Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So I've been drinking a lot today (Happy Thanksgiving!) and I just drunk-bought 3000 gems to do another 11 pull on the OK banner and got OK sword. I am extremely happy. I already mastered the gauntlets in the EXP dungeon and this is sweet as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Last dragon in the Engima++ dungeon dropped two motes. :toot:

Time to grind the poo poo out of that dungeon with an FF3 party I guess. Or solo it with a meteor-tossing OK...

KnoxZone posted:

They just confirmed that we are getting this in global as well, starting tomorrow.

:siren: This means that we are getting 21 mythril tomorrow morning :siren:

:aaa:

So much poo poo going on. Though I'd have been stunned if they hadn't run it concurrently in global because it's a pretty clear marketing push from SE. Shame there's no sign of an event in FFBE but getting my Exdeaths to 6* and doublecasting meteors on everything is also fun and good.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I prefer Ashe RW for that fight just so you can delete the flan master with single target first, because gently caress that guy and his ultimate thundagas.

An Ashe RW with two mages spamming her AOE is far better because you still wipe out the Flan Master extremely quickly and everything else will be half dead, or mostly dead, when Flan Master dies and by the time your burst modes end the flans will be almost dead, or dead if you have good AOE from your non-BSB'd mages.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I put 50 coins into the onion knight draw since I need ff3 stuff and came away with the gungnir, onion sword, white mage cloak, and the earth shield, which is amazing. should I walk away considering I have no 4 star motes to upgrade the onion knight and probably not enough eggs to get him to 99 or should I put in 50 more to try for his gloves. I have 223 mythril and I want to save for dumping an exorbitant amount on tg cid. thank you for your time.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Cowcaster posted:

I put 50 coins into the onion knight draw since I need ff3 stuff and came away with the gungnir, onion sword, white mage cloak, and the earth shield, which is amazing. should I walk away considering I have no 4 star motes to upgrade the onion knight and probably not enough eggs to get him to 99 or should I put in 50 more to try for his gloves. I have 223 mythril and I want to save for dumping an exorbitant amount on tg cid. thank you for your time.

You have a high chance of getting a dupe and you have a BSB. I'd save your mythril for another banner.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cowcaster posted:

Wait three hours. See what happens on the Black Friday Burst draw, and evaluate based on that.

(For example, if you pull Celes' BSB, that devalues onion kid somewhat if you have some other good haste.)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also I kind of really want to root for the onion knight he's got 1300 hp at level 80 so far and I want that baby boy to grow up and kill them all

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cowcaster posted:

also I kind of really want to root for the onion knight he's got 1300 hp at level 80 so far and I want that baby boy to grow up and kill them all

That's exactly why I'm leveling mine up despite not getting any of his SBs.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Ways to level Onion Knight without him dying:

1) Put him in the back row, with one of Refia's throwing weaps if you have one.
2) You should really be using one of the EXP Up RMs on him, but the Gentle Soul RM will give him shell at the start of each battle. If you're like me and just want to auto and forget, one lost battle's worth of XP will wipe out 500 stamina's worth of whatever you would have gained from an EXP RM.
3) Alternately, use Amarant's/Delita's RM2 on sturdier characters to start each battle with Draw Fire and Magic Lure, respectively. He'll never get hit.
4) If you have it from a past FF8 event, equip him with the Veil of Adel accessory for +700 HP.
5) Have a White Mage with Pulse Kindness or one of the other "Cure instead of Attack" RMs to keep everyone topped up.

If you can't do any of the above, bring a White Mage with Raise or Curaise to get him up before the end of each battle. He'll be a glass cannon until he gets into the 90s, so be ready to raise.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Varance posted:

2) You should really be using one of the EXP Up RMs on him, but the Gentle Soul RM will give him shell at the start of each battle. If you're like me and just want to auto and forget, one lost battle's worth of XP will wipe out 500 stamina's worth of whatever you would have gained from an EXP RM.
3) Alternately, use Amarant's/Delita's MC2 on sturdier characters to start each battle with Draw Fire and Magic Lure, respectively. He'll never get hit.
4) If you have it from a past FF8 event, equip him with the Veil of Adel accessory for +700 HP.
5) Have a White Mage with Pulse Kindness or one of the other "Cure instead of Attack" RMs to keep everyone topped up.

If you can't do any of the above, bring a White Mage with Raise or Curaise to get him up before the end of each battle. He'll be a glass cannon until he gets into the 90s, so be ready to raise.

You dont NEED the Onion Knight in the party to get his motes, right? Because, I've did three laps of the drat ++ and I didn't get a single drop.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cosmic Afro posted:

You dont NEED the Onion Knight in the party to get his motes, right? Because, I've did three laps of the drat ++ and I didn't get a single drop.

No, the motes are just rare drops AFAIK.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The EXP up RMs aren't as valuable for the FF3 crew in the EXP dungeon, since they override synergy experience boosts. You'll still get a bonus when they trigger, but it's only an increase of 33% from what they'd usually get.

But you can auto-battle the fights fine enough, so if you don't need anything else on OK for survivability then go ahead and stick it on him.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Varance posted:

3) Alternately, use Amarant's/Delita's RM2 on sturdier characters to start each battle with Draw Fire and Magic Lure, respectively. He'll never get hit.

6) Eggs

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I got OK's SSB and egged him up to 97. Would've loved the BSB but I'll take another debuff SSB, plus I got Arc's medical, which is greatly appreciated since all I had before was tailwind and Eiko's hastega+médica, which just wasn't cutting it on the ultimate battles.
I used every single egg. I regret nothing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Seeing Onion Knight jump from 1400 HP with synergy to 7000 HP with synergy after going up one single level is pretty great.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

CaptainPsyko posted:

Wait three hours. See what happens on the Black Friday Burst draw, and evaluate based on that.

(For example, if you pull Celes' BSB, that devalues onion kid somewhat if you have some other good haste.)
3 hours? I'd assume it drops way way later than that.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Do all these XP dragons resist every element or what?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Fister Roboto posted:

Do all these XP dragons resist every element or what?

Every element but Dark and Bio, I believe.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Nihilarian posted:

3 hours? I'd assume it drops way way later than that.

Should be going up with the dailies reset. 25 minutes now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Varance posted:

I gave him the pumpkin for evasion and the gigas armlet for resist and stuck him in the back row.

So far so good.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well, 10 3*s, and then Lunar Stinger.

Could have been worse, and I guess I needed more XIII synergy.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Black Friday banner is full price, oh well let's see what I get

Vivi's Flame Staff, Fang's Rhomphaia, Gilgamesh's Masamune. GET. THE. gently caress. IN

I don't even care that all my bursts are FF5 and FF13 now, except Vivi's.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tiny Bee

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I already had Tiny Bee

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Razzmatazz - not as good as the OK Banner, but I'll take it.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Well, I didn't get OK's bracers.

But that's OK. I got Celes' Lightbringer, which is, honestly, just about as good in my books for the moment. Also Tiny Bees.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Firion's sun blade and my second Ashe's defiance

Not bad, but kind of disappointing since I only had three BSBs when I pulled but still managed to get a duplicate.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I got Maria's bow. That's good right?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Overture and First Fusion Sword (dupe)

It's like I got the same BSB twice. That was dissapointing.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

.5 % chance. Sorry man.

Tiny beez are da trap.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I literally just doubled the amount of BSBs I own, and half of them are in FF5. Can't loving wait to ruin the next FF5 CM

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

CaptainPsyko posted:

Should be going up with the dailies reset. 25 minutes now.
huh, so it did

I think Ogrekiller is largely inferior to Leon's BSB, and Leon is definitely a better character. BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT poo poo WELCOME ABOARD FARIS AND SYLDRA :krakentoot:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Oh hey, Black Friday Draw is up... time to get another Tiny B... :stare:

Okay, so 4x Tiny B... :stare:

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 25, 2016

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011
Noel's sword and Terra's rod. Glad to finally have a magic burst and glad I didn't get Vaan's for a third time. How's Noel's sword stack up? I have Vaan's and Beatrix's as my other two in my A Team.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I have 49 mythril. :sigh:

Guess I have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Only one on my draw, but it wasn't a dupe. Razzmatazz.

I think I'm okay with this?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
2x Leon's BSB and 1x Locke's BSB (dupe). I'll take it. :toot:

Also, am I insanely lucky with the Onion Motes? I've run the highest level exp dungeon twice and have gotten 5 so far.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SmokingFrog0641 posted:

Noel's sword and Terra's rod. Glad to finally have a magic burst and glad I didn't get Vaan's for a third time. How's Noel's sword stack up? I have Vaan's and Beatrix's as my other two in my A Team.

Decent SB, on a character that's fairly short on options. Noel honestly doesn't have much going for him next to Vaan, but at least having both that and Ark Blast means you might be able to leave a Support behind.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Lucky BSB Banner: Dupe Stardust Rod, which I honestly kind of saw that one coming, Masamune-Shinuchi. Could be better but could be a lot worse. At least it's a gimmick against really hard bosses and it actually ages well as enemy DEF goes up? Not really jumping for joy, but so it goes. Onward to the Onion banner pulls that were put off by my ironclad discipline! Pull #1: Lust Dagger. Pull #2: Heroic Shield... Lust Dagger. Maaaan... I get what I need, or at least I get things that allow me to do content and all, I very rarely actually strike out, but it's been a long rear end time since I actually pulled out an item I wanted from a non-Lucky banner. Last time I think was Dreamstage on the healer banner, however many months ago that was. Ah gently caress it, Onion Gauntlets will be back.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

U-DO Burger posted:

I already had Tiny Bee

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

.5 % chance. Sorry man.