Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
None of you can compete with my families ability to concern troll over food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hollismason posted:

None of you can compete with my families ability to concern troll over food
but is it organic anyways

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
why are you eating the forbidden beast

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Because it is delicious

cinci zoo sniper posted:

but is it organic anyways

THE TURKEY WILL NOT BE TOO DRY

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Actually I think with Porsches the luggage space is called Das Boot

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

paging joeburz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF-nqkExhIY

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Actually I think with Porsches the luggage space is called Das Boot

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
https://apnews.com/1f78b6a0bd8542da85a9d87cec492661/Wild-turkeys-that-vanished-in-1800s-return-to-New-England

All these turkey stories make me think of avshalom

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Happy Genocide day, Americans.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Swan Oat posted:

how can you tell it doesnt have a finished basement from the picture

nz houses generally don't have basements. we're in the midst of a housing crisis, and the government is selling off state houses 😂

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Randler posted:

It's not the Fourth of July...? :confused:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

kustomkarkommando posted:

You could always use the traditional line of selling housing stock to raise money to build more state housing

lol

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I never said it was just a good idea. Just its something people keep suggesting

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i was lolling at the idea they'd propose building more

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/801781131515428864

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Ireland went from having a surplus of empty houses built on credit by speculative property developers lying half built and empty to an acute housing shortage in a couple of years. Turns out sinking millions into planned suburban estates no one particularly wants to live in and then going bankrupt isn't good for the housing market.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Randler posted:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

Ireland went from having a surplus of empty houses built on credit by speculative property developers lying half built and empty to an acute housing shortage in a couple of years. Turns out sinking millions into planned suburban estates no one particularly wants to live in and then going bankrupt isn't good for the housing market.

Is it an Irish housing shortage or a Dublin housing shortage

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
our middle class invests in housing instead of literally anything that's productive, and has since the 80s. 1% of the population is homeless

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Why would the Daily Heil every not support (Neo) Nazis? That would piss away Lord Rothermere's legacy.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

Is it an Irish housing shortage or a Dublin housing shortage

It's pretty much every city (so Dublin and Cork)

Dublin and its greater suburban area has like 40% of the Irish population though so a squeeze in Dublin is automatically a national crisis

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
these dinner rolls call for a concerning amount of yeast

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

From scratch that sounds good

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Is there any city with a housing surplus

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

Is there any city with a housing surplus

Detroit? They did a few years ago, at least.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Applied for a Steam refund with 111 in-game minutes and within 14 days if you count end of day instead of 24*14 hours.

Wonder if it goes through.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Applied for a Steam refund with 111 in-game minutes and within 14 days if you count end of day instead of 24*14 hours.

Wonder if it goes through.
they can be very lenient with the game refunds, but it appears to vary on publisher basis.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
So far I've done all the cooking myself and it only took about 2-3 hours total labor. Not bad imo

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

looks real good if you ask me

the kiss of death

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

they can be very lenient with the game refunds, but it appears to vary on publisher basis.

Well, it is below 2 hours and my understanding of 14 days is that a purchase made on the 10th can be refunded up until the 24th at 24:00. But Valve might be an exactly 1209600 seconds after purchase shop.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Gin and Juche posted:

So far I've done all the cooking myself and it only took about 2-3 hours total labor. Not bad imo

heh, how cute

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Well, it is below 2 hours and my understanding of 14 days is that a purchase made on the 10th can be refunded up until the 24th at 24:00. But Valve might be an exactly 1209600 seconds after purchase shop.
yes, what i am saying is that for plenty of stuff you can get refund with 3 hours played 6 months later, for some you cant with 1 minute played at the 1209601st second of the purchase. the rules are not enforced, and my best guess is that there are special arrangements on per-publisher basis with respect to what they do or do not find acceptable and what's the split on refund etc

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
kalstrams, I also need your bad MMO advise.

Is the basic Elder Scrolls Online for ~10 USD worth it, if I just want an open-world thing to screw around for a bit or should I get a modded Skyrim, Fallout 4 or Dragon's Dogma for that instead? (Assuming EU servers.)

While I received my glorous 45 € yearly bonus payout, I do not want to spend it all in one place for pay to win stuff.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
how is the gameplay of eso? is it markedly different from the boring slog of skyrim?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

paging berke

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
and by that i mean how insipid melee combat was

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

kalstrams, I also need your bad MMO advise.

Is the basic Elder Scrolls Online for ~10 USD worth it, if I just want an open-world thing to screw around for a bit or should I get a modded Skyrim, Fallout 4 or Dragon's Dogma for that instead? (Assuming EU servers.)

While I received my glorous 45 € yearly bonus payout, I do not want to spend it all in one place for pay to win stuff.
eso for $10 is worth it, i bought it on sale myself today. it is a very laid back open world mmo that is mostly story driven, similarly to tsw and swtor. most gamey of the bunch, id say, but in the 5 hours ive played so far i dont think ive had a quest to skin 10 board asses. sure, burn 5 siege weapons but they all were located next to each other and the quest took like a minute to do. mountains of people to talk to, books to read, etc, so you can as well just study dunmer kitchen for all that matters. there also raids and pvp i think, but i havent bothered that much with the game yet, im just exploring things.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

how is the gameplay of eso? is it markedly different from the boring slog of skyrim?
its a mix between an elder scrolls game and a guild wars 2 style mmorpg. skyrim is a boring slog only if rush through main storyline, or dislike fantasy, or rpg games in general. e: oh yeah, unmodded melee combat is not fantastic by any means, eso will hardly take you beyond that, unless you really are into flashy screen effects for the sake of it

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 24, 2016

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Happy thanksgiving, y'all, and a happy thursday to anyone who doesn't celebrate the slaughter of a million native americans each november! :wave:

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

i forgot to loving put salt in my loving dinner rolls

gently caress everything

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

happy thanksgiving guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010