Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Watch some scum post a Thanksgiving spread photo in here without properly acknowledgement of Native Americans. Disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
happy thanksgiving

The Doctor
Jul 8, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot:
Fallen Rib

Moundgarden posted:

happy thanksgiving

I can only imagine how loving edgy you looked setting that up on the dinner table. Touché, Internet Hero. You may have succeeded in making a Vietnamese woman you've never met feel deeply uncomfortable. You've won.

The Doctor fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 25, 2016

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The Doctor posted:

I can only imagine how loving edgy you looked setting that up on the dinner table. Touché, Internet Hero. You may have succeeded in making a Vietnamese woman you've never met feel deeply uncomfortable. You've won.

Oh gently caress off

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

I could be wrong but I got the impression that most of the chopstix-pix were poking fun at people taking the derail explosion so seriously.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Thoht posted:

I could be wrong but I got the impression that most of the chopstix-pix were poking fun at people taking the derail explosion so seriously.

That was my interpretation. Hopefully...

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Could this thread be any more white?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The Doctor posted:

I agree with The Doctor. There's white food, and there's Vietnamese food. they shouldn't mix. Race Mixing is what's destroying our society. Say no to culinary race mixing.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Spatchcocked smoked turkey. I have a tiny smoker so had to chop it in half after spatchcocking.

No utensils.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

Spatchcocked smoked turkey. I have a tiny smoker so had to chop it in half after spatchcocking.

No utensils.

What race are you? Is that a bamboo chopping board?!?!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Cumslut1895 posted:

:laffo:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cumslut1895 posted:

:captainpop:

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

Tartiflette! Potato slices, double cream, onions, bacon and reblochon cheese. Currently awaiting a heart attack.

copen
Feb 2, 2003

Leek bread pudding for turkey day

Carnitas tacos tonight, I always crave this after the holiday feasts for some reason.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Dude watch out, you have an asian style knife in your photo next to tacos. The FJWs in this thread are going to come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Looks good though.

copen
Feb 2, 2003
Well I agree with mich, and I think most of you missed the point. Maybe it is time to let it go? or does anyone else need a chance to make the same dumb joke we have heard for the last 3 pages?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Nabokoffin posted:

Well I agree with mich, and I think most of you missed the point. Maybe it is time to let it go? or does anyone else need a chance to make the same dumb joke we have heard for the last 3 pages?

Nobody cares

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think that's what mich was pointing out. A small complaint resulted in a big overreaction for some reason.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Went to a Friendsgiving last night and no one ate anything so I left with almost as much as I brought... Turned some of it into breakfast.

Vegetarian stuffing waffle with cranberry maple sauce and hash with leftover pecan sweet potatoes.

emotive fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 27, 2016

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

here is a porchetta I made with a fairly bad roll but decent taste

it's cool that you emotionally mature people managed to scream for three pages straight about someone asking you not to do a thing

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

VileLL posted:

it's cool that you emotionally mature people managed to scream for three pages straight about someone asking you not to do a thing

speaking of letting it go,

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

theres a will theres moe posted:

speaking of letting it go,

:golfclap:

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
:rolleyes:

Cranberries are on sale for some reason so

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Brand New Malaysian Wife posted:

Tartiflette! Potato slices, double cream, onions, bacon and reblochon cheese. Currently awaiting a heart attack.

Excellent username to wade into this shitshow. Food looks tasty as hell too!

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Had ribeye and caramelized onions cooked sous vide (not at the same time) with fondant potatoes and romaine with homemade caesar dressing

Apologies for the lighting. The ribeye was puddled, refrigerated, and re-puddled to reheat. I guess maybe that's why it is a little overdone, must have messed up somewhere along the way.
I need to work on the fondant potatoes. The tops weren't crispy. I don't know what went wrong.

If you're going to make your own caesar dressing, using real parmigiano-reggiano makes so much difference. We were using the domestic (not shakey-cheese) parmesan and it just didn't have the salty funk of the real deal. Very worth it.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

theres a will theres moe posted:

I need to work on the fondant potatoes. The tops weren't crispy. I don't know what went wrong.

Thing with fondant potato is that the traditional technique doesn't lend itself so crispy spud. Crisping the potato and then covering it in liquid is going to soften all that browning. Which I do like. But if you want crispy potato, invert the technique. Start the spuds covered in liquid, and some of the fat, and cook it down until the water's gone and the spud is sizzling in the fat. To think of it, it's pretty well the same way Brits roast potatoes. Par boil, dry, toss in hot fat and slam in the oven. The outcome is slightly different in terms of texture though.

And the rib eye looks very good indeed to me.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Cavenagh posted:

Thing with fondant potato is that the traditional technique doesn't lend itself so crispy spud. Crisping the potato and then covering it in liquid is going to soften all that browning. Which I do like. But if you want crispy potato, invert the technique. Start the spuds covered in liquid, and some of the fat, and cook it down until the water's gone and the spud is sizzling in the fat. To think of it, it's pretty well the same way Brits roast potatoes. Par boil, dry, toss in hot fat and slam in the oven. The outcome is slightly different in terms of texture though.

And the rib eye looks very good indeed to me.

I'll probably not bother with fondant potatoes again. These were OK but not worth the extra effort over other preparations, in my opinion. Plus, I like the skins.
I was disappointed that the steak didn't blush or bloom or whatever very much, but it was as tasty as could be expected.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I got crispy tops (one side) following Chef John from FOOD WISHES dot com wiiiiith... his fondant potatoooooes! recipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOatJPocjDo

Here's a ribeye with fondant taters I made years ago:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXQR-cPXlmY

copen
Feb 2, 2003
Those ribeyes look good. I might have to try out fondant potatoes sometime.

Apple tart, never made one before. Need to work on it a little bit but sure is tasty. Pretty simple to do and makes a good dessert to use up some seasonal fruit.

My first attempt at the crust ended up in the trash though :(

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Try glazing it with a melted butter and sifted powder sugar, or heated apricot jam.

copen
Feb 2, 2003
I made a glaze with the apple cores and skins and simple syrup. I should have reduced it down more, kind of just soaked in without sitting on top. A few things I need to do next time to help the look of it.Thanks for the tip, I will experiment with those ideas too.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime

Mushrooms and diced asparagus fried with a bit of balsamic then added.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Pulled pork from beginning to end.

It was fun preparing the meat and cooking it! Then I was shredding the meat for forever and it sucked. Then I ate it and it was fun again!
The BBQ sauce is disappointingly non-spicy considering there's habanero in it. Although touching it with my bare hands has produced a burning sensation on the tips of my fingers that is slowly traveling toward the center of my hand.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

My God man, what did you do to it???

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

sweat poteto posted:

Mushrooms and diced asparagus fried with a bit of balsamic then added.

Uhh...

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

This is great and subtle picturemaking, well done.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The thread really needs a new title joke after these last few pages.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Grand Fromage posted:

This is great and subtle picturemaking, well done.

That's a potato flipper, dude. What did you think it was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ranter posted:

That's a potato flipper, dude. What did you think it was?

I honestly can't tell if this is you being coy or if you seriously did this unintentionally.

• Locked thread