Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MikeJF posted:

It's a season-long arc, presumably the other ship is tied up in it.

The USS Bondage Fetish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

The USS Bondage Fetish?

Come explore this... new frontier.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

"Send out a distress signal!"

*Pinhead appears on screen*
"You called; we came."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

"Send out a distress signal!"

*Pinhead appears on screen*
"You called; we came."

"Sir, it's engineering. We've got something going on down here..."

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

The_Doctor posted:

Come explore this... new frontier.

The safe word is 173467321476Charlie32789777643Tango732Victor73117888732476789764376.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

I wonder whose old uniform that was, because you know they didn't make a fresh one for Frasier.

Kelsey Grammer's, because he's that hardcore. :colbert:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

"I took all the screws out, why the hell won't this thing come off? "

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sash! posted:

"I took all the screws out, why the hell won't this thing come off? "

Rene? Can I do this?

Yes!

*greeble falls off wall* oh poo poo

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That man was carefully balancing the matter/antimatter reaction. Without him, they'd all be dead.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

FuturePastNow posted:

So the Asian captain will get a Chinese-name ship because we wouldn't want to confuse the audience.

Better retcon it so Captain Sulu gets command of the USS Kamikaze or something instead of the Excelsior.

Starfleet needs to impliment and anti-trigger policy that prohibits Japanese officers from serving on Akira class ships, Greeks from commanding the Prometheus, or Englishmen(French) from captaining the Enterprise.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Delsaber posted:

The safe word is 173467321476Charlie32789777643Tango732Victor73117888732476789764376.

I laughed out loud in public like a god drat idiot

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Delsaber posted:

zero

zero

zero

rape

zero

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

MrL_JaKiri posted:

7 years of constant, well paid work followed by a lifetime of less well paid convention work is very much the exception for an actor.

Also starting with TNG some of them started getting into directing. Last I heard Frakes was still doing TV directing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Frakes has the Librarian show or whatever it's called on TBS

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Two takes Frakes!

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Being typecast isn't exclusive to Star Trek. How many people from long-running shows manage to get even better work? Who knows what Dharma is doing, or Niles, or Urkel, or 90% of the Full House cast? You take that chance in any work, but at least Star Trek keeps you in convention work forever.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You know, the Full House cast did pretty well for themselves.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arglebargle III posted:

You know, the Full House cast did pretty well for themselves.

At least two of them are millionaires.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

David Hyde Pierce does theater now, right?

All I know about Jaleel White is that he was in a commercial I saw a few months ago, and according to Google, Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Lots of Trek actors have substantial theatre careers, which definitey helps pay the bills between the odd cameos and convention appearances.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
On another note, I'm binging through all of Star Trek since it came on Netflix. I haven't watched DS9 or Voyager since they ended.

Kes and Neelix's relationship is so much worse than I remember when I was a teenager. Like, one of the worst, creepiest relationships on TV, let alone Trek.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
David Hyde Pierce probably made enough money from Frasier that he doesn't have to worry but he has done some neat stuff since. The Perfect Host is supposed to be good.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Maxwell Lord posted:

David Hyde Pierce probably made enough money from Frasier that he doesn't have to worry

For a while Kelsey Grammer made headlines for being the highest-paid actor on television (for the last three years of the show, he was making $1.6 million an episode), but Pierce and John Mahoney were treated pretty well, too, making about $725,000 per episode from seasons 5 - 11.

Sadly, it wasn't until Season 9 that Jane Leeves got a raise from about $40,000 per episode to about $290,000.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Timby posted:

Sadly, it wasn't until Season 9 that Jane Leeves got a raise from about $40,000 per episode to about $290,000.

If only they had some kind of union or guild.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

MorgaineDax posted:

On another note, I'm binging through all of Star Trek since it came on Netflix. I haven't watched DS9 or Voyager since they ended.

Kes and Neelix's relationship is so much worse than I remember when I was a teenager. Like, one of the worst, creepiest relationships on TV, let alone Trek.

Everything about Kes and Neelix was, at best. poorly thought out. Their relationship doubly so.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Trek goons.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cellular peptide pie, with mint whipped cream.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Gonz posted:

"Ah yes, I was told to prepare for that. I shall try some of your burned replicated bird meat."

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"
Hey do you guys think star trek would be better off as an anthology series?

Basically have like 12 episode season will a over reaching plot and then boom just do something else

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Dicky mouse posted:

Basically have like 12 episode season will a over reaching plot and then boom just do something else

I would love to see that personally. If they all took place in the same era it would also be "relatively" less expensive since the props/costumes would be reusable. Do 3 9-episode series a season, each one on a different ship/station. Hell, you could finally do the "set a show on a Klingon ship" thing without having to commit to an entire broadcast season.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dicky mouse posted:

That's literally what Discovery is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

That's literally what Discovery is.

Have they 100% confirmed that?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gonz posted:

It's too bad Kurn will never remember this happy moment.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

Have they 100% confirmed that?

Yes, it was in one of Fuller's first interviews.

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"

Timby posted:

Yes, it was in one of Fuller's first interviews.

http://trekmovie.com/2016/06/23/fuller-clarifies-star-trek-2017-not-anthology-series-reveals-more-details/

quote:

Fuller Clarifies Star Trek 2017 Not Anthology Series, Reveals More Details .

bryan-fuller3

| June 23, 2016 | By: John Duchak 88 comments so far

Star Trek 2017 showrunner Bryan Fuller revealed more details about the highly-anticipated new series in an interview with Moviefone.

Contrary to rumors that the new series would be an anthology show with each season focusing on a different time in Trek lore, Fuller said “I’ve read that this is an anthology show, which is not accurate.” Fuller also shot down the rumor that the series would take place between Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Addressing the teaser trailer that hinted that the show would feature new crews, which many believed suggested the series would be an anthology show, Fuller said that we will be seeing “lots of crews in the story.” Fuller continued, “One of the things that’s exciting for me is that we are telling a Star Trek story in a modern way. We’re telling a 13-chapter story in this first season. It’s nice to be able to dig deep into things that would have been breezed passed if we were doing episodic and had to contain a story within an episode.”

When questioned whether the new series would revisit any familiar characters, Fuller teased “eventually.” On Nicholas Meyer’s involvement in the series, Fuller said that “[Meyer has brought] a clarity and cleanliness to the storytelling. An ability to ground science fiction in a relatable way, and also making sure that we’re telling character stories.”

Well I do like the serialization, I keep thinking with how cheap FX are they could easily recreate the look of TNG, TOS, and just tell some stories.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

It's too bad Kurn will never remember this happy moment.

Kurn was DS9's Tuvix

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Nah, Kurn is more like DS9's Ensign Ro, a likeable recurring character that disappears without a trace for a few seasons only to return just long enough for the main cast to ruin his life and send him off with an ambiguous ending to never be heard from again.

Sort of lovely if you ask me. Poor Kurn went from being the secret son of Mogh with a good life and his own command to Worf's little brother and a seat on the Council only to wind up back where he started pretending to be someone else's fake son. They don't even bother to mention him when Worf regains his honor (again) and gets adopted by Martok. Poor bastard's probably still out there with amnesia living some lovely fake life. At least he's not dead or in prison like Ro almost certainly is.

Also, I think they mentioned he had a family at one point. Wonder what happened to them.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Rad light-up LCARS displays:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/pretend-youre-a-starfleet-crewmember-with-your-very-own-1789348201

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do you work for some kind of star trek merchandiser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I forget if I ever posted the USS Derp from Chinese Toys-R-Us but I ran across the pic again so enjoy.