Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pon de Bundy posted:

Syrian hillbillies from the middle of bumfuck nowhere are not the kind of immigrants who will get good jobs in France and Germany , I have no idea what will happen to them
You're not wrong but what the gently caress do you do with these people? They're still humans in a horrible situation that deserve compassion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Nichael posted:

I never knew Putin was personally mega-rich. How much is he worth?

he's isn't "personally mega rich" but Russian Oligarchs literally have to do what Putin wants them to do. Like say buy a few planes, a couple of mega yachts, a few mega-mansions, set up shell companies and other financial shenanigans that I know jack poo poo about.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Baloogan posted:

lol EVERYONE is a nazi
just like EVERYONE is a racist sexist etc

you ever hear about the boy who cried wolf?

I also think the EU needs a thumb in the eye, but you do remember how the bow who cried wolf ended right

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Venom Snake posted:

Well uh, say that to the black hole of resources Syria and Ukarine has become for them....

distraction from domestic issues, duh.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pon de Bundy posted:

Syrian hillbillies from the middle of bumfuck nowhere are not the kind of immigrants who will get good jobs in France and Germany , I have no idea what will happen to them

Syrian refugee's on average are decently well educated

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

a real chump posted:

baloogan has always thought killing is cool and good.

he used to care about russia but now seems pretty chill about the whole combining of nations that is taking place.

trump won :shrug: next president is gonna be someone who looked into a camera and asked for russia to hack his political opponents. which russia then did. then the american people approved of this indirectly by giving trump an electoral landslide.

so turns out i was wrong about russia being bad :(

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

drat. Thanks.

edit: lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Baloogan posted:

trump won :shrug: next president is gonna be someone who looked into a camera and asked for russia to hack his political opponents. which russia then did. then the american people approved of this indirectly by giving trump an electoral landslide.

so turns out i was wrong about russia being bad :(
Americans don't know poo poo about poo poo though. Voters didn't approve of anything because they have no idea what or who they are voting for in any election, much less this one-an election polluted by Russia propaganda and racist frog memes.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Nichael posted:

You're not wrong but what the gently caress do you do with these people? They're still humans in a horrible situation that deserve compassion.

see here's the thing if i were in the shoes of someone living in france and germany i would possibly see this unprecedented influx of refugees as an assault on my way of life/culture too. it's easy to say those refugees deserve compassion and stuff but i'm also safely separated from that by an ocean and don't have to deal with it happening right outside my door.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BeOSPOS posted:

there's a guy that kinda looks like the Flash but it might just be a dude in red tights. there's also evil Hulk :shrug:

I was referring to the music from Back To The Future being in it, but yeah the evil Hulk works as well.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

gonna be fighting alongside syrian refugees against american-born nazis in the same fields where the civil war was fought

neat; I hope future-television does a dramatic reading of one of my letters home

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Nichael posted:

How else do you handle refugees though?

Ideally you'd split the burden among many countries but i do understand that some countries have been totally intractable and don't want to take any.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Nobody knows for sure. Estimates range from $40 billion to $200 billion at the very high end. The reality is that the actual exact number is inconsequential because he essentially has entire collective wealth and power of Russia at his personal disposal

Basically KGB types like Putin got insanely rich after the Soviet Union collapsed.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Venom Snake posted:

Syrian refugee's on average are decently well educated

yeeeah, im going to say the refugees stuck in europe aren't majority well educated.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

etalian posted:

Basically KGB types like Putin got insanely rich after the Soviet Union collapsed.

but you see Putin isn't rich because he is the man of the people and only makes like 1ruble a year or whatever

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agrajag posted:

yeeeah, im going to say the refugees stuck in europe aren't majority well educated.

I wonder how they even know their education level since they let them into the country no questions ask?

It's not like in the US system in which refugees go through background checks and interview before being allowed to enter the USA.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Baloogan posted:

the fires are stoked and everyone is angry the zeitgeist of this era is reactionary politics

uh like, yeah. :yeah:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

You guys do know that there are (or at least were) schools in Syria

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Agrajag posted:

A poll of 1200 refugees at the Greek border found that 86% of them had secondary or university education

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

A poll of 1200 refugees at the Greek border found that 86% of them had secondary or university education

Yeah after a Trump win election citing polls is a great way to convince people of your arguement.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mods please rename C-Spam to The New Unskewniverse

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MaxxBot posted:

Ideally you'd split the burden among many countries but i do understand that some countries have been totally intractable and don't want to take any.

there are only so many Pacific Island and SE Asian countries Australia can bully, we had to ship the last lot of boat people we got off to America

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

and what proof did they need to provide?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
regardless of their economic and educational circumstances, accepting hundreds of thousands of migrants suddenly without a plan is a horrible idea and a humanitarian crisis of its own. you're either dooming your own nation's citizens to have to compete with them, or dooming the refugees to be a permanent under-class, both of which just give fascism more justification in the eyes of the people hurt

the EU was wrong to blindly accept refugees in the number they have, but the EU tends to live in an idealism state where it brushes away any negative consequences of its actions while it strokes itself about how enlightened it is

the way the US admitted refugees was the way to do it, and I believe we should have followed hillary's plan to accept more because we were doing it in a reasonable and humane fashion

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Shipon posted:

the EU was wrong to blindly accept refugees in the number they have, but the EU tends to live in an idealism state where it brushes away any negative consequences of its actions while it strokes itself about how enlightened it is

One of the reasons why I'm ecstatic about how its all gonna come tumbling down in the next decade or so.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Nichael posted:

Shed a tear as you watch them drown, lamenting that life is zero-sum.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Baloogan posted:

One of the reasons why I'm ecstatic about how its all gonna come tumbling down in the next decade or so.

i don't find anything exciting about "foreigners" being assaulted, killed, lynched, or forced into a permanent underclass.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The reality is that the only way to deal with an overwhelming refugee crisis is by directly intervening in wherever the source of the refugees is, and everything else is just a stop gap while you hope the problem resolves itself

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
at this point Iran is the only stable regional power, not counting Israel, and I bet Orange fascisto and his goon squad are about to try and gently caress with them bigly. well, unless papa Putin can tell him to heel.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iran will be spared by Trump not being able to find it on the map.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Agrajag posted:

and what proof did they need to provide?

Might as well not take any polls ever agrees C-spam poster

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
maybe we can make him think saudi arabia is iran and solve the saudi problem once and for all

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Shipon posted:

maybe we can make him think saudi arabia is iran and solve the saudi problem once and for all

Trump actually hates the saudis ever since one of the prices bought one of his yachts, it's something I've agreed with him on since the primaries

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Trump actually hates the saudis ever since one of the prices bought one of his yachts, it's something I've agreed with him on since the primaries

Also after some of his bad deals he was forced to firesale some his properties to Saudi princes at a fraction of their real worth.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0kzUaGqq0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTSLRbm8L9E

:911:

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

no, see, I'm ecstatic that non-white people will suffer immeasurably because I was told that they are the sole reason I am not a multi-millionaire. It's totally okay and morally justifiable.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
the worst countries in the world are very close together : Israel , Saudi Arabia , and Lichtenstein .

Trump better nuke them all

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

GrimGypsy posted:

no, see, I'm ecstatic that non-white people will suffer immeasurably because I was told that they are the sole reason I am not a multi-millionaire. It's totally okay and morally justifiable.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pon de Bundy posted:

ah yes, the Finland Argument

• Locked thread