Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
If we don't see any elcor, volus, hanar, or batarians and vorcha (I'm sure the Andromeda galaxy will have its own version of space orc and space goblins) it'll be no big loss. Would be a little tragic if the next game has no krogans, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Volus were woefully underused in the initial trilogy. It really disappoints me that they probably won't appear in this one at all.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Blastedhellscape posted:

If we don't see any elcor, volus, hanar, or batarians and vorcha (I'm sure the Andromeda galaxy will have its own version of space orc and space goblins) it'll be no big loss. Would be a little tragic if the next game has no krogans, though.
Krogans were already mentioned as being in the game. Some of the first leaked stuff showed a Krogan squadmate.

CottonWolf posted:

Volus were woefully underused in the initial trilogy. It really disappoints me that they probably won't appear in this one at all.
Hopefully at the least Volus pinball is an option in MP.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Olanphonia posted:

Assuming the game is not a total disaster, what are people thinking of playing as for their first play through?

I'm thinking vanguard male Ryder.

I generally play as a female in these types of games when I can, mostly because lesbian alien sex is just that much more interesting I like to see how the writing has accommodated it and for some reason the voice actor seems to be allowed to use a little more range in their speech.

I don't actually know why. but Femshep 4 Lyfe.
I usually do Adept, but I may try Vanguard as well.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Drifter posted:

I generally play as a female in these types of games when I can, mostly because lesbian alien sex is just that much more interesting I like to see how the writing has accommodated it and for some reason the voice actor seems to be allowed to use a little more range in their speech.

I don't actually know why. but Femshep 4 Lyfe.
I usually do Adept, but I may try Vanguard as well.

Mark Meer was just completely wooden compared to Jennifer Hale. I did him as a renegade and her as paragon but apparently i did it the wrong way around and it's one of my deepest regrets to this very day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YEynxGhJVQ

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I like to play as a female in these games because you spend 90% of the game staring at an rear end and it should be a female rear end because I'm not gay

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Meer gets good by ME2/3 imo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Meer grows into the character but Hale is a pro from the beginning which is expected because she does like 10 million things. Her best performance in a Bioware game though is as Krem from Inquisition.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I like to play as a female in these games because you spend 90% of the game staring at an rear end and it should be a female rear end because I'm not gay

Plus the hot girl on girl romance scenes

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

Meer grows into the character but Hale is a pro from the beginning which is expected because she does like 10 million things. Her best performance in a Bioware game though is as Krem from Inquisition.

I just googled "krem from inquisition" since I skipped all the dlc but trespasser, and boy do I wish I hadn't

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Meer was bad in 1, but good in 2/3. I prefered him in 2 and 3 over femshep and his default character model looks better than the super generic femshep

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's still hilarious to me how much Bioware was betting on you sexing the blue alien spacebabe in Mass Effect 1. Nothing about Liara's character makes sense in ME2 otherwise. "Yes Commander Shepard, I gave your body to Cerberus. Because I was obsessed with some dude who almost left me to die on Therum, killed my mom under dubious pretenses, and solved all the secrets to the Protheans before you even found me."

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want a harem. Why are they limiting me to porking one space alien? Why can't I pork all the crew on my ship. Why can't they all be my waifus

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Zzulu posted:

I want a harem. Why are they limiting me to porking one space alien? Why can't I pork all the crew on my ship. Why can't they all be my waifus

Saints Row 4 already covered this.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

exquisite tea posted:

It's still hilarious to me how much Bioware was betting on you sexing the blue alien spacebabe in Mass Effect 1. Nothing about Liara's character makes sense in ME2 otherwise. "Yes Commander Shepard, I gave your body to Cerberus. Because I was obsessed with some dude who almost left me to die on Therum, killed my mom under dubious pretenses, and solved all the secrets to the Protheans before you even found me."

When you put it like that it makes more sense actually. "Yeah, sure, take it and do... whatever, I don't even care. The space drugs are starting to wear off."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just realized Sheppard commits tons of sexual harassment and should be sued into oblivion

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

"Seriously whatever though, no I won't even bother following up."

euphronius posted:

Just realized Sheppard commits tons of sexual harassment and should be sued into oblivion

Being a Spectre has lots of perks, immunity to harassment suits being among those.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Reclaimer posted:

Being a Spectre has lots of perks, immunity to harassment suits being among those.

Yeah, if James Bond has taught us anything, it's that a license to kill is also an implicit license to be a skeevy bastard.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's not skeevy if they're into it :grin:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

euphronius posted:

My understanding is that the Jacob romance is such textbook workplace harassment that it could show up in a training video.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Yeah, but it's really hard to to keep a video game with romance features from turning into a social dysfunction training device.

Here's what (most) videogames teach us about relationships:

You talk to all the attractive people you know until they start repeating themselves or tell you they are busy right now. Then you have to do something interesting or accomplish a difficult task to get them to pay attention to you again for awhile. Repeat this cycle a few times, then you pick the one you are most interested in and perform some grand feat for her/him. After this they are obligated to become your lover, though they might politely decline your romantic invitations for now because their life is really complicated right at the moment. Don't worry, they come around eventually. Also, this locks you out of all other possible romantic relationships in perpetuity, don't bother talking to the other attractive people anymore because they'll just act uncomfortably shy around you (since you didn't choose them). Most importantly: never respond positively to romantic overtones from someone who isn't already your friend. It is always a trap and doesn't lead to anything good.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Nevets posted:

Yeah, but it's really hard to to keep a video game with romance features from turning into a social dysfunction training device.

Here's what (most) videogames teach us about relationships:

You talk to all the attractive people you know until they start repeating themselves or tell you they are busy right now. Then you have to do something interesting or accomplish a difficult task to get them to pay attention to you again for awhile. Repeat this cycle a few times, then you pick the one you are most interested in and perform some grand feat for her/him. After this they are obligated to become your lover, though they might politely decline your romantic invitations for now because their life is really complicated right at the moment. Don't worry, they come around eventually. Also, this locks you out of all other possible romantic relationships in perpetuity, don't bother talking to the other attractive people anymore because they'll just act uncomfortably shy around you (since you didn't choose them). Most importantly: never respond positively to romantic overtones from someone who isn't already your friend. It is always a trap and doesn't lead to anything good.

Mass Effect 2 taught a much more pragmatic lesson, which was "ignore the tons of broken people in your life and just bang the carefree intern".

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

euphronius posted:

Come on, Miranda. You want this.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Ferrinus posted:

My understanding is that the Jacob romance is such textbook workplace harassment that it could show up in a training video.

I'm more interested in just "talking" for a bit :wink:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Chomp8645 posted:

Mass Effect 2 taught a much more pragmatic lesson, which was "ignore the tons of broken people in your life and just bang the carefree intern".

But only once you've gambled with humanity by rescuing said intern from a life or death situation beyond the void while wholly unprepared.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you step into my fuckship you best be ready to let me dock my penis in you

it is in the contract

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Think about it. She’s out in the middle of nowhere with some dude she barely knows. She looks around her, what does she see? Nothing but space, and stars lightyears away. “Oh, there’s nowhere for me to run, what am I gonna do, say no?”

It's the implication.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Ok,that seems really dark though

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The SHEPARD sytem.

See a vision from a Prothean Artifact
Help a Quarian bring evidence to the Council
Explore the galaxy for leads
Pursue Saren
Assault the Conduit
Retake the Citadel
Demonstrate value.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Eastbound Spider posted:

It's an It's Always Sunny reference :thejoke:

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Reclaimer posted:

It's an It's Always Sunny reference :thejoke:

So was mine:thejoke:

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

I am thusly cobbed. I haven't seen that ep in forever.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Reclaimer posted:

I am thusly cobbed. I haven't seen that ep in forever.

Dont post at me like that, you certainly wouldn't be in any danger!

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Eastbound Spider posted:

just like garrus butthole

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Turians are of avian descent, right? Does that make them subject to Bird Law?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

euphronius posted:

Here on the SSV Daddy Issues there is no human resources department.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Trast posted:

Here on the SSV Daddy Issues there is no human resources department.

I'm pretty sure the person responsible for recruiting and dealing with personnel issues that might interfere with productivity would be the de facto Human Resources department, sooooo...

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Nevets posted:

Turians are of avian descent, right?

Turns out mass effect 2/3 was hatoful boyfriend all along.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mymla posted:

Turns out mass effect 2/3 was hatoful boyfriend all along.

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Nevets posted:

Turians are of avian descent, right? Does that make them subject to Bird Law?

What's a Bird Law?