Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
It's a Core M3, although running at 7 watts instead of 4.5 (with a cheeky undervolt on cpu & gpu to help keep the heat down).

Minor caveat is that I'm running it at min details on 1680 x 1050 (native is 1900x1200, bit too much out of a HD515), and have to keep the maps to duel/tiny/small unless I want to wait too long at late game for turns (three opponents is fine), but apart from that it's more than playable.

If things get a bit too manic in the information ages onwards with units all over the shop, I tend to chuck it into strategy view to finish; switching out for the occasional pretty nuclear mushroom of course.

Anyway, works great. If you have - I suppose - something like a Surface 4 you ought to be golden.

edit: Oops, civilized catte tax

Tippis posted:

NOOOooooOOooooOOO°°°°° :bodyguard-dive:

Don't do it! You only have one life! Don't ruin it this way.

j oi n . . . uss sss...

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Google Butt posted:

i dont get it, can you explain this post?

Look at his rap sheet. It is like "Oh, I can say bad things and not get punched? Imma say ALL the bad things."

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

lol

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

don't say cripes

please?
Bike helmets.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

...on your tablet? :ohdear:

which chipset you got?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Salt n Reba McEntire posted:

It's a Core M3, although running at 7 watts instead of 4.5 (with a cheeky undervolt on cpu & gpu to help keep the heat down).

Minor caveat is that I'm running it at min details on 1680 x 1050 (native is 1900x1200, bit too much out of a HD515), and have to keep the maps to duel/tiny/small unless I want to wait too long at late game for turns (three opponents is fine), but apart from that it's more than playable.

If things get a bit too manic in the information ages onwards with units all over the shop, I tend to chuck it into strategy view to finish; switching out for the occasional pretty nuclear mushroom of course.

Anyway, works great. If you have - I suppose - something like a Surface 4 you ought to be golden.

edit: Oops, civilized catte tax

You have the 6y30, same as me. I did a thermal mod on my tablet so I could maybe up the wattage a bit, the default is 7 watts.

gently caress, I've been Civ free for more than a year, this'll be a challenge.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

I shall try to be strong, I will give my sponsor a call

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You have the 6y30, same as me. I did a thermal mod on my tablet so I could maybe up the wattage a bit, the default is 7 watts.

gently caress, I've been Civ free for more than a year, this'll be a challenge.

That's the kitty. Oh hay, you got the same tablet, didn't you? Yeah, it runs fine!

DO EEEET.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Thanks a lot Star Citizen thread. This is in my feed now. :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Raskolnikov posted:

It's good for you.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Raskolnikov posted:

He's a fine gentleman and goon who makes very good ksp videos, your feed is enhanced by his presence.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Scott Manley owns what is wrong with you

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Raskolnikov posted:

Also the few time he reviewed SC "progress" it was a fair asessement without hype or hyperbole (he did, of coure caught flack from the cultist for it)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Scott Manley plays Star Citizen!!?!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kakarot posted:

I think he's stopped trying to play star citizen for the most part because the production is taking so long

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Kakarot posted:

You don't simply 'play' Star Citizen.
You experience it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

if you dont keep an eye on your wallet, star citizen plays you

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Kakarot posted:

He does all space games. He was nice. He liked the graphics but bitched about how it took him hours to make a twenty minute vid from all the crashing.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

alf_pogs posted:

if you dont keep an eye on your wallet, star citizen plays you

:golfclap:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Scott Manley is great

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Salt n Reba McEntire posted:

That's the kitty. Oh hay, you got the same tablet, didn't you? Yeah, it runs fine!

DO EEEET.

nah, I've got 1080p resolution so it's not the exact same thingy. maybe they're cousins?

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

peter gabriel posted:

Scott Manley is great

This.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Propagandist posted:

I wish people would recognize that we're all a little bit obsessed. Does SC have any bearing on my Actual Real Life Activities? No. But I read the thread, post buns, shitpost, emptyquote, and laugh at this fiasco. And I'm okay with that.

The idea that these people on Reddit somehow feel like they're normal is preposterous. Crikey. Keeeeripes, man. Wowzers. Yikes. Christ on his golden throne. Sheesh.

e: gosh!

Darn.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Dadgumit! Durned foul language bothers me something fierce!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Kakarot posted:

SC is a shopping experience. You dont "play" it.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Chin posted:

It's not every day you get to see an obvious scam disaster with a literal cult following pouring tens of millions of dollars into an incinerator as it crashes in slow motion. Star Citizen is a special thing.

For special people.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi everyone, hope youre all having a light hearted, emotionally balanced day. Just a quick reminder to call or visit your parents and relatives wherever possible, they love and care about you

Your mother called me and wants to know why you never call anymore.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

Dadgumit! Durned foul language bothers me something fierce!

Are you afeared of all these foul mouthed yungins?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
oval office.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Poo bum.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Breetai posted:

Poo bum.

:ohdear:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
turns out that marshmallow yam guy wasnt crazy

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/26482/candied-yams/

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

He lost a dance-off to someone better and never really got over it.

There were two guys in full stilt exoskeleton suits cosplaying Optimus and Megatron at Comic Con SD this year, having an actual dance off with their helmets (”heads”) off, next to a blacklatteface Michael Jackson with a boombox built into a white Smooth Criminal suit.

For all its nerdiness - the best con moment i've ever seen.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
On topic, did we ever get any resolution of the rumour that gravity in Star Citizen is restricted to on plane when not in a ship? IE that there's a universal gravitational North between all map locations that would basically preclude spherical planets?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Breetai posted:

oval office.

This is my favorite word in the English language when proceeded by a "You", nothing else quite conveys it's meaning with such direct severity and no other word can cause such grief amongst members of polite society.

Add it to any sentance to immediately gain the complete and undivided attention of all cunts who are within earshot. :)

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Breetai posted:

On topic, did we ever get any resolution of the rumour that gravity in Star Citizen is restricted to on plane when not in a ship? IE that there's a universal gravitational North between all map locations that would basically preclude spherical planets?

Gravity will be in alpha for the next 4 years at least. It's not a very important aspect to prioritize at the moment, given that they need to model all the weapons and ships first.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Plural Abysss posted:

CIG wants our feedback regarding the game launcher

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LRZDB5R

I love that their topmost concern is what people do while they wait for the 100 gigabytes to download, not actually fixing the requirement to download the 100 gigabytes in the first place.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

cool new Polack jokes posted:

To me this is like face goatse, it's just so unnatural and unnerving

Who thought this was suitable for public consumption? It's like I'm looking at someone's nightmare.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

This is my favorite word in the English language when proceeded by a "You", nothing else quite conveys it's meaning with such direct severity and no other word can cause such grief amongst members of polite society.

Add it to any sentance to immediately gain the complete and undivided attention of all cunts who are within earshot. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XejmvCKFmzM&t=75s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

orcinus posted:

I love that their topmost concern is what people do while they wait for the 100 gigabytes to download, not actually fixing the requirement to download the 100 gigabytes in the first place.

Shitizens are giving millions a month to a dev team that can't figure out how to do incremental patching to their game. After trying to implement it for 4 years, and even after hiring a special developer to work on their patcher exclusively. Let that sink in.

• Locked thread