Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bayou Herman, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
ESPN just had a chyron saying Herman to LSU is a done deal.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
So Strong stays for another year right? Like, who else could they really get and it look like an upgrade?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pakled posted:

gently caress. Hope it's not true.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

swickles posted:

So Strong stays for another year right? Like, who else could they really get and it look like an upgrade?

PJ Fleck, I guess? Les Miles for name recognition even though he'd likely fail?

I dunno, it seemed like Texas was hinging everything on Tom Herman so losing out on him is gonna make things awkward. Especially since Charlie isn't actually fired yet.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

swickles posted:

Coach O time.

Prozach posted:

I dunno, it seemed like Texas was hinging everything on Tom Herman so losing out on him is gonna make things awkward. Especially since Charlie isn't actually fired yet.

I'd believe they hadn't fired Charlie yet simply because they knew they were going to lose out on Herman and were clueless on who else they could get.

DuckHuntDog fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 25, 2016

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Prozach posted:

PJ Fleck, I guess? Les Miles for name recognition even though he'd likely fail?

Jesus, please not Fleck to Texas. Not because I don't want to lose Fleck (full disclosure, I don't want to lose Fleck), but the last thing we need are Longhorn fans/boosters buying into his "Have an ELITE day!" stuff and becoming more insufferable than they already are

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

quote:

Texas president Gregory Fenves' preference has been to keep Strong, sources told ESPN's Mark Schlabach, and the odds of Strong returning for a fourth season are expected to increase dramatically if Herman is no longer available. The Longhorns need to beat TCU on Friday to finish 6-6 and become bowl eligible.

Love it

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chip Kelly to Texas would be cool

Place recruits itself and the Big12 is an orgy of nonsensical offense

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Gonna be a tough year on the recruiting trail for coach Strong I think

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Adun posted:

Love it

I can see it maybe happening if they beat TCU and win their bowl game, but that is still incredible that its the most likely outcome otherwise.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Herman to LSU completely fucks Texas right now, he's the only hot coach on the market and sticking with Strong for another year is :lol: for recruiting.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

If we had just fired Strong earlier, this wouldn't be happening. gently caress you, Mike Perrin.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Pj Fleck gonna row his boat all the way down the Mississippi

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

LSU has zeroed in on Houston's Tom Herman as its next head coach and could have a deal in place as early as Saturday, sources told ESPN.com's Chris Low on Thursday night. Florida State's Jimbo Fisher was also near the top of LSU's wish list, but Fisher opted to stay put before talks with LSU ever got too far down the road. He's told some close to him that he thinks he could have some of his most talented teams at FSU over the next two years.

2013 is a historically good team so I dunno about that.

Unless Dalvin stays. Please don't stay, Dalvin :smith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
loving lol if Texas keeps Strong

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Texas hosed up so bad, if this is true.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Gonna keep Strong, win 11 games next year and then have to pretend we never wanted him gone while he openly shops around for another job.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pakled posted:

Hot drat! :dance:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
To add insult to injury, Herman's Texas connections would mean he'd be able to siphon some talent over to Louisiana.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
lol our president and AD are a joke

gently caress Charlie strong we're paying him 5m a year to lose to loving kansas. I dont even care if the replacement is a one year beater, Charlie deserves to be fired on his own merit anyway.

that being said herman going to LSU doesn't make a whole lot of sense so until I see something official I'm going to hold out hope

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Well Muschamp WAS coach in waiting so....

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

pillsburysoldier posted:

Chip Kelly to Texas would be cool

Place recruits itself and the Big12 is an orgy of nonsensical offense

This would actually be the best case scenario for Texas.

LLCoolJD posted:

To add insult to injury, Herman's Texas connections would mean he'd be able to siphon some talent over to Louisiana.

Hasn't LSU already been able to do that?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 25, 2016

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Spacebump posted:

Hasn't LSU already been able to do that?

which is funny because all the idiots in the big12 keep saying "hurr durr HS recruits in Texas won't ever play defense seven on sevens durrrr"

and then wow they go to LSU and whoops they can tackle now. LSU's first round, top ten safety pick? From Texas.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Scionix posted:

that being said herman going to LSU doesn't make a whole lot of sense so until I see something official I'm going to hold out hope

It makes perfect sense when you consider that LSU has an open head coach position and Texas does not. Also because Texas sucks.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

big money big clit posted:

It makes perfect sense when you consider that LSU has an open head coach position and Texas does not. Also because Texas sucks.

im being burned by these hot takes!!! somebody help!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pakled posted:

lol

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
does LSU's AD not bother coming to work unless it's a game with cameras around

is that why all their decisions are announced midgame

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Scionix posted:

im being burned by these hot takes!!! somebody help!!!

Those aren't hot takes, they are literally the truth. Texas lost to Kansas and still employs the coach that was employed when they lost to Texas.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the fact that orgeron isn't going to be in charge of LSU is a loving tragedy

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
All this is doing is setting up a Major Applewhite return in 4 years as head coach once Greg Davis flames out as HC

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

R.D. Mangles posted:

He isn't that great of a head coach, I don't know why people pine for him to be in charge of a major program.

Dude loving sucked at Ole Miss.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

I mean, it's still possible. Herman could fall through and they'd basically be left with Orgeron as the only choice that at least some of the fan base might accept.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Regnevelc posted:

He isn't that great of a head coach, I don't know why people pine for him to be in charge of a major program.

He has been good at USC and LSU as an interim HC. Maybe he just needs to coach greater programs than Ole Miss.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

yes why would people want the bellowing, shirtless swamp guy to be in charge of the louisiana team where he can go zooming onto the field on an airboat and prove points by wrestling alligators in press conferences and conference calls

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Herman unhired during third quarter, Orgeron retained, fired next year during the auburn game

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Spacebump posted:

He has been good at USC and LSU as an interim HC. Maybe he just needs to coach greater programs than Ole Miss.

I dunno, two half seasons don't really change my perception of a coach.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

R.D. Mangles posted:

yes why would people want the bellowing, shirtless swamp guy to be in charge of the louisiana team where he can go zooming onto the field on an airboat and prove points by wrestling alligators in press conferences and conference calls

He has had several opportunities to do those things, but didn't. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX7wzhMvbzo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/SECNetwork/status/799066726230990848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Locked thread