Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Tom Sellout posted:

No one has been able to cover Cole Beasely all year long. Twilly is a great clearout dude. And then, you can always just check it down to Elliott and watch him carve your sorry rear end defense up. Jason Witten will continue to get wide open in the middle of the field. Seattle ain't doin' poo poo to this team.

You mean like how we didn't do poo poo against the Pats offense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Manoueverable posted:

To be fair the Patriots scored 24 and came within 4 inexplicable playcalls of putting up 31.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

big money big clit posted:

He's actually right in that if Seattle is susceptible to anything it's dink and dunk underneath stuff coupled with a willingness to keep running the ball. The Saints wore them down with long drives like that and Dallas could certainly do that too. That Dallas defense though...yikes.

If Chancellor is healthy the dink and dunk is just going to get Beasley's ribs broken.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

To be fair the Patriots scored 24 and came within 4 inexplicable playcalls of putting up 31.

The greatest QB of all time did that. Dak is not. And we will see how good that line still is when Avril and Bennett line up in the neutral zone most of the game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

TheChirurgeon posted:

lol come on man Cleveland is going 0-16

The Chargers are going to ruin my Christmas by losing to the Browns

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

He's actually right in that if Seattle is susceptible to anything it's dink and dunk underneath stuff coupled with a willingness to keep running the ball. The Saints wore them down with long drives like that and Dallas could certainly do that too. That Dallas defense though...yikes.

No Kam, and the Saints benefitted from atrocious reffing

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Manoueverable posted:

Totally different offensive styles. Cowboys have deep threats that draw attention, freeing up the underneath stuff. Elliott can do everything from the backfield whereas Blount and White/Lewis play limited roles. Dak's mobility will burn Seattle.

Don't forget what the offensive line did in Seattle in 2014. They're better now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The panthers finally gave up the ghost on Michael Oher and put him on IR. that's probably a career for him.

The panthers tomorrow are without kuechly, kalil, and their best pass rusher in Mario Addison. Also their backup center is out.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chichevache posted:

If Chancellor is healthy the dink and dunk is just going to get Beasley's ribs broken.

He probably won't, because he's never actually done that to anyone before. Edelman had 100 yards against Seattle.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

No Kam, and the Saints benefitted from atrocious reffing

Dallas is a much better running team than the Saints. Tim loving Hightower had 100 yards.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
In summary, https://t.co/YqUErNodLb

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Dallas is a much better running team than the Saints. Tim loving Hightower had 100 yards.

Kam is huge against the run as well

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Hmm. However productive this "we're gonna crush you" posturing is from both fanbases, something tells me we aren't actually going to find out who wins until they...yknow...play each other. Until then this is a bunch of rivals board hot air.

Should be a great game if it happens.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Seattle lost to Case Keenum.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
lmao if you don't think the Packers are winning the Super Bowl

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Cowboys hardest game is coming up next week, and it's against the Sam Bradford led Vikings, that's all you need to know

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sean10mm posted:

What is even the right defensive strategy vs. Dallas? Load the box and hope Dak just has a bad day (and their OL doesn't beat your rear end anyway)? Concede they'll rush for 200 and concentrate on shutting down Dak with complex coverages and wierd blitzes and poo poo?

When step 1 is "Your DL is so hosed LOL" it's hard to figure out step 2 I guess.

If Pittsburgh didn't piss away points on 4 failed 2pt conversions, and got even 1 stop in the last 2 minutes, they would have beaten Dallas

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If Pittsburgh didn't piss away points on 4 failed 2pt conversions, and got even 1 stop in the last 2 minutes, they would have beaten Dallas

He didn't ask how you beat them, he asked how you stop their offense. Pittsburgh gave up 35 points, so apparently their answer was "don't."

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

He didn't ask how you beat them, he asked how you stop their offense. Pittsburgh gave up 35 points, so apparently their answer was "don't."

You don't. You beat them in a shootout

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

incompetent posted:

Seattle lost to Case Keenum.

The Seahawks lose a dumb game to the Rams every year. No big surprise there.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

sean10mm posted:

What is even the right defensive strategy vs. Dallas? Load the box and hope Dak just has a bad day (and their OL doesn't beat your rear end anyway)? Concede they'll rush for 200 and concentrate on shutting down Dak with complex coverages and wierd blitzes and poo poo?

Option 2 is what the Eagles did and would have worked if they had a semblance of offense/could play ball control at all.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

He probably won't, because he's never actually done that to anyone before. Edelman had 100 yards against Seattle.

Your memory is so bad you must be Wes Welker irl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk7BL3V5KhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoiY6FRyJaQ

Edelman played outside a lot and had Gronk and the Offensive Bennett to clear out the middle of the field. Jason Witten's old rear end is going to be covered by Wright, so Kam will be hanging out in the box waiting for Elliott and Beasley to try crossing the middle of the field. He will get his pound of flesh.

shirts and skins posted:

Hmm. However productive this "we're gonna crush you" posturing is from both fanbases, something tells me we aren't actually going to find out who wins until they...yknow...play each other. Until then this is a bunch of rivals board hot air.

Should be a great game if it happens.

:agreed: these two teams won't meet till the Championship Game and I don't think Dallas gets that far. This potential matchup probably deserves its own trash talk thread.

The Pittsburgh defense hasn't been good since Obama's first term, so I don't know what you think this proves.

Edit
:lol: first video is Browner, not Kam. Oh well. Same end result if Beasley tries crossing and slanting all day.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 25, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Cowboys hardest game is coming up next week, and it's against the Sam Bradford led Vikings, that's all you need to know

The Ravens were a bad matchup for them, but they were able to take full control of the game once the Ravens stopped moving the ball. The Cowboys are not beatable if their defense is playing at a non-bad level.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I didn't see broken ribs on any of those. If your criteria for being a big hitter is blowing up Wes Welker then half the safeties and linebackers in the league qualify.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

I didn't see broken ribs on any of those. If your criteria for being a big hitter is blowing up Wes Welker then half the safeties and linebackers in the league qualify.

Are you CharlestheHammer's alternate account?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i'd like to hear the anthem excuse now

https://twitter.com/bhorn55/status/802266353470230528

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chichevache posted:

Are you CharlestheHammer's alternate account?

Kam Chancellor is a good player but not actually a killer of men, despite what Seattle fans wish to believe.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Your memory is so bad you must be Wes Welker irl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk7BL3V5KhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoiY6FRyJaQ

Edelman played outside a lot and had Gronk and the Offensive Bennett to clear out the middle of the field. Jason Witten's old rear end is going to be covered by Wright, so Kam will be hanging out in the box waiting for Elliott and Beasley to try crossing the middle of the field. He will get his pound of flesh.

:agreed: these two teams won't meet till the Championship Game and I don't think Dallas gets that far. This potential matchup probably deserves its own trash talk thread.

The Pittsburgh defense hasn't been good since Obama's first term, so I don't know what you think this proves.

Edit
:lol: first video is Browner, not Kam. Oh well. Same end result if Beasley tries crossing and slanting all day.

The thing I can't get past in a potential Seattle/Dallas matchup is that Cowboys offensive line isn't just gonna stop any 4 man pass rush, it's also athletic enough to take out linebackers at the second level. Maybe you're right about Dak falling apart in the playoffs, but I hope not bc I really want to see Seattle vs Dallas in the playoffs. In the end, I think Russel Wilson is the X-factor in the game, and becomes the Manning/Brady of his generation. It's the game I really want to happen in the 2016 season

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The thing I can't get past in a potential Seattle/Dallas matchup is that Cowboys offensive line isn't just gonna stop any 4 man pass rush, it's also athletic enough to take out linebackers at the second level. Maybe you're right about Dak falling apart in the playoffs, but I hope not bc I really want to see Seattle vs Dallas in the playoffs. In the end, I think Russel Wilson is the X-factor in the game, and becomes the Manning/Brady of his generation. It's the game I really want to happen in the 2016 season

As a football fan I want this game to happen. As a Hawks fan I don't, despite my bravado, because I want homefield advantage through the playoffs and I don't see us wrestling the 1 seed away from Dallas.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

The greatest QB of all time did that. Dak is not. And we will see how good that line still is when Avril and Bennett line up in the neutral zone most of the game.

Peyton lost to Seattle though :confused:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Maclin, Dee Ford & Jaye Howard ruled out for KC. Marcus Peters, Derrick Johnson & Dontari Poe questionable but not ruled out at least.

Ugh.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Metapod posted:

Peyton lost to Seattle though :confused:

He said best

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions will take out Seattle in the divisional round then host the Giants for the NFC Championship Game.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Grittybeard posted:

Maclin, Dee Ford & Jaye Howard ruled out for KC. Marcus Peters, Derrick Johnson & Dontari Poe questionable but not ruled out at least.

Ugh.

It's going to be 24-3 Broncos by halftime and 45-10 to close it out.

Bet on it.

The self-immolation of Chiefs fandom after this game will be seen from the ISS

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I like watching Air Coryell offenses with a line that knows how to actually block, so it's been fun watching the Cowboys from an outsider's perspective.

"obsolete offense" my aching rear end.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I haven't watched the cowboys this year, what are they doing specifically to bring back air coryell style offenses? Actually giving dak enough time for receivers to get open deep?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Chichevache posted:

As a football fan I want this game to happen. As a Hawks fan I don't, despite my bravado, because I want homefield advantage through the playoffs and I don't see us wrestling the 1 seed away from Dallas.

At Seattle, I think the Seahawks can stymie the Dallas offense enough to mangle our bad defense and come away with a close win. At Dallas, I think the Cowboys offense can put up enough points on Seattle before they can respond to squeak one out.

*If* these teams can make it to the NFCCG, anyways. Seattle's good, but they are nowhere near as good as the squads they fielded over the last three years.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

I haven't watched the cowboys this year, what are they doing specifically to bring back air coryell style offenses? Actually giving dak enough time for receivers to get open deep?

Pretty much, plus they shove the ball down the opponents throat and then finish them off in the redzone. Of course, they have a lot of short and intermediate route concepts, but that's been a part of that style of offense since Coryell invented it anyway. The mid 80's Chargers and the 90's Cowboys, among others, threw short and middle a lot on top of going deep often.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shangri-Law School posted:

The Lions will take out Seattle in the divisional round then host the Giants for the NFC Championship Game.

So much combined bullshit it will rival the floods at the Oakland Coliseum.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

TheChirurgeon posted:

*If* these teams can make it to the NFCCG, anyways. Seattle's good, but they are nowhere near as good as the squads they fielded over the last three years.

Hmm. I think this team is markedly better than last year's, and probably about as good as 2014. They're pretty on par with what they've been putting out. They lost Lynch, but Wilson and Baldwin keep getting better together. The defense is the defense, it really hasn't changed much at all (except for this coming weekend with all the hamstring absences).

Yeah, they've put up some stinkers, but the 2013 team that blew out Peyton in the SB went down 21-0 against TB at home before coming back. They needed a brutal Schaub pick six to beat the Texans.

Cowboys are way better than they have been though. I hope that game happens, because I think the teams match up well with each other--should be a nice 31-28 game or somesuch. And given Dallas' schedule I'd be very surprised if they lost home field advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Active QBs with 1500+ pass attempts

sorry about your trash QBs, Raiders and Pats :smug: :smug: :smug:

*frantically covers up completion percentage and TD%*

• Locked thread