Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Green Intern posted:

Holy poo poo, Brook. The next chapter is going to be excellent.

I'm ready. Brooke fights are gear. Maybe Smoothie is a big fan of his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Calling it now: Big Mom is not an unusually large human, but an unusually small giant.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

ZiegeDame posted:

Calling it now: Big Mom is not an unusually large human, but an unusually small giant.

This.

Freaking amazing chapter. GET READY TO BROOK!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

ZiegeDame posted:

That would make a lot of sense. She was banished and tried to get back in the good graces of Elbaf by marrying Lola to a prince or something, but then she ran off. It would also explain how she has so many kids, she's been building her family for hundreds of years!

gently caress this was such a good chapter. I can't wait to see Brook's concert next week.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
It's finally Brook's time to shine! This alone makes this arc ten times better than Dressrosa.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Brook is going to become the new Mr.Prince.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Should the next Chapter focus mostly on Brooke, Chopper or an even mix of the two

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Angry Lobster posted:

Brook is going to become the new Mr.Prince.

Going from a King to a Prince is a demotion :colbert:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Cover art was really awesome this week too.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Dr Subterfuge posted:

"Wait, we don't have a beef anymore? Fine, I'll start a new one: gently caress you."

He really is the best :allears:

I get the feeling everyone is going to fail to get free until Big Mam opens the bomb and knocks out all her fruit users, freeing Luffy et al. That'd pretty much be the only way to get him from fighting Big Mam now as he wouldn't think it's fair to fight her in her weakened state

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

What's the ribbit ribbit coming from in the mirror world house?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Should the next Chapter focus mostly on Brooke, Chopper or an even mix of the two

I want Brook to dance his way through everyone, then slam his sword back in its scabbard and everyone drops. Humming swordsman back with a vengeance bitches.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
The tooth is still missing

!!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the tooth is still out, there

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I was worried about merchandising if Luffy has a hosed up smile but Sabo does and he moves tickets

Edit: No wait he loving doesn't he grew back his tooth when he grow up

How

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
One Piece is a golden tooth

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I was worried about merchandising if Luffy has a hosed up smile but Sabo does and he moves tickets

Edit: No wait he loving doesn't he grew back his tooth when he grow up

How

That is literally the only time someone has grown back teeth realistically in One Piece.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Luffy will get his tooth back as soon as Sanji cooks him some delicious healing food.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Luffy is a pirate.

He's just gonna get a gold tooth.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Luffy is going to get a bronze tooth.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
It's a small thing, but I like that as the story goes a lot of the crew carries scars from their fight to the top.

Luffy: scar from stabbing himself in the face to impress Shanks, scar from Akainu almost killing him Marineford, and missing tooth from Sanji.
Zoro: giant gash from Mihawk, scars on legs from trying to saw his legs off to get out of Mr. 3's wax.
Nami: tattoo cover-up of Arlong's jolly roger
Chopper: broken horn from getting beaten up by other reindeer
Franky: run over by a train, did surgery on himself
Brook: crack in skull from Ryuma.

Good stuff.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Happy Happyist posted:

It's a small thing, but I like that as the story goes a lot of the crew carries scars from their fight to the top.

Brook healed when he drank milk. He had a scar in that shape from when he was alive.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Happy Happyist posted:

He's come such a long way. :kiddo:

Best pirate crew pet.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Happy Happyist posted:

Luffy: scar from stabbing himself in the face to impress Shanks, scar from Akainu almost killing him Marineford, and missing tooth from Sanji.
Zoro: giant gash from Mihawk, scars on legs from trying to saw his legs off to get out of Mr. 3's wax.
Nami: tattoo cover-up of Arlong's jolly roger
Franky: run over by a train, did surgery on himself, eviscerated entire front part of body in vegapunk lab explosion, turned whole self into a mecha

Good stuff.
FTFY

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Sarcophallus posted:

He's come such a long way. :kiddo:

Best pirate emergency rations.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

They're not beating Big Mom with half their crew not even present.

It's totally happening because the whole theme of this arc is Big Mom is a coward who hides behind allies and political connections because at this point if she had what it took to be Pirate King, she could have done it already with what family she has and fighting ability. Luffy having all his friends and allies with him concedes that Big Mom's way of doing poo poo is the correct way

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

NutritiousSnack posted:

It's totally happening because the whole theme of this arc is Big Mom is a coward who hides behind allies and political connections because at this point if she had what it took to be Pirate King, she could have done it already with what family she has and fighting ability. Luffy having all his friends and allies with him concedes that Big Mom's way of doing poo poo is the correct way

I don't think that was ever the theme. As Luffy pointed out back in Arlong Park, his crew can do things he can't; he needs them.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pastrymancy posted:

Going from a King to a Prince is a demotion :colbert:

Depends.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the tooth weirdly adds a lot of gravity to the arc

this chapter loving owned.. im anticipating this climax so much theres so many neat designed characters all gonna explode at one time

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
since oda loves weird chapter things, what do you think chapter 1000 will be?

roger having the gum gum fruit?

luffy's mom?

shanks dies?

luffy becomes a yonko?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

I don't think that was ever the theme. As Luffy pointed out back in Arlong Park, his crew can do things he can't; he needs them.

The thing though is, she's hiding behind her crew right now. Luffy needs his friends and crewmates, he freely admits that. But when someone needs to be knocked out, he does that because it's his job as Captain.

The inability to trust and rely on Crew or friendship is going to be what defeats Kadio. He's going to hulk out in the end game and try to beat Luffy single handily while Law and a bunch of his other allies team up with him and beat the poo poo out of him. He retains his title as world's strongest monster but Luffy gets closer to the one he actually wants.

anime was right posted:

luffy's mom?

shanks dies?

luffy becomes a yonko?

900 will be Big Mom's defeat or after her defeat. Luffy becomes a Yonko at the big hundred wrap off.

1000 will be Akainu makes his move, Reverie happens and a big setting changing announcement happens there, or the Straw Hats learn where the last piece of the Road Polygraph is hidden after obtaining the other 3. Maybe just a scrub celebration that Luffy defeated Kaido and technically the Yonko system is completely gone, and the race for the throne of Pirate King has actually begun but I doubt it.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 25, 2016

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

anime was right posted:

luffy's mom?

shanks dies?

luffy becomes a yonko?

Either Shanks getting owned by Blackbeard or Reverie.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

anime was right posted:

luffy's mom?

shanks dies?

luffy becomes a yonko?
Not sure but what we know for sure is chapters 950-999 is gonna be a drawn out slog of a battle against some villan so that whatever-it-is happens on chapter 1000.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Bisse posted:

Not sure but what we know for sure is chapters 950-999 is gonna be a drawn out slog of a battle against some villan so that whatever-it-is happens on chapter 1000.

Y'know, the opposite of that, where he has to wrap up a battle quickly, is possible, too :kiddo:

Or heck, Oda might have learned from Dressrosa to pace himself better, and it'll feel natural, even.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

dordreff posted:

Either Shanks getting owned by Blackbeard

That would really suck for shanks, actually.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Further adventures of the fake hats

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That would really suck for shanks, actually.

It would suck for me too. I want Shanks to never get owned by anyone except, maybe, Luffy. Dunno how that would happen but it's what I want.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Shanks is toast and you all know it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

way I see it, either shanks is gonna get beaten by luffy or else luffy will reach his island just as blackbeard beats him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Its gotta be Luffy Jinbei and friends cause a ruckus and Blackbeard shows up to take credit for downing Big Mom. The prelude to this arc had a lot of foreshadowing of Blackbeard making a big move and needing a load of weapons, and what could be a bigger fortress than Whole Cake Island.

Then Strawhats regroup and get credit for stomping Kaidou with the Luffy armada.