Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mr. Meeseeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Kirk Cousins owns, we should have won this game

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Kirk Cousins is good.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
10 straight. God is good.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Dallas Cowboys will own the NFC East the way the Patriots own the AFC East. It's on.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
10 AND loving 1

EAT IT LOSERS

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm in silent protest.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Dak is right now the greatest rookie QB in NFL history through 11 games

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheChirurgeon posted:

10 AND loving 1

EAT IT LOSERS

:thumbsup:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

blue squares posted:

Dak is right now the greatest rookie QB in NFL history through 11 games

The greatest 195 yard game of all time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a new study bible! posted:

The greatest 195 yard game of all time.

Dude have you answered for your Aghalor posting?

It haunts me. I can't let go.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Dak is good but he can literally just sit there behind that line and throw the ball

Cowboys oline is so good and they dont even seem to get hurt

Thats Some bullshit.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

Dak is good but he can literally just sit there behind that line and throw the ball

Thats Some bullshit.

La'el Collins has been out since the start of the season, it's just that Leary is better right now

Smith also missed a game or two in there but no one noticed

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Thats Some bullshit.

he can also run all over the place and score touchdowns with his feet

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I didn't even think about how the Vikings loss helped the Eagles today beyond draft position.

Here is a look at the complete NFC playoff picture this moment after today:

1. Dallas Cowboys (10-1)
2. Seattle Seahawks (7-2-1)
3. Detroit Lions (7-4)
4. Atlanta Falcons (7-4)
5. Giants (7-3)
6. Redskins (6-4-1)

IN THE HUNT:

7. Minnesota Vikings (6-5)
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-5)
9. Eagles (5-5)
10. Arizona Cardinals (4-5-1)

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
The Giants are really dangerous right now. I thought it would take another year for their defense to get good but they've improved a lot and even though I think they're still wildly unbalanced they're almost a lock to make the playoffs at this point, and I suspect the worst-case for them is 10-6 right now.

What I'm saying is I want them to lose to the Seahawks in the playoffs.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Skins still lacking in the redzone.

They do need to run the ball more but if you're going to throw 53 times you can do worse than 450 yards.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Good game... I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be. We had our chances. Maybe we get a third chance in the playoffs.

Happy Thanksgiving to the rest of you filthy NFCE animals.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
I was hoping Dallas' defense would hold up better than Green Bay's but injuries really took a toll on us. Cousins was able to abuse Brown all game, and he never got any of the safety help he needed. Washington got some favorable non-calls on defense early on but we were clearly outclassed in the "our-defense-vs-their-offense" matchup. I was surprised Reed was able to tough it out and come back in--that made a huge difference for Washington late in the game.

Good game to watch, though

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Grittybeard posted:

Dude have you answered for your Aghalor posting?

It haunts me. I can't let go.

Yeah I said that Agholor is shook and will probably never be good for the Eagles, but if he maybe gets his mind right he'll be a serviceable #2 elsewhere. Not for Philly though.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

The Vikings are toast. Skins really just need to keep out the Eagles and the Bucs, which seems very doable.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/status/802198740362739712

I'm sure the other games did just as well.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

straight up brolic posted:

The Vikings are toast. Skins really just need to keep out the Eagles and the Bucs, which seems very doable.

If they can win the next two road games, they're pretty much in. Even if they don't, they are in a very good position as long as they beat the Eagles. They finish against the Panthers, Bears and Giants.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

straight up brolic posted:

The Vikings will likely lose to the Cowboys, but Washington may struggle against the Panthers and Giants. @Cardinals and @Eagles could be tough, and if they lose @Eagles they may suddenly be fighting the re-energized Eagles for a wildcard spot.

If I had to guess, here's how I'd predict the remaining games falling out:

Cowboys: 3-2 (win @Vikings, v Bucs, v Lions, likely loss @Giants, @Eagles, but could go anywhere from 2-3 to 5-0)
Giants: 3-3 (every game they play is close, but they'll probably beat the Browns and lose to the Steelers)
Washington: 2-3 (going to drop at least 2 games in @Cardinals, @Eagles, Giants, and Panthers)
Eagles: 4-2 (Hardest to predict. Easy schedule, but bad offense means they may not be able to take advantage. Not good enough to run the table, but will probably win v Packers, @Bengals, vs Cowboys, and one of @Ravens, v Washington, v Giants).

Final predictions:
Cowboys 13-3 (1-seed)
Giants 10-6 (wildcard)
Eagles 9-7 (wildcard)
Washington 8-7-1 (miss playoffs)

Ultimately I think Washington is a better team than Philly right now but Philly has the easier upcoming schedule. That said, Philly is a real tossup, since while their defense can keep them in any game, their offense is really bad and unable to put games away or come from behind. They're basically the anti-NFC East, I guess. I have no idea what to make of the Giants right now. Their offense is super unbalanced and I can't tell if their defense is any good, since they suddenly seem to be playing better, but that coincides with a 4-game stretch against the offenses of the Rams, Eagles, Bears, and Bengals, and will probably continue to look amazing against the Browns on Sunday. More likely they have a mediocre defense and are just as lopsided as Washington and the Cowboys.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

The Vikings will likely lose to the Cowboys, but Washington may struggle against the Panthers and Giants. @Cardinals and @Eagles could be tough, and if they lose @Eagles they may suddenly be fighting the re-energized Eagles for a wildcard spot.

Cowboys: 3-2 (win @Vikings, v Bucs, v Lions, likely loss @Giants, @Eagles, but could go anywhere from 2-3 to 5-0)
Giants: 3-3 (every game they play is close, but they'll probably beat the Browns and lose to the Steelers)
Washington: 2-3 (going to drop at least 2 games in @Cardinals, @Eagles, Giants, and Panthers)
Eagles: 4-2 (Hardest to predict. Easy schedule, but bad offense means they may not be able to take advantage. Not good enough to run the table, but will probably win v Packers, @Bengals, vs Cowboys, and one of @Ravens, v Washington, v Giants).

Final predictions:
Cowboys 13-3 (1-seed)
Giants 10-6 (wildcard)
Eagles 9-7 (wildcard)

Ultimately I think Washington is a better team than Philly right now but Philly has the easier upcoming schedule. That said, Philly is a real tossup, since while their defense can keep them in any game, their offense is really bad and unable to put games away or come from behind. They're basically the anti-NFC East, I guess. I have no idea what to make of the Giants right now. Their offense is super unbalanced and I can't tell if their defense is any good, since they suddenly seem to be playing better, but that coincides with a 4-game stretch against the offenses of the Rams, Eagles, Bears, and Bengals, and will probably continue to look amazing against the Browns on Sunday. More likely they have a mediocre defense and are just as lopsided as Washington and the Cowboys.

Ultimately i have the season playing out similarly to you, though I have the Cowboys beating the Giants to finish 14-2, and the Eagles sweeping the division home games but losing to the Ravens and Bengals (LOL 8-0 at home, 1-7 on the road)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm not about this whole division love. But I'd be so down with 3 NFCE teams in the playoffs for the hilarity if our rise out of medicocrity.

And knocking the Cowboys AND Giants out of the playoffs in the playoffs would be The Best

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Final predictions:
Cowboys 13-3 (1-seed)
Giants 10-6 (wildcard)
Eagles 9-7 (wildcard)

I see the Skins holding on to that 6th seed. I think they can win 3 of the last 5 (@Arizona, @Chicago, Giants who may be playing for nothing at that point), which would put them at 9-6-1.

If that happened and they were to win vs the NFN or NFCS division winner in the wildcard round, that would almost certainly set up a third Dallas-Washington game. :getin:

BTW Jordan Reed has a grade 3 AC joint tear, which is basically a separated shoulder. Amazing he played so well after that.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 25, 2016

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

NattyBo posted:

I see the Skins holding on to that 6th seed. I think they can win 3 of the last 5 (@Arizona, @Chicago, Giants who may be playing for nothing at that point), which would put them at 9-6-1.

If that happened and they were to win vs the NFN or NFCS division winner in the wildcard round, that would almost certainly set up a third Dallas-Washington game. :getin:

BTW Jordan Reed has a grade 3 AC joint tear, which is basically a separated shoulder. Amazing he played so well after that.

Yeah I could totally see that happening too. I think we're going to get 2 NFCE Wild Cards, and frankly no pair of of those teams making it would surprise me right now, even Eagles/Skins beating out 7-9 Giants.

Jordan Reed is a loving beast and between him and Jamison Crowder, I think Washington is well-set with young offensive talent for the next few years. I'm not 100% sold on Cousins against defenses that aren't terrible, but if they improve on offense again next year, it may not matter.

89 posted:

I'm not about this whole division love. But I'd be so down with 3 NFCE teams in the playoffs for the hilarity if our rise out of medicocrity.

And knocking the Cowboys AND Giants out of the playoffs in the playoffs would be The Best

I hate the other three teams in the division and want them to lose every game but discussion is more interesting when you step back and think objectively about the teams rather than just posting "we're going to win" every week.

e: Especially since you're wrong literally half the time :smug:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Philly is going to win this week and Agholor will catch 3 tds.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Philly is going to win this week and Agholor will catch 3 tds.

Do we even know if he's going to play?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

quote:

Once upon a time there was a division in the NFL that was so good it was the envy of all others. It had a team in the nation's birthplace; a team in the nation's capitol; a team in the nation's largest media market; and, of course, it had America's Team.

For a long period of time, it was also rare that the league held a Super Bowl without one of those teams.

The NFC East truly was a beast.

That, of course, has not been the case for quite some time. Only two of the division's four teams - the Eagles and New York Giants - have been to the Super Bowl since the turn of the century, and even though the Giants have won two Super Bowls, those were victories born out of perfect timing rather than sheer dominance.

It was not like the late 1980s through the mid-1990s, when the NFC East won seven out of 10 Super Bowl titles, a string broken up only by the San Francisco 49ers' dynasty. Other divisions had some great teams. The NFC East had battles royal.

Even after some lean years, the division's 12 Super Bowl titles are still more than any other, as are the 20 title-game appearances in the 46 years since the AFL-NFL merger. It is the only division in which every team has made at least two Super Bowl appearances and the only one that has had at least three teams win multiple titles.

This comes up now because it appears the NFC East is in the midst of a rebirth that could remind us of that great era during the 1980s and '90s.

One year after being the only division in the NFC that had a losing record outside its division, the Eagles, Giants, Dallas Cowboys, and Washington Redskins have combined to go 21-6-1 against the rest of the NFL so far this season.

The NFC East has gone four years without putting a team in the Super Bowl, and it has never gone five. The Cowboys, 10-1 after their Thanksgiving win over Washington, are the best bet to end that string this season because they have come up with a 21st-century version of Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin.

Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott, and Dez Bryant are the best offensive trio in the game right now, and they are buoyed by a young offensive line filled with three first-round picks. As painful as it might be for fans of the other three teams in the division, the Cowboys appear to be built to last.

That does not mean the other teams in the division cannot contend with them in the coming years. Washington won the division last year, but skeptics remained because there were not a lot of believers in quarterback Kirk Cousins. There should be lots of Cousins believers now, and he's only 28 with a solid supporting cast of receivers and running backs.

At 7-3, the Giants might be the most surprising team in the division, but they spent their money wisely in the offseason to upgrade their defense and have a cast of dangerous young receivers. How good they remain into the future depends on how long and how well Eli Manning plays.

The Eagles, of course, are the only NFC East team that has not won the Super Bowl, unless you want to count the St. Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals, who moved to the NFC West in 2002. It appears the Eagles also might be the odd team out of the playoffs this season, although they would certainly be in the thick of the race with a win Monday night against Green Bay.

Even if the Eagles fail to make the playoffs this season, they, too, appear to have a promising future with Carson Wentz at quarterback and the best defense in the division.

Of course that might all sound familiar. The Eagles had some terrific young quarterbacks and incredible defenses during the dominant years of the NFC East, but they could never figure out how to be the last team standing.

tl;dr: The NFC East used to be good and now its good again.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20161127_Brooky__NFC_East_is_dominant_once_again.html

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

TheChirurgeon posted:

I hate the other three teams in the division and want them to lose every game but discussion is more interesting when you step back and think objectively about the teams rather than just posting "we're going to win" every week.

e: Especially since you're wrong literally half the time :smug:

The Eagles are gonna win and Paul Turner is gonna score 3 touchdowns.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

89 posted:

The Eagles are gonna win and Paul Turner is gonna score 3 touchdowns.

Eh, this is probably more likely than Agholar scoring 3 TDs

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I want every other team in the division to fall into a sinkhole, but since, as an Eagles fan, I'll never get what I want, being smug about the strength of the division is a solid backup plan.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

I want every other team in the division to fall into a sinkhole, but since, as an Eagles fan, I'll never get what I want, being smug about the strength of the division is a solid backup plan.

Be proud that your division has the best team in all of football, the Dallas Cowboys.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
There is no division pride in the NFL.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sickening posted:

Be proud that your division has the best team in all of football, the Dallas Cowboys.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
SICK DOUBLE POST

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

89 posted:

There is no division pride in the NFL.

The NFC East is the only good division, so it's the only division with division pride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

corn on the cop posted:

The NFC East is the only good division, so it's the only division with division pride.

This is pretty pathetic.

• Locked thread