Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I just realized that Solrock and Lunatone aren't even in S/M.

GF really doesn't give a poo poo about them huh

VVV Wouldn't +Speed on Pheromosa be overkill? I mean what the hell is gonna be outspeeding it other than another Pheromosa?

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blaziken386 posted:

Quick question: what are the best natures for each UB?
Cos' I feel like if I'm gonna catch 'em, I should at least go for the good ones.

Adamant for Buzzswole, Jolly for Kartana, Modest for Xurkitree, Timid for Nihilego, Naive or a Speed+ nature for Phermerosa.

Dunno about the others.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Desperate Character posted:

not having pokemon with priority moves in battle royale is so frustrating. the amount of pokemon living with just 1 hp left is killing me inside. I don't want to start breeding until I get the destiny knot, but that is 48 BP and you only get 1-2 BP per battle :negative:

Get yourself a Meowth with Pickup, I had a Destiny Knot before I even hit the first trial

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

VVV Wouldn't +Speed on Pheromosa be overkill? I mean what the hell is gonna be outspeeding it other than another Pheromosa?

They actually buffed their hp and gave them new moves this gen but didn't include them in game for whatever reason

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

ROFL Octopus posted:

I believe I got mine in the patch across the pokecenter

Mierenneuker posted:

I caught one outside of the trainer school. Bulbapedia puts it at 20% spawn-rate.

Thank you, I finally got one to show up

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Choice Scarfs pose a real threat to Pheromosa since it's a wet tissue defence wise, think it's able to out speed most of the major Choice Scarf'ers if you go +Speed.

Also it hits like a truck already.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It'll also get a Speed boost a lot of the time if it gets a kill, making it hard for Scarf users to revenge kill.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Minior is both a Star like the Sun, and a floating space rock like the Moon. So it has made Solrock and Lunatone irrelevant.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man am I starting to like hatching Pokemon. Bred a bunch of honedges for wonder trade/gts and totodiles and I got one with Adamant which I understand is the best? Now I'm breeding and hatching jangmoos for gts and whichever reason and zoning out while watching youtube is fun

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
There's only one fashion you need.

Sadly, the necklace is textured as part of the shirt instead of being its own entity. There's a frustrating lack of dark shoes in SM, but the dorky glasses make up for it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Your Computer posted:

Why does the game still only have 6 slots for your Pokémon, look at all these cuties I want to have on my team :(

(Also note my amazing type coverage no matter who I choose)

I'm awaiting the game when the enemy Team develops forbidden, dangerous technology that allows them to take seven Mons into a battle, and you have to stop them before this madness goes too far. :v:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Neo_Crimson posted:

Adamant for Buzzswole, Jolly for Kartana, Modest for Xurkitree, Timid for Nihilego, Naive or a Speed+ nature for Phermerosa.

Dunno about the others.
Thanks!
As a side note, anyone want to trade a Jolly Abra for a Modest one with Inner focus?

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Your Computer posted:

Why does the game still only have 6 slots for your Pokémon, look at all these cuties I want to have on my team :(

(Also note my amazing type coverage no matter who I choose)

i really like your taste in mons and your simple background choice :discourse:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Just be careful beware:

The Pokedex entries really are great in this gen. Apparently most of the Alola Pokemon are vicious killers and/or victims of their own abilities. Even Rowlet sneaks around and kicks things.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Neo_Crimson posted:

Dunno about the others.
Not Jolly for Buzzwole too?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Not Jolly for Buzzwole too?

Buzzwole is too slow and has too high of an attack stat not to further boost it. Though I hear some like careful Buzzwoles to increase their paltry special bulk

For Xurkitree I caught a timid and a modest one and I prefer the timid one for battle tree at least

Also anyone know if light clay extends aurora veil length and whether brick break/psychic fangs breaks through it?

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 26, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
AV Buzzwole seems decent, but yeah speed is right out unless you have some really crazy choice scarf set, but then why aren't you using moxie Heracross

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's the better ability for Jangmoo, soundproof or bulletproof

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Buzzwole is too slow and has too high of an attack stat not to further boost it. Though I hear some like careful Buzzwoles to increase their paltry special bulk

For Xurkitree I caught a timid and a modest one and I prefer the timid one for battle tree at least

Also anyone know if light clay extends aurora veil length and whether brick break/psychic fangs breaks through it?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sun-moon-battle-mechanics-research.3586701/

Yes to both

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Calaveron posted:

What's the better ability for Jangmoo, soundproof or bulletproof

Probably bulletproof unless you're really scared of mega gardevoir or sylveon

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Light clay definitely boosts aurora veil's length iirc. Haven't pulled out my Ninetails in a while though. Also, only wild Mudsbray/Mudsdale hold Light clay, 5% of the time.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Does Isle Avue decrease eggs' cycles if you take them out before hatching, or is it all-or-nothing?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Specto posted:

Light clay definitely boosts aurora veil's length iirc. Haven't pulled out my Ninetails in a while though. Also, only wild Mudsbray/Mudsdale hold Light clay, 5% of the time.

Again the best way to get this and any other 5% is to have a compoundeyes butterfree (the only non-hidden ability) at the front of your party. Dead or alive, it boosts the chance to 20%.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

ROFL Octopus posted:

Again the best way to get this and any other 5% is to have a compoundeyes butterfree (the only non-hidden ability) at the front of your party. Dead or alive, it boosts the chance to 20%.

This, and also get a mon with thief and false swipe/hold back and just keep chaining, you'll get whatever item you want pretty quickly.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm glad Cynthia found a Garchompite

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

My third attempt at a blind Nuzlocke is going much more smoothly. However prepping for and doing trial #5 threw me for a loop. I trained up a Pokemon to tackle the type that nearby NPCs were mentioning it had (a Mudbray, to counter the eletric type I supposedly had to face) only for it to be killed by a lucky crit from a wild Raticate one fight before it was going to evolve. I decided to just go do the trial anyway only to learn the totem pokemon had levitate, which made ground type moves worthless, making the time I wasted leveling my Mudbray worthless. :cripes: The trial also took down a pokemon I had since the first island, but besides that no terrible loses like my second run.

Here's hoping things don't keep going south for the next trials though. :unsmith:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Crumbletron posted:

Get yourself a Meowth with Pickup, I had a Destiny Knot before I even hit the first trial

do you know what level your meowth was at? I don't think they have Pickup charts ready for this game yet

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh my God this lady that wanted me to catch a Drifloon.

"The Pokedex says it takes children, I don't want children!"

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Caught a Nihelago! :toot:
In a Dive Ball, because why not, Dive Balls are pretty and it matched the color scheme.

e: It's got Perfect IVs in Speed (yay), Defense, and S. Defense. Unfortunately, everything else is only "decent"

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 26, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blaziken386 posted:

Caught a Nihelago! :toot:
In a Dive Ball, because why not, Dive Balls are pretty and it matched the color scheme.

Using the right Pokéball is very important; I made sure to catch Tapu Lele in a Heal Ball for instance :3:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Can you get more Beast Balls after the UB storyline is over? Because I'm definitely going to catch some poo poo in these awesome technoballs and breed them all over.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Desperate Character posted:

do you know what level your meowth was at? I don't think they have Pickup charts ready for this game yet

It was lvl 9, it was the first Pickup item he found after I got him off a wondertrade in the first city

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

tyblazitar posted:

This, and also get a mon with thief and false swipe/hold back and just keep chaining, you'll get whatever item you want pretty quickly.

Except you're forgetting to have the lead compound eyes Pokemon fainted and then have the second Pokemon in your team to have frisk with the thief/false swipe combo. This is peak item hunting.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Ya know, I really wish it was a 100% chance for Synchronize to work, instead of 50%. At least for legendary pokemon, geez.
At least the UBs are all relatively easy to capture, even without using Beast Balls.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Is... Is Team Skull helping me complete the trial?

This owns

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hope Gen 8 has a portable PC, smartphones have been a thing for decade why can't I materialize a poke ball while I'm on the road

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Except you're forgetting to have the lead compound eyes Pokemon fainted and then have the second Pokemon in your team to have frisk with the thief/false swipe combo. This is peak item hunting.

I've heard that abilities like compoundeyes and synchronize don't work while chaining unless they're the pokemon you have out

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

My third attempt at a blind Nuzlocke is going much more smoothly. However prepping for and doing trial #5 threw me for a loop. I trained up a Pokemon to tackle the type that nearby NPCs were mentioning it had (a Mudbray, to counter the eletric type I supposedly had to face) only for it to be killed by a lucky crit from a wild Raticate one fight before it was going to evolve. I decided to just go do the trial anyway only to learn the totem pokemon had levitate, which made ground type moves worthless, making the time I wasted leveling my Mudbray worthless. :cripes: The trial also took down a pokemon I had since the first island, but besides that no terrible loses like my second run.

Here's hoping things don't keep going south for the next trials though. :unsmith:

Even if it didn't have Levitate, it's Bug/Electric and thus not weak to Ground anyway. Good luck on the nuzlocke though, I like reading the updates

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

on the 4th island and went for the trade in the floating village to get a tsareena and, uh... that thing's movepool sure is something else. maybe I won't replace my araquanid with it after all :v:

kinda wish I'd caught a pichu early on and kept it along because I have absolutely nothing for water types

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Carlosologist posted:

I hope Gen 8 has a portable PC, smartphones have been a thing for decade why can't I materialize a poke ball while I'm on the road

that's how the new pokehm system works