Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

chunkles posted:

i'm more mystified that someone buys $160 new balances every year

There is some guy at my office who is the perfect combination of midlife crisis and lonely divorced dude. Put a roll bar on his Z3, bought a new yellow Corvette, has a depressing condo across the street from work, and bragged about buying every pair of a specific high end shoe from the New Balance outlet.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WhyteRyce posted:

There is some guy at my office who is the perfect combination of midlife crisis and lonely divorced dude. Put a roll bar on his Z3, bought a new yellow Corvette, has a depressing condo across the street from work, and bragged about buying every pair of a specific high end shoe from the New Balance outlet.

Holy poo poo.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/stackmack/status/799047126953132032

Drake rocking the Doris Burke shirt is extremely good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

xbilkis posted:

Putting this shirt on the Christmas list

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Need that shirt

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

quote:

Browne: You go to a Raptors game and Drake is sitting there.

Burke: Can I tell you something about the last time I was there? I just could not believe this happened. Drake turned around—my seat at game six was right behind him—makes a heart shape [with his hands] and points at me. I’m looking around behind me to see who’s there, turn back to him and then he points and he does it again. I texted my daughter and said, ‘You need to know Drake just did this to me.’

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Doris Burke WCW shirt oh my god :swoon:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

xbilkis posted:

Whelp, this is the first time I've actually wanted to buy something from the NBA fashion thread.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

chunkles posted:

i'm more mystified that someone buys $160 new balances every year

They're really good running shoes, or good lawn mowing shoes when you've put too many miles on them.
I swear I'm not a Nazi

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/11/24/demarre-carroll-trying-spread-swag/

I've been saying since last year that Carroll is an underrated dresser, dude knows how to look good for fall and winter.

https://www.instagram.com/demarrecarroll1/

Queue someone up posting his latest pic where he looks like a dope in the brown coat, but most of it is good.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 24, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Anals of History posted:

They're really good running shoes, or good lawn mowing shoes when you've put too many miles on them.
I swear I'm not a Nazi

No shame, New Balances are good shoes. Which makes the loss more tragic because nazis are an abomination in the eyes of the Lord

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dematerialized Carroll looks like a drat moron with those graphic tees

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Henchman of Santa posted:

Bad news for any future Matt Bonners:
New Balance are now for Nazis

What happened to Doc Martins are they just regular punk again? Do the SHARPs get them back now from the fringe folks

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

NickRoweFillea posted:

No shame, New Balances are good shoes. Which makes the loss more tragic because nazis are an abomination in the eyes of the Lord

They're a killer look in China, too, cause NB is the short form of niu bi, which is a major profanity in Mandarin that translates, roughly, to "cow oval office". New Balances in China never have the NB logo so it's a bit of status symbol.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

DeimosRising posted:

They're a killer look in China, too, cause NB is the short form of niu bi, which is a major profanity in Mandarin that translates, roughly, to "cow oval office". New Balances in China never have the NB logo so it's a bit of status symbol.

Hah, looked this up to make sure you weren't pullin' "new bie" prank and internet says it's not only true but "cow pussy" is somehow also slang for "loving awesome". Maybe a little bit like how "fuckin A" works? Neat.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

straight up brolic posted:

Dematerialized Carroll looks like a drat moron with those graphic tees

Nah most of em are aight.

He seems to be a lot more active on social media these days, I think he's working on his *personal brand*.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

attackmole posted:

Queue someone up posting his latest pic where he looks like a dope in the brown coat, but most of it is good.

He looks like a high life can in that picture

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Henchman of Santa posted:

Bad news for any future Matt Bonners:
New Balance are now for Nazis

Headline "New Balance are now for Nazis"
Body: New Balance wants fairer trade regulations so they can make more shoes in the United States
Conclusion: New Balance is not a white power shoe company

Journalism in 2016 baby

Funnily enough aryan type people have longer and wider feet than average so new balance's wide range of widths are optimal for good aryan people

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Body: New Balance wants fairer trade regulations so they can make more shoes in the United States

Journalism in 2016 baby

Funnily enough aryan type people have longer and wider feet than average so new balance's wide range of widths are optimal for good aryan people

Well the headline is that Neo-Nazis have declared them to be so for silly reasons. I was just being sensationalist when sharing. I am the clickbait monster, I'm sorry.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
steph curry...a nazi...crazy times

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

EvanTH posted:

Hah, looked this up to make sure you weren't pullin' "new bie" prank and internet says it's not only true but "cow pussy" is somehow also slang for "loving awesome". Maybe a little bit like how "fuckin A" works? Neat.

Yeah it's the equivalent of "loving a(wesome)" or "x is the poo poo" in that it's extremely profane but a good thing. So it's like wearing something that says "i loving rule" in the US but it's not considered gauche and lame like that would be here. It's one of the main things Chinese people pick up if they visit the US, alongside baby formula and not knockoff electronics.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Journalism in 2016 baby

A reasonable opposition to unfair use of slave labor as a production strategy: literal fascism, possibly racist, DEFINITELY evil

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I'm not saying they are Nazi's, but I am saying a Nazi shoe company would probably first approach Matt Bonner.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Matt Bonner is an untermensch though...

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

Matt Bonner is an untermensch though...

You make exceptions for those who have shown they have risen above. He is a sandwich hunter, but check Storm Front to see what "Sandwich" is code for....

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

Boston is 7-1 this season when Stevens wears a tie, and a mere 3-6 when he does not. Call it happenstance if you prefer but with 20 percent of the season completed, the data can no longer be ignored.

Does Synergy track the types of ties or colors or knots he uses?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/shahanLA/status/805963922767388672/video/1

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Nick Young owns

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

No hateration allowed in this here dancery.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I always thought it was dance-for-three

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Gynecolojustice posted:

I always thought it was dance-for-three

Let's get it on the phone I crunk alone some soldiers dance for me

Also none of this, boots included, are from no more drama. These are all family affair jokes that gentleman was confused, Ms. Blige just really hates drama

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 12, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

drat

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
RIP

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/ErikHorneOK/status/810237295609704448

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Interesting movie by the rook

https://twitter.com/NBASlander/status/810652315594043393

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I just saw Ben Simmons live on Instagram and he said he wore it better than the rock

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

but is there a fanny-pack?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Not bad, imo:

https://twitter.com/br_kicks/status/810942962779779072

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Stevie Lee posted:

I just saw Ben Simmons live on Instagram and he said he wore it better than the rock

I don't like Ben Simmons anymore