Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's the Swedish equivalent of the SOUMI LEIONA RIIPUS so you can tell i bastun when your colleague has gone 100% nazi?

e: Forgot the n, sorry.

I can't think of a classic Swedish nationalist icon, but Thor's hammer is always a giveaway. I assume it sees use in all Nordic countries.

edit: mind you, I've known people who wear it without being overtly racist and were just hillbillies who like Manowar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beeswax posted:

edit: mind you, I've known people who wear it without being overtly racist and were just hillbillies who like Manowar.

Yeah that's a bit problematic but then again it's a fairly safe bet they're also hitlers to some degree.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
it can mean they're underground asatru-shocktroops. or that they enjoy a metal concert now and then

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

MiddleOne posted:

Reminds me of a trashy post-apocalypse novel (what if a magical virus ate all electrical circuits) I read couple of years ago where Swedish society eventually reforms into coastal castle-towns to protect themselves from danish raids. :sweden:
Stjärnklart. A good book. And not just danish raids, but the entire country splits into little fiefdoms warring between each other over the last remaining resources. I really liked the small side stories of personal tragedies as a result of the complete collapse of technology.

The second and third books in the series kind of go off the deep end, but they're entertaining nonetheless.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Collateral Damage posted:

Stjärnklart. A good book. And not just danish raids, but the entire country splits into little fiefdoms warring between each other over the last remaining resources. I really liked the small side stories of personal tragedies as a result of the complete collapse of technology.

The second and third books in the series kind of go off the deep end, but they're entertaining nonetheless.

Looking at global temperatures recently this might be less fiction and more fact pretty soon. Don't build on the coast, though, for obvious reasons.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Koorisch posted:

Fan, varför kan inte folk sluta skylla allt på invandrare/flyktingar hela jävla tiden, börjar få folk på jobbet som börjar tro på den skiten! :arghfist::(

Jobbade två år för Stockholms Lokaltrafik. Du må tro hur mycket skit jag fick höra där....gärna med invandrande kollegor i samma rum. :cripes:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Collateral Damage posted:

the author is a libertarian nutjob though

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

TheFluff posted:

the author is a libertarian nutjob though

They always are.
After the apocalypse books are all based on the idea that it is society which hinders the author from being successful and restarting society as a blank slate is the way to go.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cardiac posted:

They always are.
After the apocalypse books are all based on the idea that it is society which hinders the author from being successful and restarting society as a blank slate is the way to go.

But in the book the survivalist nutjob suffers the most during his extensive journey and has the most depressing and futile death. :v:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

MiddleOne posted:

But in the book the survivalist nutjob suffers the most during his extensive journey and has the most depressing and futile death. :v:
Depressing and futile is the most noble of deaths.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

QbbSv9XKZQyzcKWCwPmV
lUJ5VrOOAlr8qM3hPwBC
tIhOvWCwDG9v7RMfwh2c
ymSDfBflGZRJo38y5Co7
PT5GPEo7rtRP4z2UEwdm
Yfmy8gIKfXa1rI6w3Zu1
OYaVoyUFZAZyyqGz5IlK
5mTBt8tqWmsCJxQabVjM
YAQ9AmL0g3YG807BOPQq
rE1Jc7kv7BrMprK88h6o

Plasmafountain fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 27, 2023

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Look for a job in another country or pray to the gods that Brent Oil turns.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

BigglesSWE posted:

Jobbade två år för Stockholms Lokaltrafik. Du må tro hur mycket skit jag fick höra där....gärna med invandrande kollegor i samma rum. :cripes:

Sköterskor på sjukhuset i Malmö vill ha en "ny Hitler" för att "rensa upp", och dom var invandrare själva.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Fox Cunning posted:

Sköterskor på sjukhuset i Malmö vill ha en "ny Hitler" för att "rensa upp", och dom var invandrare själva.

länka tack! skulle vara intressant att läsa om

börjar för övrigt salivera när jag ser din avatar

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Beeswax posted:

I can't think of a classic Swedish nationalist icon, but Thor's hammer is always a giveaway. I assume it sees use in all Nordic countries.

I wore that as a kid because it was Thor and that is kicking rad he once beat Captain America he was so bad.

But yeah, it can be hard to tell with the hammer sometimes. It gets sold regularly at markets to people who just think it looks cool and mystical after all.

Edit:^^^^ Har hört liknande på tidigare arbetsplatser, speciellt inom vården. Oftast från polska USK etc.

För övrigt är saltlakrits så extremt gott att jag bunkrat upp med en hel byrålåda full med det tills juletid. Får se om det tar slut innan.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 20, 2016

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Zero Gravitas posted:

Norwegians, can you please tell me when I can expect some mechanical engineering jobs to appear on NAV/Finn? I know the oil price crash hosed you, but I've been watching for six bloody months and the only jobs that come up are in other countries or mean I have to enter academia *again* and waste four years on a doctorate in something I care very little about.

Im almost at the stage of pulling the trigger of forming my own company just so I'll have something to do when I move over sometime in the next year with my family.

Yeah, it's hard and even harder if you're not fluent in the language (which I'm assuming you're not?). Were you looking to work offshore though? Anyway, there's definitely a pretty cold market for engineers at the moment (my brother is an electrical engineer and he just got laid off due to seniority even though he did badly needed profitable work for the company).

Do you know what starting and running a business in Norway entails though? If you're actually thinking about it, there's some stuff you should be aware of. You can toss me a PM if you need some quick advice.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My dream job is to be a bartender on Svalbard. How do I get this?

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

eightpole posted:

You could try contacting the hotels and bars/restaurants listed here:
http://www.visitsvalbard.com/en/Frontpage

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

eightpole posted:

How many people have you murdered?

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Xh6R9p0P6NtKWNGnI6YJ
DQ0orrYa4syEU8fornmc
hQSOSvV2bAJ2OgvuKQIF
5mG8m72PjJ1n7Uigsh49
qhctwkxQdPsVGVCCgkHP
8zPoPlNBHUCryPotBH2X
YorfVuaf3x1ruWqSttwd
ai3oOain7Rk7mITFL52C
WOk3LLKbYVlXaFnohNGS

Plasmafountain fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 27, 2023

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Fox Cunning posted:

Liksom din avatar, ger detta mig dålig smak i munnen.

Jag fattar att folk har olika perspektiv men Hitler is never the answer you guys!

Skriver för övrigt i detta nu ett PM om de homosexuellas situation under Förintelsen. Arbetet har spätt på mitt nazisthat mer än jag trodde var möjligt, men vet inte om jag ser det som ett problem.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Zero Gravitas posted:

I dont know what it entails just yet. I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that I may have to go that route and freelance doing what I do to engineering companies in Norway and the UK when I move over there since there doesnt appear to be that many roles advertised. My current contract excludes me from setting a company up while still employed at my current employer. I've recently been told about Proff.no and I've been hammering engineering keywords into it over the weekend looking for firms I can cold apply to.

Sure, but that's hardly the only place to look. If you can ally with someone with some norwegian language skill, there's a lot of places to look:

https://karrierestart.no/yrke/48

There's a for instance. Lots of places to leave your resume.

Here's the union (it's smart to be a member):

https://www.tekna.no/en

Here's another place specifically for engineers:

http://ingeniorstillinger.no/

Don't know it that helps, but I wish you the best of luck regardless. Don't be afraid to pop into the scandinavian thread for advice and gentle mockery:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3480864

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Tragic news from Denmark.

Please keep us in your hearts in these trying times.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Whaaat? We had a secret santa and they're sending all the toys back? :(

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

Wild Horses posted:

länka tack! skulle vara intressant att läsa om

börjar för övrigt salivera när jag ser din avatar

Nä alltså det är vad jag hört på plats... Fikarumssnack.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Dagens i-landsproblem.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Fox Cunning posted:

jahaja D:
ja sånt kan ju vara rakt obehagligt att lida sig igenom

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Dansken visar sig än en gång svag

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Med sprit tvingar vi dansken på knä?

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

His Divine Shadow posted:

Ja vafan, blir nog trevligt!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

eightpole posted:

Ja vafan, blir nog trevligt!

Att besegra en dansk med alkohol är lika otroligt som att besegra en människa med för mycket luft. Det går, men det är smartare att bara se till att de inte kan andas längre.

Därav måste vi få Danmark nyktert.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

evilmiera posted:

Att besegra en dansk med alkohol är lika otroligt som att besegra en människa med för mycket luft. Det går, men det är smartare att bara se till att de inte kan andas längre.

Därav måste vi få Danmark nyktert.

Jag ser inte hur mer alkohol inte löser det här problemet.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

MiddleOne posted:

Jag ser inte hur mer alkohol inte löser det här problemet.

Hur mycket alkohol tror du vi kan producera för att få Danmark allt för fulla för att slåss? Tror inte det finns vatten nog i Skandinavien även om vi bara gjorde 90procentigt.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Bara om du är en finne.
Har svårt att se en svensk eller norsk lyckas med det.
Så dags att annektera Finland igen?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Fox Cunning posted:

Jag är glad det inte förekommer på min arbetsplats för jag vet inte om jag kunnat besinna mig ifall det hände regelbundet.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Cardiac posted:

Bara om du är en finne.
Har svårt att se en svensk eller norsk lyckas med det.
Så dags att annektera Finland igen?

Gärna, sipilä fuckar upp det här skitlandet, och gärna kronan igen istället för euron. Fun fact, Finland har haft kronan längre än de hade marken.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Sorgligt nog har du nog rätt i att krig skulle vara värt det bara för att slippa eurozonen.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Gärna, sipilä fuckar upp det här skitlandet, och gärna kronan igen istället för euron. Fun fact, Finland har haft kronan längre än de hade marken.

Fast med tanke på storleken på våra respektive krigsmakter så är nog motsatsen troligare.
Särskilt som Finland tydligen mörkar hur mycket material de har.
Tydligen har Finland överfört en massa artilleri som tidigare låg i marinen till armen och därmed ökat antalet kanonrör med 30-40%.
Om kanonrören låg i marinen behövdes de tydligen inte bokföras på samma sätt internationellt.
Ni har typ 3-4x gånger mer artilleri än Tyskland.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Det är sota nu!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Make Sweden Great Again

Kom igen Tjabo, you know you want to!