Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

1st AD posted:

Yup.

What's the best way to record dive for OK? Focus on magic or physical only, or hybrid him?

Since you got both the Sword and the BSB, I'd go Physical first, get use out of the SSB in case you need him to just burst out damage in a single chunk.

Other factor would be your A-team, too. Do you tend to run a phys or mage team, and go with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
So JP is getting a series of FFXV login bonuses:
Period
2016 November 25 days 5: 00 ~ December 9, 4:59
Gift items
* Day 1: Mithril 15 ×
* 2 Day: 150,000 Gill
* Day 3: Glow Egg (large) × 15
* 4 Day: Hihiirokane [maximum] 15 ×
* 5 Day: ★ 5 weapon "engine blade [XV]"

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5emk2m/ffrk_jp_collab_for_xv/

That there XV synergy weapon suggests they'll be getting at least a XV event soon. Let's cross our fingers for global! Although it sounds like it'll be going on while we're getting our Thanksgiving mythril, so I doubt we'd get it at the same time.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Video time!

Orlandu has the best soul breaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GinK_Ue20Q
Mustadio shoots things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4sbjbVr7lg

Malak's BSB is the exact opposite of Rafa's, which is to be expected: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBV_2_0bPKA
... same with Malak's SSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWgecgumGDM

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's like Shout/Sheepsong where it's great to have natively, but you can RW it just fine.

More importantly, the boosting effect (the +30% ATK/MAG) already comes on two other characters already (Celes's BSB has it alongside her enholy on entry, Tellah's SSB has it but gives him Doom) and will show up on more and more characters in the future.

If you don't pull OK BSB, don't stress about it too much. It won't be like Shout where we won't have any reasonable alternatives for a months-long span of time. In fact, the next big Whalebait banner (Alphinaud 1) has it in the form of Alphinaud's SSB, which offers the boost alongside Radiant Shield (a new buff for that event that reflects any damage you take back onto the boss - amazing for raid battles that spam AoE)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Varance posted:

Malak's BSB is the exact opposite of Rafa's, which is to be expected: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBV_2_0bPKA
... same with Malak's SSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWgecgumGDM

Well these are extremely inaccurate to the game, his attack is supposed to hit everywhere except where the enemies are standing. :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got... a generic FF7 thrown weapon. What the hell

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Attestant posted:

Since you got both the Sword and the BSB, I'd go Physical first, get use out of the SSB in case you need him to just burst out damage in a single chunk.

Other factor would be your A-team, too. Do you tend to run a phys or mage team, and go with that.

I tend to run physical so that's probably a no-brainer, but I also already have Ramza (Shout, Tailwind, Unsung Hero BSSB, AND Hail of Stones) and Celes (Maria's Song BSSB and Spinning Edge). Plus I have Decil and Leon who also have attack buffing SBs.

The only mage BSSB I have right now is Rinoa and I want to beef up a bit there since I'm still struggling against Kaiser Dragon and Neo Bahamut (weak hones on *5 magic are killing me).

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well these are extremely inaccurate to the game, his attack is supposed to hit everywhere except where the enemies are standing. :v:

It would've been pretty funny if they'd deliberately made his SSB hit the party with every other hit or something, until I pulled one.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
100 gems and 100 mythril in, Elder Staff, Heroic Shield x 2, and Lust Dagger out. Not really what I was hoping for, but it's still decent synergy, so I'll take that. Guess I'll have to rely on FFXV for a pick-me-up after Retail Hell Week.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I went off-banner/33 haha yeah I love this loving game

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
So now that I have a good wind-elemental EnWind BSB, when's the next banner with a good Imperil Wind?

I wanna make Team Gusty.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Y'all motherfuckers are making it hard for me to stay discipl

Beasteh posted:

I went off-banner/33 haha yeah I love this loving game

Discipline restored.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Do enough Onion Motes drop to unlock all his record spheres, or do I have to be picky? I only see the ones available from the CID missions, and that definitely isn't enough.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Attestant posted:

So now that I have a good wind-elemental EnWind BSB, when's the next banner with a good Imperil Wind?

I wanna make Team Gusty.

The only upcoming Imperil Winds are Zack BSB in about 3 weeks (which is on the same banner as Cloud Wind-element OSB and Cloud's Attach Wind SB) and Zidane BSB (which is on the same banners as Zidane's Attach Wind SSB and Zidane's Wind-element OSB) in about 7.

Zidane BSB is a possible result on the Black Friday banner though, so who knows how that'll turn out for you!

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Do enough Onion Motes drop to unlock all his record spheres, or do I have to be picky? I only see the ones available from the CID missions, and that definitely isn't enough.

According to the in-game event description you can farm them from the EXP dungeon I think.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The only upcoming Imperil Winds are Zack BSB in about 3 weeks (which is on the same banner as Cloud Wind-element OSB and Cloud's Attach Wind SB) and Zidane BSB (which is on the same banners as Zidane's Attach Wind SSB and Zidane's Wind-element OSB) in about 7.

Zidane BSB is a possible result on the Black Friday banner though, so who knows how that'll turn out for you!

Thanks, I'll keep those in mind and see if I can make some pulls there.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

The mote dungeon in a couple of days will give some I think.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Like Edly said, there's a chance of them being dropping from the Enigma Dragons but it's the ones from the + Dungeon that have the better odds for gathering some of them...

Otherwise, your other choice is the Ahriman Mote Battle.

EDIT: Beaten on the second point.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Schwartzcough posted:

So JP is getting a series of FFXV login bonuses:
Period
2016 November 25 days 5: 00 ~ December 9, 4:59
Gift items
* Day 1: Mithril 15 ×
* 2 Day: 150,000 Gill
* Day 3: Glow Egg (large) × 15
* 4 Day: Hihiirokane [maximum] 15 ×
* 5 Day: ★ 5 weapon "engine blade [XV]"

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5emk2m/ffrk_jp_collab_for_xv/

That there XV synergy weapon suggests they'll be getting at least a XV event soon. Let's cross our fingers for global! Although it sounds like it'll be going on while we're getting our Thanksgiving mythril, so I doubt we'd get it at the same time.

They just confirmed that we are getting this in global as well, starting tomorrow.

:siren: This means that we are getting 21 mythril tomorrow morning :siren:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

quote:

Glow Egg

:tizzy:

Still, though, hot drat, Christmas came early this year.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

By the time all these rewards end it won't be long until the next dungeon update. Mythril ahoy!

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Had the best luck I've had in a while. 100 mithril got me two Lust Daggers, Elder Staff, White Mage Robe, Heroic Shield and the Onion Bracers. And an FF1 shield with protectga on It.

I do not know this Onion Child so I will imagine he is the vegetable knight thing from Chrono Cross. I think he was a turnip.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Knowing we're getting the bonus mythril tomorrow tried for one more 50x pull, Got another white mage robe, an elder staff and the onion knight sword. I think I can safely call it there. Shame about the gloves but now my FF3 synergy is actually half decent.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Angeal 1 is a really good pull for anyone looking to build a Wind-team: Imperil Wind BSB, Wind OSB, Enwind for Cloud, and a +Wind hat along with a Wind SSB (Cid's Goggles). The Hewley Buster is also one of three sources of the party-wide DEF+100% boost, it's a shame it's stapled to an otherwise mediocre character (Angeal's not terrible since he's Knight 5, but it'll be forever before he gets a new relic).

The only thing I'd rather not pull from that banner is the Crystal Cross, but if one doesn't already have it it's still an okay prize.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Fang's BSB also has an Imperil Wind effect and will presumably be in the pot for the Friday Lucky Draw.

... Also, am I crazy or does the boss of Eureka - 7th Level East look like a Pillar Man?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Dorgann banner also brings Faris' Imperil Wind, and that's, what, next week?

Did an 11-pull on the banner, got both of OnionBro's relics and both of Arc's SSBs so, uh, yeah, cool.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

QuantaStarFire posted:

Dorgann banner also brings Faris' Imperil Wind, and that's, what, next week?

Did an 11-pull on the banner, got both of OnionBro's relics and both of Arc's SSBs so, uh, yeah, cool.

Four weeks from now actually. It goes OK > Squall > Leo > Angeal > Dorgann > Alphinaud/Minfilia.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I opted not to pull on the IV banners and the game rewarded my patience with the Onion Gauntlets and White Mage Robe. Are the other OK relics worth trying to get or should just call it good?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Edly posted:

According to the in-game event description you can farm them from the EXP dungeon I think.

Oh good, I was planning on farming the exp dungeon anyway. Thanks!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I opted not to pull on the IV banners and the game rewarded my patience with the Onion Gauntlets and White Mage Robe. Are the other OK relics worth trying to get or should just call it good?

Call it good. The burst commands are all the DPS you're going to need from OK, magic or phys.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Blowback's actually not bad for reasons that the Burst doesn't fulfill(Wrathable 12x MT magic damage+40% Medica... well, Lifesiphonable too, if you... you know, care about Onion's physical damage while he's in a mage setup...), but if you make a run at that, you're making a run at a different banner with a different grand prize anyways.

(Refia's BSB is overshadowed but quietly really ridiculous.)

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Did 3x11 pulls, got everything but the BSB relics. The game was mean and taunted me with an offbanner spear from V. :argh:

Definitely pulling on the second banner to try for my second waifu Refia. Plus I want to feel less bad about committing my crystals to Lifebane. :v:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I got the gauntlets!

Can someone please explain to me in a little more detail how to use the Onion motes? I know you go into Record Spheres and use them but which of the trees should I work on? Like the specific classes, not just "physical". I want to make sure I don't waste these. :)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Personally the spheres I targeted first for my OK were Knight->Gladiator for Support 5 and White Mage->Devout for White 5. With his BSB, Onion is a superb choice for carrying the "other" protectga/shellga, whichever your white mage isn't carrying, and he's also the only Support 5 character for FF3.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I got the gauntlets!

Can someone please explain to me in a little more detail how to use the Onion motes? I know you go into Record Spheres and use them but which of the trees should I work on? Like the specific classes, not just "physical". I want to make sure I don't waste these. :)

Since you got the glove, you can kind of do whatever. A good plan is to level support, combat, Ninja and black magic to start and then lean into how you find yourself using him over time. The Ahriman more dungeon should give you nearly enough to max him, assuming you use the Onion XP dungeon to level him up.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Four weeks from now actually. It goes OK > Squall > Leo > Angeal > Dorgann > Alphinaud/Minfilia.

I never remember the Dead Knight event trio order.

I might be pulling on Leo since my only VI synergy is Relm's Medica, but if I can get through the event with shared stuff waiting for Locke/Celes OSB Banners is the plan.

Especially with OSB fest coming up. I don't want to dip into my Surprise Lucky Draw/FFXI/FFXV/WoFF saving either since the timing and potential existance for those are all up in the air. Actually liking Lann and Reynn while playing WoFF modified my Mythril plans.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Attestant posted:

I have no impulse control.

Like, none whatsoever.

Though this second pull probably taught me a lesson... :(

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I thought RWing Vessel of Fate for the Kain U+ would make me able to fulfill the CM for it. Ha ha, nope. When the enemies can hit for 1500 damage or so through ProShellga, the game is basically yelling "You have to bring a Wall, dumbass!"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

Personally the spheres I targeted first for my OK were Knight->Gladiator for Support 5 and White Mage->Devout for White 5. With his BSB, Onion is a superb choice for carrying the "other" protectga/shellga, whichever your white mage isn't carrying, and he's also the only Support 5 character for FF3.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Since you got the glove, you can kind of do whatever. A good plan is to level support, combat, Ninja and black magic to start and then lean into how you find yourself using him over time. The Ahriman more dungeon should give you nearly enough to max him, assuming you use the Onion XP dungeon to level him up.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be putting everything I can into OK for the forseeable future. I'm always complaining that nobody can use the "other" Protectga or Shellga so that's a no-brainer for me.

Now if only I could get more xp eggs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Armitage posted:

Believe, and you will receive a Crystal Helm!

I actually have 2 6*++'s! I'll upgrade them later before a vi event, even though they're great I have to prioritize current and upcomming events first.

• Locked thread