Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Buying an oem fender that was hosed from the factory. How British Leyland is that!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nobody's ever gonna look at both sides of the car at the same time just stamp it wherever.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Powershift posted:

Nobody's ever gonna look at both sides of the car at the same time just stamp it wherever.

But they will know

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Powershift posted:

The shape of the sills on my car are *ever* so slightly off from one another due to the body shop not being perfectionists. I thought I was okay with it.

I'm not

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Preoptopus posted:

Buying an oem fender that was hosed from the factory. How British Leyland is that!?
The pressings are probably British Motor Heritage ones, and while I believe they use original tooling, said tooling was over 40 years old by the time they finished production, so it wouldn't surprise me if it'd been hosed around with/bodge repaired a lot over the years.

It's the kind of thing that you'd never normally notice. Apparently, a huge number of AC Cobra replicas in the UK have different length doors either side - because several companies' moulds for the fibreglass can be traced back to this one accident-repaired original Cobra. When BMW built the Dixie as a licensed version of the Austin 7, it looks almost identical, but if you compare the engine bays, a load of stuff is on the "wrong" side.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 26, 2016

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Now I have to rewatch all of them, as it is written.

I watched them all to prepare for this one. Turns out I'd actually missed an episode or two somehow.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Now I have to rewatch all of them, as it is written.

I went back and watched the first 2 again after the new ep. I like how they figured it'd be ready "in a few months."

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
I think I've mentioned/quoted from it before, I finally found it: the 1997 Motor Trend story on the street-legal sprint car.

quote:

Except for a letter-slot area straight ahead, everything was a total blur: The letter-slot area was a partial blur.

quote:

The automatic transmission (which I straddled as if riding a large dog) cant shift for itself, so I was expected to read the digital tach (which was updating information so fast it said 8888 all the time), reach between my legs, and push the lever ahead one gear.

quote:

A major transmission fluid leak problem (the second-degree burns healed nicely, thank you) prevented us from doing handling or stopping distance tests.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 27, 2016

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Welp, figured it was time I started watching these. I'm through the first two.

Holy poo poo.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Welp, figured it was time I started watching these. I'm through the first two.

Holy poo poo.

Boy, do I envy you.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

scuz posted:

Boy, do I envy you.
Yeah. It's like the episode of Red Dwarf where Holly asks for his memory to be wiped so he can enjoy reading all the Agatha Christie novels again.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Yeah. It's like the episode of Red Dwarf where Holly asks for his memory to be wiped so he can enjoy reading all the Agatha Christie novels again.

Would that it were.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Would that it were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGpsXuMvApo

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

A whole bunch of old vs new

http://imgur.com/gallery/lLNZT

what is this nonsense looking concept?

Old plz. thx.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'd take an RR engined Quattro over any modern Audi.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pretty sure this is all still Ralph Nader's fault.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Civic fat lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Isn't there a photo floating around of 25+ years of civics all lined up showing how fat they get?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

xzzy posted:

Isn't there a photo floating around of 25+ years of civics all lined up showing how fat they get?

That seems to be a fairly normal trend. Car company comes out with a new small car. In successive generations the car gets more features, gets larger, heavier, and more expensive. A few years later car company comes out with a new small car.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I'm sure the graph of crash ratings would rise up faster than the weight. I think the used car market works -- enthusiasts willing to have worse crash protection get to buy the cheaper cooler cars they want.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

wonder if they could ever make the shift feel on these nice since I hear cars with 6+ gears and manual shifters the gates begin to get too narrow.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Coredump posted:

wonder if they could ever make the shift feel on these nice since I hear cars with 6+ gears and manual shifters the gates begin to get too narrow.

Fullers of that type feel like you're stirring soup when you shift.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Coredump posted:

There isn't the traditional clunk into gear you get with a regular manual transmisson. you have to rev match up and down, and if you do it right you don't feel anything at all.

It has less gates than a 6 speed + R, it's basically a 4 speed with a switch to double it up, and a dog leg granny gear below reverse. Once you've started, you shift it like a 4 speed, slow stop and go it's a 4 speed in the bottom box, highway fighting hills it's a 4 speed in the top box. you have a splitter in each gear if you need it, but most trucks don't, which is why you see more 10 and 13 speeds in highway trucks.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

http://i.imgur.com/DxkQKATh.mp4

:stare:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Nov 29, 2016

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0yYn7Do_hQ

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Needs more img tags

edit: it's still not animating for some reason, but you should go to the source, it's worth it

http://imgur.com/DxkQKATh

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
What am I missing?

Edit: Ah, animation!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If you want it to animate you have to replace the extension with .mp4 and put it in a URL tag, not IMG.

http://i.imgur.com/DxkQKAT.mp4

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Sagebrush posted:

If you want it to animate you have to replace the extension with .mp4 and put it in a URL tag, not IMG.

:catstare:

Wonder how long it took to remove all the seat from their asses.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

:catstare:

Wonder how long it took to remove all the seat from their asses.

I'd love to see a heart rate monitor from them for the seconds before, during, and after. They have them on the V8 Supercar drivers for some races (or at least they used to) and you'd see guys sitting at 130-140 for most of the lap and spiking past 200 during some of the real pucker-inducing moments.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

:stare:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's...actually pretty legit.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Motronic posted:

Fullers of that type feel like you're stirring soup when you shift.

add in 25' of rod, and its stirring stew.

Bus:

15 speed. hi, lo, lo-lo.

IMO: They feel *niiiiiiiiiice* Such a solid feeling box when you get it *juuuust right* and everything slides into the right hole. get it ever so slightly wrong and LOL STARTOVER CHUMP.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

The feel of inertia in a bus shifter with a solid linkage is really unnerving for the first bit but it grows on you fast. Only manual bus I ever drove was a GM Fishbowl with the 4 speed though so no aux action.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
V-Drive box. Totally different yet similar rear end in a top hat. also good to learn on. :D

Holy tall 1st gear batman unless you had city gears.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I learned to drive a dogleg MT 45 passenger Tata bus like that on Camp Leatherneck/Bastion in 2012, and it was... enlightening, and also the only thing that kept me sane when I couldn't drive a real car for 6 months. I have a weird affection for that bus even to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Sagebrush posted:

I legit squealed out loud. Holy cats.