Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Strawberry Panda posted:

I watched this Harvard vs Standford college bball game that took place in China for some reason and it was sponsored by some company called Alibaba. Bill Walton was on commentary and proceeded to shill the poo poo out of that company the whole time.

They also showed him having a blast at Chinese Disneyland, which was pretty great.

Lmao alibaba is best known as the online repository for chinese manufactured research chemicals / weird drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Thibs is not allowed to trade Rubio. >: (

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lmao alibaba is best known as the online repository for chinese manufactured research chemicals / weird drugs

They also sell cadavers

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Alibaba is the Chinese ebay/amazon. It's ridiculously huge.

15 games today, y'all. My body ain't ready.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well I'm glad you guys liked Oladipo trying to sing in a tuxedo tshirt, anyways. It filled me with dread

Rumors are FLYING about thibs getting impatient and wanting to trade people! Sounds made up! Make it happen!

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/799655755775377412

This has been swirling for a while. Bulls aren't trading Butler, and Deng and that contract could probably be had for less than Rubio, but I'd also be surprised if the Lakers would be keen to start messing with chemistry while they're at .500 and in a playoff spot.

Gibson is interesting, but I'd be surprised if the Bulls would try to move him right now.

Anyway, for as click baity as that it, in interviews Thibs has been talking about how this is a long road and there isn't a quick fix.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

attackmole posted:

things bill walton likes:
classical music
the grateful dead
dogs
biking
tipis
e-sports
???????

Dude's good at getting enthusiastic about drat near everything.

Gonna have to add Boris Diaw to that list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkrccHEAqg

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Alibaba is where I'm ultimately going to have to go to order 1000 Knicks Jerseys with #23 LeBron on the back at $5 a pop

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Lockback posted:

This has been swirling for a while. Bulls aren't trading Butler, and Deng and that contract could probably be had for less than Rubio, but I'd also be surprised if the Lakers would be keen to start messing with chemistry while they're at .500 and in a playoff spot.

Gibson is interesting, but I'd be surprised if the Bulls would try to move him right now.

Anyway, for as click baity as that it, in interviews Thibs has been talking about how this is a long road and there isn't a quick fix.

I don't think Walton would want to stunt Russell's development as a PG for a quick upgrade in Rubio.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Wow there's afternoon games today? I love basketball.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Wolves "trade rumors" are literally just a guy saying "well I know Thibs and I bet he's getting impatient, I bet he trades a young guy for a vet to turn this team around!"

I could have gotten the same hot scoop from my dinner table last night.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
A new nba stats site. Haven't looked at it much, though: http://www.inpredictable.com/search/label/NBA?m=1

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
found an old picture of that time Tony Parker saw a g-g-g-g-ghost

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Channing Frye's dad passed. Rough couple months for the man.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Zach Randolph's mom passed away, he's in indefinite hiatus.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Is Lebron powering up again already?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Lockback I think it was you talking about Westbrook's unprecedented usage?

His BPM is currently 15.2. The season record is Jordan's 88-89 12.6, followed by Curry's 12.5 last year.

CP3 is at 13.9 and LeBron is at 13.0. If LeBron continues to power up he'll be in all-time season territory along with a few other dudes.

There's some remarkable NBA happening. Davis and Westbrook are both in all-time PER, which means Davis at 23 is ONCE AGAIN setting a record for highest PER by age http://www.basketball-reference.com....0&order_by=per
a record he holds for 19, 20 and 21 year olds

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Tae posted:

Zach Randolph's mom passed away, he's in indefinite hiatus.

Kibner posted:

Channing Frye's dad passed. Rough couple months for the man.

:(

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

thanksgiving claiming lives

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/tallmaurice/status/802234661715873792

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

gently caress. I forgot.

I am thankful for Joel Embiid and there's a non-zero chance he could prevent a nuclear war in the next 4 years.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

The Sacramento Kings have given the representatives of Omri Casspi permission to search out potential trade partners. Dan Fegan represents Casspi as well as DeMarcus Cousins.

Ah man :(

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Aren't Cousins and Casspi besties?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Please take Bogut, one of the young Mavs, and their draft pick for Cousins.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/memgrizz/status/802240003954921472

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Marc Stein posted:

A quick follow-up to our recent note about the NBA Development League and its expected salary jump into the range of $50,000 to $75,000:

The specifics should be known soon, since the new labor agreement between the NBA and the players' union that we've been hearing about for weeks is certain to be finalized between now and Dec. 15, which was the original deadline for either side to opt out of the current collective bargaining agreement.

To be clear, though, our forecast of a D-League salary increase was meant to apply specifically to the two-way contracts that numerous insiders anticipate will be introduced as part of the next labor pact for the additional 60 to 90 players who would be able to start signing with NBA teams next summer. Talk of NBA rosters expanding from 15 players to 17 or 18, with those final two or three spots reserved for two-way deals inspired by the NHL, has been rampant for months.

No one, though, is suggesting that all D-Leaguers would make that much. Two-way contracts, which would call for one salary if the player is in the NBA and the lower salary if the player is the D-League, will be struck directly with NBA teams. The expectation remains that the D-League could continue to employ its own salary scale for players it signs and distributes via the D-League draft and player pool; this season's two salary classifications are $26,000 and $19,000 with housing and health insurance provided.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

They should let all the DLeague players into the NBAPA otherwise they are going to throw the lesser ones under the bus.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Depending on what "housing" covers it basically makes those salaries a livable wage anyways so that's not so bad.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Very stoked about Danny Green's 3 shooting returning to form this season.

Spacebump posted:

They should let all the DLeague players into the NBAPA otherwise they are going to throw the lesser ones under the bus.

Does the Player's union not cover D-Leaguers because if not that's pretty lovely.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Depending on what "housing" covers it basically makes those salaries a livable wage anyways so that's not so bad.

Yeah, but these guys careers are really short and when they leave the D-League they are probably done with pro sports (maybe some will go to Europe or Asia, but not that many). It'd be nice if they made a wage that let them put a bit aside.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rubio's one of the longest tenured Wolves, literally runs the team on the court, and is one of the few plus defenders they have. There is zero reason for Thibs to trade him, especially not for Win Now mode

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

I mean, it sounds like dumb bleacher report garbage, and now that I look I see it's loving Ric Bucher, but this is also why_you_dont_give_a_coach_full_gm_powers.txt in a single tweet

Mr. F! posted:

They also sell cadavers

Also you could buy 20 power supplies that will melt

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

When I watch OKC I think the same thing as when I watch the Pistons, you, over there, make your open three, and he says no, I don't think I will do that

Remember when Stan was going to surround Drummond with 3 point shooters? Pepperidge farm remembers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tobias Harris shoots threes.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Menstrual Show posted:

Remember when Stan was going to surround Drummond with 3 point shooters? Pepperidge farm remembers
I mean everyone they've acquired shoots threes except Aron Baynes and Boban and they're both Mad Max characters so that's to be expected

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

The Warriors scored a lot of points last night.

GSW 47 assists and 149 on very efficient shooting. Basically a top 5/top 10 scoring game by some measurements in the last thirty years. Possibly top 15 all-time.

Teams with 149+ points sorted by ORtg since 1984:

code:
Date		Tm		Opp	PTS	ORtg
3/13/1998	LAC		TOR	152	162.8
3/16/2010	PHO		MIN	152	152.7
11/22/1983	POR		DEN	156	150.2
4/14/2008	CHI	@	MIL	151	144.9
3/15/2009	PHO	@	GSW	154	144.9
1/15/1985	DAL	@	GSW	149	143.9
11/25/1992	BOS		WSB	150	142.9
11/23/2016	GSW		LAL	149	142.7

Crazy Ted posted:

We now live in a world where Kevin Love has scored 34 points in one quarter in an NBA game.

RIP in peace Gendo

And only 40 in the whole game. It looks like yet another year of the Cavaliers coasting in the EC.

Lockback posted:

If the Bulls did trade Butler I'd start a class action lawsuit against Jerry Reinsdorf.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

His BPM is currently 15.2. The season record is Jordan's 88-89 12.6, followed by Curry's 12.5 last year.

CP3 is at 13.9 and LeBron is at 13.0. If LeBron continues to power up he'll be in all-time season territory along with a few other dudes.

There's some remarkable NBA happening. Davis and Westbrook are both in all-time PER, which means Davis at 23 is ONCE AGAIN setting a record for highest PER by age http://www.basketball-reference.com....0&order_by=per
a record he holds for 19, 20 and 21 year olds

LBJ has the highest BPM on record:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/bpm_season.html

Curry's OBPM from last year might last forever:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/obpm_season.html

I was confident Dirk would reach 200 WS before LBJ but he might not now:

code:
Player			WS
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	273.41
Wilt Chamberlain	247.26
Karl Malone		234.63
Michael Jordan		214.02
John Stockton		207.7
Tim Duncan		206.38
Dirk Nowitzki 		198.78
LeBron James 		194.75
LBJ crossing 200 WS at the age of 32 is special. He'll be the youngest ever barring injury. And he could move into #4 all-time at some point in 2018 if he stays healthy.

Spacebump posted:

I think they're going to throw them under the bus.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Zogo posted:

I think they're going to throw them under the bus.

Duh, we already saw them not do anything to help future members by giving up being able to come out of high school into the NBA. They aren't the best at negotiating and should probably not have busy super stars in important roles.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 26, 2016

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

LeBron is the greatest of all time and I will fight anyone who disagrees

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Marcus Camby was hosting thanksgiving on his estate and his 9 year old autistic nephew wondered off and has been missing for 24 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I feel like the way they talk about 2 way contracts mean that they're going to gently caress over rookies rather than help development league guys.

• Locked thread