Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

What?! I thought it'd be a few more weeks, that's awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

standard owl posted:

I listened to both Death Blart episodes this week and I was compelled to check out the two scenes unanimously agreed upon to be the only actual funny ones in the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGm-DTbctSM
bird fight with the pro-life pianist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txSg0WZRS3E
banana

I don't think the scenes in and of themselves are that funny, but recalling the guys discuss them while I was watching made me laugh really hard? Til Death Do Us Blart is truly the lotus flower floating above the lovely waters of PBMC2

Having seen Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 twice (a pair of 24 hour plane rides will do that to you), the bird fight scene was the only one I laughed at for the exact reason they pointed out: The slapstick element was whatever, but the joke of the professional piano player doing the polite nod and continuing to play was actually a decent joke.

I can't find it on youtube, but take my word for it that the scene where pink goo is dripped onto Kevin James's face is every bit as horrifying as they describe it in the pilot episode.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
my baby boy had a baby boy!!!!!!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Toe to tip, it looks just like Griffin

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
Can't wait for the hippest new podcast of 2041: My Cousin, My Cousin, and Me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ordinaire posted:

Can't wait for the hippest new podcast of 2041: My Cousin, My Cousin, and Me.

I've only listened to a handful of Still Buffering but do they ever call it My Sister, My Sister and Me?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Inzombiac posted:

I've only listened to a handful of Still Buffering but do they ever call it My Sister, My Sister and Me?

I know that title was used for a bonus feature where Rachel, Sydney, and Teresa all did a MBMBAM episode

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Man I don't listen to Sawbones or Still Buffering but do listen to Rose Buddies and holy poo poo does Sydnee and Rachel sound exactly the loving same. If I didn't listen to either I would have an incredibly difficult time telling them apart. Teresa sounds like the average between both of them. poo poo's weird.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Teresa sounds like the average between two people who sound exactly the same? So... she also sounds the same? :confused:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ariong posted:

Teresa sounds like the average between two people who sound exactly the same? So... she also sounds the same? :confused:

I know it sounds contradictory but it's the best way I can describe how they sound "different". I only know Rachel's voice well, but I know it really well from having listened to all of RB multiple times over, and I know of Sydnee's voice from the few eps of Sawbones and Still Buffering I've listened to, but if I didn't they sound like carbon copies of the same voice, just one a little younger than the other. Teresa sounds just vaguely different enough to be distinctive from either of the other two wives, but only just. They do all sound almost exactly alike though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
They sound pretty similar, but I find Sydnee's voice to be just slightly deeper. Not a lot, but enough to help me distinguish between her and Rachel, but I haven't listened to that one MBMBaM they did so I'm not sure if it would be confusing with them together, this is just based off listening to a lot of Rose Buddies and Sawbones.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Sydnee also has more of a southern accent (at least to my ear) than Rachel.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alls I knows is that only one McElroy has been in a Jon Bois video, and that McElroy was Sydnee.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Whens his podcast start

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

"Goo Goo Ga Ga: With special guest Marc Maron"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Travis needs to learn Paul blart's secret of immortality cuz he picked an even less funny dude as his podcast successor
The future of the McElroy empire is in the line of griffin!!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The McElroy War of the Roses

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
One of them should pick Kevin James as a successor.

Edit:

Lin-Manuel Miranda is the trickster-god of the McElroy pantheon.

Leospeare fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 27, 2016

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://vimeo.com/192399214

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
imo each McElroy brother should name a different flop houser as their successor. The WIOAT boys name the house cat jointly

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Farg posted:

imo each McElroy brother should name a different flop houser as their successor. The WIOAT boys name the house cat jointly

House cat for one and the Knife for the other.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I know Death Blart is a silly joke thing, but they should pick successors who they are certain will outlive them.

Rileigh, for instance.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The maxfunification of mbmbam must be resisted, they're the only people in that Ocean of Whiteness I can remotely tolerate
Only those with the goofs may survive!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Farg posted:

I would rather gently caress Garf body, Pam head, Lorenzo Music voice but speaks exclusively in Paul Blart quotes, than listen to any of the flop housers.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Cool

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

The Flop boys seem nice I just wish most of their jokes weren't "I pretended that what you said was some nonsense that kind of rhymes with what you actually said."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

misadventurous posted:

The Flop boys seem nice I just wish most of their jokes weren't "I pretended that what you said was some nonsense that kind of rhymes with what you actually said."

Don't let Scott Auckerman hear you

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Don't let Hot Soccermom hear you

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Wait! Don't go! You haven't heard my opinion about the Flop House. It is good, or maybe bad.

Oh, also, I guarantee that it's been too long since you've seen this Monster Factory bit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt40yL31mdc

EDIT: Maybe I should actually try to solve the problem, rather than just being a dick about it. There is a thread for discussing the Flop House, here it is.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 28, 2016

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What's gonna be real weird is Death Blart the year Kevin James dies.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013
Legitimately my favorite thing about The Flophouse is watching this thread throw a collective temper tantrum every time someone does as little as saying the name of one of the hosts.

well why not posted:

What's gonna be real weird is Death Blart the year Kevin James dies.

That's gonna be one of the Death Blarts to remember. Also if/when Paul Blart 3 gets made, ideally as a musical by Lin Manuel Miranda.

Everybody's favorite brothers appeared on Desert Bus For Hope to talk shop about podcasting, and provide exclusive video footage of a baby sleeping. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYiEnJma-h0

Deport The Irish fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 28, 2016

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/my2k/status/803117473939607552

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Thank you so much for doing this, within minutes of his post, even.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Deport The Irish posted:

Legitimately my favorite thing about The Flophouse is watching this thread throw a collective temper tantrum every time someone does as little as saying the name of one of the hosts.

To be fair, that's basically what happens in every thread in this subforum when another podcast is mentioned.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

People are freaking out over this dude saying he is thinking about maybe doing a TAZ pet project?

I don't get it.

Edit: nevermind. It didn't load correctly at first.

Edit edit: The latest episode reminded me that Travis and I have the same 1980's crush: Andie MacDowell.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 28, 2016

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Why the short pants?

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

BigRed0427 posted:

Why the short pants?

Yeah I mean Taako should really be wearing a skirt.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Luneshot posted:

Plus of course he is supposed to be wearing the mongoose mask for the entire monologue. But still, it's pretty rad.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding when you said SEO Play was a good series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Luneshot posted:

That monologue is from the Petals to the Metal arc, before skirts came into fashion.