Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm not afraid to admit I keep daily tabs on the progress of the thread

If anything it's entertaining to watch the constant gently caress ups and schadenfreude that CIG offers up on a near daily basis

It's no different than people who watch the news or tmz just to see celebrities loving up , everyone loves when the rich and famous or pseudo famous get taken down a parp

She was alive. But I had my doubts when I first saw her like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Public service announcement:

Space Hulk Deathwing beta is now available to download through steam. (You might have to double click it to install it).

End of public service announcement, many fucks were probably not given anyway. :)

On topic:
Welcome back mighty Warlord, it's about bloody time. :D

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Nowadays I spend more time thinking about the rifle I'm building from the money I made selling ships. I spend more time than that on fantasy football, and more time than that on my daughter and family.

Yet seemingly every time I make a comment outside this forum I get deluged by people concerned about how obsessed I am.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sabreseven posted:

Space Hulk Deathwing beta is now available to download through steam. (You might have to double click it to install it).

End of public service announcement, many fucks were probably not given anyway. :)

On topic:

How is it?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Still downloading hehe :D I'll report back with my findings a bit later though :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Playing new Doom, not had this much fun in a while. gently caress me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

Been meaning to grab that when it goes on sale. Looks fun.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

New DOOM is fantastic. Nearly as good as Star Marine is going to be!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Acquilae posted:

"we're not obsessed with him, he's the one obsessed with us!"

Given this 100% on-topic thread of deep thought has a gazillion posts, I tend to think we are not obsessed. There is merely a perfect symbiotic relationship between goons, Uncle Derek, shitizens and CIG.

We are all in this together.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

New DOOM is fantastic. Nearly as good as Star Marine is going to be!

It makes CIGs stuff look so woefully bad it's almost painful

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I need to finish DOOM. Overwatch took over my gaming time, so I never finished it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

It makes CIGs stuff look so woefully bad it's almost painful

But the FOV isn't blocked by the visor!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
To put in context how much difference there is I play Star Citizen at any graphics setting I get 20 - 25 fps. I just played Doom on full everything and got 120 fps and had photoshop and office open in the background cos I forgot about them :v:

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Sabreseven posted:

On topic:

There's some deathwing gameplay here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCO0nWkKKsU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

But the FOV isn't blocked by the visor!

That's a lack of fidelity right there

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm thankful for Transformers Devastation being on sale for £8, because Megatron must be stopped. No matter the cost.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

To put in context how much difference there is I play Star Citizen at any graphics setting I get 20 - 25 fps. I just played Doom on full everything and got 120 fps and had photoshop and office open in the background cos I forgot about them :v:

Well after they add DirectX 12 support along with Vulkan this issue will go away in 3.0 and furthermore...

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Hello technomagicians, I'm looking to beef up my computer and maybe buy a new fancy monitor. Are there any neato Cyber Monday deals I should be made aware of and/or threads I should check out?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well after they add DirectX 12 support along with Vulkan this issue will go away in 3.0 and furthermore...

Agreed, they just need to switch it on

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

I'm thankful for Transformers Devastation being on sale for £8, because Megatron must be stopped. No matter the cost.

gently caress that guy, what's his problem anyway?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Sunswipe posted:

You've got the touch. Hopefully not the happy Alaskan touch.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

thatguy posted:

Hello technomagicians, I'm looking to beef up my computer and maybe buy a new fancy monitor. Are there any neato Cyber Monday deals I should be made aware of and/or threads I should check out?

Get more ssds

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

I think he's upset because his original toy had a pistol trigger for a crotch.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

I think for most 'competent' developers. The days of having to close down everything running in the background are over

I haven't had to do that in probably 5 years or more , I routinely have office discord a bunch of other programs all open while gaming

But I'm sure Crobberts will bring back the need for boot disks and ems/xms somehow.

Fidelity

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

Is that good? I mean obviously you wouldn't post about it here, in the home of posting about bad games if it were bad. But that seems like a low number of dollars, even in weirdo Moonpeople dollarydoos, and I like Transformers.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

Is that good? I mean obviously you wouldn't post about it here, in the home of posting about bad games if it were bad. But that seems like a low number of dollars, even in weirdo Moonpeople dollarydoos, and I like Transformers.

I noticed Doom last night for £13 so I grabbed it

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Tokamak posted:

I'll try to explain the reasoning behind it, because it is the same standard used across across almost every forum/reddit/chan. There is no hard or fast rule, and is just a common sense rule that moderators have developed through practice.

You are correct in the sense that it is a publicly accessible webpage, and is not technically private. However it is not information that people reading this thread would have access to without knowing what to specifically look for. It is like providing a key to a publicly visible hash table with billions of values. The information (values) were always there, but you'll never find it without the key. The information is private through obscurity. The Library of Babel has the doxx of everyone who has ever existed or will ever exist, and your deepest and most private secrets, but you'll never find it without a key.

You also have to take the motivations of the poster into consideration (which are generally not positive). So if you have an anonymous user who hasn't divulged any personally identifying information, making it available would be doxxing (regardless of technical visibility). The other extreme is someone who uses their actual name, and has readily accessible links to personal and business webpages (the sort of person who might be referred to as a 'public figure'). Generally linking to their name and business address isn't doxxing (but you might still get in trouble for starting drama). There are grey areas where someone might use a pseudonym but link to a personal blog which has their name (or links to another page with personal information). So moderators use common sense and intentions to determine whether it is considered is doxxing or not.

My rap sheet has a good example of roughly where the line is drawn (it was a helldump, but close enough). The person regularly posted links to their personal blog (which had their name and college where they were employed in an academic capacity) and treated their views as academic in nature. I posted information criticising their academic performance, which might be snarky but not out of place in an academic environment among peers. I was basically given a probation and warned not to dig any further, the post wasn't even removed. Would it be doxxing since I bought it up again? Probably not because the intention is good, and the information doesn't really matter unless you were a participant in that thread.

Chiming in to add, it's problematic because of the judgement that has to happen. For example, if I posted my steam account here, and my real name was on my steam account and publicly viewable? I wouldn't consider posting my name here doxxing, because I've just volunteered that info. If you googled my real name and found my real address, that WOULD be doxxing. If my facebook account was linked to my steam account and had my real address on it, publicly viewable, would it be doxxing to post it here? I doubt the mods would like it, but I wouldn't call it doxxing because again, I've handed over the key. This is especially true when someone is saying they have nothing to hide and openly inviting inspection of things they link. Doxxing is also a bit of a charged accusation to make. I doubt Derek would be nearly as pissed if he was just told he went over the line, although he might demand to know what line he'd crossed.

Also, thanks for the doggles beet!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Apparently, they've fixed the Terminators voices since that video so they don't spam too much or repeat lines endlessly and sound a bit 'mightier'.

I'm about to fire it up :hist101:

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Sabreseven posted:

Sweeeeet. Thank you good sir!

Sunswipe posted:

This is also a good and fun game that exists and is real. Anyone who ever wanted to play Bayonetta but lacked a console should doubly check this out.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I noticed Doom last night for £13 so I grabbed it

I'm looking at a game called Mother Russia Bleeds on Steam right now, it's like a side-scrolly beat-em-up and I've never been like a huge fan of those but it seems like it has a bitchin soundtrack and it's only like seven dollars.

Hmm... choices choices.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

:saddowns:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi everyone, hope youre all having a light hearted, emotionally balanced day. Just a quick reminder to call or visit your parents and relatives wherever possible, they love and care about you

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Sabreseven posted:

Apparently, they've fixed the Terminators voices since that video so they don't spam too much or repeat lines endlessly and sound a bit 'mightier'.

I'm about to fire it up :hist101:

They may sound mightier, but Termies look goofier the more they move.

Still, if the game is anywhere near as fun as Spessmreen was, it should be good.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Uh... I don't know how I missed the fact that they made a classic Transformers game and got the original voice actors to come back, but I'm installing that poo poo right now, thanks Sunswipe.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:glomp:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi everyone, hope youre all having a light hearted, emotionally balanced day. Just a quick reminder to call or visit your parents and relatives wherever possible, they love and care about you

you've changed

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Propagandist posted:

I wish people would recognize that we're all a little bit obsessed. Does SC have any bearing on my Actual Real Life Activities? No. But I read the thread, post buns, shitpost, emptyquote, and laugh at this fiasco. And I'm okay with that.

The idea that these people on Reddit somehow feel like they're normal is preposterous. Crikey. Keeeeripes, man. Wowzers. Yikes. Christ on his golden throne. Sheesh.

e: gosh!
It's not every day you get to see an obvious scam disaster with a literal cult following pouring tens of millions of dollars into an incinerator as it crashes in slow motion. Star Citizen is a special thing.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

I'm talking to my mom now

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I.N.R.I posted:

I'm glad your family is dead.

It gives you the insight to make sure we cherish our families.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Enjoy posted:

Butthole.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
The thread went how long without a single gaping rear end in a top hat? Worst we saw was an out of context partial ballsack.

A cavernous omen.

• Locked thread