Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I think Mr. Satan and the Z-fighters should definitely make the existence of Ki public knowledge and kick off a martial arts arms race on the planet earth.

More cool fights that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

NecroMonster posted:

I think Mr. Satan and the Z-fighters should definitely make the existence of Ki public knowledge and kick off a martial arts arms race on the planet earth.

More cool fights that way.

Isn't this what happens in the semi-canon Dragonball Online?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr. Satan is someone who is arrogant and self-absorbed but has a genuinely good heart beneath that. The fact that this is contradictory is part of the comedy of the character. (Also Toriyama has a fondness for "kind of an rear end in a top hat, actually strong-hearted beneath", see Krillin/Yajirobi/Tien/Piccolo/ect)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ki used to be fairly well known! Remember all those dudes using it during the early tournaments?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i thought it was pretty much just turtle school dudes, crane school dudes, namekian transplants, and like tao pei pei

and the tournaments at the time had a really small following

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Ki used to be fairly well known! Remember all those dudes using it during the early tournaments?

A lot of people in the early tournaments used a variety of tricks more than ki stuff. I think it was basically Goku and pals, Tien and pals, Piccolo and Mercenary Tao who used it and as mentioned they were a cut above the rest and won most fights easily.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the only ki in the first tournament was the kamehameha and flight was introduced in the second. it was kind of a big deal!

tsob posted:

Is the right thing deceiving almost the entire world in to believing he's the strongest, including making up increasingly desperate lies to explain the abilities of everyone stronger than him so he can maintain his status and making up excuses to absolve himself of any defeats or even defer himself from fighting because he knows he's out of his depth? Is it taking credit for other people's feats because those people haven't come forward and he thinks he can get away with it? Goku and company eventually okay his activities, but he has no idea of their desires initially and still does it anyway.

satan deceiving almost the entire world into believing he's the strongest is how goku beat kid buu

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Is it just me or are there way more redrawn (and noticeably so) segments in this episode than the others?

Dende's new personality isn't really different than his old one, he just has the obnoxiousness turned way up now. I liked Cell "abridging" the story of Dragonball Z.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Is it just me or are there way more redrawn (and noticeably so) segments in this episode than the others?

It wouldn't shock me if making the footage work is what kept Kaiser busy with this episode.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rutibex posted:

He go beaten up by a gang of Ki using toughs in his youth, and swore off those dirty tricks forever.

Not just some gang of ki users, The World's Greatest Assassin Taopaipai (KILL YOU), who killed Hercule's master.

Also, Mr. Satan is a good guy ultimately. If it wasn't for Evil Buu he would've solved the Majin Buu incident peacefully, he is courageous when it counts, and he is grandfather to the most powerful entity in the universe (Pan).

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Momomo posted:

Gonna third that. Also strange that they talked about Krillin never getting any, since we've seen him with a girlfriend before.

When Frieza impales Krillin, the Jap dialogue for Krillin has him 'want to be married, just once'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE07ZbSuSSQ

From there (Given Krillin is probably a traditionalist) it's fair to go with 'he might have had girlfriends, but never got too far'.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Also, Mr. Satan is a good guy ultimately. If it wasn't for Evil Buu he would've solved the Majin Buu incident peacefully, he is courageous when it counts, and he is grandfather to the most powerful entity in the universe (Pan).

I blame those two rear end in a top hat assassin dudes who shot Buu's dog and then Satan.

gently caress those guys.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Satan literally steps to Kid Buu even after he's realized that he's completely out of his league and about to get totally murdered

Dude is a legit hero

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

tsob posted:

and it's only really in Super that he's contrite about his actions or seems willing to resolve them. And even then, only because he's already rich.

I mean yeah, if we overlook him throwing 16's head towards Gohan, or him attempting to take down Fat Buu (albeit in a dumb way) only to end up turning him to the good guy's side, or him stepping up to loving Kid Buu after witnessing him mop the ground with Goku and Vegeta causing Fat Buu to fight back, or him convincing the whole Earth to give Goku enough energy to finish Kid Buu off, then yeah, he didn't do much to redeem himself in the original series and Super painted him in a more Jerk with a Heart of Gold fashion...

EXCEPT, even in non-canon material he has always shown shades of this. In Fusion Reborn when the zombies are attacking the city, he is out fighting them. In GT when he believes Baby killed Pan he steps up with the rest of the Z fighters to challenge him.

His heart has always been in the right place

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Last I checked he actually beat the Zombie Apocalypse in Fusion Reborn.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hercule is a saint and none shall speak ill of him.

Also, one huge thing to remember- A lot of ki users back in the Dragon Ball days may not have known what Ki was either.

Goku sure didn't! Goku didn't learn what Ki was until after he was trained by Kami. Krillin didn't learn for at least as long.

He knew there was this energy in him and he knew of techniques that could use it, but he didn't know anything about the finer points of it. I'd imagine Nom used the same to enhance his physical abilities.

Mr. Satan has always been on the level of a Non Super Human fighter. He's possibly the strongest one. Put him up against King Choppa, or that one movie star guy from the third tournament, and he could legitimately win.

It's not that they're bad either, it's just that they never had their limits pushed beyond the human level.

Nom, for instance, would wipe the floor with Hercule and he was barely a threat to Goku near his weakest point. Monster Giran would dominate Hercule, same thing there. Hercule just had the good fortune to only have normal fighters show up, instead of the super human ones.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gohan: *watches his friends, family, and adopted father being brutally murdered by Cell Jr.'s, and stares like a goldfish unable to do anything.*
Android 16, who Gohan has known for like a day: *says some words of encouragement before being destroyed*
Gohan: Clearly this was what I needed to inspire me to my full potential.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

Gohan: *watches his friends, family, and adopted father being brutally murdered by Cell Jr.'s, and stares like a goldfish unable to do anything.*
Android 16, who Gohan has known for like a day: *says some words of encouragement before being destroyed*
Gohan: Clearly this was what I needed to inspire me to my full potential.

Well obviously it wasn't

He was still holding back even when Cell was winning the beam struggle. Gohan has self esteem issues.

also issues with not wanting to kill everyone but you know

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair if I knew that I would blow up the entire planet and possibly the entire solar system if I lose control I'd probably have some issues too.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm just poking a bit of fun, regardless.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hercule should get his own world tournament arc running in parallel to the multiverse tournament arc

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

do you think Arale is alive in Future Trunks' future

what do you think would happen if she met the Androids

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They killed her.

Easily, I might add.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

They killed her.

Easily, I might add.

Nah.

If they found her she would have wrecked 'em.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yamcha could beat Arale, but he won't because no one cares about her.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Nah, she has looney toons physics on her side.

We'll see soon I guess. Dragon Ball Super Fanfiction Because Toriyama Got Bored will answer the question soon enough

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Y'all are sourpusses.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

What if Cell absorbed Arale

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

then he'd be truly perfect.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The last batch of DBZA episodes had a few funny moments but this one had me laughing almost all the way through.

Re: Mr.Satan talk, while he's definetly a legit strong guy in the human sense, I believe you're overestimating a bit just for winning the World Tournament once, remember that despite its name, it was just part of a festival in a tropical island and the prize money wasn't even that great before Mr.Satan turned it mainstream. We saw during Dragon Ball that the world is chock-full of strong people and people with weird powers that don't bother to participate.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
I think I liked Dende better when he was almost entirely deadpan, but he got a few laughs out of me.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

Nah, she has looney toons physics on her side.

We'll see soon I guess. Dragon Ball Super Fanfiction Because Toriyama Got Bored will answer the question soon enough

This is Arales greatest feat of strength. I would put her power level around 5000 or so, maybe as strong as Nappa?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dont think Nappa could survive a planetary impact tbh

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
All hail Super Kami Dende

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Taking bets on whether King Kai ends up alive within the next 8 hours.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Little green being a pissed off rear end in a top hat is good, making him hypersexualised isn't. He didn't perv on gohan on namek, why is he doing it now?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

Taking bets on whether King Kai ends up alive within the next 8 hours.

I think Bubbles and Gregory will be revived, but not King Kai.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

notaspy posted:

Little green being a pissed off rear end in a top hat is good, making him hypersexualised isn't. He didn't perv on gohan on namek, why is he doing it now?

The only jokes they have left.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Did Arale survive Buu's extinction attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

notaspy posted:

That's because dbza is now about how the side characters love to bone and literally nothing else ever again

• Locked thread