Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

vyst posted:

Have we talked about how Jimbo Fisher got extended an offer from LSU? lol

Officially or more back channel negotiations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Silly Burrito posted:

Officially or more back channel negotiations?

Some say he was offered 8 million

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I really gotta send Jimmy Sexton my resume

Even if he's not hiring maybe he'll con my boss into doubling my salary on a lark

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

pillsburysoldier posted:

I saw that posted on an Auburn board, but it has to be wrong. It would make him the highest paid coach in the SEC by a large margin.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
We shitcanned the D-line coach before we fired DeMontie Cross. Not saying he didn't deserve to be canned but holy poo poo Mizzou, priorities much?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pillsburysoldier posted:

Crazy if true.

I know the whole "football is self funded" argument, but it would be nice if the boosters put the same amount of money into the school itself as they do the football program.

Silly talk, I know.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hope he takes it because that means Alabama has to give Saban a raise per his contract. Not that it matters

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Silly Burrito posted:

Crazy if true.

I know the whole "football is self funded" argument, but it would be nice if the boosters put the same amount of money into the school itself as they do the football program.

Silly talk, I know.

I kinda doubt it fwiw

Les and co have pretty big buyouts

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pillsburysoldier posted:

I kinda doubt it fwiw

Les and co have pretty big buyouts

Louisiana takes its football seriously.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:
Wasn't LSU just threatening to shut down the football program because they were poor? How did we make it here so quickly?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Leaf Lock posted:

Wasn't LSU just threatening to shut down the football program because they were poor? How did we make it here so quickly?

Election is over man.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Anything is possible, but I find it hard to believe Fisher would move to LSU from FSU.

When was the last time a coach voluntarily moved laterally from one A-list job to another? Dennis Franchione from Alabama to Texas A&M? Lane Kiffin going from Tennessee to USC was an upgrade, so I don't count that. Urban Meyer took a year off. Mark Richt was fired.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
The Big Ten is a joke, which is why I'm so loving sad right now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Leaf Lock posted:

The new governor said that mostly to scare people about the seriousness of the budget shortfall Jindal
left him with because a sizable portion of the state doesn't care about LSU the educational institution but cares deeply about LSU the football program and doesn't seem to realize that you can't have the second without the first.

It was never a serious threat though and this costs the school nothing because the boosters are footing the bill.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

Anything is possible, but I find it hard to believe Fisher would move to LSU from FSU.

When was the last time a coach voluntarily moved laterally from one A-list job to another? Dennis Franchione from Alabama to Texas A&M? Lane Kiffin going from Tennessee to USC was an upgrade, so I don't count that. Urban Meyer took a year off. Mark Richt was fired.

Florida State isn't an A list job though, it's B+ at best

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

vyst posted:

Eh It's A-.

It's not an A+ job.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Jimbo's going to get a raise at FSU and that's that. Haven't we all lived through this scenario enough times to not get fooled?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Jimbo is a good coach but I dunno that any program should shell out eight mil for him.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
LSU has to save face, they can't fire someone who's had a tenure as successful as Miles and then end up standing with their dick in their hand. If all they end up with after all this theater is like, Larry Fedora, they're going to look like a bunch of goddam retards.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 24, 2016

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

an adult beverage posted:

Jimbo is a good coach but I dunno that any program should shell out eight mil for him.

Not only does he not deserve that level of adulation from LSU, he would be dumb to make that move.

I hate FSU, but its a fine job with pretty fantastic history and recruiting advantages--and he isn't opposite the greatest coach in CFB history either.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

General Dog posted:

LSU has to save face, they can't fire someone who's had a tenure as successful as Miles and then end up standing with their dick in their hand. If all they end up with after all this theater is like, Larry Fedora, they're going to look like a bunch of goddam retards.

Their AD is also trying to save his own job, so desperation has to be factored in. The candidate must have a wonderful track record of QBs and offensive output

Which can only mean Mike Leach with Charlie Strong as DC

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 24, 2016

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

vyst posted:

This seems excessively picky. FSU has enough that you go there and make it an A+ job.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this team that won a national championship 3 years ago? idk sounds kind of mid-tier to me

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Silly Burrito posted:

Crazy if true.

Silly talk, I know.

Football keeps me entertained for a whole Saturday every week for 3 months out of the year. What did "school" ever do for me? :colbert:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kim Jong Il posted:

Go back to playing the Pat League

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

an adult beverage posted:

I also dunno that anyone pulling in top 5 recruiting classes with a national title to his name in a state with no income tax has any reason to change employers.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Eh It's A-.

It's not an A+ job.

How do you figure? It has to be one of the top 5-10 jobs in the country. It's in a recruiting hotbed, with a great history and a conference that generally only has 1-2 teams that can compete on their level.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sab0921 posted:

How do you figure? It has to be one of the top 5-10 jobs in the country. It's in a recruiting hotbed, with a great history and a conference that generally only has 1-2 teams that can compete on their level.

But you have to live in Florida which is basically an F-

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

That Works posted:

But you have to live in Florida which is basically an F-

Tallahassee's a pretty cool town actually. There's a ton of local history, community efforts for small-scale farming, a bunch of underground art exhibits, excluding country, a decent music scene, generally pretty liberal, a waffle house AND a whataburger....

Anyway I enjoyed it

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 24, 2016

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Are you saying that the country music scene there is bad or was that a "I like all kinds of music EXCEPT COUNTRY :colbert:" post?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

pillsburysoldier posted:

Tallahassee's a pretty cool town actually. There's a ton of local history, community efforts for small-scale farming, a bunch of underground art exhibits, excluding country, a decent music scene, generally pretty liberal, a waffle house AND a whataburger....

Anyway I enjoyed it

All these things are like at the top of the lists for high schoolers when considering a place to live

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Kim Jong Il posted:

No, just Rutgers

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

pillsburysoldier posted:

Anyway I enjoyed it

It's amazing when I go back to Tally (like on Saturday to watch us whip those jorts-wearing Natural-Light-drinking cousin-loving swamp rats from Gainesville) how much has been done to improve and beautify the city. I graduated in '99 and the difference between now and then all across the place is night and day.

To make this somewhat on topic, I've seen no evidence that Jimbo is a total loving moron, and I think you'd have to be a total loving moron to jump from a top 5 job where you have a monstrously effective recruiting advantage and your team is a legit contender next year to a God-awful trash fire with everyone on the team graduating this year that also requires you to move to the most polluted state in the Union where you can and will lose your job for averaging 11 wins a year. That's just me, though!

Oh yeah you also have to beat the greatest coach in the history of the game who every single year fields one of the greatest teams in the history of the game to even get to sniff the playoff.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Tigerdroppings is swinging wildly between Herman and Fisher as sure locks. It is frankly amazing how many people have inside sources.

Speaking of that, Saban back to LSU, Tuberville to Bama, Lou Holtz to Texas. I heard it from a trusted source.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

swickles posted:

All these things are like at the top of the lists for high schoolers when considering a place to live

Rent is like $400/month too

It owned hard

JonathonSpectre posted:

It's amazing when I go back to Tally (like on Saturday to watch us whip those jorts-wearing Natural-Light-drinking cousin-loving swamp rats from Gainesville) how much has been done to improve and beautify the city. I graduated in '99 and the difference between now and then all across the place is night and day.

I kinda don't like a lot of the development. The new student housing apartments replacing campus circle are especially egregious to me, since I had a loooooooot of fun in those houses.

quote:

To make this somewhat on topic, I've seen no evidence that Jimbo is a total loving moron, and I think you'd have to be a total loving moron to jump from a top 5 job where you have a monstrously effective recruiting advantage and your team is a legit contender next year to a God-awful trash fire with everyone on the team graduating this year that also requires you to move to the most polluted state in the Union where you can and will lose your job for averaging 11 wins a year. That's just me, though!

Oh yeah you also have to beat the greatest coach in the history of the game who every single year fields one of the greatest teams in the history of the game to even get to sniff the playoff.

I think he stays, but I really have very little idea.

LSU's roster going forward is a lot less attractive than their current upperclassmen and our's is pretty great except for LBs.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tallahassee is like maybe number 10 on the list of cities in Florida worth living in

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

vyst posted:

Tallahassee is like maybe number 10 on the list of cities in Florida worth living in

I would stop to refuel there and grab food on the way back to Gainesville. Was okay, except for the time that my trip there coincided with the Florida A&M homecoming and the gas station parking lot seem to be full of people hanging around to show off tricked out cars and shout / fight. Maybe I just had an unlucky experience.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FAMU homecoming rules when you're a student AND not a dweeb

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

pillsburysoldier posted:

Anyway I enjoyed it

Anywhere is good to live if you let it be (except Oklahoma, gently caress Oklahoma ). I just like giving fellow southerners poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

Go back to playing the Pat League

they'd probably lose by 20 to Lehigh

• Locked thread