Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I just keep hitting "Change Set" until I see I Am Also Groot or Stark Backing right?

I'm using a +Cold Damage obelisk for her right now am I correct in using that? It also does other things but they're not great.

Problem with Loki is the summons don't get anything like Crit/Cold damage+/ect. so just go for Recovery Rate for Loki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I just keep hitting "Change Set" until I see I Am Also Groot or Stark Backing right?

I'm using a +Cold Damage obelisk for her right now am I correct in using that? It also does other things but they're not great.

Yeah, I'd use the auto set change though becaus eyou can waste 20 rolls at a time!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Ramadu posted:

Yeah, I'd use the auto set change though becaus eyou can waste 20 rolls at a time!

Also you can see it deduct the money immediately, so you can tell if it's going to waste all 20 rolls and then you get to watch it!

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I wish they'd let us auto more than 20 rolls, I feel like it takes too many button presses for a million gold to evaporate and produce nothing

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
I am in dire need of new friends if any of you kids have room: SqueeSA
After not playing for a few months, apparently most of my friends list hasn't either!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

NmareBfly posted:

My IF is unoptomized as hell and I don't have any trouble with any of the bosses. :shrug:

Stats:

Gear:

Using Angry Hulk as his ISO set.

I think it might just be the gear, tbh. Even with one stat totally useless the 40% invincibility is huuuge.

I usually run Wasp leader - Iron Fist - Black Widow because he likes Wasp's leadership and BW has teamup bonuses with both of 'em.

Yeh uh my stats tho

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Squee posted:

I am in dire need of new friends if any of you kids have room: SqueeSA
After not playing for a few months, apparently most of my friends list hasn't either!

I'll add you back sir.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Yeh uh my stats tho

Get more good stats and less bad ones.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Yeh uh my stats tho

Needs more Mind Resist and Cold Damage.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So I'm wondering who I should use these 5/6 star rank up tickets on, out of Wasp, Yondu, and Malekith. Gwen and Welf are the other two lovely to farm characters I have there. Got enough to for two of them to get boosted to 6 star.

Also, mega mastery ticket on any of those, or use it on Hellstorm or Black Bolt?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Wasp is meta

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Nightnurse is posting a shitload of news and events for Thanksgiving/Black Friday. 50% off uniform sale, 24 hour hot time, free isos, special packages that give tokens you can use to buy more stuff. Though at a quick glance, you need to spend a shitload of money to get the "free" T2 ticket.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Nice, I was hoping for a uni sale so I can dress up Elsita.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
poo poo yeah. I'll be buying uniforms for everyone I don't have a uniform yet. :)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm snagging Crossbones, and I'm tempted to get Destroyer, but I think I'll hold off in light of a big Asgard update coming

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
What's the best deal of the sales? Haven't had a chance to look.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I think the crystal deal is a no brainer. 8250 crystals for $50 is a steal. That's 2700 additional on this deal. Being that you'll probably use crystals one day in your life, it's a no brainer.

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
The urge to whale on that tier 2 ticket is strong, that extra currency is stingy as hell though. Spend 8k crystals and get barely enough to buy an iso pack, you'd need to spend a hell of a lot of money to get the 'free' tier 2 pack!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I think it's important to be wise and not whale hard enough to get that T2 token pack. That's insane.

The uniform sale and crystal sale are the Best Buy, like the store, by a long shot.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Yeah, I'm stocking up on crystals and uniforms because those are the Really Good Deals.

Happy with this overall because I wanted unis more than anything and this is better than the regular uni sales.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I think it's important to be wise and not whale hard enough to get that T2 token pack. That's insane.

The uniform sale and crystal sale are the Best Buy, like the store, by a long shot.

Wooooow. Who are you even???

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gibbering Madness posted:

Wooooow. Who are you even???

Hey I'm doing my part! I'm on the cusp of Vip11 after this sale!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well it's that time of year again where we spend way too much money on a phone game. I whaled hard to get to VIP 9 for those sweet extra comic cards rifts and now have 3 Mega T2 Advancement tickets in my inventory...

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Which costumes are best for Black Widow, Daisy, Falcon, and Winter Soldier?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr Hootington posted:

Widow: Civil War, though it's close enough to 2099 that you can pick either.
Daisy: The Marvel's Agents of Shield one, though the other uniform does make her a Dodge Ignore striker for World boss.
Falcon: The Civil War one, no question.
Winter Soldier: It's personal preference between Civil War and the Captain America costumes since one of them changes up his moveset.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RatHat posted:

Widow: Civil War, though it's close enough to 2099 that you can pick either.
Daisy: The Marvel's Agents of Shield one, though the other uniform does make her a Dodge Ignore striker for World boss.
Falcon: The Civil War one, no question.
Winter Soldier: It's personal preference between Civil War and the Captain America costumes since one of them changes up his moveset.

thanks.

and which of the two hulk costumes are the best? extra damage is good, but that guard immune is tempting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Another personal preference one. Worth noting that both of them change him to Supervillain.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Mr Hootington posted:

Mr Hootington posted:

thanks.

and which of the two hulk costumes are the best? extra damage is good, but that guard immune is tempting.

Note that out of all these characters only Black Widow and Daisy are any good and deserve consideration on buying a uniform unless you really like the characters for some reason. Hulk is totally garbage no matter which uniform you pick.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

punchymcpunch posted:

Get more good stats and less bad ones.

I'm badly boned on cards, but I'm doing all YJ rifts and one day maybe I'll have a legendary 6 which is All Good

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Guess I'll minnow up the $9 pack which puts me over the cost of the 6 mega rank up pack

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I see Winter Soldier with the cap uni come up in discussions about Shadowlands a lot. I think he can clear a floor solo? I don't actually have him though so I dunno.

If I drop ten bucks I can get the Black Friday special pack but then I won't have anything left over for uniforms. Hm. Could also just do 2x the mega tank tickets and the only thing I wouldn't have compared to the bundle is a mega T2 which is really drat good but there's no one I'm that excited about T2'ing that isn't close already.

You can't mega-6 then mega-T2 someone you haven't unlocked, right? Like to get Carnage I'd have to sub, use a day's selector on him, THEN the megas, right? Wait, is the mega T2 the one that can bring someone up from 1* or do they need to be 6?

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So that's my list of uniforms for my scrubby heroes, I think I'll grab the lowest crystal pack here this afternoon, so what mandatory uniforms do you in the know goon types think I'm missing?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

You've got it pretty well covered but Ronan makes him actually usable in Shadowlands and Quake's AoS uni gives an extra hit on her buff which is her purpose in life anyway. Malekith?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

NmareBfly posted:

You can't mega-6 then mega-T2 someone you haven't unlocked, right? Like to get Carnage I'd have to sub, use a day's selector on him, THEN the megas, right? Wait, is the mega T2 the one that can bring someone up from 1* or do they need to be 6?

Mega T2 brings a 6* character(mastery/gears/ect. don't matter) to T2(which also maxes their mastery and gears). Mega 6 brings a character to 6*. And yes you need to have unlocked the character first so if you get the Montly bios package I recommend unlocking Carnage and Hyperion first(You can get Gwenpool, Satana, and Clea's bios in other ways).

rizzen posted:

So that's my list of uniforms for my scrubby heroes, I think I'll grab the lowest crystal pack here this afternoon, so what mandatory uniforms do you in the know goon types think I'm missing?

Nope, you've got all the "mandatory" uniforms. Some others I'd recommend that significantly improve a character(but not like the ones you've already got): Ironman's Civil War uniform, Yondu(though it could be argued his default moveset is better), Doc Ock, Red Skull, Malekith, Destroyer, Ronan, Winter Soldier(either of his uniforms), Deathlok, and Ancient One.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 24, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

fart simpson posted:

Note that out of all these characters only Black Widow and Daisy are any good and deserve consideration on buying a uniform unless you really like the characters for some reason. Hulk is totally garbage no matter which uniform you pick.

I have all the good costumes and it is more stat boosting for Shadowland and other game modes. I'm looking at those 5 and malekith . I have a few more like drax, star-lord, nebula, gamora, and such that have garbage costumes and want to wait a little longer.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

rizzen posted:

Ronan, Black Bolt, Wasp, Goliath (giant-man), and ant-man (civil war) are all good costumes for good characters.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Are you supposed to get 200 crystals up front when you buy Stark's secret stash? The app crashed while I was buying it and the iOS notification said successful but the game itself is saying nothing.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The Dave posted:

Are you supposed to get 200 crystals up front when you buy Stark's secret stash? The app crashed while I was buying it and the iOS notification said successful but the game itself is saying nothing.

That happened to me once and the transaction itself failed. Had to contact support to confirm it didn't go through at all.

They said nothing went through and iTunes gave me my monies back.

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod
Worth noting for newish players that AFAIK this is the lowest costumes have ever been -- usually on sale the 1250 go to 750 and the 750 don't get discounted at all.

Between that and the bonus crystal deal, now really is the time to whale away on all the costumes you like.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Welp, in the end I bought Wasp, Ronan, and Malekith's costumes. Already had Ronan mostly maxed out, so I guess it was a no brainer. Don't have Goliath at 4* yet, so I'll pass on him until I can afford to get him maxed out, same for Aunt-man.

Used some leftover tickets to 6* Wasp and Malekith, so I guess it's time to hoard more Blast norns.. Have a Mega Mastery ticket though, and I'm not sure who to use it on. Current candidates being: Wasp, Malekith, Hellstorm, and Black Bolt. Have enough crystals leftover to get his costume too I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Civil War widow by far, it let's you animation cancel her 6 which helps ab and wb bigly

• Locked thread