan killed the US car industry by producing a better product you serial moron. Fuel prices went up, and people couldn't afford to purchase or run the gigantic monstrosities the Americans were building. Japanese cars were significantly cheaper and more efficient. Free market sucks when it works against you doesn't it?

Yeah, I put the failure of the car industry directly on the leadership of the car industry that refused to change or follow global trends. I can remember watching them buck in response to the whole better emissions demand and then them all dragging their heels to comply till it was too late and GM was positive their Hummer sales wold pick up any day now, any day while Ford and Chrysler had meltdowns before all three started offering severance packages.
But no, it was the loving unions and their nazi communistic power to the people poo poo, of course.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Even in their worst years, the American car manufacturers were still building and selling an awful lot of cars. They just didn't get to have like 98% of the market anymore, the way they used to before.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Smeep posted:

Also, separately, they've very quickly glommed on to the idea that "fake news" = "anything that paints Trump/conservatives in a bad light" or that somehow doesn't support their crazy conspiracy theories, versus the actual meaning as it's used everywhere else (as in, "literally every link that gets posted to Freep"). They couldn't have come up with that on their own, so I'm guessing that's something from Rush or Hannity or Bill O'Reilly they're parroting.

Well they've only been told that for the past 30 years or so that the media is full of lies and only the "truth tellers" that you mentioned and their ilk are the correct ones, so I'd be surprised if they came to any other conclusion.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

Well they've only been told that for the past 30 years or so that the media is full of lies and only the "truth tellers" that you mentioned and their ilk are the correct ones, so I'd be surprised if they came to any other conclusion.

right, my point was that they've specifically grabbed onto "fake news," a term that's been all over media since the election, and began an almost immediate effort to rebrand the term to mean the opposite of what it means. They're doing something similar with "alt-right," but it's not as cohesive, since some Freepers consider themselves alt-right and some see the value in differentiating themselves from it.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley Picked To Be US Ambassador To The United Nations posted by freeper Helicondelta

She's a puzzling choice. She's not a nut (the left doesn't hate her, which is rare nowadays) and she was very pro-Rubio in the primaries. If she thought this might tarnish her career, why would she take the position?

quote:

To: jimfree

Yes good news. Might signal a turn in US policy from pumping billions into America hating Pakistan toward more cooperation with India.

4 posted on 11/23/2016, 4:53:21 AM by dblshot (I am John Galt.)

quote:

To: Helicondelta

That’s one more establishment problem under control. Nikki is now politically neutered and in a produce or perish position. Not to mention, her being likely to produce dividends with India at the expense of Pakistan.

This is one heck of a chess game.

8 posted on 11/23/2016, 4:57:29 AM by Steamburg (Other people's money is the only language a politician respects; starve the bastards)

Wait, are they actually accepting the idea that Romney will be Secretary of State?

quote:

Please view this beyond the lens of the Pubbie primaries. This is a pretty face, a major political talent, and she has views on international issues that are consistent with DJT. Possible VP for Pence and possible replacement for Romney at State when he moves on.

10 posted on 11/23/2016, 4:58:55 AM by jimfree (In November 2016 my 16 y/o granddaughter will have more quality exec experience than Barack Obama)

Ah, here we go.

quote:

This appointed is disgusting. I never expected to agree 100% with Trump or anybody else I voted for. But I sure didn't expect the scandal prone and incompetent Nimrata "Nikki" Haley to be appointed is incompetent to any position. She is more pro Obama and Conservative as she revealed in her response to the his State of the Union address.

She actually blamed a battle flag for the terrible church murders, lied about keeping the flag. The list of her negatives is long.

13 posted on 11/23/2016, 5:03:31 AM by Jane Austen (Nimrata "Nikki" Haley hates America, welcomes radical Muslims)

quote:

To: Jane Austen

Agree. This gives the RINOs hope. I don’t want them to have ANY hope. I want RINOs dejected and depressed.

14 posted on 11/23/2016, 5:07:09 AM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

quote:

Has TRUMP tweeted this out?? I think someone inside Trumps camp could be pushing her.

If NOT, I do not believe it!! This could be the same thing as Joe Lieberman's pick for VP.......Gore did NOT pick him...the Press or some Lieberman allies put that out, imho. Gore didn't even contact Lieberman until NOON!!

16 posted on 11/23/2016, 5:10:13 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

She will probably push to have the Flag of the USA taken down and replaced with the blue UN flag because it isn’t racist and is more inclusive.

We do not need the progressive RINOs in the new administration.

19 posted on 11/23/2016, 5:12:38 AM by wrench

quote:

Just another gop e appointment. Seems like dt is taking orders from the establishment, I am not surprised based on his personal history and his upcoming stimulus.

21 posted on 11/23/2016, 5:14:01 AM by momincombatboots (Pray for Sky, 20, two gunshots to abdomen, college student, hostess, easy prey n transformed US)

quote:

To: castlegreyskull

It is an exciting time to be an American. Too bad half the country doesn’t realize it and may never will.

that other 1/2 had their “all excited” feelings in 2008, as Obama quickly implemented destruction of what the founding fathers intended for our Republic.

There is no wonder why they are not excited now to see we may regain some of the founding fathers guidelines and MAGA.

23 posted on 11/23/2016, 5:14:48 AM by b4me (If Jesus came to set us free, why are so many professed Believers still in chains?)

quote:

Perfect place for her. She is all negotiating and group think. She will fit into that role and environment perfectly...an environment where getting along is more important than individual hard decisions. The minorities in S Carolina swayed her more than the majority. I doubt she would have survived another election here.

24 posted on 11/23/2016, 5:17:48 AM by ThePatriotsFlag ( Anything FREELY-GIVEN by the government was TAKEN from someone else.)

quote:

To: Ann Archy

There is one thing you have to keep in mind. Trump is a notorious leaker when it suits him. See the John Miller incident.

It is not beyond the realm of possibility that Trump or his people leaked the Media Firing Squad story to the NY Post.

You can’t dismiss everything because it is not in a Trump Tweet....but you also can’t assume everything is true.

You just have to know chess is going on behind the scenes.

Haley gets a worthless position and she is out of meddling with SC.

The key one for me that I will be upset about is if he gives SOS to Romney. Sigh..I will just have to accept it.

30 posted on 11/23/2016, 5:23:47 AM by RummyChick (Trump Train Hobo TM Rummychick. Example - Ryan Romney Kasich. Quit trying to Jump on the Train)

quote:

Trump is clearing the way for his ally to take over as governor.

Agree 100%. There are too many people on this board who are so rigid ideologically that they make fools of themselves on a daily basis. This appointment is perfect. It’s a do nothing job where she will have to take orders from DT and get to live on the top floor of the Waldorf for a few years. As an added bonus, we get to play a little identity politics in a non important role. It’s unbelievable how those on here who can marvel at Trump’s ability to wage the battles he has and win, can get so bent out of shape about little things.

33 posted on 11/23/2016, 5:26:43 AM by usafa92 (Trump 2016 - Destroying the GOPe while Making America Great Again!)

quote:

To: RummyChick

I thought Rick Grennel was going to get US Ambassador to the UN!! I really think this is a FAKE story put out by the Press.

34 posted on 11/23/2016, 5:27:04 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

To: Patriot Babe; wrench

Yes, she is for open borders. It would be logical for her to go after our flag since it was the Stars and Strips that flew on slave ships, not a Confederate battle flag. The flag she banished was just a battle flag.

36 posted on 11/23/2016, 5:28:07 AM by Jane Austen (Nimrata "Nikki" Haley hates America, welcomes radical Muslims)

quote:

It's amazing how blind Trump supporters twist every announcement into him playing some diversionary tacit or the press simply lying about what he's doing because he's just so smart that most can't comprehend.

Haley is a Tea Party crash test dummy. He's appointing her to curry favor with McCain and Graham, not to reward the Lt. governor.

His discussions with Romney are most probably inspired by Priebus, who's more of a RINO lapdog than a trail blazer.

The fact that some here were welcoming the Huckster as ambassador after years of slaying him for being the ultimate RINO shows the cult mentality.

Yes I voted for Trump. Yes I want to see him do well. No he's not Reagan, he's not close to Reagan, he won't morph into Reagan, he won't be better than Reagan.

He's a NY liberal who found Jesus on some important issues.
Good for us.

Build the wall and cut taxes and he'll be just fine.

38 posted on 11/23/2016, 5:31:01 AM by Reagan Disciple (Peace through Strength)

Assuming she doesn't gently caress up, I'd love to see her run. Then maybe we can have an election in which the issues matter.

quote:

Why would a sitting South Carolina Governor be willing to become the UN Ambassador unless the Republican Party is grooming her to become the First Woman President in 2024?

Otherwise it seems to me the UN Ambassadorship is a demotion.

52 posted on 11/23/2016, 6:02:33 AM by Presbyterian Reporter

quote:

To: Helicondelta; newgeezer

So much for defunding the United Nations.

55 posted on 11/23/2016, 6:06:04 AM by DungeonMaster (Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft.)

quote:

Hopefully she will be instructed to begin relaying the message that the UN can happily f-k right off if they don’t like our upcoming choices regarding their financing.

57 posted on 11/23/2016, 6:07:14 AM by servo1969

I'm not even sure what this one is trying to say.

quote:

To: usafa92

I think its point of view. People that see the world as a chessboard or battlefield understand that things are not as they first appear. The first response from someone with that mind set is “How does this advance our goals and what are we giving up to get there”?

People with a more linear thinking pattern see weakening in a direct line approach to an endpoint. They fail to understand the lesson of our first war. The Brits advanced in formation and got gunned down in ranks. The Americans thought about how to make their weaknesses into strengths.

84 posted on 11/23/2016, 6:58:11 AM by JayGalt

quote:

To: mewzilla

there is some major rationalizing going on in this thread. then entire notion that trump "kicked her upstairs" to get her out of SC is just bizarre. the lame duck governor of a deep, deep red state with a mere 9 electoral votes three weeks after a presidential election is perhaps the most insignificant form of life on earth.

his reasons for this move are indeed mysterious, but if anyone thinks that the did this so he could take over the awesome federal power center called south carolina is moderately insane.

91 posted on 11/23/2016, 7:43:40 AM by JohnBrowdie

quote:

To: Savage Beast

No, this is a “kick the problem child into a place she can do no harm so my ally gets the important job” move. The SC LT Gov is a Trump ally. Haley moving to UN removes a blow hard anti Trumper to a meaningless job and promotes an Trump ally to an important job.

I am surprised she fell for it.

103 posted on 11/23/2016, 11:11:09 AM by MNJohnnie (This revolt is not ending, it is merely beginning.- Pat Caddell)

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Trump nominates conservative activist Betsy DeVos as education secretary posted by freeper hotsteppa

Oh look, a creationist that wants to defund the public school system through charters/vouchers. I'm sure freep's gonna love her!

quote:

To: hotsteppa

Doesn’t Betty De Vos support COMMON CORE?

2 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:22:24 AM by SeekAndFind

quote:

To: Reagan79

if the (radical) leaders of the teachers unions start screaming bloody murder, i will like this pick :-)

12 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:28:16 AM by bob_esb

Barf alert.

quote:

Is she from the DeVos family who started Amway? If so, she’s good people. One of the male DeVoses was involved in Conservative Christian and Patriotic activities around the Country. Friends of Jerry Falwell, Sr., etc.

15 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:28:40 AM by Tucker39 (Welcome to America! Now speak English; and keep to the right....In driving, in theolog and politics.)

I wonder how many freepers know that Common Core is an agreement between educators in the states, not a federal program. The feds have no control over Common Core at all.

quote:

Its time the books be re-written and a conservative common core be administerd across the country.... Shove it down there throughts

20 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:31:29 AM by Vlaxo

quote:

To: SeekAndFind

Bad News—lots to learn on education. Takes lots of reading. School Choice will end up getting claws into homeschoolers (private ed)-who will take the cash. Then comes guess what....
Too bad Trump is unread as hell on ed...more SNOWFLAKES ahead.
Can’t win them all. I’ll have my kid done before they start the regs.

29 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:33:39 AM by magna carta
I'm not sure what the rest of this post is trying to imply. The general pattern, though, is that inevitably scammers come in and make as much money as they can running one school at a time, shutting it down due to fake financial problems midway through the school year and then opening another. Another significant problem is that charters are almost always funded based on their performance, while also allowing them to reject students that might not perform well. This leads to under performing students being over represented in the remaining public schools, which places an additional burden on the teachers there while also giving even more ammunition to the "public schools are trash" screechers.

And that doesn't even begin to cover the whole "school choice" thing being a keyword for "we don't want our children to be force-fed a liberal education," as expressly noted just a few posts earlier. Charters and vouchers are toxic. Fight them as if your children's lives counted on it, because they do.

Meanwhile, wait, what?

quote:

To: conservative98

School Choice & Charter straight out of marxist playbook. SAD TO WATCH THIS MISSTEP!!!!!

30 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:34:41 AM by magna carta

Oh why hello there.

quote:

Definitely a political payoff. She’s essentially the Republican Party gatekeeper for the state of Michigan. No one runs as a Republican for statewide political office without her blessing.

33 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:36:52 AM by be-baw (still seeking)

quote:

Not a bad pick.

I'm calling it a very bad pick. She's pro-Common Core. She was appointed by W. to the board of directors of the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. We need to defund the arts and CC stricken from our schools.

35 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:41:09 AM by bgill (From the CDC site, "We don't know how people are infected with Ebola")

Freepers: We need to defund the arts

On one hand, it's good that at least some freepers understand the problems with the charter idea. On the other hand, holy poo poo, just read it.

quote:

Not a good pick. What is school choice? The right to send your kid to any school you want. OK, take it from a veteran educator as to how this works. Lowlife ghetto thug students foul their own nest by committing acts of school violence, having lousy attendance records, cutting classes, disrupting what classes they do attend, and doing little to no work for these classes. A school full of this kind of student will be a failing school, no matter what caliber of teacher is there. So the parents of these students don’t want their kid in a “failing school”, even if they had a hand in making it so. They get the kid admitted to a school which is still functioning well. You get enough of these kind of students transferring to this new school and guess what? They turn it into a crap hole like they just left. They have no idea of how one properly conducts oneself in school, how to effectively participate in class, how to have respect for teachers, how to seek help in subjects giving them trouble, etc. Moreover, they intimidate the original students in the new school and basically take over, turning the new school into a ghetto school. Naive optimists are thinking, “Oh, being around good students will turn these poor students into good students by example.” Nope. It always goes the other way. Formerly well-behaved students start mouthing off and otherwise imitating their new classmates, and that’s the end of that school.

41 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:46:38 AM by EinNYC

quote:

To: bgill

Big whoop. She's pro-Common Core. We don't need anyone who's pro-Common Core.

Well, that does it! I’m finished with Trump!

48 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:53:22 AM by Russ

Oh good, some freepers do know that Common Core isn't a federal program

quote:

To: Black Agnes

The real issues are in the details:

“Despite all the concern, though, it seems unlikely that Trump can actually do anything to eliminate Common Core. Adoption and continued use of the standards is entirely controlled by state and local governments; while the Obama administration used stimulus funds to encourage Common Core’s adoption, those funds have been exhausted and nothing currently compels states to remain on Common Core. They all have the power to leave, and a few, such as Oklahoma, already have. Furthermore, the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), the current law governing education, prohibits the federal government from coercing states regarding the standards they use.”

“In order to root out Common Core, then, Trump would have to replace or ignore ESSA and intervene at the state level to get rid of Common Core. That would hardly comport with Trump’s rhetoric about having education controlled at the local level.”

If this report is accurate, Common Core is no longer funded or assisted by the federal government. It’s now in the hands of the 40 states that use it. In other words, Common Core is now an issue for each individual state to decide.

So then the complaint here would be moot.

Perhaps De Vos was once a promoter for Common Core but as it looks now, she can no longer promote it. All President Trump has to do is not sign onto any budget item for Common Core.

De Vos’ last involvement in education was over choices that made education unions mad. That’s a good thing. Perhaps there might be a way for her to promote school choice. If she’s successful with that, she could then work on closing the Department down.

Trump has also made promises to the inner cities. They are in bad need of newer and safer facilities. That will take money. So the Education Dept will likely still have a role to play as he makes good on that campaign promise.

Conservatives should focus on getting rid of Common Core at the state level while ensuring the federal level earmarks no funds of any kind for Common Core. Conservatives should advocate sunsetting the Education Dept after it has served as a conduit to fund newer and safer school facilities in the inner cities.

49 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:53:30 AM by Hostage (Article V)

quote:

To: newfreep

I am all for getting rid of common core, but I really hope they do not start allowing “school choice.”

I’m a parent that sacrifices so my daughter can go to a private school. Half the reason to send your kid to a private school is to get them away from the kids whose parents do not value education enough to make sacrifices for it.

My daughter’s elementary school just started allowing some kids from disadvantaged communities to go there, with their tuition paid by the school. These kids have already started vandalizing the bathrooms and causing other problems.

Government keeps paying more and more for helping kids go to college, but nobody’s tuition ever really goes down does it?

51 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:54:40 AM by MNDude (God is not a Republican, but Satan is certainly a Democrat)

Freeper EinNYC continues yelling into the void. Zero replies.

quote:

To: Vlaxo

Yeah, the private schools will quickly toss the bad kids out, as will the charter schools (that’s what the charters do now). Since every kid is guaranteed an appropriate education, where do the tossed out kids go?

61 posted on 11/23/2016, 11:03:39 AM by EinNYC

It disturbs me that freepers hate national minimum standards for education this much.

quote:

To: Black Agnes

A conservative version of common core might work, but the bigger issue may be the federal role in education vs states rights.

69 posted on 11/23/2016, 11:15:12 AM by Chauncey Gardiner

Freep opinions: for-profit schools are better because they aren't guaranteed to be liberal

quote:

To: snarkytart

It means what it says, instead of kids having to go to the designated public school in their district, they can chose to go to a for-profit school of their choice anywhere. Instead of taxpayers financing your kid’s education, you do. Instead of your kid learning to protest, learning faux US and world history, leaning that Democrat leaders know best, they learn real history and to be responsible, think for themselves, to acquire life long habit of reading books, and so forth.

70 posted on 11/23/2016, 11:16:27 AM by PIF (They came for me and mine ... now it is your turn ...)

Freep opinions: it is bad to have people with degrees in education be responsible for creating material designed to educate

quote:

To: hotsteppa; wintertime; metmom

I don’t know about this lady, but I did read many books from 25 years ago on the ‘Education Wars’ back then.

So, for what it’s worth here, I’ll try to DEBUNK a few things about Common Core:

First, for people that were reading about the state of education 25 years ago - books such as Thomas Sowell’s Inside American Education, the first thing we noticed about Common Core is that it was NOTHING NEW. Virtually all the bad things about Common Core (Whole Language Reading, math by Calculators and ‘spiraling’, etc.) already existed and was widespread long before “Common Core” existed. Likewise, get rid of Common Core, and that crap isn’t going anywhere, because it’s not Common Core that brought this crap, it was the teachers and others that brought it. Here in Texas, we don’t have Common Core...but you’d never know it by looking at the material. As long as we let ‘them’ (i.e., the bunch with ‘Education’ degrees) run our classrooms, we’ll have this crap, regardless of what ‘they’ call it (and yes, ‘they’ will morph the name once it gets discredited, such as Whole Language >> Sight Words). In fact, in pointing out the above several times here, I’ve noted that Common Core did us the favor of painting a nice big target on this crap...but it’s nothing new.

The REAL VICTORY for our side is on the funding side - get rid of the direct funding from government to ‘them’ and make ‘them’ have to compete with others teaching traditionally, and ‘they’ become powerless - that is where the real battle has to be fought. That is where ‘they’ will fight to the death.

So, personally, I think the left will go nuts. For them Common Core made life easier, as they no longer had to coordinate the destruction of our education system through the 50 states...they just did it out of DC, but the BIG PRIZE is starving them of money, since they will wither on the vine at that point.

74 posted on 11/23/2016, 11:28:37 AM by BobL (In Honor of the NeverTrumpers, I declare myself as FR's first 'Imitation NeverTrumper')
So let's talk about that second thing I bolded there. The thing about "traditional" teaching.

Again, this comes back to the dangers of the conservative mindset. Simply because something is traditional, or the way it always was, or the way they learned it, that doesn't make it the best way to do it, or even a good way to to it. Different children learn in different ways. For example, you've probably seen the big angry posts on social media from parents upset that they don't understand their children's math homework. These new techniques for teaching didn't emerge out of nowhere. They exist because they work. And, shock of shocks, teaching multiple ways to do something is a good thing.

And don't get me started on that whole thing about people with loving DEGREES IN HOW TO TEACH not being qualified to create teaching material.

In fact, don't get me started on the rest of this thread. There are another 75 posts, but I'm just a bit too angry to continue right now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

McGlockenshire posted:

Its time the books be re-written and a conservative common core be administerd across the country.... Shove it down there throughts

Yess, have history books rewritten by a real conservative, the most reactionary traditionalists they can find.

"Chapter 1 - The Founding of America by Liberal Deists who Denied the Divine Right of Kings"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

But I sure didn't expect the scandal prone and incompetent Nimrata "Nikki" Haley to be appointed is incompetent to any position.

You know, not like the orange bastard you guys voted in for president.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Guavanaut posted:

Yess, have history books rewritten by a real conservative, the most reactionary traditionalists they can find.

"Chapter 1 - The Founding of America by Liberal Deists who Denied the Divine Right of Kings"

Please shove conservative schooling down there throughts

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

Holy gently caress, the irony. Yeah, let's teach everyone what you learned, since you did such a great job displaying it here.:downsbravo:
Maybe then we could tell people to marry their sisters since eight generations of inbreeding in your family obviously had no ill effects

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
A snack from a thread entitled "Study: No Actual Aloe Vera Found in Aloe Gels From Walmart, Target, CVS"

quote:

To: nickcarraway

Shouldn’t it be aloe falsa, then?

7 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:26:28 PM by Lonesome in Massachussets (The Democratic Party supports full civil rights for Necro-Americans!)

Not a single mention anywhere in the thread about, oh, I dunno, standards and testing and oversight and repercussions for the scammers. Just freep being poo poo, and a bad joke. But I repeat myself.

Instead, from Ben Carson Accepts HUD Secretary Post, Spokesman Says posted by freeper abb

quote:

To: abb

Good man, but why no Surgeon General or Health and Human Services? I mean, the man is LITERALLY a brain surgeon.

7 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:00:00 PM by Behind Liberal Lines
Seriously though, if we're getting Friend Ben in the Trump administration, why not as Surgeon General?

quote:

To: Behind Liberal Lines

I think HUD you are really in a position to make a difference.

11 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:04:35 PM by nikos1121 (I am way more deplorable than you.)
Let's also not forget that Friend Ben grew up poor. Maybe, just maybe, he won't be the complete shitshow that his primary performance is making so many expect from him

quote:

Is he going to see to the dismantling of his own department?

13 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:09:01 PM by Magnum44 (My comprehensive terrorism plan: Hunt them down and kill them)

quote:

HUD.
Hell Upon Detroit.

14 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:10:16 PM by Harmless Teddy Bear (Not a Romantic, not a hero worshiper and stop trying to tug my heartstrings. It tickles!)

Jesus Christ, these people.

quote:

I hope his mandate is to shut it down. All cities are in states (except for DC). Let the states deal with their own.

15 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:10:17 PM by PTBAA

Uhhhhhhhhh :stare:

quote:

Magic Ben will fix it!

18 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:12:01 PM by Greetings_Puny_Humans (I mostly come out at night... mostly.)

quote:

A kindly, brilliant BLACK man in charge of Housing and Urban Development.

Another perfect placement.

He's building an executive, NOT organizing a community!

24 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:17:56 PM by Aevery_Freeman (Whitelash - the cure for what ails our nation.)

quote:

To: gswilder

What does HUD have to do with revitalizing urban centers? I hope Trumps intent here is to revitalize by removing impediments to growth, creating tax incentives to bring in new business to dead city areas, etc. I hope its not by giving more tax dollars to create more gubment “employees” in the inner cities.

25 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:19:14 PM by Magnum44 (My comprehensive terrorism plan: Hunt them down and kill them)

quote:

To: heterosupremacist

I am pleased Carson accepted, but disappointed that Trump didn’t/doesn’t plan to abolish the HUD...

That’s the only “reformation” that corrupt, racist, social-engineering department needs. What we don’t need is anyone who will try to prove their relevance by continuing to misuse this dept as a means of wealth redistribution, reparations, and the destruction of the social cohesion and social trust of existing neighborhoods, and I pray that Dr Carson understands that and doesn’t get so caught up in trying to prove his viability that he continues that agenda, which is HUD’s present agenda.

32 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:31:16 PM by mrsmel (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

Christ, are we back in the education thread?

quote:

To: nickedknack

I think all of that should be disbursed back to the state. For instance, Mass wants to teach grade school children the sodomite agenda even if the parents of a student oppose it (the parents weren’t supposed to know in the first place). If a majority of Mass citizens would vote to support this, that would be Mass’ business. But as things stand, with these agencies, they try to impose Mass values on, say, MS, in which a huge majority of parents oppose this.

34 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:34:56 PM by mrsmel (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

quote:

To: Eleutheria5

He’s black, and it seems to be unwritten law that a black person must head these social engineering/urban “renewal” programs, or anything which touches upon “urban” issues, in this one definition of “urban”.

36 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:36:56 PM by mrsmel (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

Boy that's some funny wording around the "1/8" thing.

quote:

To: Steve_Seattle

Trump needs to empower the 1/8th black male population that supported him. Give THEM the opportunity to change their communities from one of subsistence, welfare and despair to one of opportunity and growth. If that happens, the Democrats as we know them are screwed for an eternity. The Slave Owner Democrats need to be robbed of their property. Free them.

47 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:55:30 PM by Professional

quote:

Freepers:

quote:

To: SaveFerris

Just keep your Section 8 housing as far away from me as possible.

64 posted on 11/23/2016, 2:38:09 PM by Eleven Bravo 6 319thID

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Guavanaut posted:

Nah, you got the title wrong, follow his example

"Chapter 1 - Tha Funding uf 'Murica by Liebril De-ists hoo Deenided the Devine Rite uf Kings."

McGlockenshire posted:

I hope his mandate is to shut it down. All cities are in states (except for DC). Let the states deal with their own.

15 posted on 11/23/2016, 1:10:17 PM by PTBAA

Worked great in Kansas

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 24, 2016

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
I'm done with freep today, but here's what you're missing out on.
"Science Fiction!?", you're probably asking yourself about the minorities & guns one. Yeah, freep has started editorializing stories from the MSM that they don't like as "fake news" in all sorts of new, fun, and entirely uncreative ways.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's kind of interesting that a fair number of Freepers oppose charter/voucher school choice systems. I mean, they oppose it for completely racist reasons, but...they still oppose it. But yeah as soon as I heard DeVos was an advocate of charter schools and vouchers I was immediately depressed for the future of education in our ountry.

McGlockenshire posted:

Let's also not forget that Friend Ben grew up poor. Maybe, just maybe, he won't be the complete shitshow that his primary performance is making so many expect from him

The only thing I'm worried about is that Ben Carson did indeed grow up poor, but he seems to have the mentality of "Since I became rich and successful, any other black person who does not is just lazy." I could be wrong but that's my biggest concern to appointing him to that position.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Let's take a look at this news from a different angle: AFT President Randi Weingarten on Nomination of Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education

quote:

To: mdittmar

That means she's the perfect choice.
TRiUMPh

2 posted on 11/23/2016 4:33:40 PM PST by OSHA (MSM Microscope. Republican - This end up >===) Democrat - This end up.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

translation: Mr Trump has made a great appointment! who sounds likely to do almost everything that needs doing to fix the deplorable mess in public education... a system which would be recalled by the FDA or CPSC in a split second as a defective product

3 posted on 11/23/2016 4:34:38 PM PST by faithhopecharity ("Politicians are not born. They're excreted." Marcus Tullius Cicero.)

quote:

I’m loving Betsy!

4 posted on 11/23/2016 4:35:09 PM PST by jmaroneps37 (Conservatism is truth. Liberalism is lies.)

quote:

What a tremendous endorsement!

6 posted on 11/23/2016 4:36:05 PM PST by upsdriver (I support Sarah Palin.)

quote:

There may be hope for our children after all...

8 posted on 11/23/2016 4:36:55 PM PST by greatvikingone

quote:

Doesn’t she realize that there’s no point in giving Trump a strong endorsement like that after the election?

9 posted on 11/23/2016 4:39:19 PM PST by Junk Silver

quote:

I wasnt sure about her until now.

11 posted on 11/23/2016 4:39:40 PM PST by Raycpa

quote:

“The president-elect, in his selection of Betsy DeVos, has chosen the most ideological, anti-public education nominee put forward since President Carter created a Cabinet-level Department of Education.

Sounds like winning to me. Trump should work towards eliminating the DOE. It serves no useful purpose. States and local communities are more than capable to educate our children

14 posted on 11/23/2016 4:40:41 PM PST by Fzob (Let the saving love of Christ be the measure of our lives.)

quote:

To: OSHA

When you take flack, you’re over the target.

I know there has been a lot of speculation among FReepers about De Vos’ stand on Common Core. I don’t know enough about her to even hazard a guess.

But I do notice that Trump is currently announcing appointments to what I might term honorable but second-tier positions, e.g. Nikki Haley as UN ambassador. I guess that Haley is a sop to both the GOPe and to female supporters. De Vos may fall in the same category.

The federal Department of Education will no doubt be cut back severely — or at least that’s what we might expect.

Perhaps by the middle of Trump’s term, De Vos will be basically an administration spokesman — and cheerleader — on education matters, as control of education returns to its rightful place at the state and local level.

Who knows — maybe she will end up as a one-person department? We can only hope.

23 posted on 11/23/2016 4:45:58 PM PST by Nothingburger
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

I wasn’t too sure about DeVos because of her support for Common Core; but reading this makes me feel much better about her!!

25 posted on 11/23/2016 4:51:34 PM PST by Wisconsinlady (What we tolerate today, our children will embrace tomorrow)

quote:

As I noted earlier today, for us people that have been watching the left on education policy, Common Core was NOTHING NEW. It was all the same crap from decades back and getting rid of it will not improve anything. In fact, I think Common Core worked to our advantage as it gave us a BIG FAT TARGET to go after, rather than this amorphous ‘blob’ (as Thomas Sowell calls it) that was continuing to destroy our children.

So her (apparent) earlier support for Common Core really doesn’t matter. I would guess she was like any naive person thinking that if we can just get education policy CENTRALIZED, it can then be fixed...but, of course, we here know how risky that is, because if WE do not control the direction of that centralized system, we can get screwed even worse.

As it is, her job is to carry out Trump’s policies, and Trump isn’t the kind of person to let his people go off the rails.

26 posted on 11/23/2016 4:51:58 PM PST by BobL (In Honor of the NeverTrumpers, I declare myself as FR's first 'Imitation NeverTrumper')

quote:

I would have been concerned if the liberals in the Teacher union were in favor of DeVos......now, I feel quite comfortable with her selection!

27 posted on 11/23/2016 4:52:28 PM PST by Brandonmark (There still may be hope for our country! 11.08.2016- DAY OF RENEWAL)

quote:

To: Tax-chick

The government education system needs to be collapsed by withdrawing our children.

31 posted on 11/23/2016 4:53:56 PM PST by achilles2000 ("I'll agree to save the whales as long as we can deport the liberals")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

The Libs ALWAYS play the class-envy card.

33 posted on 11/23/2016 4:54:29 PM PST by txnativegop (Hey! Libturds! You got Trumped!)

quote:

Be careful about Charter Schools. They are private-public alliance with your tax dollars going to fund them with no School boards so parents have no say in how they are run or the curriculum.

Jeb Bush is one of the board members/owners of one largest Charter School companies. These could actually be worse than public schools.

36 posted on 11/23/2016 4:56:00 PM PST by Vic S ( David Rockefeller killed Larry McDonald (KAL 007))

quote:

To: greatvikingone

Great reaction. Confirms Trump made an outstanding choice.

39 posted on 11/23/2016 4:56:33 PM PST by Chauncey Gardiner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

Kill common core and put states back in charge of its school systems and curricula and lets teach civics, American History and US Government. When I was in the 7th grade government class I got caught throwing spitballs and had to copy the US Constitution and all the amendments. At least it was all in my Government Book. Learned a lot and understand what I learned a lot more today.

42 posted on 11/23/2016 4:59:03 PM PST by DOC44 (Have gun will travel.)

quote:

To: achilles2000
She’s not a bad appointment,

Listen to the liberals. The more they cry, the better the appointment.
43 posted on 11/23/2016 4:59:22 PM PST by ladyjane
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ladyjane; achilles2000

Listen to the liberals. The more they cry, the better the appointment.

Yes and no. They cry no matter what. It's good that they're crying, but they'd be crying if Trump appointed a lockstep educationalist establishmentarian, just because it was a Trump appointment.

No meaningful reform can happen without getting the Federal government out, in my opinion. The Federal government is much more susceptible to ideological whims and snits than are local school authorities who have to face local voters.

47 posted on 11/23/2016 5:04:13 PM PST by Tax-chick ("You don't get to be an old drunk by doing stupid things with guns."~Harmless Teddy Bear)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

quote:

To: OSHA

EXACTLY...TRUMP...TRUMP...TRUMP...GO TRUMP

45 posted on 11/23/2016 5:00:08 PM PST by goodnesswins (Say hello to President Trump)

quote:

To: faithhopecharity

“Every American should be concerned that she would impose her reckless and extreme ideology on the nation.”

Like teaching Constitutional principals free of political correctness.

Might even correct the history books to accurately and thoroughly document the Democrats promotion of Slavery throughout history.

59 posted on 11/23/2016 5:25:24 PM PST by Eddie01
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

"“The president-elect, in his selection of Betsy DeVos, has chosen the most ideological, anti-public education nominee put forward since President Carter created a Cabinet-level Department of Education. "

Good. Perhaps this means students will be able to get jobs again when they graduate.

65 posted on 11/23/2016 5:34:29 PM PST by clearcarbon

quote:

Today is Wednesday.

President Elect Donald J. Trump only 1 day past the 2 weeks point

and another great pick for his team

I don't think I can keep up with all the winning....

I'm still suffering from "multiple daily Trump rally" ending syndrome.

67 posted on 11/23/2016 5:40:16 PM PST by spokeshave (In the Thatch Weave,..Trump's Wing Man is Truth.)

quote:

To: calenel

Don’t use the communists propaganda term “Progressives”.

These are marxists, and they laugh a little every time we buy into their latest lie about who they are.

Nothing “Progressive” about communism.

Anybody calling themselves a “progressive” needs to be locked up.

COMMUNISTS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

71 posted on 11/23/2016 5:54:40 PM PST by Rome2000 (SMASH THE CPUSA-SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS-CLOSE ALL MOSQUES)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Oh yeah, this Freeper's tagline.

quote:

43 posted on 11/22/2016, 1:27:20 PM by Organic Panic (Gentrification in America. Rich White Man Evicts Poor Black Family - MSNBCPBSCNNNYTABC)

The sad part is, "Rich White Man Evicts Poor Black Family," on its own, is actually pretty amusing. It's a lot like the Onion article after Obama got elected, Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job.

But since this is Freep, it's really terrible, and seems like it's being used as a slam against the mainstream media.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
NPR has a story about a fake-news magnate they managed to find, it's worth a read, and relevant to the thread, in light of Pizzagate and some of the other nonsense Freep keeps fapping to.

Basically, he started doing it to show how nuts the right wing is and how willing they are to gobble up the bullshit, and he was rather significantly more successful than he thought it would be. He also says he tried to plant fake news against the left as well, but they almost never took the bait.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/11/23/503146770/npr-finds-the-head-of-a-covert-fake-news-operation-in-the-suburbs

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow freep hating goons. And for those of you who don't celebrate this holiday, may the spirit of it still touch you like a DC politician in a pizza shop.

Now i'm off to browse freep for "I'm all alone because I'm a rabid shitbag" tears

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

SocketWrench posted:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow freep hating goons. And for those of you who don't celebrate this holiday, may the spirit of it still touch you like a DC politician in a pizza shop.

Now i'm off to browse freep for "I'm all alone because I'm a rabid shitbag" tears

My favorite time of year... I can't wait.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

SocketWrench posted:

Truly, upon this season my thanks are with you, intrepid traveler of the interwebs.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Here we go. Dig in everybody.

From Your Thanksgiving guide to explaining Trump to your liberal relatives
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3497924/posts

quote:

Posted on 11/24/2016, 7:12:45 AM by kevcol

But this year, avoiding politics just ain't gonna happen. Your Baby Boomer aunts will be despondent. The glass ceiling was supposed to shatter this year. Trevor, who has been marching against Trump since Election Day, is even bringing the girlfriend he met at a Bernie rally in Oakland.

Trump will come up. You need to know how to handle it.

Limited, decentralized government

This is your chance to sell your liberal relatives on the virtues of limited government.

Yeah, sell them on a limited government that's going to invade half the world, round up all muslims and mexicans and kick them out, restrict reproductive choice, convert the gays, put the blacks in their place, etc, etc, etc.
Anyways, on with the poo poo salad

Actually first post in and someone gets it

quote:

To: kevcol

I’m pretty sure that politics will be a topic that we’ll all avoid at Thanksgiving this year. Like it is every year. It makes for a more enjoyable day.

2 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:16:56 AM by DoodleDawg

Then rejected. Yes, I'm sure that'll shut them up and not launch an argument or another "Grandpa's acting crazy again" warning

quote:

To: kevcol; Fred Nerks

Yes. Obviously.

But I am simply cooking the biggest Turkey I can find ( about 27 pounds, serving it with a platter calligraphic sign “ The Corpse of Obama Socialist Utopianism, enjoy it while you can.( This was not a free bird.)”

That should get the politics over right at the beginning.

3 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:17:03 AM by Candor7 ( Obama fascism article:(http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/05/barack_obama_the_quintessentia_1.html)

I bet they love you too

quote:

To: DoodleDawg

My son was a convincing donald j on halloween. I suggested he dress up when we visit my liberal sister and family on thanksgiving

4 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:19:13 AM by ronnie raygun

Starting to notice a pattern yet?

quote:

To: DoodleDawg

I don’t explain, I laugh an gloat.

5 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:25:15 AM by The_Republic_Of_Maine (politicians beware)

SCORE!

quote:

To: ronnie raygun

My little snowflake went cross country this holiday to spend it with her liberal relatives. My snowflake wife and I are going for a huge steak, a nice glass of Cabernet and no discussion of politics.

I am the lone conservative in the family and I am the last person my relatives want to see this Thanksgiving.

10 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:28:34 AM by EQAndyBuzz (Election 2016 - Best election ever.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Image about Trump "generously" giving up his comfy life to be mocked and insulted...because he responds oh so well to it

quote:

11 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:32:05 AM by Bobalu (See liberal MSM heads explode...make Milo Yiannopoulos Trump's new Press Secretary!)

One way to always be invited to parties....piss off everyone

quote:

The best Christmas at the inlaws, around impeachment of Clinton.

I said they had evidence of rape, My brother in law started yelling at the top of his lungs... pounding the table, he went ballistic. A great moment! :)

13 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:47:27 AM by PA-RIVER

Application for disownment?

quote:

Fortunately, my grandchildren will be home from college.

I'm thinking of just writing out a questionnaire for them instead of torturing them at the table.
21 posted on 11/24/2016, 8:13:19 AM by Sacajaweau

This one got out the movie theater projector for his projections

quote:

To: SauronOfMordor
> I’ve been saying for a while, that an effective argument for reducing government power is to tell a lib “Think about how much power Obama has accumulated to act on the basis of Executive Orders. Now visualize all that power in the hands of Donald Trump”.

Thank God there will be o Clintonites or Obamites at my table. Used to be until I educated them about what both are really about. They had no clue. Liberals tend to vote because of the way someone and their celebrity status looks not their actions which is great for charlatans wo can easily fool them and they do. They never learn...
22 posted on 11/24/2016, 8:18:30 AM by jsanders2001

The dumb bitch. shoulda been in the kitchen makin' me a sandwich

quote:

To: SES1066

I had a similar lecture from my snowflake daughter and told her that I had decided, thanks to her, to change my will and leave everything to charity.

28 posted on 11/24/2016, 8:49:58 AM by RonnG

Reminder, this one voted for Trump

quote:

Why waste time telling the truth to idiots. Truth and decency are not in their dictionary.

29 posted on 11/24/2016, 8:57:05 AM by mulligan (I)

As did this one

quote:

There is no “educating” the stupid. They believe in and act on emotions. There is no brain activity; facts have no meaning. The best thing to do is pat them on the head and say “Well bless your little heart”.

33 posted on 11/24/2016, 9:09:15 AM by NTHockey (Rules of engagement #1: Take no prisoners. And to the NSA trolls, FU)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It's impressive how :smug: you can be about alienating your whole family.

Your family.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
tbf I'd rather have a nice steak and relative solitude then share a table with screaming morons and their children, who are at least nice enough to be glued to their phones the whole time and not say anything.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
In Canada we have Thanksgiving in October, and this year my parents were on vacation overseas. Not having to attend a dinner full of loud relatives and their children was bliss. I ordered a pizza and watched Netflix.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lots of Freepers in this thread

Love yourself, love your families, love your friends. Don't be a curmudgeon

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
gently caress you, I love my family but my family is huge. When we get together it's an all day event with dozens of people. It's exhausting and I see most of them regularly throughout the year. It was nice to have a long weekend to myself for once and you don't get to self righteous me into not appreciating that because you made assumptions.

Comparing people to Freepers. Have you no decency?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jay Rust posted:

Lots of Freepers in this thread

Love yourself, love your families, love your friends. Don't be a curmudgeon

There is a huge difference between "I got a nice weekend to enjoy by myself" and "My lieberal family hates me and doesn't want me around"/"I hate my lieberal family and don't want to ever spend time with them"/"I'm going to go be a smug rear end in a top hat because decency is an outdated concept"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I got infected with norovirus and probably had a better Thanksgiving than most of Freep

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
This year I'm thankful that I was able to spend Thanksgiving with just my children and their mother. It was nice and quiet.

Freep didn't seem to want a nice, quiet day.

From Your One Stop Guide to DESTROYING your Democrat relatives at Thanksgiving! posted by freeper Starman417

This is the best use of a clickbait headline to tell the eager reader to gently caress off that I've seen in ages. It's actually a piece on how to deflect and redirect political conversations, formed as a reply to various lefty articles about how to talk about political events without intentionally ruffling feathers.

Enough of the article was included in the excerpt, so let's see how many freepers actually read it, and how many are just sacks of sad.

quote:

To: Starman417

They self uninvited we are in the clear

2 posted on 11/23/2016, 6:50:22 PM by al baby (Hi Mom Its a Joke friends)

But don't feel too bad for them, a whole bunch of freepers invited them over.

quote:

I wish I had a family to sit down with tomorrow.

7 posted on 11/23/2016, 7:00:05 PM by ButThreeLeftsDo

quote:

To: al baby

Not me. They know I’m waiting for them. especially my idiot union-loving, govt worshipping brother and my Hitlery voting aunt.

8 posted on 11/23/2016, 7:00:34 PM by max americana

I don't even know what this is supposed to be a reply to, or how coherent this person is given the word salad it starts turning into, but

quote:

Trump Already saved the USA and freedom

1.Trump stopped Hillary Clinton from becoming president.Hillary was going to flood the USA with new Muslim and other 3rd world immigrants . There are 7 billion people in the world most of them in poverty .Do the math.Most people have no idea the bullet we dodged.Hillary was planning on giving immigrants executive amnesty all of them.
2. Trump stopped TPP. TPP would have destroyed U.S. sovereignty.
3. Hillary welcomed the whole world to move to America starting with Syrian Muslims and the rest of the Muslims (FYI there are close to 1.5 billion Muslims in the world in 57 countries Muslims/Islam took over and genocided the people of those countries who were there previously )
So Trump already saved America from Islam with his Muslim immigration ban , the wall ,etc.

4. Apple, HP , Ford and other companies are surrendering to Trump already saying they will make things in America again.

5. Hillary has been a long time hard core communist . So Trump saved America and your property from this Hillary Clinton = chavez.

6. There were a least 5 ways that Hillary Clinton was going to use to destroy America as I detailed some above which Trump saved us Americans from . Trump saved America,Americans,freedom , and western civilization nothing less than that. It's amazing that even on this forum many buy the liberal media lies that Trump changed his mind on this or that or that his minion said this or that and Trump has not even had power yet nor taken any actions and the things I say above Trump has confirmed in the direct messages I saw on youtube from President elect Trump.. And all of you under Hillary would even have your life , your property your freedom in jeopardy under Hillary and you want to doubt Trump? you must be never Trumpers or liberals/democrats(I'm only saying this to those criticizing Trump not the great pro-Trump people here ).

Count your blessings because we dodged the Hillary bullet, the most evil creature that I can think of.
Many more Trump accomplishment already but I don't have time nor the space to post them all here.

10 posted on 11/23/2016, 7:03:32 PM by Democrat_media (President Trump has to change the 1965 immigration act so he can get a 2nd term)

quote:

People on the right do not destroy their relatives.

16 posted on 11/23/2016, 7:06:42 PM by Secret Agent Man ( Gone Galt; Not averse to Going Bronson.)

quote:

All, absolutely all, I have to do is sit there quietly with a big smile on my face.

17 posted on 11/23/2016, 7:07:30 PM by JimSEA

Even more sad than the one without any family

quote:

It’s gonna be tough for me. I don’t remember very well anymore and I’m gonna be with a bunch of family libs. Pray for them.

20 posted on 11/23/2016, 7:11:18 PM by deweyfrank (Nobody's Perfect)

quote:

Life is too short to spend with Liberals, so I don’t.

21 posted on 11/23/2016, 7:11:43 PM by right way right (May we remain sober over mere men, for God really is our one and only true hope.)

The sadess continues,

quote:

Thanksgiving. Me n Jesus will have a meet n greet. Haven’t had family in a very long time. Havef un all, maybe I’ll look for a TV and watch some football. If you have family be happy you have them; the barbs and such might go away someday, Just a thought.

31 posted on 11/23/2016, 7:30:49 PM by Karliner (Jeremiah29:11,Romans8:28 Isa 17, Damascus has fallen)

Uhhuh, sure.

quote:

I plan on buying a lot of those little bottles of peptol bismol so that when one of them opens their mouth condemning republicans i can give them one and say “That’s for yer verbal diarrhea- drink a lot of it- you obviously need it”

36 posted on 11/23/2016, 8:02:59 PM by Bob434

quote:

Great thing about moving away from California and my liberal siblings, do not have to be around them, and my sister's human being boys. Went to hell after my dad died, no one dared get political around him. His house, after all.

I do not miss it at all, nor the indigestion.

39 posted on 11/23/2016, 8:09:53 PM by doorgunner69

At least two of the posters so far have read the article.

quote:

Thank you all for your comments. I’ll be a better guest now
tomorrow after reading your suggestions.

49 posted on 11/23/2016, 9:01:52 PM by tommix2 (ices)

Oh look, more of this.

quote:

To: Tucker39

Hillary was expecting to get the other half-billion $$$$ from the ME muslim countries by allowing in a half-million more terrorist “refugees” to further weaken our Country and spread sharia law and all that comes with it.

Yes Hillary was going to flood the USA with Muslim terrorists. We dodged a bullet , the Hillary Bullet.

I’m going to stand up at Thanksgiving dinner and I’m going to give that speech I wrote in my previous post and I’m going to stand up at the table and say:

“What do i have to give thanks for this Thanksgiving? I give thanks for President elect Trump ! Make America Great Again! “ then I’m going to go on like i did with my other post and watch liberal heads explode!

I already told everyone at the office as I was leaving today “Make America Great Again!” The all looked some smiled !

54 posted on 11/23/2016, 10:21:50 PM by Democrat_media (President Trump has to change the 1965 immigration act so he can get a 2nd term)

quote:

All you have to say is this....”out of 24 YEARS, Republicans have only had 8 YEARS....you Democrats have had 16....it’s ONLY FAIR that it’s our turn”. FAIRNESS...stress FAIRNESS!

60 posted on 11/24/2016, 2:58:09 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I'm really weirded out by Freep's constant use of "presstitute".

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

NachtSieger posted:

I'm really weirded out by Freep's constant use of "presstitute".

That one and enemedia. Every time I read it my brain autocorrects it to enema.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Before I continue with this next thread, I want to remind you of some very important things.

First, despite how much we poo poo on freepers, they are still human beings and deserve to be treated as such.

Second, despite what I just said, freepers voted for an orange narcissist that surrounds himself with yesmen that whisper horrifying ideas to him. He campaigned on a platform built out of xenophobic nationalism that catered almost exclusively to white people unable to come to grips with their eventual status as a minority. His policies and his supporters may lead to me and my family being persecuted and discriminated against, with no realistic legal recourse. His positions on healthcare will bankrupt and probably even kill members of my family. And me.

So I say gently caress these pieces of poo poo and every single toxic element of society that they represent.

From A Thanksgiving Alone, But Not Alone, a vanity thread posted by freeper dirtboy.

the OP posted:

Normally I would go to my only relative I talk to in the area, my cousin, but he's down in Williamsburg on vacation. So I am home alone, made a modest Thanksgiving dinner with a New Braunsfels smoked chicken (yum!), mashed potatoes, dressing and peas. I had a co-worker invite me over to his house if I wanted to, but I politely declined - I like the guy, he is a fellow Trump supporter in my department. But I am really not alone. I have all my FReeper buds keeping me company this holiday. And for that I give thanks.

quote:

To: dirtboy

Bless your heart. I know what it is like. My family, my son is gone this Thanksgiving. But it’s OK. I really miss him but he is doing something important.

3 posted on 11/24/2016, 4:15:33 PM by lafroste (Look at my profile page. Thanks.)

quote:

From one loner to another, right back at ya, Happy Thanksgiving!

5 posted on 11/24/2016, 4:17:14 PM by crosdaddy

quote:

Happy Thanksgiving, dirtboy. Agree, it’s hard to participate in someone else’s holiday traditions and not feel a bit like a fifth wheel.

I also am soloing on this day, and there is much for which to be thankful in solitude and reflection. For me, that includes remembering with a smile and a dose of wistfulness my late parents and other family & friends who have gone before. I imagine Thanksgiving is celebrated in Heaven, and they all are together and enjoying each others’ company, even through the inevitable squabbles and skirmishes.

God bless you.

16 posted on 11/24/2016, 4:25:19 PM by nickedknack

quote:

I exchanged texts with family....
Just laid low....

20 posted on 11/24/2016, 4:28:10 PM by Osage Orange (Cover up after cover up...OUR GOVERNMENT is OUT OF CONTROL)

quote:

In everyone’s life there is the possibility of having to spend Thanksgiving alone.

I’ll keep your upbeat attitude in mind when it happens to me.

22 posted on 11/24/2016, 4:28:52 PM by CaptainK (...please make it stop. Shake a can of pennies at it.)

quote:

To: TChad

I just tell any such libs I encounter to please, don’t change. Drives them nutz.

24 posted on 11/24/2016, 4:29:53 PM by dirtboy

quote:

Circumstances put me in the same boat as you, db.

Happy Thanksgiving.

25 posted on 11/24/2016, 4:30:36 PM by AFreeBird (BEST. ELECTION. EVER!)

quote:

To: madison10

And to you! Giving thanks that I don’t have to spend the next 4-8 years protesting another Clinton presidency. As well as the incredible further damage that would have caused to this country.

33 posted on 11/24/2016, 4:35:55 PM by dirtboy

quote:

Ya know, I was alone too, but I had a frozen turkey dinner and the doggies had their share. I was terrified about being alone for the first time on Thanksgiving, as the kids are grown and live in other states. But I will say it was peaceful and quite. Thanks to the whole Freeper crowd as I had some good chats with you guys today. God bless everyone.

45 posted on 11/24/2016, 4:42:31 PM by Jimmy The Snake

quote:

To: dirtboy; All

and best of all we have the Trump presidency to look forward too!!! Makes the holidays that much more enjoyable!! (imagine the opposite)

52 posted on 11/24/2016, 4:49:17 PM by God luvs America (63.5 million pay no income tax and vote for DemoKrats...)

quote:

I am old. This is the greatest Thanksgiving of my life. Praise Jesus for Donald John Trump, President of the United States of America!!

72 posted on 11/24/2016, 5:02:37 PM by WENDLE (Sanctuary cities are OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE!! That is a FELONY!! Ask Nixon!!)

quote:

I had a one of those the year I got divorced. Not near as bad as Christmas morning alone at the Waffle House.

134 posted on 11/24/2016, 8:41:08 PM by Rebelbase (Please consider donating to the emotional-support porcupine program for college safe spaces.)

quote:

Happy Thanksgiving.

I remember when I was a young divorced mom, someone on CompuServe conservative town hall told me to check this place out. I don’t remember how long I lurked before I joined. I think I’ve been here about 17 years too. You can never be alone here.

138 posted on 11/24/2016, 11:04:37 PM by Yaelle

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
We thought a Trump victory would cause a drought but it's nice to be able to have reliable fields of freeper tears to harvest :unsmith:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It provides some comfort before the beginning of the fourth reich.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Ah, finally. Here's the hate I needed today.

From Anyone Else Attend Family Thanksgiving Dinner Where Told to Keep All Prayers to Oneself?, a vanity thread posted by freeper jobim

the OP posted:

First time for me at a family gathering where the host
(Liberal), as we were standing ready to eat, at the time
when always somebody would suggest someone lead a prayer, said:
"Each person please say your own thanks or prayer if you choose to yourself."

Anybody else? Is this Trump backlash?

quote:

To: jobim

Nope. Then again, no libs in my family.

2 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:28:59 PM by mrmeyer (You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him. Robert Heinlein)

quote:

Give thanks I am not in that family.
My guess is yeah sounds like Trump backlash or whatever but it kinda defeats the whole purpose of “THANKSGIVING” don’t it? Be blessed anyways...maybe this was just your familes Ebenezer Scrooge.You notice you dont see Ebenezer and Hillary at the same functions...just saying...

3 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:30:06 PM by lexington minuteman 1775

quote:

That would cause me to do a litany Out Loud!

5 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:31:07 PM by LYDIAONTARIO

Sure you would.

quote:

I would have just left.

6 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:31:24 PM by FlingWingFlyer (A proud, irredeemable deplorable of the Trump Revolution.)

quote:

Isn’t that cranky? We did take a friend to our family gathering who had been UNinvited because she did a write-in. She did not even vote for Trump. We didn’t talk politics because WE WON.

7 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:31:41 PM by bboop (does not suffer fools gladly)

quote:

No for me too. I just don’t have any friends, family or others that I would eat with that are liberals. None. If I did I couldn’t be in a room with them.

8 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:31:53 PM by sfl109415

quote:

Sounds like the host at your family gathering needs prayer. I hope she or he is not in a position to influence any young people. Putting personal circumstances above God is not good.

12 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:33:43 PM by Maudeen (No one on this earth is too far gone for Jesus.)

quote:

Sir, I can’t even imagine such an insult! I enjoyed a wonderful meal only after an inspiring prayer and reading of the First Thanksgiving Proclamation!

I would have set my plate down, pushed my chair back, got up and departed. I won’t have everything I believe in mocked just to keep family peace. I couldn’t abide by those rules!

I’m sorry your day was marred by this incident!

14 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:36:49 PM by Gunner TLW

quote:

Thank God I’ve never been to one of those prayerless thanksgivings.

15 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:38:19 PM by umgud (ban all infidelaphobics)

quote:

Even I’m not degenerate enough to break bread with a leftist.

20 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:41:52 PM by Go No

quote:

Nope. And I wouldn’t eat with anyone who said that. Honey, grab your coat.

24 posted on 11/24/2016, 7:48:42 PM by Salvavida (The restoration of the U.S.A. starts with filling the pews at every Bible-believing church.)

quote:

“Anyone Else Attend Family Thanksgiving Dinner Where Told to Keep All Prayers to Oneself?”

Just say in a firm and audible voice, “I REBUKE YOU SATAN.’

29 posted on 11/24/2016, 8:14:36 PM by jeffersondem

[citation needed]

quote:

THE SCENE WOULD NOT HAVE BEN PLEASANT HAD I BEEN THERE...I am onf of the oldest in our combined families and I NEVER pull punches. I am well respected and popular with just about everybody....but that would never have flown with me.....

31 posted on 11/24/2016, 8:24:47 PM by terycarl (COMMON SENSE PREVAILS OVERALL!!!!)

quote:

Next year, have Thanksgiving at your house and don’t invite the liberal.

38 posted on 11/24/2016, 9:02:14 PM by bgill (From the CDC site, "We don't know how people are infected with Ebola")

quote:

I dined with my Mormon niece and her family and friends. Prayers were offered and not just mumbled.

My niece mentioned her father’s sister, a union lawyer in Washington DC, that was going berzerk when GWB was president and we just realized she and her “bride” were going to have another round of insanity with Trump as president and we both grinned at the thought.

This was the woman who stopped buying Christmas presents for several years and blamed it on the horrors of the Bush presidency even though she makes over $100k/yr in her cushy labor union job.

I hate for anyone to feel tortured but this woman’s suffering almost always coincides with good news for the country. How she must have suffered Election Night to see the partial-birth abortion of the first woman president!!

HA! Delicious.

44 posted on 11/24/2016, 9:19:23 PM by OrangeHoof (Get used to it - President Donald J. Trump)

Freep opinions: "we all do this differently so let's each do our own thing here" means "I can't tolerate your views and I expect you to conform with mine"

quote:

Nope. At my house, everybody held hands while someone led the prayer. I agree with others here who said they would have left. Your host basically farted in the faces of everybody who didn't agree with him. Typical lib who cannot tolerate other views and expects everyone to conform to his. I would not break bread with a guy like that.

The only alternative to leaving would have been to pray loudly while ending the prayer with "and God bless President-elect Trump."

49 posted on 11/24/2016, 10:09:07 PM by Sans-Culotte (Time to get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US!)

quote:

We always keep our prayers to our self. Is there something I’m missing here?

51 posted on 11/24/2016, 10:30:07 PM by gunsequalfreedom
Seriously though, do they even read their own loving holy book?

The Book of Matthew, Chapter 6, New International Version translation posted:

1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

quote:

I didn’t raise my family to stifle the word of God, or to forbid worship of him. The entire point of Thanks Giving IS to thank GOD for his provision. Too bad it’s only once a year...it should be daily.

I wouldn’t visit where God isn’t welcomed. Sometimes one must let the dead bury the dead.

54 posted on 11/24/2016, 11:12:59 PM by PrairieLady2

quote:

If that happened, I would never return to that home. Whether I left immediately would depend on a lot of factors, but I would not be put into that situation again.

57 posted on 11/25/2016, 3:14:54 AM by Pollster1 ("Governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed")

quote:

I’d simply take that as an open invitation for any or all to offer thanksgiving verbally and moderately for any or all to hear, then expect others to do the same- it’s called collective prayer! If the host or others got offended, I’d do what the Apostles did- shake the dust from shoes as I departed the premises. After all, the gathering was one of “thanksgiving, so offering thanks to the Creator God Almighty would certainly be appropriate....

Yeah, I have not been re-invited a few times....

60 posted on 11/25/2016, 4:23:47 AM by Manly Warrior (US ARMY (Ret), "No Free Lunches for the Dogs of War")

quote:

LIBTARD FREAK SHOW CONTINUES....

oh so PC.... vomit

62 posted on 11/25/2016, 6:48:38 AM by zzwhale

quote:

Did you lead a prayer anyway?

If not, did you leave?

If not, what kind of “person of faith” are you?

63 posted on 11/25/2016, 6:55:28 AM by faucetman (Just the facts, ma'am, Just the facts)

lovely. The answer is that you're a lovely person of faith.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Hell, at my family dinners we just put out a bunch of food buffet style and people help themselves while catching up and conversing. Freepers Thanksgivings sound uptight and uncomfortable.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

We say grace at my family holiday dinners, but I'm largely exempted from being the one to lead, since I feel that having the one nonreligious person at the table lead the rest in prayer is probably considered sacrilege in some holy book somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Cuba's Fidel Castro dies aged 90 posted by JimRob

quote:

To: Jim Robinson

It’s like the world just got tired of losing on November 8th and started winning.

3 posted on 11/25/2016, 9:32:05 PM by FreedomStar3028 (Somebody has to step forward and do what is right because it is right, otherwise no one will follow.)

Freep opinions: George Soros is at least as bad as Fidel Castro

quote:

Did Soros die with him? I can Dream....

4 posted on 11/25/2016, 9:32:11 PM by foundedonpurpose

quote:

Democrats, progressive’s deeply saddened...

9 posted on 11/25/2016, 9:32:42 PM by Axenolith (Government blows, and that which governs least, blows least...)

Ahahahahaha oh wow, haven't seen this one outside of Conservapedia

quote:

This just in

Generalissimo Fidel Castro is still dead.

12 posted on 11/25/2016, 9:33:47 PM by Professional Engineer (I'll go with a 40 or 45. That 44 is for wimps.)

quote:

To: Professional Engineer

Moment of silence, all NFL games Sunday

19 posted on 11/25/2016, 9:36:33 PM by Swanks

quote:

Jim,

Castro’s death!

President Trump’s first foreign policy victory!

25 posted on 11/25/2016, 9:38:05 PM by Strac6 (Sig Sauer, Pilatus, Mrs. Strac... all the fun things in my life are Swiss)

Wait hold on here, is there some right wing nuttery saying all three are together in something, or is it just LIBURLS == COMMIES?

quote:

Will there be a call for a RECOUNT???
Obama and Soros just lost a best friend.

35 posted on 11/25/2016, 9:40:18 PM by EagleUSA

That tagline though

quote:

To: sargon

I feel almost nothing, no elation over the death of that wretched human being; but perhaps some relief, and wistfulness over all the lost years for that beautiful island country.
TS, born Havana, 1950

40 posted on 11/25/2016, 9:42:28 PM by Bill W was a conservative (If I'm not on a watch list, someone isn't doing her job.)

Good lord, they'll believe anything

quote:

To: sargon

Now his gay brother takes over

77 posted on 11/25/2016, 9:55:26 PM by PGR88

quote:

To: proust

The fall of communism.

Everywhere except the RAT party in the USA. We have all those blue state voters literally too stupid to realize communism doesn't work.

What would we expect from the fools from the 60s who resurrected astrology as a legitimate activity?

101 posted on 11/25/2016, 10:07:28 PM by LouAvul (The most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.)

quote:

Barack Hussein leaving power in under two months, Hillary losing her final election, and now Fidel is dead - not a good year for communists.

126 posted on 11/25/2016, 10:28:06 PM by Pollster1 ("Governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed")

Yeah, the fun taglines are out tonight.

quote:

I don’t drink alcohol often, but I think it’s time for a toast.

127 posted on 11/25/2016, 10:29:40 PM by Windcatcher (Obama is a COMMUNIST and the MSM is his armband-wearing propaganda machine.)