Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

I mean I'm a straight guy, but... :blush:

On a more serious (and hopefully less creepy) note, why don't they use the holomatter stuff for when the Transformers need to do human things? Sure, we can have a naive human asking about Cybertronian things to explain stuff to the audience, but if we need Optimus going to the bank or something, just use humaniforms instead.

Well, one, Optimus doesn't need to go to the bank. Two, they don't need to use human-sized services for most things. Three, they did do that once or twice, including a group hanging out at an alien bar in holomatter form until finding out they could just bring in their robot forms. Four, it's apparently energy intensive.

Generally, it was pushed to the side when the series moved off Earth and being robots in disguise stopped being a big thing. There have been some interesting uses of the concept since then, however, for things you wouldn't expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Episode 4 - Youtube | Polsy

New characters and Teletraan logs added to their respective sections

What we don't really talk about in the episode is that man, those Proudstar logs are a little dire aren't they?

The "prophecies" for each character will be posted in a round-up video after Chapter 3. Because I know you guys wouldn't want to wait for Chapter 3 any longer than necessary.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Man, I really hope the next game has Kup so I can run over these Insecticons goofy faces

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hey no entries on Soundwave, Ravage and Laserbeak.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Optimus has some great lines in this game. Perfectly sassy and harkening back to the animated series. Something I dislike with... say Prime or the Bayformer films, Optimus has like zilch of his personality beyond "Commander" when he should be "Commander Dad"

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Looks like when you were talking about making kemsset you forgot that Starscream is a scientist. And its a bit of a shame that you didn't show off a bit more of the Soundwave fight.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

grandalt posted:

Looks like when you were talking about making kemsset you forgot that Starscream is a scientist. And its a bit of a shame that you didn't show off a bit more of the Soundwave fight.

Soundwave shows up a few more times

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
Like they had to tell YOU guys how dangerous plasma energy is!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I haven't noticed it yet in the videos, but do any of the weapons make the standard 80's laser noise?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

IronSaber posted:

I haven't noticed it yet in the videos, but do any of the weapons make the standard 80's laser noise?

My laser tag instincts flared for a moment.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

On the whole "what thing would you like to get the Platinum treatment" topic,my 3 big picks are Jojo's Bizzare Adventure,Green Lantern,and G Gundam. I think Platinum could make kickass character action games outta those.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hey no entries on Soundwave, Ravage and Laserbeak.

Many thanks, and since fixed. Something was nagging at me about what I'd missed.

grandalt posted:

I hadn't exactly forgotten, but let's consider for a moment that Starscream is an eternal gently caress-up. As someone else said, there will be more Soundwave later so don't worry.

Onmi posted:

Optimus has some great lines in this game. Perfectly sassy and harkening back to the animated series. Something I dislike with... say Prime or the Bayformer films, Optimus has like zilch of his personality beyond "Commander" when he should be "Commander Dad"

Lest we forget that one time he learned how to play basketball, played basketball on a Transformer-sized court built just outside the Ark, and continually got the names of what he was doing wrong so that Spike had to correct him. Commander Dad is the perfect descriptor there.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

VolticSurge posted:

On the whole "what thing would you like to get the Platinum treatment" topic,my 3 big picks are Jojo's Bizzare Adventure,Green Lantern,and G Gundam. I think Platinum could make kickass character action games outta those.

If it isn't the fear powered leader of the infamous yellow lantern corps, former green lantern of space sector 1417, Sinestro!

Also, Steam's Black Friday stale has this game 75% off right now.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 24, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Section Z posted:

If it isn't the fear powered leader of the infamous yellow lantern corps, former green lantern of space sector 1417, Sinestro!

Yeah,I noticed that Wonderful 101 has a few similarities,but one thing Green Lantern has in its favor is no annoying kids who basically commit warcrimes. But it does have Guy Gardner,so it evens out.
As for G Gundam,I picture it either being a series of boss battles,like Furi,or fighting hordes of Death Army mooks and occasionally fighting a boss,which would always be some kinda Gundam. Jojo is self-explanatory.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
To be honest with this game it's the best Platinum could do for me... Not sure what else they could do.

Maybe Samurai Jack? :shrug:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I wouldn't mind if Platinum got to take a crack at some Star Wars properties. Lightsabers + Zandatsu? Yes please!

Couldn't be any worse than what The Force Unleashed did.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Yeah,I noticed that Wonderful 101 has a few similarities,but one thing Green Lantern has in its favor is no annoying kids who basically commit warcrimes. But it does have Guy Gardner,so it evens out.

I'm confused. You said "Evens out", but then you said two good things about the Green Lanterns.

Perhaps you meant Hal Jordan, the worst Green Lantern, instead of Guy, who is the best?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

VolticSurge posted:

I'm gonna go turbonerd and say 40K; their gameplay would be perfect for Death Cult (or even Eversor) Assassins, Space Marines etc.

DoctorChowder
Sep 17, 2016
I'd give Mad Max the Platinum Treatment™ just to see what would happen

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Platinum could make a Dora the Explorer game, I'd still buy it.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
So does this include Vanquish style games or what.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

What about '80s nostalgia - Gummi Bears by Platinum.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
There are several comic book that I can Imagine Platnum doing that would be pretty cool,Green Lantern as mentioned, Wonder Woman, X-Men or just Wolverine, The Flash, The Fantastic Four.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Let's just have Platinum do another game about super fighting robots. Mega Man X: Revengeance.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

David D. Davidson posted:

There are several comic book that I can Imagine Platnum doing that would be pretty cool,Green Lantern as mentioned, Wonder Woman, X-Men or just Wolverine, The Flash, The Fantastic Four.

Deadpool could also work. At least it would have a more satisfying final boss than the last game he was in. (Literal clones? Really?) I'd personally kill for a Squirrel Girl Game,myself.

I would also love a G.I. Joe game,maybe done in a similar style to this game-AKA a goofy-rear end episode of the 80's cartoon,not the edgy bullshit in the comics and more modern versions of the series. *cough*Renagades*cough*
Also,my idiot roomate keeps suggesting He-Man, which...actually,you could probably make a fun Platinum game outta that.

chiasaur11 posted:

Perhaps you meant Hal Jordan, the worst Green Lantern, instead of Guy, who is the best?

Hal is boring as sin,which I suppose is worse than being a Goon rear end in a top hat like Gardner,who is at least entertaining.

CommissarMega posted:

I'm gonna go turbonerd and say 40K; their gameplay would be perfect for Death Cult (or even Eversor) Assassins, Space Marines etc.
I would love a Karn the Betrayer game. I mean,guy's got a built-in kill counter in his helmet for gently caress's sake. Obviously, the player would fight against those stuck-up Ultrapricks,and maybe have a Grey Knight captain as the recurring boss/rival. Or something set in the Horus Heresy could also work. I can picture Platinum doing a better job with that than most of the novels (most of which are apparently trash).

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Undertale remake.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Afriscipio posted:

What about '80s nostalgia - Gummi Bears by Platinum.

Dashing and daring, courageous and caring,
With, like, fifty combos on Gummiberry juice!

Yeah, Platinum would do well with a lot of those old school cartoons. I mean, imagine Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, but all Platinum'd up... Or C.O.P.S (Dibs on B.P.Vess if that happens, though!)

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

I'd like to see a One Piece game by Platinum. I'm interested in how they would utilize the weird powers of the cast.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Whammiewazzle posted:

I'd like to see a One Piece game by Platinum. I'm interested in how they would utilize the weird powers of the cast.

I would not be able to play that, because then my friends on steam would know that i read mangas for children. It would still make for an enjoyable game, though.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

VolticSurge posted:

Deadpool could also work. At least it would have a more satisfying final boss than the last game he was in. (Literal clones? Really?) I'd personally kill for a Squirrel Girl Game,myself.

Squirrel Girl? Now there's another game where they could refine and/or revisit the Pikmin-like gameplay in after Wonderful 101.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Dinictus posted:

Squirrel Girl? Now there's another game where they could refine and/or revisit the Pikmin-like gameplay in after Wonderful 101.

Or literal Pikmin.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Veloxyll posted:

Or literal Pikmin.

I suppose you can only differentiate squirrels so much.

Platinum's take on Pikmin though...

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, last dumb Platinum game ideas from me - more serious style - Conan the Barbarian, more comedic style - Samurai Pizza Cats.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

We already have Dynasty Warriors Gundam.

I want to see them get their hands on the Disgaea franchise to be honest, I feel that could be some insane fun.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I want their take on a DDR like game, see how many horrible injuries you can cause. But to be serious... To take an IP from another developer, it'd have to be Bulletstorm. Just use Vanquish's gameplay for it. For a non-video game property....well Spider-Man to be bland. Spider-Man already seems to fit most of Platinum's character action gameplay already. Hell, you could probably fit Japanese Spider-Man With A Gun for laughs.

For Funsies, let's have a Doctor Doom video game for once. The ridiculous amount of silly poo poo from Doom could be worthwhile.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I don't know if someone's brought this up already, but hammers aren't the only weapons that can break shields with a charge attack. Any weapon can! I find zooming around in vehicle mode in the middle of combat kind of disorienting, so my preferred shield-break method is fighting other enemies until I get a Focus dodge and then slamming the shield jerks during the slowdown.

Regarding what IPs Platinum should have, they're already making a Nier sequel. I don't have it in me to ask for any other miracles.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011

JamieTheD posted:

Yeah, Platinum would do well with a lot of those old school cartoons. I mean, imagine Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, but all Platinum'd up... Or C.O.P.S (Dibs on B.P.Vess if that happens, though!)

"Visionaries, Knights of the Magical Light" would be my request, then.

Okay, "Thundarr the Barbarian'", too.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

InfinityComplex posted:

I want their take on a DDR like game, see how many horrible injuries you can cause. But to be serious... To take an IP from another developer, it'd have to be Bulletstorm. Just use Vanquish's gameplay for it. For a non-video game property....well Spider-Man to be bland. Spider-Man already seems to fit most of Platinum's character action gameplay already. Hell, you could probably fit Japanese Spider-Man With A Gun for laughs.

For Funsies, let's have a Doctor Doom video game for once. The ridiculous amount of silly poo poo from Doom could be worthwhile.

Well, I never wanted a Japanese Spiderman game more than I do now :v:

Noper Q posted:

I don't know if someone's brought this up already, but hammers aren't the only weapons that can break shields with a charge attack. Any weapon can! I find zooming around in vehicle mode in the middle of combat kind of disorienting, so my preferred shield-break method is fighting other enemies until I get a Focus dodge and then slamming the shield jerks during the slowdown.

Regarding what IPs Platinum should have, they're already making a Nier sequel. I don't have it in me to ask for any other miracles.

I'm fond of the burn out move, just for the concept. "Eh, I'm too lazy to drive around to build up speed. I'm just going to sit here THEN ram you!"

As for weapons in vehicle mode, missiles have lock on, whoo! Though they are slow as gently caress so yeah, driving donuts around an area popping off missiles until all the seekers are gone works, but it would honestly be faster to shoot them properly.

Basic Machineguns are my favorite gun regardless of any efficiency comparisons, just because more ammo means I can shoot things more often just because I want to :buddy:

It's a shame that elements turn machineguns into short range flamethrowers. We all saw just how well that turned out for Sideswipe.

Quiet Python posted:

Okay, "Thundarr the Barbarian'", too.
:allears:

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.

VolticSurge posted:

I would love a Karn the Betrayer game. I mean,guy's got a built-in kill counter in his helmet for gently caress's sake. Obviously, the player would fight against those stuck-up Ultrapricks,and maybe have a Grey Knight captain as the recurring boss/rival. Or something set in the Horus Heresy could also work. I can picture Platinum doing a better job with that than most of the novels (most of which are apparently trash).

Kharne might be a bloodthirsty team-slaughtering psychopath, but he's a hell of a guy to hang out with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Okay, last dumb Platinum game ideas from me - more serious style - Conan the Barbarian, more comedic style - Samurai Pizza Cats.

dude

yes

• Locked thread