Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This is like the liberal version of "they won't say 'Radical Islamic Terror.'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

her entire thing before jumping onto Bernie was being the Democrat Fox and all could call to huff about how Obama needs to man up and bomb more people and call it Radical Islam and stop having talks with Muslim community leaders and focus on fighting the war and poo poo.

As soon as she got with Sanders it became 'oh yea the war is totally bad, how dare he'.

Where can I read about this?

She's against escalating in Syria and against arms sales to Saudi Arabia that are used to murder civilians in Yemen.

These look good to me.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

All good and true opinions, our proxy war in Syria has achieved nothing but death and destruction.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Tatum Girlparts posted:

her entire thing before jumping onto Bernie was being the Democrat Fox and all could call to huff about how Obama needs to man up and bomb more people and call it Radical Islam and stop having talks with Muslim community leaders and focus on fighting the war and poo poo.

As soon as she got with Sanders it became 'oh yea the war is totally bad, how dare he'.
sanders possibly being the only dealer of reality in the senate makes it a greater than zero chance that he actually convinced her

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

AngryBooch posted:

Where can I read about this?

She's against escalating in Syria and against arms sales to Saudi Arabia that are used to murder civilians in Yemen.

These look good to me.

The Clinton wing absolutely hates it when folks suggest that we deescalate our "nation-building" programs. Tulsi is absolutely correct that focusing on destroying ISIS (a mess we created) rather than on tearing down more governments makes way more sense.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Tatum Girlparts posted:

you of course are going to show us some sources right?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

*20 y/o reads CNN* wow this congressperson opposes our good and just plan to actively spread peace and democracy, what the HECK *year is 2003 and they are reading about Iraq*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

All good and true opinions, our proxy war in Syria has achieved nothing but death and destruction.

hill folk have a lust for nation building adventures despite the failures in Iraq and Libya.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

sanders possibly being the only dealer of reality in the senate makes it a greater than zero chance that he actually convinced her

Those tweets could be from after her meeting with Trump, so she could have just as well been convinced by him.

It's just weird to complain about not assigning blame to one faction in a multipolar ethnic/sectarian civil war.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the corporate oligarchs will take every dirty trick they can to undermine populists, this isn't exactly a surprise but people fall for it every time

maybe people don't actually deserve democracy

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
chuggins

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Those tweets could be from after her meeting with Trump, so she could have just as well been convinced by him.

It's just weird to complain about not assigning blame to one faction in a multipolar ethnic/sectarian civil war.

She's been against the no fly zone idea ever since both Clinton and Trump said they were for one.

I think she holds the correct positron that the US should not attempt to loving play chicken with Russia and implement a no fly zone, she's not absolving Assad as much as asking what the gently caress are we doing? Is this poo poo worth it? Then why the gently caress are we there?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
stay safe hillary

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the corporate oligarchs will take every dirty trick they can to undermine populists, this isn't exactly a surprise but people fall for it every time

maybe people don't actually deserve democracy

She was another shill for Hill

quote:

In a January 2015 email, campaign spokesman Nick Merill wrote, “We have has a very good relationship with Maggie Haberman of Politico over the last year. We have had her tee up stories for us before and have never been disappointed.”

Now she works to destroy any attempts by progressives to reform the DNC

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Once a million souls are sacrificed in the name of neoconservatism, Margaret Thatcher will be released from her prison and lead the West to a new golden age.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

sullat posted:

Once a million souls are sacrificed in the name of neoconservatism, Margaret Thatcher will be released from her prison and lead the West to a new golden age.

But it won't include dental.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

sullat posted:

a million souls was reached within months

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

logikv9 posted:

stay safe hillary

get hosed, hillary

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

Get the professional class to realize they are also working class, benefit from many of the same things, and have many of the same interests just in a different environment. At least for younger professionals, focus on the difficulty even the professional class now has accumulating and keeping wealth - no matter how high their income gets, they're still drowning in debt to the extent their net worth is hardly more than that of rural blue collar workers. Draw contrasts between that and the robber barons doing everything they can to raise property prices and rents and make real progress in the professional class more difficult for their own benefit.
this is a pretty amazing prognosis and i'd promote it if the loudest of the "professional class" weren't such neoliberal liberterian trash and are thus hellbent on downplaying such a concept up until they get laid off then they disappear into a gun in their mouth instead of become humbled and actually start lobbying to improve everyone's lives, which takes effort

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

Note that I didn't disagree with anything she said. I don't like or trust her because Correct Opinions doesn't make her views on muslims O.K.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

democrats should drop the gun issue. it alienates too many voters.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
What has the Democrats' being pro-gun-control actually achieved? I'm a non-American and I genuinely don't know. What legislation have they had passed and (to the extent that anyone can know) how effective has it been?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Parallax Scroll posted:

it's still an important issue

though perhaps there are somewhat more pressing issues at the moment, like the orange goblin

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
hell i've started thinking about buying a gun. why should right-wing lunatics be the only ones with the means to protect themselves from the government?

firebeats
May 8, 2016

Parallax Scroll posted:

:agreed:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

they need to focus on the actually harmful guns: CC handguns and assault rifles. rn it's just too easy for republicans to rally hunters. I think bob Casey does it well

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
should buy guns, guns are cool and fun. even in canada. im a card carrying member of two gun rights organizations up here in kkkanada, only political stuff i donate to

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Clipperton posted:

What has the Democrats' being pro-gun-control actually achieved? I'm a non-American and I genuinely don't know. What legislation have they had passed and (to the extent that anyone can know) how effective has it been?

major cities like Chicago and NYC have restricted gun sales, which means you have to drive half an hour out of state to buy one

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Baloogan posted:

should buy guns, guns are cool and fun. even in canada. im a card carrying member of two gun rights organizations up here in kkkanada, only political stuff i donate to

lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Ex2rVOUWs

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

theflyingexecutive posted:

they need to focus on the actually harmful guns: CC handguns and assault rifles. rn it's just too easy for republicans to rally hunters. I think bob Casey does it well

the language destroys them because they obviously have no idea what the gently caress they're talking about.
how do you define an "assault rifle"? obviously a bunch of nebulous bullshit about the dimensions of the gun and not the fact that you can fire it 20+ times without reloading, which is the actual problem

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fullhouse posted:

the language destroys them because they obviously have no idea what the gently caress they're talking about.
how do you define an "assault rifle"? obviously a bunch of nebulous bullshit about the dimensions of the gun and not the fact that you can fire it 20+ times without reloading, which is the actual problem

it's a assault rifle if it scares liberals

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Ban all magazine fed firearms.

Revolvers only.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Clipperton posted:

in a fit of modern irony, it was hilariously taken up to score votes with racist white voters in the south

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Parallax Scroll posted:

most agree with the gun regulations that have been brought up recently tho

Fullhouse posted:

iirc that's because gun manufacturers would create work arounds to any technical regulations/limits they put on guns

i remember it being brought up here before, so take it with a grain of salt and i am too full of turkey to look it up atm

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
That's why you specify revolvers, and limit the number of cylinders to 6.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

canada restricts the number of rounds you can put in a rifle magazine to 5, which means the Baloogans of the north can still put big holes in beer cans and elk with military surplus weaponry but can't take the same weapon into a public place and kill two dozen people in under a minute

turns out those are kind of easy to work around though: http://globalnews.ca/news/619165/packing-heat-how-gun-law-loopholes-tripled-canadas-rifle-magazine-limits/

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Ban all magazine fed firearms.

Revolvers only.

i'd be ok with this too tbh

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Don't care about guns but the nra doesn't care about gun owners they only care about manufacturers

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/801856757333131266

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/801857692725821440

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/80185871639191961

Keith good

Get active

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

That's why you specify revolvers, and limit the number of cylinders to 6.

6 shots.

more than enough to kill anything that moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Fullhouse posted:

canada restricts the number of rounds you can put in a rifle magazine to 5, which means the Baloogans of the north can still put big holes in beer cans and elk with military surplus weaponry but can't take the same weapon into a public place and kill two dozen people in under a minute

turns out those are kind of easy to work around though: http://globalnews.ca/news/619165/packing-heat-how-gun-law-loopholes-tripled-canadas-rifle-magazine-limits/

i'd be ok with this too tbh

im also totally fine with our FBI (the rcmp) doing background checks before buying, and a 2 day course on gun safety and laws

problem is the rcmp have theri own ideas of what the laws mean but i got nothing fancy, hell i got nothing designed post 1900 and my next purchase is gonna be one of those tiny cannons or a musket

• Locked thread