Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Zore posted:

If they get EXP from the battle they get EVs.

This includes if you have the exp share on.

Gotcha, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

This Tauros run thing really trivializes breeding in a great way. After about 45 minutes I bred enough Rowlets to get both Popplio and Litten off the GTS :toot:

It took you 45 minutes to breed and hatch 2 eggs!?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Carlosologist posted:

Nasty Plot Alolan Raichu hits like a truck, very happy that my friend Raichu gets a much deserved boost

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Can you not breed starter Pokemon into different Pokeballs? I didn't play much of Gen 5 or 6 so I don't know when they changed it so hatched Pokemon inherited Pokeballs from their mother, but I saw in this Gen that they can also inherit from the father, and now I'm semi-obsessed with getting cool Pokeballs for my whole team. Except Popplio doesn't seem to want to be in anything other than a standard Pokeball. I have a female Popplio in a regular Pokeball, and the father is a Poliwag in a Dive Ball. I've bred probably a dozen or so Popplio and they're all in regular Pokeballs. When I did this for my Misdreavus, I had a father in a Luxury Ball and the mother in an Ultra, and the rate was just about even for which Pokeball the child ended up in. Was this because they were both Misdreavus? I tried looking at Serebii and googling but I'm not finding much to help me understand.

Sorry if this has been brought up somewhere, the thread's 500 pages and I've not been in it since SuMo came out.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
:lol: Didn't realize Kangaskhan was a 1%er. That was one of the trades I made for a starter on GTS.

Khanstant posted:

It took you 45 minutes to breed and hatch 2 eggs!?

Nah I was breeding like a fiend, that was just one of the things I did. I bred like 4 of the starters and Mimikyu and Bagon a buddy of mine.

Bagon did take a long time though because he and Ditto did not like each at all, apparently. Now I have a Bagon named Sausage, so it's cool.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 24, 2016

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

"game sync failed because the game sync id wasn't registered at the pokemon global link"
I wish I never touched that computer in the castle this is a really annoying extra three button clicks for eternity I've doomed myself to.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

:3:

the creation of Type: Null really sucks, but the fact that the data acquired to make it came from Sinnoh only boosts the odds of seeing Sinnoh again this gen

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Is there some mechanic going with Mimikyu and Luxury Balls? I only caught mine once i threw the Luxury Ball i had, and in today's episode of the anime, Mimikyu parried every single pokeball thrown at him until Jessie used Jame's Luxury Ball.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

I got a shiny pichu first catch? But now I can't get the fucker to evolve, is there some trick other than soothe bell and what not?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

:lol: Didn't realize Kangaskhan was a 1%er. That was one of the trades I made for a starter on GTS.

Nah I was breeding like a fiend, that was just one of the things I did. I bred like 4 of the starters and Mimikyu and Bagon a buddy of mine.

Bagon did take a long time though because he and Ditto did not like each at all, apparently. Now I have a Bagon named Sausage, so it's cool.

Yeah, I still haven't beaten the game but am almost at 50% pokedex. I have half the ultra beasts and a type null from trading my egg farm around. All three starters, totodile, honedge, feebas, mimikyu, mareanie. so far nobodies been willing to part with with a cosmog or the last ultra beasts, but I'm still hopeful.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Is there some mechanic going with Mimikyu and Luxury Balls? I only caught mine once i threw the Luxury Ball i had, and in today's episode of the anime, Mimikyu parried every single pokeball thrown at him until Jessie used Jame's Luxury Ball.

Nope. Just caught one with an ultra ball ten minutes ago.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I actually still have my Kangaskhan, that must have been one of the trades that failed. I still have Bagon, Kangaskhan and Mimikyu if anybody wants to do some trading.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Since everyone is apparently getting shiny Pichu's, I just want to say that I'd trade anything for one :( I've chained hundreds and hatched even more.

:swoon:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I knew this was going to be a good Pokémon game when the very first reference you can come across is a Steven King reference. The pokedex entries made my assumption right!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is there any reason to turn off Exp Share if, say, there's a Pokemon in my party that I don't plan to use? How much EXP am I "wasting"?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Is there any reason to turn off Exp Share if, say, there's a Pokemon in my party that I don't plan to use? How much EXP am I "wasting"?

You don't lose XP by using Exp Share, it's just extra. I turn it off to preserve some difficulty.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

this thread moves too fast for me to keep up with but i need to say that malasadas own

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Andrast posted:

You don't lose XP by using Exp Share, it's just extra. I turn it off to preserve some difficulty.
That seems insanely overpowered. They would have done just as well if it reduced the EXP that the active Pokemon got.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

maybe malasadas dont own in game but that's because there's too much dialogue involved

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Vegetable posted:

That seems insanely overpowered. They would have done just as well if it reduced the EXP that the active Pokemon got.

They used to do that with previous gens i think, as well as sharing xp among pokemon involved in a battle, but it turns out that way was way boring and some people have like 100 pokemon in backlog they're trying to level up

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Vegetable posted:

Yes, using exp share breaks the game if you aren't actively using more than 6 pokemon. Turn it off if you want a challenge.

Though you might want to turn it back on once you reach Poni Island. I kept it off the whole game and by the E4 I was fighting pokemon 10 levels above mine.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Go to route 8 to find the teddy bear, walk into grass, immediately fight a female Salandit? Ok.

Do things that you breed have a better chance of passing down their sex?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vegetable posted:

it is and you'll end up way way overleveled if you leave it on, but it does allow you to rotate in a bunch of pokemon without worrying about grinding. you can have like 12+ pokemon at parity with the game just by swapping out the ones that are getting too high level, which is nice if you can't decide what you want to use

also it's a tool for little kids to crush the difficulty curve so they don't get stuck. it's not for you, 20+ y/o pokemon player

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

jarbv posted:

this thread moves too fast for me to keep up with but i need to say that malasadas own

malasadas are just beignets by a different name

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I knew this was going to be a good Pokémon game when the very first reference you can come across is a Steven King reference. The pokedex entries made my assumption right!

It's actually a reference to the first gen in which there was a Steven King reference

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The plot just goes into maximum overdrive in Po Town now does it.

What's the post game situation here btw

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Soul Glo posted:

Do things that you breed have a better chance of passing down their sex?

no, just the same chance as for the species (i.e. a female Meganium will still have an 87.5% chance of producing a male Chikorita)

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Could anyone hook me up with a timid abra? I'm trying to get my ultrabeasts.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I think I'm gonna start over. I love my Grimer too much to Box him late game when my cat who I can take or leave becomes fire dark. am I going to lose my mystery box Munchlax? Do those only go once?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I want to get into the Battle Tree to finish up all the Trainer Card stamps, what's a good team to faceroll singles? Preferably something that doesn't require too much work (I have access to all pokemon, but if I can use 1-2 UBs/Tepus that helps with not having to level stuff). I remember someone mentioning Tepu Koko and Xurkitree being a ridiculous combo, confirm/deny/suggest a third member for that team?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

corn in the bible posted:

It's actually a reference to the first gen in which there was a Steven King reference

Oh drat! Does the goon who worked on the translation/localization on the early games still post?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Crosspeice posted:

Took a while, but I found a female Salandit, so that's my fifth member. Was wondering if I was gonna find a shiny or a Kangaskhan before I found one.

the first pokemon I found in that area was a female salandit

So was the second

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Exp share won't make you way, way overleveled in this game. There's just a section of the game where pokemon are like low 30s and then right after they're mid 40s. If you kept exp share on but never did any grinding you'd be over the 30s section--full of team skull, so it was totally on purpose--but would be at-level for what comes after until the end of the game. With exp share on the E4 and champion out-leveled me.

BLUNDERCATS! noooo
Oct 30, 2008

Anung Un Rama, Urush Un Rama
Is the best way to level up post-game currently just beating Elite 4 over and over?

If so, is it worth it to use Compound Eyes + Thief to farm SOS Chanseys for more Lucky Eggs?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Bad Moon posted:

I think I'm gonna start over. I love my Grimer too much to Box him late game when my cat who I can take or leave becomes fire dark. am I going to lose my mystery box Munchlax? Do those only go once?

Yeah find someone to hold onto it for you and pass it back because you only ever get one mystery gift. I accidentally tossed out my shaymee or whatever that way.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

BLUNDERCATS! noooo posted:

Is the best way to level up post-game currently just beating Elite 4 over and over?

If so, is it worth it to use Compound Eyes + Thief to farm SOS Chanseys for more Lucky Eggs?

They don't have lucky eggs in this game, just lucky punch.

The best exp is from a max rank rare kitchen in festival plaza, but second-best is probably E4 yeah.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Krinkle posted:

shaymee or whatever

Shaymin, it means gratitude hedgehog

BLUNDERCATS! noooo
Oct 30, 2008

Anung Un Rama, Urush Un Rama

Decus posted:

They don't have lucky eggs in this game, just lucky punch.

The best exp is from a max rank rare kitchen in festival plaza, but second-best is probably E4 yeah.

Oh hell, are you absolutely sure? I've seen people saying they have a 5% at the Lucky Egg but no concrete evidence, I think they're just pulling data from X/Y.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Third loving male snow warning vulpix in this stupid chain. I just need a female so I can breed Moonblast. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

This game is really fun and cool but god drat is the call for help feature bullshit. Just got into a fight with a Morelull. Took it down to 1/3 health, it called another Morelull, they spammed flash/mega drain/moonlight until they ground out the rest of my team.

And I couldn't run because the RNG hates me.