Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ah, well, that answers that question! figures it would be covered in some of the background reading i can never remember to keep up on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Benson Cunningham posted:

Do you think Mammon's been growing that beard for a long time or is that what he wakes up with each morning?

He has to keep up with Solomon.

Pavlov posted:

Which is odd because, as was said, his race is supposed to hate him.

Hey, you gotta pay the bills.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Kill Six Bearded Demons

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Who do you suppose Incubus's beard is?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Solomon David and his facial hair are definitely my favorite characters

I can't wait until Allison and co. meet with him. Competent monsters are my favorite villains and apparently his empire is actually well-run.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

DarkCrawler posted:

Solomon David and his facial hair are definitely my favorite characters

I can't wait until Allison and co. meet with him. Competent monsters are my favorite villains and apparently his empire is actually well-run.
I imagine that Soloman's empire is an even more strict version of Singapore.

Chewing gum? Might lead to littering. Banned. First offense is a year and a day of slavery, second offense is death penalty.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Malpais Legate posted:

Who do you suppose Incubus's beard is?

We met her at the Concordance of Demiurges

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if Maya is the one who sold her key to old Mammon. After all, she's the only demiurge from that period asides from the Seven and old Zoss who is still about, yet she has no key. Of course, someone could've just taken it non-lethally or something, I dunno.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I've been wondering about this dude at Mottoms court for a while now, he must be an Emissary with a key

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-4-63-glory/

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-77/

I just realized in this panel that Jadis is trying to correct every 'he' to a 'she.'

Allison is the one foretold, and has been from the start. People just can't pay attention.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I read it as Jadis stuttering "The Success-- --*" for the entire servant rant and suddenly skipping straight to "Kill Six Billion Demons" as all five keys spark in response to the naming

Jackard fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 24, 2016

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, she's clearly trying to say "He is the successor's [partner]" but can't get the words out before her interpreter ran away with it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

My theory is that she's lying and telling them he's the successor because she wants Allison to release her from her horrible existence.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Something just occurred to me. As an Ebon devil, Cio was apparently able to steal the key from Mammon, but then she was still killed/busted down to Blue and the key recaptured. How exactly did that happen? Was she not able to use the key when she had it? Is that a devil thing, or that she wasn't sufficiently willful or whatever to command it? Or is Mammon just so big/powerful inside his vault that he was able to retake it anyway? I don't recall the exact order of power but I thought Mammon wasn't especially powerful and that was balanced by his size. He didn't win his key, after all, he bought it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mammon's the least powerful of the Seven, but he's still had a true key to a seventh of creation for thousands of years, he's still going to be incomprehensibly powerful anyway.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I also suspect that having his key stolen is why he's currently the least powerful. He presumably got it back, but that sort of thing takes it out of you, I figure.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Jackard posted:

I read it as Jadis stuttering "The Success-- --*" for the entire servant rant and suddenly skipping straight to "Kill Six Billion Demons" as all five keys spark in response to the naming

I think that's the easy interpretation but once we meet Jadis she's not going to be surprised at all about Allison's situation.

I also really want this: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-5-97/

to be an allusion to this: http://nedroid.com/2010/02/pop/

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

JT Jag posted:

I imagine that Soloman's empire is an even more strict version of Singapore.

Chewing gum? Might lead to littering. Banned. First offense is a year and a day of slavery, second offense is death penalty.

"Hey, beats being drafted into the death-army of a giant immortal hate-God or being exsanguinated for a buttfruit tree or something"

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 24, 2016

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Ah, Aesma's universe.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MikeJF posted:

Mammon's the least powerful of the Seven, but he's still had a true key to a seventh of creation for thousands of years, he's still going to be incomprehensibly powerful anyway.
He probably wasn't always that big. Being directly attuned to creation itself really helps you get riiiiiipped.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

JT Jag posted:

He probably wasn't always that big. Being directly attuned to creation itself really helps you get riiiiiipped.

The Jagganoth Program

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

JT Jag posted:

He definitely wasn't. I assume this http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-4-76/ is from directly into the post-war era (given five of them still look prepared for battle), and he's about twice Solomon's size.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
All the dudes get buff and the ladies get haggard, clearly keys are sexist.

Ashcans posted:

Something just occurred to me. As an Ebon devil, Cio was apparently able to steal the key from Mammon, but then she was still killed/busted down to Blue and the key recaptured. How exactly did that happen?
You know you're going to find out in an update or two?

Ashcans posted:

Was she not able to use the key when she had it? Is that a devil thing, or that she wasn't sufficiently willful or whatever to command it? Or is Mammon just so big/powerful inside his vault that he was able to retake it anyway? I don't recall the exact order of power but I thought Mammon wasn't especially powerful and that was balanced by his size. He didn't win his key, after all, he bought it.
I'm pretty sure she stole a fraction of the key's power, much as a fraction would be loaned to emissaries. Besides, we've seen with Allison that it takes time to figure out a key.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://twitter.com/LeflairZone/status/801854401598124032

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
maybe if the ladies didnt keep doing things like developing a reliance on grisly immortality buttfruit, or trying to catch a peek at the shape of creation, they too could get swole

hooooly shiiiiiit

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I lost it at "can kill with knees"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Positive role model

its true, i feel we should all aspire to grow up to be Yabalchoath

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

outfuckingstanding

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This is it, this is why the internet was made

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

That picture brings me great joy and happiness

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

oh my god

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mods: Please change the thread tittle to "KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS - Positive role model itt."

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

All the dudes get buff and the ladies get haggard, clearly keys are sexist.

Not entirely true, Incubus stopped existing corporeally, and you don't get less swole than that.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

hahaha

YESSSSSSS

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bilirubin posted:

hahaha

YESSSSSSS

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/LeflairZone/status/801854401598124032

(Also I finally made some time to read K6BD and holy poo poo was it ever worth it)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Ashcans posted:

Something just occurred to me. As an Ebon devil, Cio was apparently able to steal the key from Mammon, but then she was still killed/busted down to Blue and the key recaptured. How exactly did that happen? Was she not able to use the key when she had it? Is that a devil thing, or that she wasn't sufficiently willful or whatever to command it? Or is Mammon just so big/powerful inside his vault that he was able to retake it anyway? I don't recall the exact order of power but I thought Mammon wasn't especially powerful and that was balanced by his size. He didn't win his key, after all, he bought it.

Loyalty is cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Who What Now posted:

Not entirely true, Incubus stopped existing corporeally, and you don't get less swole than that.

Eternally Bishounen, on the other hand