Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Alaois posted:

elliot is[...] not incredibly grating

are... are you sure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Alaois posted:

the difference is that elliot is actually funny and not incredibly grating and trying to shove stupid vocabulary into every joke he makes

i tried relistening to the McElroy-run episode of the flophouse, it's excruciating

Elliot and Diane Rehm are the only two voices that will make me instinctively mute my radio. The worst.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you people have a very weird aversion to voices that i will never understand

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Getting a lil too heated in this thread on this nice kind holiday. Let's all enjoy some nice Paul Blart mocking comedy stylings instead :)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Alaois posted:

he says, in the thread for the McElroy brothers

:ironicat:

e: to not just poo poo up the thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6aGsxoJuNM
Still the bit I keep coming back to the most

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Alaois posted:

I think you might be tone-deaf or voice-blind or something.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like Flop House and think Elliot's voice is perfectly normal but lol @ trying to act like it's not something that can bother people when he himself has tons of jokes about his weird cartoon man voice.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The first time I heard an ad for The Flophouse, I genuinely thought it was one guy doing three voices. Two silly voices, and then his regular voice in the middle.

There were also people in this thread that had a hard time distinguishing Justin from Travis for awhile, so there is some precedent for voice blindness here.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I can distinguish Justin from Travis but whenever Travis talks I'm never quite sure if it's him or Justin

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Elliot is a hero

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It took me a really long time to distinguish the brothers voices, but I'm also very dumb with that stuff.

The Smirls, however, have very distinct voices.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
The Flophouse is poo poo and Elliott is annoying as gently caress. Just hearing his annoying grating voice on a Max Fun ad makes me want to stab him.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's actually........ good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

All smiles here in the McElroy thread :)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Wake_N_Bake posted:

The Flophouse is poo poo and Elliott is annoying as gently caress. Just hearing his annoying grating voice on a Max Fun ad makes me want to stab him.

You may want to see a therapist

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this guy.......has a slightly high pitched voice.........................what the gently caress

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I got used to the McElroy voices, so I could probably enjoy the flophouse too. I don't listen to podcasts unless I'm driving or flying and don't spend too much time on movies, so I don't have much incentive to listen to them. I liked most of their TAZ takeover besides the sex bit though.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Alaois posted:

this guy.......has a slightly high pitched voice.........................what the gently caress

I think it's more the nasality than the pitch. And the way he uses cadence, sometimes.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Coffee And Pie posted:

There's a Thomas the Tank Engine balloon in the parade and all I could think of was Touch the Skyrim

Griffin tweeted something earlier about not being able to look at Thomas quite the same way ever again, which makes me think you're not alone.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Alaois posted:

the difference is that elliot is actually funny and not incredibly grating and trying to shove stupid vocabulary into every joke he makes

i tried relistening to the McElroy-run episode of the flophouse, it's excruciating

Why... are you in this thread, then?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

zimbomonkey posted:

I can distinguish Justin from Travis but whenever Travis talks I'm never quite sure if it's him or Justin

I have this weird thing where I reflexively associate colors and objects to sounds. Voices are no different. Considering the huge amount of time I spend on the phone for work, it comes in handy.

Even though no one asked:
Justin is a plum.
Travis is hay.
Griffin is a pear jelly bean.

Oh poo poo those are all food, in a sense.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

I have this weird thing where I reflexively associate colors and objects to sounds. Voices are no different. Considering the huge amount of time I spend on the phone for work, it comes in handy.

Justin is a plum.
Travis is hay.

Hay is for horses

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Also for cows

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Til Death Do Us Blart continues to be a source of great warmth is this cold, cold season. It probably isn't the sort of podcast I'd like to hear once a week or even once a month what with it being unedited and all, but yearly it's a treat. The best part of this year's was probably the part where they had the collective realization that they forgot about the DeathBlart email address on approximately November 27, 2015 and have to hack their way back into it.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Inzombiac posted:

Justin is a plum.
Travis is hay.

Sounds like synesthesia. Lucky you.

Also, I'm really sorry guys. Didn't mean to angry up the blood on Thanksgiving. The brothers are all great, and collectively make my week better in many different ways.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Why... are you in this thread, then?

I like Sawbones

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Modern Leper posted:

Sounds like synesthesia. Lucky you.

Also, I'm really sorry guys. Didn't mean to angry up the blood on Thanksgiving. The brothers are all great, and collectively make my week better in many different ways.

It's a curse, I tell you. A CURSE.
It's actually completely benign. Sometimes I get confused and say stuff like, "I'm looking for a car that is like marbles" but that's rare.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
for some reason "Justin is a plum" fits well

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tatum Girlparts posted:

for some reason "Justin is a plum" fits well

Hell yeah it does. I talked about Calypso music today and said it was "fizzy gold music". My coworker agreed but maybe he was placating the crazy guy in the office.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

I listened to both Death Blart episodes this week and I was compelled to check out the two scenes unanimously agreed upon to be the only actual funny ones in the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGm-DTbctSM
bird fight with the pro-life pianist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txSg0WZRS3E
banana

I don't think the scenes in and of themselves are that funny, but recalling the guys discuss them while I was watching made me laugh really hard? Til Death Do Us Blart is truly the lotus flower floating above the lovely waters of PBMC2

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Alaois posted:

they wouldn't be goons without weird, hyperbolic and effusive opinions about more-or-less insignificant things

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

standard owl posted:

I don't think the scenes in and of themselves are that funny, but recalling the guys discuss them while I was watching made me laugh really hard? Til Death Do Us Blart is truly the lotus flower floating above the lovely waters of PBMC2

There's a phenomenon I've noticed when watching terrible movies... any part that isn't offensively bad gets elevated in your mind to being a lot better than it was, haha.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

they should scrap whatever plan they have for TAZ season 2 and just make it a paul blart RPG

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

fatherboxx posted:

they should scrap whatever plan they have for TAZ season 2 and just make it a paul blart RPG

BlaRPG

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SHUT UP EVERYONE.

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/802274594736537609

BABY.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Griffin had his kid.
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/802274594736537609

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

It is right that Griffin got a sweet, perfect baby boy as his firstborn

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

He already looks just like Griffin! Then again, so do most newborns.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
introducing the new mcelroy: hank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Ariong posted:

He already looks just like Griffin! Then again, so do most newborns.

:thurman: