Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Binary Logic posted:

I do not think this is correct.
ps:

When you line the four posters up the Hall of Justice is the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

For some reason nobody ever actually thinks to combine superpowers in comic books/tv shows.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Amalgam would be way different nowadays and probably for the better if only because Wolverine and Batman wouldn't be combined

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Xelkelvos posted:

Amalgam would be way different nowadays and probably for the better if only because Wolverine and Batman wouldn't be combined

I loved that in the followup mini series they gave Access fanfic powers: He can summon any character from either universe and can merge characters into new Amalgams.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah, now the headline character would be a combination of Harley Quinn and Deadpool

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Who is under Captain Krypton's leg - Howard the Duck + Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2th Century?

ps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZanOprp7ls

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 23, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Binary Logic posted:

Who is under Captain Krypton's leg - Howard the Duck + Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2th Century?

ps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZanOprp7ls

Lobo the Duck iirc

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, now the headline character would be a combination of Harley Quinn and Deadpool

Go on

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gwenpool's pretty young, and we try not to sexualize her.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rhyno posted:

When you line the four posters up the Hall of Justice is the background.

Really?

Wow. (Excuse my poor image lineup, I tried to get the background buildings to connect more than the foreground/stairs.)

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Maybe it is supposed to be the HoJ, but it looks less like a HoJ and more like a National Guard Armory.

I love how the Flash one just has Cisco in the background going "Sup."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

Maybe it is supposed to be the HoJ, but it looks less like a HoJ and more like a National Guard Armory.

Are you making GBS threads me? You don't see this?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

Are you making GBS threads me? You don't see this?

pfffft that exactly same shaped building dont have no stairs:colbert:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What kind of sweet rear end armory did you drill at because mine looked like a sad brick prison

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

For some reason nobody ever actually thinks to combine superpowers in comic books/tv shows.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Longbaugh01 posted:

It's neither. It's clearly the Cincinnati Union Terminal and the cross over was being filmed there.

I mean look at it!

Yes, I know that the building is what the HoJ is actually based off of

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
You reactionary shits. The poster building is either actually more squashed/flattened than the classic HoJ, or they had to do that for the poster, which is why I posted what I posted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

It's neither. It's clearly the Cincinnati Union Terminal and the cross over was being filmed there.

I mean look at it!

Yes, I know that the building is what the HoJ is actually based off of

The facade in the posters is noticeably different from that building though, did they actually film there?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

The facade in the posters is noticeably different from that building though, did they actually film there?

No. That's the building that the Hall of Justice in Superfriends is based off of. The HoJ design (if you notice, the sides are different from Union Station and your picture) is used for the poster background.

Alternatively: :thejoke:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why didn't they just film at the real Hall of Justice?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why didn't they just film at the real Hall of Justice?

Snyder has it booked up for YEARS!!!!:argh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

No. That's the building that the Hall of Justice in Superfriends is based off of. The HoJ design (if you notice, the sides are different from Union Station and your picture) is used for the poster background.

Alternatively: :thejoke:

I thought you were being serious. I was like "this is not that building."

Gonna go ahead and call it that the HoJ facade from the poster ends up as a regular set in at least one CW show.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I like how Amalgam ROgue is still just Rogue. Plus I'm sure 90% of comic pitches in the 90s were "Okay, so it's like Batman, but combined with Wolverine!".

jscolon2.0 posted:

Gwenpool's pretty young, and we try not to sexualize her.

Gwenpool is not a combination of Harley Quinn and Deadpool! She is a normal girl from probably our universe or at least one were Marvel comics, movies and TV exist, and she uses that knowlage to help her be a "hero". She is unaware she's in a comic, and outside of being a blond girl, she's nothing like Harley, in classic or Post Joker move. I'm sure Editorial said "make a female deadpool but make it Gwen Stacy because Spider-Gwen was such a huge hit" but the writers and artists were able to do something much, much better. Currently she's taken over MODOK's mercenary group and hangs out with Batroc.

That is clearly not the Halls of Justice because I didn't hear Frank Welker say "Meanwhile at the Halls of Justice" when I looked at the time.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

twistedmentat posted:

That is clearly not the Halls of Justice because I didn't hear Frank Welker say "Meanwhile at the Halls of Justice" when I looked at the time.

Thanks for this. I never realized that had been Frank Welker until now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Longbaugh01 posted:

Thanks for this. I never realized that had been Frank Welker until now.

Of course it's Frank Welker

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

Of course it's Frank Welker

In the 70s all cartoons had to have Frank Welker and a talking dog.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

twistedmentat posted:

Gwenpool is not a combination of Harley Quinn and Deadpool! She is a normal girl from probably our universe or at least one were Marvel comics, movies and TV exist, and she uses that knowlage to help her be a "hero". She is unaware she's in a comic, and outside of being a blond girl, she's nothing like Harley, in classic or Post Joker move. I'm sure Editorial said "make a female deadpool but make it Gwen Stacy because Spider-Gwen was such a huge hit" but the writers and artists were able to do something much, much better. Currently she's taken over MODOK's mercenary group and hangs out with Batroc.

Written by the author of Dr McNinja even.

Luminaflare fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 25, 2016

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

She is a normal girl from probably our universe or at least one were Marvel comics, movies and TV exist, and she uses that knowlage to help her be a "hero". She is unaware she's in a comic

Gwen's very much aware she's in a comic, that's why she's such a horrible monster.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Luminaflare posted:

Writter by the author of Dr McNinja even.

:staredog:

Well. Well that was a name I didn't expect in this thread.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

Gwen's very much aware she's in a comic, that's why she's such a horrible monster.

Oh yea, I meant she isn't aware she's in a comic in a way that makes her able to break the 4th wall.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 26, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Oh yea, I meant she isn't aware she's in a comic in a way that makes her able to break the 4th wall.

Gwen Pool is aware that she is in a fictional world. So she acts in a way that she thinks makes herself the most marketable character possible, so she won't be killed or forgotten. She is not aware that she is, say, in full page panel, page 5, issue 6, the way Deapool is.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Heroes vs. aliens? But in Supergirl the heroes are aliens.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Heroes vs. Aliens-that-don't-look-human.

Something something racism.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
"Heroes vs Dominators" could be considered a spoiler.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Tiggum posted:

Heroes vs. aliens? But in Supergirl the heroes are aliens.

It's weird that CW has chosen that tagline for the crossover when the production teams are all calling it Invasion!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

It's weird that CW has chosen that tagline for the crossover when the production teams are all calling it Invasion!

With both Flash and LoT involved there was bound to be confused timelines on alternate Earths LOL. Yes, CW is throwing everything at this: Heroes vs. Aliens during The Dominators' Invasion.

I don't care what they call it, these 4 episodes are going to be comic-booky fun with movie-length running time.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
It's kind of hilarious that the Dominators originally set off a gene bomb that started the whole metahuman thing. I like to think the ending is them going, "Wait, you guys already have metahumans? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So apparently in an interview recently Marc Guggenheim said he is thinking about doing a Heatwave spinoff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

So apparently in an interview recently Marc Guggenheim said he is thinking about doing a Heatwave spinoff.

The pyrotechnic budget!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Only if he gets to take Haircut with him.

• Locked thread