Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
It's glowing red hot how is that possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I reached the DLC and got messed up by a hundred dudes or somethin so I think I'm gonna come back and do this later.

How much later though?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
its doable with +6 weapons onwards. of course also depends on build.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

lite_sleepr posted:

It's glowing red hot how is that possible?

Apparently it caught fire! Yeah I don't get it either.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Here's the broken Greatwood fight video:

Wtf

Enjoy

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dewgy posted:

Apparently it caught fire! Yeah I don't get it either.
Musta applied too much resin.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Maybe they wrapped it in aluminum foil.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

HaB posted:

Wtf

Enjoy

Where does the glitch start? This video is awful because it's like babbies first Souls game and first greatwood fight.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

God the wolf is such a bad fight. The hit boxes on a few of his dashes don't match up with his body at all

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

HaB posted:

Wtf

Enjoy

I'm not sure what you're getting at with this Demon's Souls footage.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

So it really is just behind the king's garden. The three shrines are weird as h*ck. And then there's the hundred dead fire keepers dumped in the tower

Three shrines?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

oldpainless posted:

Three shrines?

The three firelink shrines.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

oh yeah ok. I totally blanked out for some reason.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
Normal, untended, and there's a third one right before the last boss. it's weird, nothing happens there and nothing would seem out of place if it was gone completely, which makes me think it's either important for some reason i dont understand or it's a meaningless fragment of an idea that didn't make it into the final game but was cut late enough that they were afraid to remove what was left of it.

I did a bandit knife run over the last couple weeks because i am trying to balance a fast short weapon in a game i'm making and wanted to see how they did it. Anything you can stunlock just gets wasted by it, it gets huge crit damage with the hornet ring, and the fast attack recovery and quickstep let you unload a ton of hits / bleed on big monsters. Turns out it's just a really good pve weapon and i think they were expecting you to sleep on it because it's a low-damage starter weapon.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

swamp waste posted:

Normal, untended, and there's a third one right before the last boss. it's weird, nothing happens there and nothing would seem out of place if it was gone completely, which makes me think it's either important for some reason i dont understand or it's a meaningless fragment of an idea that didn't make it into the final game but was cut late enough that they were afraid to remove what was left of it.

I did a bandit knife run over the last couple weeks because i am trying to balance a fast short weapon in a game i'm making and wanted to see how they did it. Anything you can stunlock just gets wasted by it, it gets huge crit damage with the hornet ring, and the fast attack recovery and quickstep let you unload a ton of hits / bleed on big monsters. Turns out it's just a really good pve weapon and i think they were expecting you to sleep on it because it's a low-damage starter weapon.

Bandit Knife is amazing. :black101:

I used it through a good 2/3 of the game, and it still comes out of storage every time I need to deal with one of the screaming crucified hollow guys. There's a ton of enemies that take bleed damage, and the BK builds it up like mad since it swings so fast.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Bogart posted:

hey yall, remember dark souls 1?
well,

I do and it was great. Would have been nice if some of the good stuff from both DS1 and DS2 ended up in DS3 instead of it being mostly from DS1.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Does patches show up as a vendor after he locks you in the dead firekeeper pit? I got the firekeeper souland set and whatever else is down there

Also can I say no I don't forgive you just like 1 and get items but still have him as a vendor

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

lite_sleepr posted:

Where does the glitch start? This video is awful because it's like babbies first Souls game and first greatwood fight.

The blisters wouldn't pop. They also made no sound when I hit them and my summon couldn't get through the fog.

lol at "baby's firsts Greatwood fight" from the dipshit who broke his Bloodborne disc for internet cool points. :rolleyes:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I think you need to forgive him for the prostration gesture? But he shows up at the end of the raised hallway that you walk up to get to the Firekeeper's Soul anyway.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

CJacobs posted:

The castle in the background of Firelink is Lothric Castle. You're seeing it from the back exit. If you stand near the first bonfire and look up, you can see past the high wall and kind of make sense of it if you've been to the later area and know what you're looking at.

The models have glaring inconsistencies to the point where I can't tell if it is intentional or they ran out of time to recreate the whole thing(grand archives is entirely missing for instance ).

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
So WoW corona can damage an enemy like six or seven times if it's got a big model and doesn't move much. I killed the Lothric wall dragon by free aiming it. Much better than plinking away with bow and arrow.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

stringball posted:

Does patches show up as a vendor after he locks you in the dead firekeeper pit? I got the firekeeper souland set and whatever else is down there

Also can I say no I don't forgive you just like 1 and get items but still have him as a vendor

Yes and yes.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

Rough Lobster posted:

So WoW corona can damage an enemy like six or seven times if it's got a big model and doesn't move much. I killed the Lothric wall dragon by free aiming it. Much better than plinking away with bow and arrow.

The giants get wrecked by it too. Also Soul of Cinder on phase 2, when he does his long combo, you can back off and shoot 2 at him while he finishes up his swings and charges up his explosion.

It's pretty worthless against pretty much anything that doesn't stand still for seconds at a time, though.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

HaB posted:

The blisters wouldn't pop. They also made no sound when I hit them and my summon couldn't get through the fog.

lol at "baby's firsts Greatwood fight" from the dipshit who broke his Bloodborne disc for internet cool points. :rolleyes:

I also noticed the floor didn't break out either.

lol didn't make me wrong about the greatwood fight ;)

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Nov 25, 2016

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Just had a fun DLC run.

Started at the beginning, grabbed two phantoms (NG+, probably my 4th run through at this point).

Get invaded near the first big wolf so I seed the world. He straight takes off. so we work our way through, get to the bridge, he has broken it. So I light the cave bonfire and we head to corvian. One of my phantoms has died at this point so we just keep meandering along. The invader decided to just run from everything and establish a sniper point in the village with a greatbow. So I said gently caress it, dried finger at the corvian bonfire, grabbed another phantom and bluecop also shows up. We start working our way through the level, another invader appears, I wreck him 1v1 style. Then proceeded to head past vilheim, get to the next bonfire, a mad phantom invades. We work our way down to where earth seeker to get to the first shortcut tree. Kill the mad phantom. In the mean time the original invader is sniping from various locations, refusing to engage.

We work our way up to the second tree, another invader, he dies quickly though. Get to the fly area, ANOTHER invader (one of the same ones as earlier) he dies to flies. I lose one of my phantoms so I run up to chapel, light the bonfire, talk to the NPC, and summon another phantom. We activate the contraption, go up and kill Friede. Original invader goes home.

Entire time probably about 22 minutes.

Still got most of the items as well. Pretty active scene for a Friday morning. (Also, my original summon made it all the way to the end of the boss, which I thought was awesome).

This char is level 135 or so, about 3/4 of the way through NG+ on PS4. Probably the most fun I've had in DS3 yet.

:darksouls:

hanales fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 25, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Try finding a success story like THAT in Bloodborne

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

lite_sleepr posted:

Try finding a success story like THAT in Bloodborne

Here's one:

Played Bloodborne. Was awesome because I played the game well and don't suck it at so hard that I get frustrated and break the game disc. Man I love Bloodborne!

:v:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

HaB posted:

Here's one:

Played Bloodborne. Was awesome because I played the game well and don't suck it at so hard that I get frustrated and break the game disc. Man I love Bloodborne!

:v:

How do your awesome Dark Souls 3 skills translate to the mean skreets of Yharnam?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

how

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the message, not the floating in the air. That's easy to do with noclip.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
e. oh yea. There are people who play souls games on the PC, like a baka gaijin.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Incidentally, goddamn is the quakestone hammer barrels of funny monkeys. Launching people into air when they think you missed with the first part of the weapon art never gets old.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

One making GBS threads people with an attack in dark souls will never lose its novelty. Great club still better against people who know what the Quaker does though

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've never owned a console :rock: PC gaming :rock:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

One making GBS threads people with an attack in dark souls will never lose its novelty. Great club still better against people who know what the Quaker does though

it looks really dumb tho. Unlike the quakestone, which looks awesome. Plus, I still catch "pro-pvp skillz" people with it all the time when they lose patience and try to close in. gently caress halberds tho

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Friendly Humour posted:

I've never owned a console :rock: PC gaming :rock:

I've owned every console at least once (except XBONE) but I always sold it within a year or so. The PS 4 Pro is really the only console I've picked up I intend on keeping, because the PS 4 seems to promise more games I'd like to play.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Real masters play Dark Souls with a keyboard.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 25, 2016

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.
Is there a common consensus post-DLC as to what is the most broken build for PVE? I would like to sort of cruise through the game and expansion enjoying all the lore and vistas etc. without dealing with crushing difficulty or running into an absolute brick wall of a boss because I build my guy wrong. Historically I have played sorcery heavy characters with a lot of ranged firepower in earlier games but DS2 with the expansion felt like it heavily discouraged that play style so I figured I'd ask if DS3 with the expansion does as well.

I would be playing on PS4 if that makes any difference (although I can't see that it would.)

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Start with a knight or mercenary. Level up dex, vigor and endurance about evenly. For weapons, sharp infuse what you want, an estoc or straight sword if you want something easy to use. Also, get the longbow or the black bow of pharis. This gives you plenty of hp, stamina and good damage. Furthermore, it allows you to cheese hard enemies with bows. Theoretically, there are other builds where you do more damage but I find it easier for new players if you have lots of HP and stamina as it allows you to make more mistakes. Once you have a good amount of these stats, get 2 spell slots and 15 faith for tears of denial. This makes the game more forgiving, as it prevents enemies from one shot ting you.

KonvexKonkav fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Pure sorcery is avreage early on but becomes easy mode mid to late game. Just keep in mind you can use pyro and dark sorcery too when something magic resistant appears. If you just want melee easy mode then a str/vit seems to be the easiest with big shields and good damage.
edit: dex isnt easy mode. faith isnt either.