Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I totes bought them both. The way I figure it, I'm swimming in lapis from the arena and the mission rewards, plus only 1600 or whatever they were for cactaurs, quartz, sacred crystals and summon tickets is a good deal.

I'm just waiting for this dumb event to be done. I'm sick of chasing the metal god dragon, but I just can't stop. I hate it. It's like heroin I tells ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did one more ticket pull on the BF banner, blue crystal turned gold!

...Shadow. :suicide:

This is gold crystal #5 or 6 in a row that gave a 4* max trash unit.

I've 1/2 pulled 2 gold crystals off this banner. First was Anzlem, second was Clyne. :suicide:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Got another 3 metal gods today for a sweet 16k orbs. Stocked up on some more 6* materials and bought the last tablet just because. The 15% hp and mag can suck it.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Good gravy I finally got around to doing that greater demon fight in the trials vortex and that was one mean slog. That stupid drat cactar hosed me up worse than any of the other fights with is stupid 10000 needles deal. Oh well at least I got this shiny new wizards rod to slap on my exdeath as soon as I manage to get the rest of his mats. Between him and arc I'll be dual casting fools all day long.

Oh has anyone tried the newest trials fight? That thorned mace looks like a great fit for cod for those of us who can't TM grind up the best stuff

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
My Exdeath isn't even max level yet and I'm loving him already.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Jesus christ, don't tease that octopus.

You'll know when you get there.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 24, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
I didn't even notice the new trial was up and it's 30 NRG to enter. I just burned all my NRG elsewhere too... :geno:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cartoon Man posted:

I didn't even notice the new trial was up and it's 30 NRG to enter. I just burned all my NRG elsewhere too... :geno:

Same. Been doing some vortex runs on my Bartz. He's only level 20 6* now and he's about to crest 300atk. He might end up being a decent bruiser.

Only lovely thing is now I need 2 more hero rings since they'll be better than his current hyper wrists.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
One thing to keep in mind: Antonella's parts have overlapping resistances. So anyone or any friend leaders with base elemental weapons is going to be in for a rough time. The only thing it's either completely not-resistant to or vulnerable to is Earth damage or Light/Dark.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Pulled a cod from my half price, is she one of those things that will let me steamroll content?

Been pretty lucky with pulls using only the half price and tickets as f2p. Tooth, refia, cod so far.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Cod gets barrage and has some pretty stellar resistances but she's pretty tricky to equip since she's limited to maces throwing weapons and rods and staffs. Still man eater plus is nuts against human enemies so she can rip poo poo up p good. If you grind tms and manage to get dual wield and another decent mace, say from Locke she can be an absolute beast.

The new fight in vortex of trials awards the best non TM mace in the game so far and that's what we are talking about right now. About to give it a shot myself right quick to see if it's a lot harder than the previous fight with the greater demon

Oh forgot to mention she's got some decent support stuff too. One that increases all elemental resistance by 30 percent for the whole party, and a party wide status cure as well as protectaga. She's Def one of my mainstay units right now, doubly so if I can ever get tm grinding up and running

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 24, 2016

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
Trip report: Antonella is a surprising grind. Cleared it first time, but it cost quite a few elixirs and Phoenix downs. To put it in perspective, chaining 5x Call of the Void took a single fullbreak'd vine down by a third. Cheer was up as well.

Cecil spent every round at least half dead, and everybody had mana issues. I won't be trying for the extra 30 lapis anytime soon.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Mindflayers can and will AOE paralyze your entire party if you let them. They are jerks.

Thankfully Refia's limit burst is amazing, but man, I was on auto-pilot not thinking through these story missions just to quickly clear them and suddenly everyone not named Refia was greyed out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did one more ticket pull on the BF banner, blue crystal turned gold!

...Shadow. :suicide:

This is gold crystal #5 or 6 in a row that gave a 4* max trash unit.

In contrast I've been getting shadowned, shantotoed, clyned and lanied all of BF banner and I've refused to roll on the shadow one. So I did one last desperation ticket and it turns out gold. I close my eyes and wait to get this last one shadow to top it off and its TILITH!

I've got the making of an incredibly powerful team once Agrias, WoL, Tilith get their *6

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Apparently BF caught up and finished all of their cooperative rewards in that promotion, so we just got 1 Summon Ticket and 500 lapis in the mail.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The background for the Stormy Seas dungeon missions is fantastic.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

After this event is over I'll throw up my best mage again, since karma will finally be dead and gone.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Yikes yeah that new trial boss is quite a bit harder than the previous ones. It does a hefty amount of damage along with paralyzing silencing or diseasing at least one or two people a turn. I couldn't keep up with just Cecil dropping Curaja so it looks like I'll have to wait till my Refia is maxed so I can keep the pace up. Sigh what a waste of 30 nrg

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Yo, Dirt, your disgusting CoD is the only reason I now have Maxwell. Managed to beat her w/o a single fullbreaker, and ate an endless because I forgot to reset once. Tempted to try for the 10k karma. Not completely awful as long as the app keeps 'crashing'.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Antonella was a fun long grind, no way am I'm going back for the missions anytime soon. Bring elixirs and your best Ethers. I ran my Lightning, Luneth, Refia, and dual tanks Cecil and WoL. Keep full break up as you tackle each part one at a time. Start with the upper right target, then work your way down. Save the inner target for last or it will rage nuke your team.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Argh waiting on Elza friends to show up in the friend list is making me antsy. 8k away from moogle so hopefully I get a 3 metal god run and all will be well.

Also OMG Baram dat ExDeath is nawice. I will have me one soon enough......well as soon as I pull a drat Zidane anyway!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Just finished Shrine of Water and I'm feeling the game is getting merciless on the non-F2P, if they don't want to use lapis revives that is.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I've switched back to Lightning for the trial, she's got 597 atk now on Ifrit (for plant killer) with a plant killer materia. I'll keep her up like that unless I have to change up for the big bridge tomorrow.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I think the best thing to do, if you're low level trying to finish story mode is to pump Agrias to max if you have her. You can always get enough rage crystals to put everyone into LB by the time you reach a boss and her LB will STOP every story boss for a couple turns giving you loads of free hits with your friend Lightnings and Luneths.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Oh cool it looks like the water shrine has a plus 10 percent attack materia for its silver chest. Been waiting for that baby for a bit now. God I really wish I could tm farm. I want a crazy duel wielding dark Knight Cecil with barrage and his dark sword so I can smoosh all that stand before me. That's it it's now my mission for the rest of the day to figure out how to get this poo poo up and running.

I'm assuming you guys that tm farm don't run it off your phones correct?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Exdeath #1 level 100, Exdeath #2 level 90 (with lvl 10 LB). 5x meteor action in the arena is a glorious thing, especially when they actually chain properly since it kills even a tanky Cecil from full HP. Even without chains, 999x5 kills drat near everything as it is, especially if Tellah tosses in another -aga for 500+ damage. It's nearly impossible to not at least get a pair of 1 chain meteors even if timing is messed up though so 5.5k+ damage from meteors is common. Once I get Exdeath #3 (4*, lvl 41) to 6* and with meteor it's game over for any team where I go first, or they don't wipe out 1-2 party members of mine if they go first. Still sitting on 30+ of all the 6* mats too so all I need is about 1.5 million xp...

Also fun: Taking both Exdeaths in to the GGC with a buddy maxwell, chaining a pair of Endless LBs, and then having all 4 meteors land during said Endless chain for upwards of 4-500k damage per meteor. :hellyeah:

Also had 2-2-3 metal god appearances within my first dozen GGC runs today, with the 3 metal gods showing up on the run after I used gumi's compensation NRG. Looks like I'll be able to grab that 15% hp materia I'd forgotten about while still getting everything else I wanted, plus some extra evo mats from the looks of things. Or I can forgo the 15% hp and get... another demonic materia and... overpriced 6* mats after buying the 20 of each cheaply?

aherdofpenguins posted:

I have a Refia around, no Full Break, and I love Mexican food. PERFECT.

What is it about Orlandu that completely breaks the game? Is he really THAT much better than everything they have currently?

Yes. It's (almost) not funny how broken Orlandu is, even if you don't have an Excalibur for him. When you see JP players post about how a pair of Orlandus completely trivalizes fights that entire teams struggle with they aren't kidding. Toss in Ramza for his (enhanced) Hero Song for even more murder, and Tilith for some extra resists and hp/mp healing and then fill your remaining spots with whatever.

At the rate FFT's units get powered up I'm guessing that if/when they add Beowulf he just ends up with a bunch of 1-200% damage single/aoe target moves with near-guaranteed status effect infliction rates and his LB will be some sort of supercharged version of what Exdeath has. Maybe with Stop and some new effects thrown in.

PaybackJack posted:

I've 1/2 pulled 2 gold crystals off this banner. First was Anzlem, second was Clyne. :suicide:

I think the BF banner has given me my highest ratio of gold crystals ever, while also giving me zero on-banner units. Like I pulled over 70 times for Lightning and if you exclude the guaranteed 4* crystals on the 11 pulls I got maybe half as many gold crystals as the maybe dozen BF banner pulls gave me, yet no Tilith, or even a Karl/Seria for extra karma... :smith:

PathAsc posted:

After this event is over I'll throw up my best mage again, since karma will finally be dead and gone.

:same:

My 2nd Exdeath should be pushing, or over, 500MAG and is at LB lvl 10.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Hmm, apparently if you can time it correctly, and Bartz isn't at full hp, if you Life Giver and then land a Heal before Life Giver's animation finishes, Bartz doesn't die. It seems Life Giver deals 100% of Bartz's current hp in damage to himself, snapshotted at the moment you use the skill or shortly thereafter.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Hmm, I was on pace to complete the 100 battles before the week reset, but I messed up maintenance timing and now it looks like I'll be at 99 consecutive wins and about 10 minutes from an arena orb when 8PM EST hits. :v:

Does buying a stamina refill for 100 lapis refill the summon orbs too? I could just do it again next week I suppose, but bleh.

Half-off pulled a 4* Karl today, that's pretty silly timing considering I've bought everything except the 15% Mag, Elza skill, and the more expensive 6* crystals. :v:

Edit: 6* CoD, 6* CoD, and 6* ExDeath with Vaan for Focus and Lenna for Cheer is just :stare: in the arena

kalensc fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 24, 2016

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

kalensc posted:

Hmm, I was on pace to complete the 100 battles before the week reset, but I messed up maintenance timing and now it looks like I'll be at 99 consecutive wins and about 10 minutes from an arena orb when 8PM EST hits. :v:

Does buying a stamina refill for 100 lapis refill the summon orbs too? I could just do it again next week I suppose, but bleh.

Half-off pulled a 4* Karl today, that's pretty silly timing considering I've bought everything except the 15% Mag, Elza skill, and the more expensive 6* crystals. :v:

You can refill orbs by just attempting to do arena/colo iirc to the tune of some lapiz. Haven't done it ever, but I'm sure it's still there.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

PathAsc posted:

You can refill orbs by just attempting to do arena/colo iirc to the tune of some lapiz. Haven't done it ever, but I'm sure it's still there.

Ahhh of course, thanks for the reminder! Not sure if it's worth the lapis, more of a good lesson on properly interpreting the maintenance times now that daylight savings is over.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

kalensc posted:

Ahhh of course, thanks for the reminder! Not sure if it's worth the lapis, more of a good lesson on properly interpreting the maintenance times now that daylight savings is over.

The reward for a 100 streak is 500 lapis. Spending 100 lapis to gain 400 lapis is absolutely worth it.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I wouldn't advise using my Elza for Antonella until I can get that neutral-element Spear tomorrow, and get her properly setup to tackle it.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

The reward for a 100 streak is 500 lapis. Spending 100 lapis to gain 400 lapis is absolutely worth it.

It'd be a waste if he can get it next week without spending lapis though.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Defeated Maxwell for the Moogle and got the reward for using an LB killing blow, but I'm having trouble surviving until Diabolos can be summoned. It's just Meteor that's killing me, it quad-shots Charlotte who's wearing all the SPR and HP gear she can muster pretty much, and she's dead regardless of her prior action (Defend, Mirage, etc), and then it gets really tough to handle the damage while I accrue more esper gauge.

Any advice? I read through this thread and a lot of reddit stuff, so I know how to avoid the Rune and other big attacks, and I know the threshold % for triggering Meteor and other attacks, but how do I survive it?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just wasted so many elixirs on the trial only to suddenly get gibbed with two appendages left. Do they get stronger as time goes on?

Like why the gently caress can it one shot my Elza and CoD.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Did you kill the main body before the appendages? If it dies before the rest, they wipe your team.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

AegisP posted:

Did you kill the main body before the appendages? If it dies before the rest, they wipe your team.

Nope. Worked my way from top right down.

I felt like I was barely doing any damage to it. Should I bring in a caster?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

You're dead inside if your first Carbuncle summon doesn't make you smile :3::3::3:

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
CoD seems to be the star of the Antenolla fight, with Aura Ball, Comeback, Call of the Void, and her resistances to status effects. Such an overpowered character.

edit: uh, nm

Mrit SA fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
You can cheese the Bartz Live Giver battery skill by casting a healing spell just before activating it. If you time it correct Bartz will not die since the code doesn't say "kill Bartz" but says "subtract X HP (X = total Bartz HP)".

At 01:00 minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-tk1Ez2-U

• Locked thread