Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
on the other hand dipo has very pretty sleepy eyes so at least there's that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

leftist heap posted:

on the other hand dipo has very pretty sleepy eyes so at least there's that

No, there's not that. He's not getting paid absurd millions for his baby blues, he's getting paid absurd millions to put a ball in a hoop.....which is more absurd perhaps, but there you have it.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mr. Mambold posted:

No, there's not that. He's not getting paid absurd millions for his baby blues, he's getting paid absurd millions to put a ball in a hoop.....which is more absurd perhaps, but there you have it.

why do you think Oladipo got that extension friend. cause of his cute droopy eyes

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

leftist heap posted:

why do you think Oladipo got that extension friend. cause of his cute droopy eyes

Lmfao there's a new sleepwalking dick toucher in OKC. Move over james Harden

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lmfao there's a new sleepwalking dick toucher in OKC. Move over james Harden

if they'd only offered Jim then what they're giving Victor now. Funny how it all works out. Blue eyes cryin in the rain.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oladipo is good I will fight this

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I am thankful for ya'll and having a place full of smart NBA fans.

Also for the 2015 championship though I now think it was the first sign of the apocalypse and we are all reaping what it started.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Oladipo is shooting way better than he should and will and his ws/48 is still .082. He's a net neutral or negative according to whatever metric you use. He's not good even when he's good and it's sad

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

has boban been playing for the pistons

Rarely because we don't blow teams out much. He is not a per minute Hall of Famer this year so far.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Honestly Oladipo lost me when he kicked off his dunk contest section by coming out in a tuxedo t shirt and fedora and proceeded to start singing so atonally that Rihanna had to hide her mouth so the cameras couldn't catch her cracking up

e: I did not remember correctly. She actually just laughed out loud. I'm sorry

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 25, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh god Bogut not you too
https://twitter.com/andrewbogut/status/801998619415113728

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

Austrian wine is better than German wine because the terroir is generally much more conducive to unique wines, if you like white try a Grüner Veltliner...goes great with green bean casserole

Everything about Austria is like Germany but better except the girls. Better scenery, better food, better religion, better people

And now they have an NBA player

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

Oladipo is shooting way better than he should and will and his ws/48 is still .082. He's a net neutral or negative according to whatever metric you use. He's not good even when he's good and it's sad

Here's a metric for you: METAPODS MOTHERFUCKING EYE TEST aka MMFET

MMFET says Dipo is good but has a lot of room to improve in terms of finishing around the rim and defense, and is a nice young man

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

Here's a metric for you: METAPODS MOTHERFUCKING EYE TEST aka MMFET

MMFET says Dipo is good but has a lot of room to improve in terms of finishing around the rim and defense, and is a nice young man

Westbrook draws so much attention that it seems like Oladipo's fg% should be way up from dump off pases on cuts as Westbrook jumps toward the rim with all the help leaning towards him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
In theory yes but the way teams are able to play okc due to lack of shooting makes that harder than you would think

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

In theory yes but the way teams are able to play okc due to lack of shooting makes that harder than you would think

When I watch OKC I think the same thing as when I watch the Pistons, you, over there, make your open three, and he says no, I don't think I will do that

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I don't see the issue?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

When I watch OKC I think the same thing as when I watch the Pistons, you, over there, make your open three, and he says no, I don't think I will do that

It seems we are in the same conundrum friend :sympathy:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

bogut joining such nba e-sports luminaries as daryl morey and gordon hayward

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Draymond Green and Luke Walton made a bet on the Arizona-Michigan State game, and Draymond lost. he paid Walton in quarters

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

And Shaq and Rick Fox.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Esports is rrrreeeaaallllll

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

Honestly Oladipo lost me when he kicked off his dunk contest section by coming out in a tuxedo t shirt and fedora and proceeded to start singing so atonally that Rihanna had to hide her mouth so the cameras couldn't catch her cracking up

Nah Dipo killed that poo poo.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I've been a hater since forever but I watched some Counterstrike on TBS the other day and honestly...it was pretty entertaining.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I've been a hater since forever but I watched some Counterstrike on TBS the other day and honestly...it was pretty entertaining.

The e league presentation is far and away the best it's been on tv, it's nice

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

boxcarhobo posted:

The e league presentation is far and away the best it's been on tv, it's nice

ESPN's presentation of the Street Fighter V top 8 finals at EVO 2016 was kind of the best thing ever.

[edit]

chunkles posted:

Rick Fox owns Echo Fox esports, and Shaq is part owner of NRG esports. These men have good foresight. Esports gonna be huge.

teagone fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 25, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Yeah but to be fair he probably doesn't know where he is 80% of the time. And the other 20% he's probably just like "eh, I'm gonna go with it"

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I forget the exact story cause I haven't heard it in years so I'm probably fudging some details, but here's something that apparently happened: one of my dad's buddies was doing a classical music gig with the San Diego symphony. Something happened and there were issues with where he was supposed to stay. So the symphony called in some help from its donors, and apparently Bill Walton stepped up and had the dude stay in his guesthouse: he's one of the symphony's biggest supporters.

Bill Walton seems like the kind of dude to be ecstatic to let wandering musicians crash at his place. Didn't realize he was a classical guy, but eh, guess he's into everything.

things bill walton likes:
classical music
the grateful dead
dogs
biking
tipis
e-sports
???????

Dude's good at getting enthusiastic about drat near everything.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
He's a passionate man and we should all strive to emulate that kind of passion.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
That dude must have gotten to hear a bunch of awesome comparisons between random everyday things and famous pieces of music.

Bill Walton still randomly slips in super harsh comments and it's jarring because he's normally so mellow. Though nothing beats the "What a sad performance by a pathetic human being" comment.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Spite posted:

That dude must have gotten to hear a bunch of awesome comparisons between random everyday things and famous pieces of music.

what if he can't turn it off?

this Beethoven piece you're performing reminds me of Beethoven and the age of the romantics

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

EvanTH posted:

Wow look at that hand

I wish NBA players would drink on the court because (amongst other reasons) the size of those bottles in the baseball mitt hands really lets you know those folks are working on a different scale of human hugeness.

Also that's an extremely expensive bottle of wine I wonder what it tastes like.

Someone Post Nurkic's Dad Drinking Hands I'm on mobile

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
If Bill Walton decides to call you out during a broadcast, you know you've hosed up big time. I picture him as the type of loving guy who says hi to every tree whenever he takes a walk through the forest.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

If the James Bond movies had a final boss this guy would be it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think like regular sports some history with it helps. Like DOTA 2 is ok, I'll watch the International, but I don't care that much. Whereas Overwatch, a game I play, I go out of my way to watch it.

Probably why I connect to basketball and on a small level all the other sports a Californian plays in P.E. Hockey is alien to me, I watch the Stanley Cup and feel the same as the International.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

That owned actually.

lol at wearing a suit to an NBA game.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Well I'm glad you guys liked Oladipo trying to sing in a tuxedo tshirt, anyways. It filled me with dread

Rumors are FLYING about thibs getting impatient and wanting to trade people! Sounds made up! Make it happen!

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/799655755775377412

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 25, 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

Zach Lowe is effing weird.

Also:

Those are 1.5 l bottles aren't they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I watched this Harvard vs Standford college bball game that took place in China for some reason and it was sponsored by some company called Alibaba. Bill Walton was on commentary and proceeded to shill the poo poo out of that company the whole time.

They also showed him having a blast at Chinese Disneyland, which was pretty great.

• Locked thread