Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

I am kind, brave and deserve love.

The MSJ posted:

Triceratops absorbed the much cooler Torosaurus. It turns out that Torosaurus is more than likely a fully-grown Triceratops, but since Triceratops got named first no more Torosaurus.

It happened with a dinosaur named Dracorex (KING DRAGON) too. Or maybe it was Stygimoloch (DEMON FROM STYX). One of those dinosaurs was probably just a juvenile version of an adult thick-head dinosaur like Pachycephalosaurus.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-17192624

"A study has rejected claims that Triceratops and the lesser-known Torosaurus are one and the same type of dinosaur."

Live the Dream!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Turok wept.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

It's irrelevant to Turok. He'll just incinerate it with a plasma gun and quad-barreled rocket launcher anyways.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
God drat Lunchmoney Lewis is a cool name.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Phanatic posted:

Happy Thanksgiving.

Lunchmoney Lewis is my new hero.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Man, I want the loving beanie.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Everyone in WW2 supplied soldiers with some kind of stimulant drug. America and Britain used dexedrine, Germany and Japan with Meth (Germany made a pill with oxycodone, cocaine and methamphetamine, they didnt get to use it much)

The allies had a whole arsenal of drugs for the soldiers as well , I'm sure everyone has seen the video floating around of the British testing out hallucinogens on the troops

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_and_culture_of_substituted_amphetamines

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If i ever go to (world)war and whether or not i live and die is mostly up to chance i would want to be on a lot of drugs as well tbh

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Gorilla Salad posted:

Man, I want the loving beanie.

Lunchmoney Lewis is clearly American (the giveaway is the parade), you're probably American, and today is Yanqui Thanksgiving, so I'll forgive you this one time.

But that's clearly a toque, you southern heathen. Wear it in October, like I will when it becomes mine.

I must have it.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

At least we know there are some constants in this world.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

The MSJ posted:

Triceratops absorbed the much cooler Torosaurus. It turns out that Torosaurus is more than likely a fully-grown Triceratops, but since Triceratops got named first no more Torosaurus.

It happened with a dinosaur named Dracorex (KING DRAGON) too. Or maybe it was Stygimoloch (DEMON FROM STYX). One of those dinosaurs was probably just a juvenile version of an adult thick-head dinosaur like Pachycephalosaurus.

It's ok in 2012 other scientists said that those scientists were full of it and they are separate species again. Turns out that there is no evidence to suggest that the sculls radically changed shape as they matured and you can't just have babies and adults with nothing in between.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The MSJ posted:

Man the upcoming monsterhunter has some kickass monster names.

E:
Dracorex hogwartsia
What is this loving poo poo

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 18:50 on Nov 24, 2016

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Phanatic posted:

Happy Thanksgiving.

God drat god drat god drat god drat.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Phanatic posted:

Happy Thanksgiving.

Gonna guess this is NOT his first parade.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

E:
Dracorex hogwartsia
I thought I would have to be the one to bring this back from the last page. 'Dragon king of Hogwarts', gently caress you nerds.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

GO

gently caress

YOURSELF

FEATHER

HATER

I love you.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Zzulu posted:

If i ever go to (world)war and whether or not i live and die is mostly up to chance i would want to be on a lot of drugs as well tbh
Yeah, the risk of addiction seems rather less significant when it's paired up with the ongoing risk of being perforated.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What if they changed all army posters to just GIT CRUNK AF ?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:laffo: if you think the US doesn't put their high-end soldiers on steroid cycles.

Unrelated image I find funny:

YOU CAN DO IT, LITTLE GOLF BALL!

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Phanatic posted:

Happy Thanksgiving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IrQHeDcMi8

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tenchi Muyo gets me wet posted:

:laffo: if you think the US doesn't put their high-end soldiers on steroid cycles.

It would be massively irresponsible not to.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

He is a national treasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN6bZCDOdMo

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Met posted:

Behold! T-Rex.

Looks like a grizzly humped an ostrich

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Memento posted:

This has been the best post on the forums in a hell of a long time.

edit: also, Flying T-rexes would be boss as gently caress so I have no idea what you're complaining about.

The first time I saw feathered t-rex of some kind, I thought "Ha ha! How quaint!"

Then I remembered my friend's angry aggressive parakeet that despite being four inches tall scares the living gently caress out of me because a pissed off bird knows no fear.

Now the idea of feathered t-rex makes me think "angry fluffy bus with teeth" and it's right back to terrifying again. :gonk:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

sassassin posted:

It would be massively irresponsible not to.

No, you see. Steroids are evil. There is NO way to safely administer them.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dewgy posted:

The first time I saw feathered t-rex of some kind, I thought "Ha ha! How quaint!"

Then I remembered my friend's angry aggressive parakeet that despite being four inches tall scares the living gently caress out of me because a pissed off bird knows no fear.

Now the idea of feathered t-rex makes me think "angry fluffy bus with teeth" and it's right back to terrifying again. :gonk:

Birds give no fucks. My dad has one that's got a crippled wing from when a cat got it. That little fucker no longer flies out of the cage at me but it's been known to flop out to the floor and walk around the house squawking at me. Fucker.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Len posted:

Birds give no fucks. My dad has one that's got a crippled wing from when a cat got it. That little fucker no longer flies out of the cage at me but it's been known to flop out to the floor and walk around the house squawking at me. Fucker.

I know, right? The little ones are basically only cute because they are tiny. Geese and swans are fuckers. I can't imagine the horror of a 10 foot tall goose.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gently caress that took me a while.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Facebook Aunt posted:

I know, right? The little ones are basically only cute because they are tiny. Geese and swans are fuckers. I can't imagine the horror of a 10 foot tall goose.

Somebody did a drawing of what people might've thought Swans looked like if they were extinct and all we had were their bones

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Guy Goodbody posted:

Somebody did a drawing of what people might've thought Swans looked like if they were extinct and all we had were their bones

murderchickens want your soul

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Guy Goodbody posted:

Seems pretty accurate

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
A cat in the same manner:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Phy posted:

A cat in the same manner:

This makes me wonder what if it turns out dinosaurs looked a lot like Golden Retrievers? What if they were adorable as heck and we missed it?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dracorex hogwartsia

Turns out scientists are nerds. Who knew?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tiggum posted:

Turns out scientists are nerds. Who knew?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strigiphilus_garylarsoni

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Guy Goodbody posted:

Here's a zebra by the same principle.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_hedgehog

• Locked thread