Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HAHAHA! SFV is Smash now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Sometimes I wish I was less competitive. I absolutely hate losing which makes me practice a lot and try to improve, but equally losing fights online often makes me spiral really badly to the point that I stop having fun. Eventually just getting back to the rank I originally started at becomes a relief and I don't want to play any more for a long while. If I could just make myself chill out and take each fight as it comes I'd be a lot better as a player and be able to practice and play a lot more consistently.

But if I were less competitive would I even be interested in playing this game to begin with?

Beyond meaningless thoughts,
not meaningless tbh, evaluating these kinds of things for yourself does help you become a better player. I know I've posted this before, even recently, but playing and competing in fighters and any game really is heavily reliant on mindset.

if you get in a funk online grinding points, take a break, do training mode or just stop playing for a while. that's not a healthy mindset that's going to let you think clearly through problems and it's just not conducive to winning

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

bad metaphors posted:

Seems to me wakeup 3f jab is more dangerous anyways lol

If I get hit by a wakeup 3f it's because I haven't practiced my command throw timing enough.

How difficult can it be to reliably hit a 2f window anyway?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Is the pc version likely to go on sale for black friday/cyber monday? They still want 60 earth dollars for it right now on steam.

This is now 50% off fyi

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Current Steam sale is pretty accurate with it's ranking of Street Fighter games.

"Please don't buy SF4. We need to sell the garbage."

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
We get it, you don't like SFV. Message received.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

We get it, you don't like SFV. Message received.

No cheap shot is too cheap for me.

I wonder if SFxT installs a backdoor into your system to make you grind costume colors.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 23, 2016

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The last post in the SF4 thread was early this year so I assumed 5 killed 4's playerbase the same way revelator did with -sign-.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Had a super interesting two sets in a row this morning as FANG vs. a higher ranked Urien. I won the first two games when he tried to outgun me in a zoning war, matched up with him again and he won two in a row by making really good adjustments putting buttons in my face and doing a lot of shoulder charges to stay inside and ex headbutts to get out of my sweep->stuff set ups. I wish the game had an option to keep rematching if you both agree and maybe like, taking it out of ranked after 2-3 sets or something. I don't think I'm going to see that match up much but it was real cool to see someone adjust and know how to stop my poo poo.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 23, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The last post in the SF4 thread was early this year so I assumed 5 killed 4's playerbase the same way revelator did with -sign-.

There are still people playing SF4. I can usually pretty reliably find a couple of Europeans playing Ranked in any given day.
Not sure how many Americans are still playing though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

I agree completely with this; I've been a longtime fighting game fan, and most of my FG is experience is doing stuff like this. I'll play very casually with my friends, but mostly I like the mental/finger exercises of learning combos and beating the computer. Playing 1v1 against faceless strangers online generally isn't that fun, win or lose, and I sure as hell am not interested in devoting the sort of time to a fighting game that I'd need to play in a tournament. I just wanna kick back, do some super moves, and maybe unlock some costumes or characters.

there are some insanely bad people at tournaments especially for sfv. as well as literal children and people with disabilites, putting them at a tactical and strategic disadvantage. jump in gamer

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/nov/23/ono-nobody-said-akumas-street-fighter-5-laughs-we-actually-never-said-new-character-coming-all/

Get hyped for Akuma stage?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

quote:

Famitsu: That's what it meant?! Well then, at least we can confirm that there's something to personally experience at the PSX?

Ono: Yes. That's undeniable. But it's going to be something that betrays everyone's expectations, in a good way, I think.

Shin Dhalsim confirmed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ono should be his knickname too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Shin Dhalsim confirmed

Shin Dan

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I've actually forgone season passes on SFV because most of the chars are dumb and there's nothing else to spend FM on anyway. Bought Urien because you can make him speedo Urien.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I've actually forgone season passes on SFV because most of the chars are dumb and there's nothing else to spend FM on anyway. Bought Urien because you can make him speedo Urien.

Yeah most of the dlc characters are either bad or have charge moves and therefore not desirable to the bronze tier ken army

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
You've done good Ono. You brought back fighting games with SF4...

But maybe, you should just let go dude.

halwain
May 31, 2011

Its going to be a lovely arcade mode with akuma as the endboss.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Ono should just shut the gently caress up

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

ROFL Octopus posted:

Ono should just shut the gently caress up

he thinks it's still cute

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
*waves around Blanka toy*

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
You get a special stage animation in a new stage where akuma gives your opponent a raging demon after a KO in the corner, like he does with bipson in super turbo.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

that's not the proper comparison

sf5 is to sf4

what xrd was to XX R+

-sign- is to revalator what sf4 ae is to ultras f4

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That's the worst comparison I've ever seen

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

SectumSempra posted:

that's not the proper comparison

sf5 is to sf4

what xrd was to XX R+

-sign- is to revalator what sf4 ae is to ultras f4

no

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

That's the worst comparison I've ever seen

He's 100% correct, SFV is a sequel while Ultra is an expansion/rebalance patch.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

sf5 is to sf4 as sf4 was to like every other capcom game at the time

theres just a bunch of people pretending to like a newer, shittier game so hard they start to like it for real just because its the new one.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

You get a special stage animation in a new stage where akuma gives your opponent a raging demon after a KO in the corner, like he does with bipson in super turbo.

At this point that wouldn't surprise me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

👌👌👌

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jack Trades posted:

👌👌👌

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

xrd and revlator aren't different is what i'm getting at.

Revalator pre patch was literally xrd with new health bars and a different story.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

👌👌👌

I just wanted the part where they wink at eachother, but thats way to much effort.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

xrd and revlator aren't different is what i'm getting at.

Revalator pre patch was literally xrd with new health bars and a different story.

And new dusts and blitz charge

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Are in game purchases on sale as well? I'm at work so I can't check, but I'm curious

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

And new dusts and blitz charge

still follows the comparison tbf

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Christ I'm glad skies of honor isn't in tournaments, because it's occasionally made me queasy.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
So I'm forced to play skies of honor but I can't train on it. Nice.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
maybe the trouble with sf5 is too MUCH content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Guys I bought this on sale because I wanted to have something to play at locals when the other anime boys don't show up. (revelator pc when)

What's the best way to get fight money? Are people still getting banned for hacking it? I just wanna get all the characters.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 24, 2016