Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
On the other hand if you have good characters you want to awaken quick, the 1200 lapis bundle has 10 sacred crystals, and gently caress sacred crystal farming. I spent 80 energy on the vortex and got all of one sacred crystal to show for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Yeah I'm still a low level (I max at 30 energy) so the mats/exp are what I'm chasing, tickets are nice. If the weekend is kind I'll probably pass

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Antonella down. That was pretty easy, though the very first turn was an OH poo poo moment as Cecil took 6000+ hp in damage. I had him Provoke and I think every single plant part went "Yup, let's attack him". Good thing I'd recently switched strategies and built Cecil for pure HP. Once plant parts started dying, damage output by the boss quickly dropped off.

Bartz died 4 times...because I was using him to refill the MP of Refia, Elza, Lightning, and once on Cecil when Vampire hit him again. I am very amused by how useful Bartz is for that specifc job. Refia had been dualcasting Curajas every turn from the start of the fight, and when she dipped down to 30 mp I figured why not start trying out Bartz as an Infinite Elixir Generator and...yep, he works pretty well.

Incidentally, Elza's now setup for Plant killing, with neutral weapons and Plant Killer & Ifrit equipped. I was mostly using her to Ravaging Blow individual plants, and I think a Luneth friend is technically the preferred Friend Lead out there for this Trial on account of natural status immunities.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Mile'ionaha posted:

350 is better, but I bought the 1200, too.

10 giant cactuars is ~75 energy.
10 secret crystals is ~100 energy.

Which is about 200 lapis for me.

Summon tickets are 500.

The other stuff is just icing.

Yea, the 10 Sacred Crystals are worth it to me, god I hate grinding for those. I have terrible luck with them and spent probably 300 in refreshes to get the 15 I needed for Refia.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 25, 2016

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

On the other hand if you have good characters you want to awaken quick, the 1200 lapis bundle has 10 sacred crystals, and gently caress sacred crystal farming. I spent 80 energy on the vortex and got all of one sacred crystal to show for it.

Yeah, I bought the 1200 bundle because it let me awaken Krile right now. Not planning to buy any of the future ones, though.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

deathbagel posted:

Yea, the 10 Sacred Crystals are worth it to me, got I hate grinding for those. I have terrible luck with them and spent probably 300 in refreshes to get the 15 I needed for Refia.

That's why I bought it, gently caress farming those crystals. It was just enough with the 5 I had already to get Exdeath from 3* to 5*. Worth it.

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.
Anyone ever have an issue where the game crashes every time you open the arena? I tried the restore button on the title screen, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still happens. Any way to fix it?

enahs fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 25, 2016

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

So after this event I think we'll have some time to run something that isn't karma related. What kind of things are worth farming? Mag +10%, Atk +10%, Def +10%, Hero Rings, anything else other than the obvious experience and awakening mat farming?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

aherdofpenguins posted:

So after this event I think we'll have some time to run something that isn't karma related. What kind of things are worth farming? Mag +10%, Atk +10%, Def +10%, Hero Rings, anything else other than the obvious experience and awakening mat farming?

I need the break from a farming event - since karma started I picked up 4 units that need to get to 6* max and I have zero gigas to assist so Maranda coast/Dwarven forge is where I am going to live once all the bridge stuff gets cleared.

Thoughts on the new bonus-to-the-bonus lapis bundles to buy? The $50 one is best value, but what are the general feelings on it?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Healing being banned is ridiculous for the arena, at least I've got enough TMs that my Exdeath/Kefka/Tellah combo can drop 3 meteors and 2 ultimas in a round though. Just need to make it to that round

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Oh lordly lord. FF5 realm bonus for the arena this week. Hello 4k+ hp on 6* Exdeaths and further assurance their meteors will always do 999 damage before chain bonuses. :getin:

Got my timing down to chain the first three meteors after Stonra from Cecil and Thundaga from Tellah, then the last two Meteors chain again. I'm not sure what the total damage is I'm doing but nothing survives. Gonna be nice reliably farming all those 1.50 value arena whales fore more medals per win. Thank god dualcast isn't banned.

Twelve by Pies posted:

The reward for a 100 streak is 500 lapis. Spending 100 lapis to gain 400 lapis is absolutely worth it.

Waiting a few more days and getting 500 lapis instead of 400 is better. There's no burning need for an immediate pull or two tbh.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I got a CoD to drop and got it awakened to 4 stars. Only problem is it took a slot on my team so I am wondering who I should keep and who to swap out. I was trying to figure out whether to keep Lenna or Rhydia and chose to keep Rhydia. I have a friend who has her maxed and when I swap her in she doesn't seem particularly strong; what is her strength? The Limit Burst? Right now I have Elza, CoD, Rhydia, Kefka and Vivi. I know that Vivi should be swapped out eventually (like, I have an Arc I could swap in but he is not leveled and only 3 stars vs Vivi's 4 and being level 40 something). I was leveling a Garland but I read that CoD replaces him so that was an easy decision.

So my choices are replace a seasoned Vivi with a fresh off the boat Arc, drop him for Lenna, replace Rhydia with Lenna, or keep the team as is. I am getting decent characters pretty often so I know that my team is not set in stone but right now it seems like the big keepers are CoD, Elza and Kefka.

Also I have not been doing many explorations or town quests because I find them pretty boring. Am I missing out on essentials? I could force myself to do them if I have to.

Edit: sorry one more question. Should I be using my tickets on the generic rare thing or one of the others? I haven't been going in on the Brave Frontier one since I have Elza already.

Edit2 Sorry for all the questions! I can only use the Adv Experience dungeon - it looks like there is room for another difficulty but how do I unlock it if there is one?

rio fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 25, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I think it got mentioned earlier that Maxwell's passive ability to regenerate 1800 health every round was broken. Well, it's working now, I haven't had a lot of chance to see him at work in the arena, but I imagine it'll be helpful with this week's ban on healing

edit:

rio posted:

Edit2 Sorry for all the questions! I can only use the Adv Experience dungeon - it looks like there is room for another difficulty but how do I unlock it if there is one?
There's not, the only vortex with a pro difficulty right now is the awakening materials one, adv is as good as it gets

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You keep Lenna. She's your only Healer. Rydia is a specialty character that you use if you're trying to fulfill an Esper summon requirement very quickly (ie- you don't have the recovery potential to last in a long attrition fight to evoke normally).

Story missions should eventually be worked on, and not completely ignored. Espers are locked behind story content. You gain 100 lapis for fully clearing each story zone, on top of the new mission system where every sub-area now rewards you 50 lapis. Explorations can also give you recipes for materia and gear you might need.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Twelve by Pies posted:

The reward for a 100 streak is 500 lapis. Spending 100 lapis to get ganked at 99 wins by a bullshit four-Lightnings-and-a-Cecil team is absolutely worth it.

I think this was more in line with what you actually meant, chief.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If there's ever a time to scrape the bottom of your attack list, it's when you're that close to hitting the 100 streak reward

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

rio posted:

Questiosn!

Lenna isn't just a healer, she gets a move called Cheer which is a ATK&DEF +40% buff to the entire party for three turns and it makes CoD hit like an even bigger truck. You don't need a healer in the early game but eventually you'll need somebody who just spams Curaja every turn so work on her when you have some spare energy.

Like AegisP said Rydia is a summoner and magic DPS. Her limit can give a huge chunk to the esper summon gauge and she gives espers some buffs but it's still mostly trash. Her spell selection is mediocre saved by knowing Meteor and she's super squishy. She's better than Vivi but definitely work on Arc too as he'll out-DPS both of them with his Dual-BlackMagic.

You should check the Exvius Wiki and check the Explorations and Towns bits. There are good rewards for doing explorations and quests but not all of them are that great and like you said lots are boring. Espers past Siren are locked behind town/side quests and those are 100% must do content for example. Check the maps on the wiki when you do town quests and explorations to make sure you get everything/the important bits so you don't have to hug every wall or any of that poo poo. There is exploration-only crafting materials too, like Fire/Ice Megacrysts for Hero Rings (ATK&MAG+10%, they're good) and Magicite to power up espers for example.

For the two daily explorations you can just do the Earth Shrine with encounter reducers (Diablos 2* and the Charm Bangle give this and they stack) or what's even easier is to do the Esper fights. They count as explorations because this game was coded by a dog chewing on a keyboard. Do Siren 1* twice and you'll get your explorations.

Spend tickets on good banners. The generic one doesn't have any boosts to any units if you want to pull but don't care for who has their rate ups. The next banner is a FF5 one with Gilgamesh (?), Exdeath (current best mage with 6* Dual Cast Meteors that do bonus damage to multiple types to enemies), Faris (full breaker, reduces all stats on one enemy by a rate greater than the individual x-breaks), and Bartz (?). It's a good banner to do daily pulls and spend tickets on because Exdeath is rad and Full Breakers are really handy to have.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Hello chums I am runnin Edgar / Kain / WoL / Arc / Refia. Over the last few days, I pulled CoD - should I replace Kain with the green fart?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

PopeCrunch posted:

Hello chums I am runnin Edgar / Kain / WoL / Arc / Refia. Over the last few days, I pulled CoD - should I replace Kain with the green fart?

I'd replace Edgar, actually

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PopeCrunch posted:

Edgar is only really good if you have two or three and learn how to time his chainsaw move with another powerful attack like Arc's -aga spells or CoD's Call of the Void.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Yeah, Kain is the superior character outside of Edgar's chainsaw gimmick, but you need two or three of them to really use it

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I have 20,000 karma left and I'm not sure what to spend it on. I've already gotten the trust moogle, gigantuars, star quartz, 6* materials, guardian's authorities, summon tickets, and the sword. What's most valuable out of what's left?

mrmanuke
May 16, 2012

Skyridge posted:

I have 20,000 karma left and I'm not sure what to spend it on. I've already gotten the trust moogle, gigantuars, star quartz, 6* materials, guardian's authorities, summon tickets, and the sword. What's most valuable out of what's left?

Did you get the Demonic Lifes? Those seem pretty good to me.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

mrmanuke posted:

Did you get the Demonic Lifes? Those seem pretty good to me.

Was it confirmed whether or not they stacked with cheer/focus etc, whether or not the buff could be dispelled/reapplied, and how long it lasts?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
It lasts forever, it does not stack but if a buff overwrites it it comes back after the buff wears off, and I'm pretty sure it can be dispelled, in which case you'd need to drop under 50% to reapply it again

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Good riddance karma poo poo, exdeath back up and better than ever. Snatched up that troll rear end materia for cecil before going gently caress this to the event. Saw a total of maybe 5 total gods the whole time. Eat poo poo and die gumi and everyone else at fault.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Oh poo poo now krile. Should I replace either Arc or Refia?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PopeCrunch posted:

Oh poo poo now krile. Should I replace either Arc or Refia?

Nah. Krile is a decent flex unit at 5*, but Arc and Refia are way better at their specific roles. If you wanna go in a more mage-centric route you could do Krile instead of Kain, but eh, you got Embolden in Refia.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm still pissed off I ran into two metal god battles during the time period when the karma bonus wasn't active. I missed out on about 12k karma because of that, and the worst part is they're almost certainly not going to compensate us, and even if they do, it'll be like 100 lapis or 30 energy.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Time to summon for exdeath!

Penelo
Bedile
Alma
Bedile
Sabin
Maria
Fran

An impressive pile of hot garbage so far, and no featured characters in sight.

4* Faris - Well okay
4* Vivi - Back to the worthless trash woo
Penelo
Bartz - Already had one, so basically worthless
4* Exdeath - Thank loving god, but still gently caress this game.

Got predictably wrecked but man, the summons in this game are absolutely shite. Still no 5* base.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I did not get a single Metal God encounter and I have done 17 runs of the 13 NRG event according to my notes, over the course of the event. I'd like to know :wtf:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Used four tickets, the 250 pull, and an eleven pull as my black friday shopping since that new 3ds that's a hundred bucks is sold out everywhere online already. I was hoping for Gilgamesh.

Anyway I got a second Warrior of Light (what do I do with him? His TM isn't great and I can't see myself needing two. I'll hold on to him for now though.)

Two Ex-Deaths. (I already had one) This is great cause I can win the Arena forever and ever.

Faris. I like Faris but I don't really need another full breaker. That's cool though!

Two Shantottos! More +30% mag TMs are good.

That's everything of note, but hey it's not a bad haul. I'll still hope for a Gilgamesh cause I want to have Dual Wield some day.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
my halfer got me a 4 star bartz straight up. burn my tickets on this banner for something better?

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Oh poo poo sup exdeath, man I am having great luck lately :)

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I needed an Exdeath and pulled 5 times. Got 3 Exdeath's. :getin:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress YEAH finally got a great pull of pulls. Burnt the tickets from this event:

cyan gently caress you
lani gently caress YOU
EXDEATH YEAH BOY
ALMA YEAHHHH
EXFUKKINDEATH
GOLD... russell are you making GBS threads me
GOLD sabinfuck
Terra! cool!
edgar again, ok
Faris, nifty

gently caress it, I'll burn a 250.

RAINBOW, alright I'm sure it's just whate-GILGAMESH

First ever rainbow, I'm so ok with this.

So I finally have a really good melee, and now I have my dream team of cecil+4 exdeath for everything. Gonna need a shitload of mats and cactuars, but gently caress it why not.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Two 11-pulls plus the daily gets me a whole load of garbage along side 3 Bartz, a Faris, and a gold Exdeath. Highlights of the garbage include gold Clyde (2 days in a row, come on!), and 4 loving Frans, with your typical assortment of Penelo Russell, Bedile, Anzelm, etc.

Well worth the $50 I paid for the Black Friday Lapis sale, thanks Gumi.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Mrit SA posted:

I needed an Exdeath and pulled 5 times. Got 3 Exdeath's. :getin:

Three dual-casts of Meteor, you know you want to.

e: that's a bigass bridge, bring TENT

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 25, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Threw 8 tickets at the banner and now I have 3 more Exdeath, 1 Faris, and a Shantotto. Most excited about the Shantotto.

Big Bridge completed. ELT was pretty simple, though Gilgamesh did manage to dump everything into Cecil at one point and kill him from 6800 hp.

Fun note: Twin Lance + Dualwield does in fact make your basic attack hit 4 times. Which on Elza means a whole loy of LB crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I forgot TENT, used a bunch of Elixirs and Ethers but whatever, one and done. Now I can do other productive poo poo like TM farming.

edit: also despite my daily being stupid 4* Edgar, I decided to do a ticket pull and got Butz - which is pretty much what I kinda wanted from this banner anyway.

Dias fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 25, 2016

• Locked thread