Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

kalensc posted:

Defeated Maxwell for the Moogle and got the reward for using an LB killing blow, but I'm having trouble surviving until Diabolos can be summoned. It's just Meteor that's killing me, it quad-shots Charlotte who's wearing all the SPR and HP gear she can muster pretty much, and she's dead regardless of her prior action (Defend, Mirage, etc), and then it gets really tough to handle the damage while I accrue more esper gauge.

Any advice? I read through this thread and a lot of reddit stuff, so I know how to avoid the Rune and other big attacks, and I know the threshold % for triggering Meteor and other attacks, but how do I survive it?

Sand bag as hard as you can, preferably with refia and a couple tanks. Save scum turns by force closing the game if you don't get at least 2 orbs a turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Reminder: Arena reset in 2 hours 15 minutes.

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.
Will Elza be obtainable after the BF banner is over? I'm considering buying the tablet but I haven't pulled her yet and don't want to waste the karma if there's no chance I'll pull her in the future.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm still grinding karma so I haven't done any of the new trials. I also remember someone saying the 1200 lapis bundle isn't worth it but as soon as I saw it had 10 Sacred Crystals I bought it immediately. I loving hate Sacred Crystal farming and it allowed me to get Tilith up to 5* so it was worth it.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
^^^^^^ I did the same thing for my Bartz. Figured it was way worth it for the energy cost figured in along with the rare tickets. I'm happy I grabbed it

Dang they must have cranked the appearance rate for those metal gods way up in the last couple hours. Over the last 8 fights I've pulled 3 metal God fights which is the same amount I've seen for the entire event previously. Not that I'm complaining now though this just got me the mats to take ye old tree mage up to 6 stars. Hell if I'm super lucky I might be able to sneak Bartz up too if they give me one more round with those things.

Anyone know if the next event will have 6 star mats as treasure in the explorations? I'm assuming they prob will

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

enahs posted:

Will Elza be obtainable after the BF banner is over? I'm considering buying the tablet but I haven't pulled her yet and don't want to waste the karma if there's no chance I'll pull her in the future.

It's probable she'll return with tilith 6*, but I still wouldn't buy the tablet unless I actually had elza first.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I just downloaded this game for shits and giggles, and two my first three pulls were Cloud of Darkness and Exdeath. (Third was the healer from FF2 whose name escapes me.) I didn't do any of the reroll nonsense cuz I'll just play til I get annoyed with the f2p grind then quit.

Judging from the posts in this thread, that's incredibly lucky? Or am I misunderstanding the rarity of these dudes?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Cloud does have a rate up going on at the moment, but both of them are typically rarer than your general 3*. Pulling both of them, perfectly great units, in your first three pulls is lucky, yes.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Not incredibly lucky, but Exdeath and CoD both just got their 6* forms and they're both top tier characters, so pretty good and definitely OK to go without rerolling

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I'm a pretty new F2P player. I've ground about 10k karma and am getting ready to cash out. Is it worth it to grab the Vernard or Lad Mirazh? Or is it more worth it to grab a cactuars and awakening mats? As far as equipment the Murasasa is my best weapon so far.

CyberLord XP fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 25, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

hey girl you up posted:

(Third was the healer from FF2 whose name escapes me.)

My first thought was "Wait, Minwu is in the game?" But then I realized you meant Maria.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

CyberLord XP posted:

I'm a pretty new F2P player. I've ground about 10k karma and am getting ready to cash out. Is it worth it to grab the Vernard or Lad Mirazh? Or is it more worth it to grab a cactuars and awakening mats?

Do you have anybody who uses spears? The Lad is a good deal for spear users since the better spears are either TMs (super grindy) or past event items and unavailable. The Vernard isn't as worth it since there's a better sword available without spending karma (Intagir trial gives the Enhancer a friend super-Lighting can probably solo it) and most sword weilders can also equip katanas and there's a good katana that isn't too hard to get (defeat the White Dragon in the vortex to get the Murasama(?)).

Metal Gigantaurs are good but remember that it costs gil to enhance and the price goes up with higher levels. If you got the gil to do so then yeah, power level with them. Getting your team to max rank&level will be a huge power increase. If you have any 6* capable units then look at buying the cheap 6* awakening mats too, look at your characters to see what to spend your karma on. I wouldn't worry about the expensive 6* unlimited mats, there'll be another source of them by the time you need them.

Buy the Sacred Crystals! You always need them to awaken anybody who's worth using and isn't already 5* and you blow energy on the RNG trying to get them. Getting these when you need them sucks.

There's also some cheap summoning tickets too to blow karma on. The next banner has Faris, a full breaker which is invaluable (all stats debuff at rates higher than the individual breaks) or you can save them for another banner. You can trade Star Quartz for some good gear (Earrings for 50 quarts gives +20% magic for example) but now that there's the arena I'm not sure if it's worth spending on. Screamroot and Fine Alcrysts can be forged into keys buy you can just buy a 5 key-pack with about 500 lapis and just get all the really good chests (stat+10% ability recipes basically) and save your karma on something else. I don't think the exclusive abilities/materia on this event are worth spending all your karma on for a new player.

tl;dr The spear if you have Kain or Elza or another spear user, metal gigantaurs as long as your gil holds out, sacred crystals, 6* awakening mats, summoning tickets in that order maybe. You can still trade in karma for another week so there's no need to blow them all right away while you decide/get more feedback, just don't forget to trade them in before next Thursday!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Guide for the bridge is up.
https://exviuswiki.com/The_Big_Bridge

quote:

This is an exploration event which requires no farming. Simply clear all stages to obtain all the rewards. You can't use Lapis revive to continue after being defeated in any of the stages. There are no chests and the exploration map is a straight line, shared between all stages, with the second half exclusive to the ELT version.

Elite missions:

Complete the quest
Party of 5 or less (Companion included)
Use 3 or more limit burst
Clear without an ally being KO'd

20 Lapis for completion, 10 for each mission. Bring Hypers to boost your LB, but none of this sounds crazy like the Maxwell fight. Gonna crank this out and then get back to the story.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Just got Bartz to 6* 100... and I am underwhelmed.

Probably spoiled by CoD and stacking Doublehand on D.Rain, but it's annoying.

I hope I pull a Zidane or Gilg one day, maybe that will help him shine? His basic stats aren't that great.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
WTF if anyone else is running karma still has the friend effect stopped working for anyone else? I just ran it twice in a row with zero additions for friend units.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yup I was worried when it didn't say BONUS on the BF units when I went into the event, got 2 metal gods, and got no bonus karma.

What the gently caress.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I needed two more non-metal god runs to make moogle, now that is 4.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Chen Kenichi posted:

WTF if anyone else is running karma still has the friend effect stopped working for anyone else? I just ran it twice in a row with zero additions for friend units.

Yeah, it seems the karma bonus from the Brave Frontier units is gone with the arena reset, killing all event farming even though the stage is still open. This is really lame, I already got everything I wanted and I was 10k away from the Trust Moogle :smith:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Sounds like compensatory lapis to me!

(seriously though, that sucks for people still trying to farm the event currency)

Edit: Oh man, new Arena bans: Recovery Abilities, Status Altering Abilities. RIP Healers.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

AegisP posted:

Sounds like compensatory lapis to me!

(seriously though, that sucks for people still trying to farm the event currency)

Edit: Oh man, new Arena bans: Recovery Abilities, Status Altering Abilities. RIP Healers.

And helloooooooooo SPACE ROCKS!!!!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

jfc gumi, I was still trying to eke out a bit more karma too to shore up on metal gigantaurs or a trust moogle depending on what I rolled next week. It ain't worth the energy to just get 200 karma a run now (lol@ seeing any metal gods, I only ever saw two packs of two this whole time).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Oh this is gonna be a fun week in the arena. :getin:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Chen Kenichi posted:

And helloooooooooo SPACE ROCKS!!!!

If my Elza didn't have Reap Blood, I'd be crying. Madness Rush is banned because it alters statuses (increases your LB gauge).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

For only 200 karma a run, seems like it's just better to quit the stage if you don't see 4 battles right away, it isn't worth the effort otherwise.

Yeah I really hope they give some sort of compensation for this because I was planning on getting the magic materia and I was hoping a couple of metal god runs would give me enough for the HP too, but having to rely solely on the metal god runs now means I have to choose between one or the other, I can't get both at this rate.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 25, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Twelve by Pies posted:

For only 200 lapis a run, seems like it's just better to quit the stage if you don't see 4 battles right away, it isn't worth the effort otherwise.

........uhhh did anyone try working the system on this like for Maxwell? Did I completely miss the boat?

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Dang, I thought I had the 10k karma from Maxwell but apparently COD's last 2 barrages hit after Elza's limit finished so it didn't count.

I still got almost 50k karma to cash out and haven't bought anything yet. Are there any must haves or should I go straight to the moogle? Some of those 8k abilities look nice

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
I'm running Lightning, Luneth, Cecil, Kefka, and Arc as my arena team until I can get Exdeath leveled to 100. Then Kefka gets benched.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Thanks for this write up. I actually use Kain so I'm going to get awakening mats and the spear to start, then check out any gigantaurs/tickets with the leftovers.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Chen Kenichi posted:

........uhhh did anyone try working the system on this like for Maxwell? Did I completely miss the boat?

Sorry, I meant karma, not lapis, edited my post. But yeah. I'm just entering the ADV stage and going to the menu and if I don't see 4 battles, I just choose to give up. It was worth it when I had 3 BF units for the karma bonus, but only 200 karma a run isn't worth spending time with.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Twelve by Pies posted:

Sorry, I meant karma, not lapis, edited my post. But yeah. I'm just entering the ADV stage and going to the menu and if I don't see 4 battles, I just choose to give up. It was worth it when I had 3 BF units for the karma bonus, but only 200 karma a run isn't worth spending time with.

Ahhhh. I was thinking if you force closed when it shows the # of battles maybe you can get a battle reset until you see there is 4 then finish the run.

GOT THE drat 35k - after that unit bonus change I plowed through ASAP out of fear they would close the stuff down early.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So my new favorite thing about this Maxwell fight is with good friend units I can come so close to doing it. Only Lenna is my only real healer, and I have had exactly 0 runs where Lenna isn't focused down by meteor. And if I revive her, she also then catches the Revival next round too. I'm 10 attempts of this deep and the pattern hasn't changed and save scumming doesn't change the targeting. This is a well designed fight and I'm totally enjoying it and certain of why I'm bothering.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
The 1200 lapis bundle seems ok value or am I retarded

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

SquirrelGrip posted:

A summon ticket is worth 500 Lapis, or the price of a single pull. In general, I don't think a deal is worth it unless the cost of a pull goes below 500, like the 350 Lapis bundle is.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

SquirrelGrip posted:

The 350 seems way better. There are other places to get exp and unless you need specific 6* mats to finish evolving someone I'd say it's not worth it.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

SquirrelGrip posted:

I don't really see how it could be worthwhile, you'd get better value just spending your lapis to refresh energy.

Even the 350 bundle is of dubious value at this point when keys/phoenix down/quartz are plentiful.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Trilin posted:

I don't really see how it could be worthwhile, you'd get better value just spending your lapis to refresh energy.

Even the 350 bundle is of dubious value at this point when keys/phoenix down/quartz are plentiful.

If you're very low rank, it might be worth it in comparison to refreshing lapis since you wouldn't get very many runs in. But as you gain rank, this becomes less appealing. It only having 2 tickets in the bundle and more of the filler extras is disappointing and offputting, though.

350 is worth it just for the ticket.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

In general: Don't buy Bundles. If there's a good one, some goon will post about it in the thread. IIRC, it's happened all of once in the thread, twice if you count the Head Start bundle duing soft launch.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Karma bonus is back. Return to title screen and log back in.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

In general: Don't buy Bundles. If there's a good one, some goon will post about it in the thread. IIRC, it's happened all of once in the thread, twice if you count the Head Start bundle duing soft launch.

Man, I miss the Early Bird Bundle :(

$6 for 1000 lapis and 2 summon tickets was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

SquirrelGrip posted:

350 is better, but I bought the 1200, too.

10 giant cactuars is ~75 energy.
10 secret crystals is ~100 energy.

Which is about 200 lapis for me.

Summon tickets are 500.

The other stuff is just icing.

• Locked thread