Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If any other Ausgoons are hunting for a cheap PC copy, Ozgameshop has Titanfall 2 Origin codes for $35AU. They're out of stock at the moment, but if you keep an eye on it they'll probably be back soon enough.

Also this new Origin client is a chuggy piece of poo poo, and I absolutely loathe the loving thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

veni veni veni posted:

Crash site has really grown on me. I don't think it's a good map, probably one of the worst but I usually clean up on it. I don't play that much attrition but it's probably my favorite attrition map by virtue of how many kills it nets me.

:prepop:

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Make shooting or killing a Holo pilot cause an emp grenade effect that scrambles the shooter.

Or use the tick AI and have them suicide charge and explode with the scramble effect on the closet enemy(s).

That way even if you ID the fake pilots, you need to react because the stun will give the real player an easy kill.

Or alternatively: it changes your character model to a grunt and spawns a pack of no damage grunts around you so you can blend in and use them as mobile cover. Someone fires on your swarm and the human shields give you enough time to take them out. plus, all the hilarity when people fail to identify you as a player.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
I got holopilot from my dice roll on a ctf game yesterday and when I used it holding a flag my holos all had flags.

Also they do tend to move in more or less the manner you're moving when they're deployed; if you're running on flat ground they'll do likewise, if youre wall running they will too, etc.

Volcanic Vents fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 25, 2016

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I have been screwing around with Holo-Pilot and have found it to be OK on Amped Hard point. Both for attack and defense.

I imagine it would be OK for CTF.

For every other mode it's very limited. You can flush bank campers on Bounty Hunt.... That is about it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Volcanic Vents posted:

Also they do tend to move in more or less the manner you're moving when they're deployed; if you're running on flat ground they'll do likewise, if youre wall running they will too, etc.

They also disappear the second they stop doing what you were doing, so if you drop one while wallrunning, it will just disappear the moment it reaches the end of the wall (or the ground while jumping, or any obstacle while moving). :thumbsup:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I have definitely had a holopilot come off a wall and continue running but I have also had a holopilot hit a door at a just slightly off angle and instantly dissolve. Or a rock or a twig or a breath of wind sometimes it feels like so yeah they are fragile things.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

They also disappear the second they stop doing what you were doing, so if you drop one while wallrunning, it will just disappear the moment it reaches the end of the wall (or the ground while jumping, or any obstacle while moving). :thumbsup:

I'm just saying holopilots do some of the things people were saying they should do, not that they're any great shakes at doing 'em

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Volcanic Vents posted:

I'm just saying holopilots do some of the things people were saying they should do, not that they're any great shakes at doing 'em

can you use holopilots during ejection to avoid getting Goosed?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I like Crash Site, too. Why the gently caress doesn't it have an intro?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's hard to park a dropship inside the crashed hull of a spaceship that you're supposed to have been in up until recently.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Anidav posted:

Thoughts on flatline?

Best gun in the game hands down.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The sheer amount of absolute trash tier players on right now is astounding. Thanks I guess Black Friday?!

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
The encore trailer was a push to increase sales in the face of COD's failure, and I agree to black Friday sale really helped boost users. Personally, I think its great, this game should be played by more people.

If only Origin wasn't such a piece of garbage.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
the aus pc playerbase is weird, it seems like theres only ever 200ish people online but that includes when i came home fuckeyed last night and there was still 200ish people online at midnight on a friday

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If any other Ausgoons are hunting for a cheap PC copy, Ozgameshop has Titanfall 2 Origin codes for $35AU. They're out of stock at the moment, but if you keep an eye on it they'll probably be back soon enough.

Also this new Origin client is a chuggy piece of poo poo, and I absolutely loathe the loving thing.

are you part of the lljk network? could always use more people when matchmaking in aus haha

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Biaga posted:

The encore trailer was a push to increase sales in the face of COD's failure, and I agree to black Friday sale really helped boost users. Personally, I think its great, this game should be played by more people.

If only Origin wasn't such a piece of garbage.

For sure. I'm just kidding. I just can't believe how many people are just standing around barely moving.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Think aus playerbase includes asian players who switched datacentres because the ones over there are even worse.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

quite stretched out posted:

are you part of the lljk network? could always use more people when matchmaking in aus haha

Not yet, but I will join. I saw it in the OP and thought it was for US players.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Biaga posted:

No. The tones will just pick off all three of you

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not yet, but I will join. I saw it in the OP and thought it was for US players.

i think it largely is but i and at least one other australian goon are members of it haha

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
so normally I play legion but i tried out tone for a few maps and jesus christ

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I like Crash Site, too. Why the gently caress doesn't it have an intro?

I wonder if it was supposed to have a unique intro, like that one simulation map in TF1, and they couldn't get it ready in time for release?

It has a dropship intro if you're not playing Attrition. :confused:

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

On every game I've played on crash site, it always starts out as a bit of a meatgrinder. It gets a bit better later on.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Actually you should avoid the cliff and take the alternate route as it has more grunts and you can shoot the other team in the back.

The pistol silencer works great on crash site because you can kill AI without showing up on the map.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Anidav posted:

Actually you should avoid the cliff and take the alternate route as it has more grunts and you can shoot the other team in the back.

The pistol silencer works great on crash site because you can kill AI without showing up on the map.

I learned that that was the best method. I usually just ambush and kill 2 or 3 guys before they stop trying to sit still and snipe.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Biaga posted:

You can use them but it's obvious from the trajectory which one is the real pilot.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
holo pilot should give yourself the particle effect too

Blops3 already solved this cmon

That reverse phase shift boost is hella bad, the activation time makes it useless

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Moola posted:

holo pilot should give yourself the particle effect too
None of the pilots have a particle effect. Holo pilots don't have nameplates, don't show up for pulse knife, and don't copy weapon camos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxhigNkSXS0

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
oh ok that's cool then

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
They should definitely copy weapon camo and have nameplates, but I kinda like the idea of them not showing up on pulse knives from a flavor perspective.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
shooting a decoy could tag the shooter maybe?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Moola posted:

shooting a decoy could tag the shooter maybe?

With a big sign above their head that says "ha ha this dummy fell for it"

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i like that on console people fall for it all time

at least in my region they do

I can place one by a window, hide in the corner of the room, then kill the idiot that sneaks up to it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Moola posted:

That reverse phase shift boost is hella bad, the activation time makes it useless

Ya that thing is pointless. I hate when I'm running the dice roll and get that thing. Even when I try to use it it just gets me killed. Can't think of one benefit of it

A lot of stuff needs major buffing/reworking otherwise everyone's just gonna keep running the same two-three things

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
the ONLY use i got out of it was storing two up, also using the phase shift kit, and then jumping infront of a titan group while phasing around crazily

I achieved nothing but it was a funny 15 seconds

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Knifegrab posted:

Best gun in the game hands down.

There's a reason Flatline is one of the last things to be unlocked.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Actually I think holo pilot and stealth eject could gently caress up most titans concentration.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I've been having great success with Ronin. Haven't had much time with Tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff

The Iron Rose posted:

so normally I play legion but i tried out tone for a few maps and jesus christ

Using the Volt and Tone is like cheat codes.