Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I keep thinking Moon!Lycanrock is Rock/Dark. "What the? Why is Psychic hittin-oh, yeah..."

Also, it sucks that you can only get Premier Balls by buying baseline balls. Oh, and they only give you one even if you buy more than 10 balls. Fuckin scammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Pentaro posted:

I keep thinking Moon!Lycanrock is Rock/Dark. "What the? Why is Psychic hittin-oh, yeah..."

Also, it sucks that you can only get Premier Balls by buying baseline balls. Oh, and they only give you one even if you buy more than 10 balls. Fuckin scammers.

In the thrifty mart on island 2 pokeballs are half price, but still sell for full price. So you can keep buying 10 then selling 10 to get as many premier balls as you want at the cost of your time

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The best part of going with Litten at the start?

Incineroar isn't afraid to get his hands dirty.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I think nobody would complain if gamefreak quietly and permanently removed wingull, tentacool and zubat permanently from future games

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

someone awful. posted:

the slogan hasn't been "gotta catch 'em all" for ages and all my pokemon are happy and relaxed hanging out in the poképelago Thank You Very Much :colbert:

Wrong, they brought it back as a slogan in gen VI.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I think nobody would complain if gamefreak quietly and permanently removed wingull, tentacool and zubat permanently from future games

If it doesn't have caves full of Zubats it's not a pokemon game.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Calaveron posted:

No, Crobat is my friend.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So yesterday I got a Shiny Pichu completely by accident while trying to call out a Pikachu in an SOS Battle so I wouldn't have to bother with the Happiness evolution. I named it "Conflicted" cause that's how I feel.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
decided to try the vast poni canyon before bed and oh my god this thing never loving ends

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
This Tauros run thing really trivializes breeding in a great way. After about 45 minutes I bred enough Rowlets to get both Popplio and Litten off the GTS :toot:

What's the easiest way to trade with someone on my 3DS friend's list? Only people I see on my Link Trade option are the randos who wander into my festival thing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is it really going to take like 50 berries to reset my main story Pokémon friends EVs and get them ~properly EV'd~ each? :(

It's such a backwards thing. These Pokémon have been with me since I started the game, they shouldn't be inferior because they've fought all kinds of stuff. That should make them better, not worse! The idea that killing 200 Yungoos is the "right" way to train a Pokémon is... dumb.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Game is full of neat little funny things, tagging them because they were neat to find myself , there's a kid in some pokemon center that tells you he just got a Mewtwo off Wonder Trade. Also there's a celebrity Pikachu on vacation, and two ladies perving on a Machamp who turns out to be a guy in a suit trying to scam them. Also a Hypno that is a man in a suit.

Just reached the third island, I got sidetracked again. I love all the terrible pun names of the Pokepelago islands. And the ridiculous animations on Z-Moves. And Nebby. :3:

Also I saw that Ditto is in the next area so that's gonna put a halt on the adventure again.

I wish there was a bit more explanation of the call for help thing in game though. Took me ages to find a Mareanie or whatever and then I looked it up. That;s a really neat method and I wish I worked it out myself. It seems pretty cool though so I put it on the team. For now it is Incineroar, Wimpod Evo, Marowak, Mudsdale, Mareanie, Stufful. It has changed many times.

Finally, gently caress the fishing. It'd be fine if there were fewer god drat magikarps everyfuckingwhere and you didn't have to concentrate. I guess enter an area until the spot you want is ripply, save and then reset until it gives you what it you want is the only good way really?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Your Computer posted:

Is it really going to take like 50 berries to reset my main story Pokémon friends EVs and get them ~properly EV'd~ each? :(

It's such a backwards thing. These Pokémon have been with me since I started the game, they shouldn't be inferior because they've fought all kinds of stuff. That should make them better, not worse! The idea that killing 200 Yungoos is the "right" way to train a Pokémon is... dumb.

It is dumb, which is why I never bother with that stupid poo poo, I play with the Pokes I like and if the min/maxers cry over it, then good.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Best new feature 2016: When you spin around your character starts doing pirouettes and then fist pumps the air when you stop :3:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Your Computer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTg_K4sT9Jg

This youtube guy is kind of a doofus, but he knows his pokemon.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Your Computer posted:

You can just breed new playthrough mons if you want an easier method. My actual playthrough mons are all relaxing at the Poke Pelago hot springs. :v:

Your Computer posted:

The idea that killing 200 Yungoos is the "right" way to train a Pokémon is... dumb.

Not sure where you are getting the idea you need to kill 200 Yungoos. You can fully EV train a whole stat with 7-8 SOS chain kills if you have the appropriate power item and Pokerus.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The main gimmick is that in doubles it doesn't hit your ally and they're just going all-in on assuming doubles is the only style that matters for competitive

Actually this is probably the generation I try out doubles myself
One thing kinda annoying about that - I really enjoy playing doubles, and I'm glad so many mons are good for doubles this time around.
HOWEVER. This generation runs double battles with an obnoxiously lovely framerate! So no one (me included) wants to play doubles anymore!

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Best new feature 2016: When you spin around your character starts doing pirouettes and then fist pumps the air when you stop :3:
:agreed:
I do that all the time, it's great. Spin around next to defeated grunts, defeated elite 4 members, Lille, everyone.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
bring back horde battles/super training.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sade posted:

I can't believe you just called shofu a doofus.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I named my new Rowlet Rowliver, my new Popplio WelcomeToArf and my new Litten Nocapurra just in case anyone wanted to be extremely jealous.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

shofu is a doofus

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
What does weather sos mean? I saw it on Serebii but I've yet to see different weather. Unless it means weather effect moves?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dabir posted:

shofu is a doofus

If someone makes Youtube videos with titles on the thumbnail in gaudy WordArt then I assume until I see evidence to the contrary that they are a doofus and that if I start the video playing I will turn it off out of annoyance within 5 seconds

e: also I choose arbitrarily to assume that "Bellonna" visible in the thumbnail is a misspelling of "B'Elanna" so he is a Start Trek fan who can't spell

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What does weather sos mean? I saw it on Serebii but I've yet to see different weather. Unless it means weather effect moves?

It means that some SOS Pokemon are restricted by the weather. One example i'm seeing online is Goomy showing up as an SOS response to a Fearow because it's always raining on Route 17.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Some routes can have variable weather (rain, hail, etc.), which changes the encounter table for SOS calls. Some Pokemon can only be found like this.

Also, using weather inducing moves doesn't seem to work.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Tired Moritz posted:

bring back horde battles/super training.

I wouldn't be so annoyed by this if it weren't a pain in the rear end to grind up BP. Can't get BP efficiently without battle ready Pokemon, can't breed and train battle ready Pokemon without the poo poo I'm trying to grind BP for. It's kind of annoying.

I also really need a pokerus infection vector.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Vegastar posted:

I wouldn't be so annoyed by this if it weren't a pain in the rear end to grind up BP. Can't get BP efficiently without battle ready Pokemon, can't breed and train battle ready Pokemon without the poo poo I'm trying to grind BP for. It's kind of annoying.

I also really need a pokerus infection vector.

If you're on the discord chat, there's plenty of people who can trade you a Pokerus infected 'mon.

https://discordapp.com/channels/160817374587650048/247402113787756544

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Anyone happen to know of any good money farming spots or strategies? Just got to the third island and was expecting restaurants to work like how they did in X and Y, instead just wasted a bunch of money on nothing 😤

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
One fantastic improvement this gen: you can pretty much straight up buy heartscales. The restaurant next to Olivia's shop gives you 2 per meal (and the special gives you 4 once per day) and you can eat as many meals as you'd like in one day.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sade posted:

TaurusOxford posted:

You can just breed new playthrough mons if you want an easier method. My actual playthrough mons are all relaxing at the Poke Pelago hot springs. :v:

I know this, but I'm attached to my lovable dorkymons and want to keep using them. I know I can (read: should) breed new, perfect Pokémon and train them "right". Since all my current Pokémon have EV's all over the place and apparently the post-game VS battle stuff assumes you've got perfect EV-ing I'm disappointed that it's such a pain to "fix" the EVs of my team. :(

TaurusOxford posted:

Not sure where you are getting the idea you need to kill 200 Yungoos. You can fully EV train a whole stat with 7-8 SOS chain kills if you have the appropriate power item and Pokerus.

If you have the appropriate power item and Pokerus :v:

e: this:

Vegastar posted:

Can't get BP efficiently without battle ready Pokemon, can't breed and train battle ready Pokemon without the poo poo I'm trying to grind BP for. It's kind of annoying.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The best part of going with Litten at the start?

Incineroar isn't afraid to get his hands dirty.

Me when I read this post
http://i.imgur.com/UdJY0iX.gifv

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think one of the reasons people just play the type effectiveness mission in Festival Plaza is because it isn't busted. I've had several times where the game just stopped spawning new people during a language mission so you can't earn more points and are guaranteed a crappy FC reward.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
as long as we all agree the "find the type-pokemon fan" is terrible.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Neo_Crimson posted:

Some routes can have variable weather (rain, hail, etc.), which changes the encounter table for SOS calls. Some Pokemon can only be found like this.

Also, using weather inducing moves doesn't seem to work.

Uh, unless that Vanillish I met at Tapu Village was summoned by the rain, I'm pretty sure they do, because it showed up when a Castform used Hail.

Mierenneuker posted:

I think one of the reasons people just play the type effectiveness mission in Festival Plaza is because it isn't busted. I've had several times where the game just stopped spawning new people during a language mission so you can't earn more points and are guaranteed a crappy FC reward.

Talk to the dancer and she'll spawn new people.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You can just ev train on an island or the festival funland can't you? That's fine. That's good.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I just wish more people would choose the Inverse one. It's pretty easy, most of the time you can just pick one of the types the Pokemon actually is and get it. And you get 6 per star in that one instead of 5 for the regular one.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

ElMaligno posted:

Me when I read this post

I don't get it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I fear that my new knowledge of Pokémon mechanics like Natures, IVs and EVs is ruining some of the fun :( I was looking forward to using Nihilego because I like the design but now that I've caught it I notice that mine has a +Attack -Speed Nature and I think "ugh". Then I think that "I should EV train it before I start using it" and now I wonder if I'll ever use it.

Maybe I should just pretend I didn't read up on this stuff, I'm clearly not very good at it.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Hammerite posted:

he is a Start Trek fan who can't spell

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Supremezero posted:

Talk to the dancer and she'll spawn new people.

That I did not know. Which probably means a lot of people don't know and it's going to be type effectiveness missions forever...

FishBulb posted:

You can just ev train on an island or the festival funland can't you? That's fine. That's good.

Yeah, the Battle Table food stall will always have lunches for every EV stat, regardless of how many stars the shop has. Right now no one seems to have done the research on how much EV points you get for every lunch though (they're all 20 FC).

You also have EV training with the bouncy houses. They offer better EV training (it goes up to a 7 star course for 200 FC apparently!) but they offer just 2 stats per variety.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 24, 2016