Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

:wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I'm convinced the unopenable door in cathedral ward next to the chest is just there to drive us insane

it's the other side of the closed door at the end of the bridge where you fight the cleric beast

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

maybe there's a key to the door in one of the root chalice dungeons :tinfoil:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

it's easy to get pussy.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Earth to Unexpected Raw Anime...BUT...is my name smoothtalk by studmuffin or something? I didn't think so ffs...No offense.

You just let them talk it's incredibly easy they do all the work for you. Seriously

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
How to pick up fair maidens

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

rediscover posted:

it's easy to get pussy.

Tonight... Gerhman joins the hunt

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Some guy found a chalice dungeon that doesn't have any doors, loot (chests including) or bosses. Or lamps except the first lamp.

You can run through the whole thing in 2 min and there's a doorway at the end of layer 3 that has a huge void. If you jump into it you fall for 30 secs, hit layer 4, and die instantly.

It's a depth 1 pthumeru

Chalice code wirnabfr

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Some guy found a chalice dungeon that doesn't have any doors, loot (chests including) or bosses. Or lamps except the first lamp.

You can run through the whole thing in 2 min and there's a doorway at the end of layer 3 that has a huge void. If you jump into it you fall for 30 secs, hit layer 4, and die instantly.

It's a depth 1 pthumeru

Chalice code wirnabfr

i've played a similar one before. it's very creepy.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's so weird but gives me strange hope that the boss rush is still possible.

The thread mentioned they'd heard of that being generated once before at least.

Two times only!!?

No lamps is what really gets me. That's so bizarre.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Two times only!!?

it may be that one, but i played mine at launch, and i think chalices expire? maybe not if there's regular activity?

the experience of falling through a hole in the floor, and seeing the entire level drift away as you get swallowed by a gray void is very surreal and creepy.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
They do expire but if you have it in your stone you can still go into it. They just can't be retrieved again. At least I had a finished one that said it was expired and I could still warp into it. But it was complete so idk

Like the main farming ones are still active so it's probably a couple things.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Two times only!!?

I think finding boss rush is a long shot at this point, then again I've been playing souls 1 for years and only recently saw one of those weird little monsters that can appear if an item passes through too many worlds or whatever for the first time ever. I thought I had lost my mind I had to look it up

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

It seriously hosed me up. Imagine you're doing Burg for the 150th time and you could almost do it with you eyes closed. Out of nowhere right outside the bonfire with the ladder shortcut is this freakish little creature you have never seen anywhere in the game before

Edit yes my monitor was on.... I checked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

It seriously hosed me up. Imagine you're doing Burg for the 150th time and you could almost do it with you eyes closed. Out of nowhere right outside the bonfire with the ladder shortcut is this freakish little creature you have never seen anywhere in the game before

Edit yes my monitor was on.... I checked

I've never firsthand experienced those things and I've always always wanted to

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I've only ever seen two and both were when I was staying over at a friends house and we were playing side by side and we both saw one in our own game within an hour of each other. Different places too, he didn't know what they were so imagine me going ohhh my god dude and generally just losing my poo poo and trying to get him to understand and possibly experience the excitement for him self

folder
Oct 9, 2016
fellow hunters, is it a good idea for me to do the dlc content on my first run, or wait til ng+? for ref i am about lv 60 and struggle with early cainhurst enemies so my assumption is: wait

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

folder posted:

fellow hunters, is it a good idea for me to do the dlc content on my first run, or wait til ng+? for ref i am about lv 60 and struggle with early cainhurst enemies so my assumption is: wait

Enough trembling in your boots. A hunter must hunt.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

folder posted:

i would do it on your ng run, but i guess level if you want to. it doesn't hurt anything to poke your head in there and see how badly you get stomped, since it's a mostly single player game with nearly no penalty for death. also if you mean the cainhurst fleas, then you will probably struggle with those for as long as you play the game, because they're real bastards.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

folder posted:

there's weapons and outfits in there, why would you wait?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

ive seen like 8 or 9 some of them run away but some of them attack you and are pretty strong ._. they die easy though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've seen two of them, i think. it's a cool mechanic, like the stray miracle thing.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

folder posted:

I did it on ng+ and it was tough so yeah, you probably want to be at least in the 100s to try it.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The dlc bosses have way more health on ng+so take that as you will

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i've seen two of them, i think. it's a cool mechanic, like the stray miracle thing.

theres a permanent miracle circle in the woods with the human enemies near the darkmoon covenant cat on ps3. :-] the only other one ive seen was outside of the capra demon room

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

excuse me the cat is the forest covenant not the darkmmoon cov

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you should do the old hunters on ng becasue the bosses hve way more health on ng+

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i wish u could get the rakuyo earlier becasue it's the coolest weapon :sigh:

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i wish u could get the rakuyo earlier becasue it's the coolest weapon :sigh:

I was so excited to get it but by then I was used to how fast the blades of mercy are and I couldn't really go back :(

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

theres a permanent miracle circle in the woods with the human enemies near the darkmoon covenant cat on ps3. :-] the only other one ive seen was outside of the capra demon room

i feel like i've seen a ton of them on PC, but maybe i'm imagining things

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like Miyazaki saying there's still undiscovered stuff in bloodborne is just hype but then if the guide hadn't shown how to make contact with mother brain, would anyone have actually figured it out by now

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Someone somewhere has gone through the entirety of BB posing for every single thing in the game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

excuse me the cat is the forest covenant not the darkmmoon cov

woops

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i feel like i've seen a ton of them on PC, but maybe i'm imagining things

yeah, i think its a ps3 only glitch.

folder
Oct 9, 2016
thanks lads. gonna brace myself and "prepare to die"

sector_corrector posted:

also if you mean the cainhurst fleas, then you will probably struggle with those for as long as you play the game, because they're real bastards.

good to know. they certainly seem like fleas, have a lot of hp and jump about like it's going out of fashion :whitewater:

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

They're pretty annoying because you can't even sneak up on them to backstab them. There is a pattern to their jumps but yeah, get used to them now because they're also in the DLC.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

slurp slurp slurp

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

I played some bloody born rolling on mdma last night and it was epic. Would definitely recommend. I was hootin and hollerin at every slash of my blood sword while maniacally explaining it's mechanics to my roommate "ok so I can make the sword shoot blood, but it drains my life... What kind of retard would use this sword?... Get this.. you use it because it hurts them a lot more with blood!" But I also felt like a noob because I couldn't beat the shadows of Yarn Ham in ng+

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

You sound like a terrible person to do drugs with op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiking posted:

I played some bloody born rolling on mdma last night and it was epic. Would definitely recommend. I was hootin and hollerin at every slash of my blood sword while maniacally explaining it's mechanics to my roommate "ok so I can make the sword shoot blood, but it drains my life... What kind of retard would use this sword?... Get this.. you use it because it hurts them a lot more with blood!" But I also felt like a noob because I couldn't beat the shadows of Yarn Ham in ng+

:whitewater: