Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
Jumping aboard the SkyForce train: 71 05 73 38

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Cell lab is an awesome programming puzzle game and I'm glad I checked it back thanks to the thread because it looks like they added tons of content.

In the puzzle game section I also recently tried Euclidia and it looks neat and polished

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is the Hitman Sniper game as good as Hitman Go?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
How do I remove friends in skyforce reloaded?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Is the Hitman Sniper game as good as Hitman Go?

They're different types of games. Not sure the answer to that question actually tells you anything meaningful. I had fun with both, though I think Hitman GO is a more... interesting game? I guess? But I enjoyed my time with Sniper plenty, it's a fun game if you just wanna kinda chill and shoot mans with a sniper rifle.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sleepwalkers posted:

They're different types of games. Not sure the answer to that question actually tells you anything meaningful. I had fun with both, though I think Hitman GO is a more... interesting game? I guess? But I enjoyed my time with Sniper plenty, it's a fun game if you just wanna kinda chill and shoot mans with a sniper rifle.

Yeah I meant in terms of quality, looking for some new games to throw on my tablet but I don't care for idlers or a lot of that kind of thing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Anyone ever play Android games on a Chromebook? How does it work?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah I meant in terms of quality, looking for some new games to throw on my tablet but I don't care for idlers or a lot of that kind of thing.

I thought it was pretty good quality. My only complaint, which is why I stopped playing, is that it doesn't sync your data anywhere, and I switched phones.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

Anyone ever play Android games on a Chromebook? How does it work?
Any app that is flagged as requiring a touch screen doesn't show up. So I would image most games simply don't exist on Chromebook.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm a little bummed that Burrito Bison seems to end with unlockable recipes that do nothing but tell you how to make a delicious salsa or guacamole? Was kind of hoping for more after this but I'm very close to unlocking all the bonuses. Fun game though!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

explosivo posted:

I'm a little bummed that Burrito Bison seems to end with unlockable recipes that do nothing but tell you how to make a delicious salsa or guacamole? Was kind of hoping for more after this but I'm very close to unlocking all the bonuses. Fun game though!

Yeah after I got the first recipe I uninstalled the game since the only other thing to do was upgrade all the stuff the rest of the way. Was a fun way to waste a few minutes a day for a week though. Except I could never get it to stop sending me push notifications, which was terrible.

Is the final fantasy tactics port on here good? Were the controls updated to allow touching the units to move them or does it just emulate a gamepad?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A bunch of NVIDIA Shield games are on sale for Black Friday; there's some overlap with the list I posted previously.

Also new on sale are The Room Three, Door Kickers, Modern Combat 4 and Republique Ep 1, all at 99 cents.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Knifegrab posted:

How do I remove friends in skyforce reloaded?

Why do you want to?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Rapner posted:

Why do you want to?

Originally I added some goons but I would rather just have it be my irl friends.

edit: Nevermind figured it out.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 23, 2016

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

-wrong thread-

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Skyforce 01 66 26 54

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Android Police has started their Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sales Roundup.

Also, Microsoft has made their Solitaire Collection available for mobile, and just like the desktop version, it's full of ads, which you can disable by paying a monthly/yearly subscription fee, because there aren't any other good options out there.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kheldarn posted:

Android Police has started their Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sales Roundup.

Also, Microsoft has made their Solitaire Collection available for mobile, and just like the desktop version, it's full of ads, which you can disable by paying a monthly/yearly subscription fee, because there aren't any other good options out there.

I just wish decked out had Spider ):

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Len posted:

I just wish decked out had Spider ):

The best implementation of the best solitaire game already exists. :colbert:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The best implementation of the best solitaire game already exists. :colbert:

But I don't know how to freecell.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

In sky force reloaded there are some ships who have a speed perk. Does that effect movement speed or weapon fire rate?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Knifegrab posted:

In sky force reloaded there are some ships who have a speed perk. Does that effect movement speed or weapon fire rate?

I'm pretty sure it's movement speed, at least it feels like it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For anyone looking for a new, proper racing game that isn't a glorified drag racer, Gear.Club by the developers behind Test Drve Unlimited is out now for Android.

In other news, Deus Ex GO just got updated with a new puzzle making mode.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 23, 2016

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

mrkillboy posted:

In other news, Deus Ex GO just got updated with a new puzzle making mode.

And it's super cheap.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
If you want Solitaire, either play Sage Solitaire or 250+ Solitaires.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sound slike the NimbleBros need to make Small Solitaire...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kheldarn posted:

Sound slike the NimbleBros need to make Small Solitaire...

Start a timer and the game completes in x time so you can check back in and get money until you can unlock another type of solitaire to play itself?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Len posted:

But I don't know how to freecell.

Quickest guide on how to play (try traditional first, then move on to Free Cell Quest)

Goal: put all cards up in the top right columns, arranged by suit, low to high (ace to king).

How? To do this, you can only move cards (one at a time) onto the bottom of one of the main stacks in descending, alternating colour order. Like, a black 5 would go underneath a red 6, a red 10 would go underneath a black jack.

The four 'free' cells at the top left are where you can place any card if you just need it out of the way.

My favourite thing about the game is the fact that you know where every card is at all times. No guessing.

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.
So Talisman and Talisman Horus legacy are both on sale just now, can anyone recommend one over the other?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Snowboard Party 2 looks like SSX? Is it anything like it?
And what the hell is Day R? It is one of those idler/check every few hours things?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
More sales: Don't Starve is on sale for $3 (down from $5), and you can grab the two Out There games for 99 cents each.

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My favourite thing about the game is the fact that you know where every card is at all times. No guessing.

Of the original Microsoft FreeCell game, there is only ONE hand that is not completable - 11982. Must drive OCD-ers insane

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

ChrisXP posted:

Of the original Microsoft FreeCell game, there is only ONE hand that is not completable - 11982. Must drive OCD-ers insane

Levels -1 and -2 are also impossible, but I guess they don't really count.

Does Freecell Quest get difficult at any point? I've cleared out the first nation/continent/whatever without taking a single point of damage and it's pretty dull.

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.

Croccers posted:

Snowboard Party 2 looks like SSX? Is it anything like it?
And what the hell is Day R? It is one of those idler/check every few hours things?

No its actually a pretty decent (but with a learning curve) survival sim. I've played the free version and decided to pick up the premium version while its cheap. Beyond all the perks mentioned in the store for the premium version (like removing ads, giving you some loot at the start) it also gives you access to "Medium" difficulty mode. The free version only lets you play sandbox (easy) or realistic (hard).

I would suggest you try the free version first, as its completely playable (once you get over the learning curve) without needing any of the premium features, then pick up the premium version if you like it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Huge Manatee posted:

Levels -1 and -2 are also impossible, but I guess they don't really count.

Does Freecell Quest get difficult at any point? I've cleared out the first nation/continent/whatever without taking a single point of damage and it's pretty dull.

Yeah, just wait on it. Eventually, even with all cells unlocked/used, you're basically on a time limit for a normal hand of Free Cell. Until that time, you're really just increasing in difficulty REALLY slowly.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm getting on the skyforce train, gotta do those tournaments! 51 20 77 53

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

I'm getting on the skyforce train, gotta do those tournaments! 51 20 77 53

I don't really know what friends are for in this game but this seems like the thing to do? 41 69 34 38

That was a lot of numbers to type in, why do developers insist on this nonsense

the auschwitz diet fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 24, 2016

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I think I remember people saying good things about Tallowmere, and it's 75% off right now. Goon impressions? Is there any tactical depth to weapon use? Does it control well?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Burrito Bison is pretty fun but the amount of ads you need to watch is pretty extreme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

What's the best Worms game; clone or otherwise to play on a phone?