Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The Sainted Rohan Kishibe Does Not Defecate, Ever

please stop this immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If you don't think the universe would have one last laugh at "the great" Kishibe Rohan by leaving his crap stained pants behind, I dunno what to say.

It's okay, because he finally will be the second person to achieve the title of Japanese Kuso Manga Boy, right after my idol and hero bkub

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
The only way this could be more perfect is if for next week we get a Bites the Dust intro and the episode ends with Josuke and Kira about to face off (they'd probably have to skip the ED to fit it all in but it would absolutely be worth it)

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Moltrey posted:

Finished re-reading Bites The Dust and fuuuuuck this is gonna be so GOOD

Special shoutouts to this panel, even though I don't really care for Hayato, this rules. Kinda wish they could use it for a cliffhanger, but it's in Chapter 6 of 9

Condiv posted:

Everything about those lines own. Goddamn I love jojo and araki so much

Was about to make the exact same post when I saw that panel. Hayato is so desperate and out of his depth and the narration really sells it, it's legit great prose.

I love how they depicted BTD in today's episode, from the little "diving" effect when the arrow hit Kira the second time to Hayato's scream at the end. They basically lifted that straight from ASB and for good reason.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
I take back everything I said about EoH, I finally found a 4-player match, played as Joshu and fell over and cried about Yasuho until my more competent teammate and I won, A++ anime game of the year 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Moltrey posted:

e: just noticed Kira's amazing brow game in this pic and holy poo poo, a real man's man right here. why do people even like dio again??

CHARISMA

e: also it's not DIO's fault his design was done before Araki learned to unleash his true ability to give everyone kickin rad outfits

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

HE IS IRONICALLY PEDANTIC ABOUT TRANSLATIONS!

Ghiaccio is loving screaming every day in the afterlife about being so shamefully misrepresented by bad translations

Better Vento translations have caused me to knock Nero out of 1st place for Vento villains and slot Ghiaccio in instead. It probably says something about my personality in general if I have that kind of affinity for someone who is that much of a prick

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Ghiaccio is loving screaming every day in the afterlife about being so shamefully misrepresented by bad translations

Better Vento translations have caused me to knock Nero out of 1st place for Vento villains and slot Ghiaccio in instead. It probably says something about my personality in general if I have that kind of affinity for someone who is that much of a prick

Same. Ghiaccio is the best, and part 5 has a lot of great villains. But Ghiaccio is the only one who randomly starts smashing his steering wheel because he's mad about idioms.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Nero is still my number 1 with the Good Translations (it helps that Metallica vs King Crimson is fantastic in part because Nero is so cool in it), but Ghiaccio definitely jumped to 2nd over Prosciutto. The Assassination Squad in general are kind of a great group of antagonists and it's a really cool touch how they're all good at their jobs implicitly because of their Stands. Most things that do that have them be allegedly good assassins who also have unrelated gimmicks, so have them be intrinsically connected was a cool surprise.

Shame it doesn't help Melone be above the bottom tier of Cool Bad Guys though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It sucks that we got stuck with Diavolo as the final villain instead of Nero or Super Doppio.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dragonatrix posted:

it's a really cool touch how they're all good at their jobs implicitly because of their Stands. Most things that do that have them be allegedly good assassins who also have unrelated gimmicks, so have them be intrinsically connected was a cool surprise.

I have the power to control bees, which won World War II.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Are there any characters in JoJo that are as strongly implied to be gay as Sorbet and Gelato? Maybe Squalo and Tiziano?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

I have the power to control bees, which won World War II.

Also the power to photosynthesize, with which I used to shoot Hitler.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Are there any characters in JoJo that are as strongly implied to be gay as Sorbet and Gelato? Maybe Squalo and Tiziano?

I would almost say Dio and Pucchi, but that's probably more of a really, really, really, good friendship.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

It sucks that we got stuck with Diavolo as the final villain instead of Nero or Super Doppio.

I'd have been upset if part 5 ended with Nero or Doppio dying though. :(

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

JDRockefeller posted:

I would almost say Dio and Pucchi, but that's probably more of a really, really, really, good friendship.

I mean, they lay around in bed all day reading and talking about stands while DIO's shirtless

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I didn't get the feeling that Pucci ever fully admitted his feelings for Dio to himself.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The only man DIO ever loved is Jonathan and I feel bad for Pucci and hope that he finds someone who really loves him back one day.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

1) DIO is very bi, with Araki confirming that he would go for either men or women
2) Jolyne hints at maybe liking girls, if only not really coming to that realization yet. Hermes is a lesbian, full stop.
3) You'd THINK that Giorno would be very gay but he's probably way too focused on his dream/work in general to even care about that poo poo
4) MAYBE Rohan??
5) Gyro and Johnny probably aren't meant to be a couple, but I don't care, they're dating, they are practically married, gently caress the yuo
6) Speedwagon had a crush on Jonathan and i really do not see where it's coming from that he was in love with Erina but held back because of Honor. It doesn't make sense?? Robert Edward O. Speedwagon would die for that man.

I mean, they lay around in bed all day reading and talking about stands while DIO's shirtless

To be fair, DIO being shirtless is his casual lounge wear.

I do think he's being sincere about being afraid of losing Pucci, though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I dunno if Koichi is the only vanilla heterosexual in JoJo but he's certainly the most vanilla heterosexual

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Moltrey posted:

I dunno if Koichi is the only vanilla heterosexual in JoJo but he's certainly the most vanilla heterosexual

I think that award might go to Erina

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Moltrey posted:

hol horse

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Speedwagon is 100% gay for JoJo and Dio Brando had a crush on JoJo too. Unlike Speedwagon though, Dio's crush made him angry and obsessive rather than devoted and obsessive. Someone could probably write something very interesting about the difference between Dio and DIO and how it relates to him possessing JoJo's body and his sexual inhibitions. I'm too tired to try though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hol horse has open relationships and erina is into buff men which is more than Koichi's extreme vanilla style

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Rohan is probably gay but that could easily be me projecting onto the cute weirdboy who has his life together

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 26, 2016

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Speedwagon is 100% gay for JoJo and Dio Brando had a crush on JoJo too. Unlike Speedwagon though, Dio's crush made him angry and obsessive rather than devoted and obsessive. Someone could probably write something very interesting about the difference between Dio and DIO and how it relates to him possessing JoJo's body and his sexual inhibitions. I'm too tired to try though.

BOY am I sure That Guy, but it's late and I'm tired.:colbert:

Rohan is probably gay but that's could easily be me projecting onto the cute weirdboy who has his life together

I think his temperament and...Rohan-weirdness is supposed to be similar to Michaelangelo's (Araki didn't actually say that, but Rohan reminds me of him) so you are correct.

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 26, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
How DIO Got His Groove Back
(by stealing his stepbrother's body and banging a priest)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Moltrey posted:

Koichi's extreme vanilla style

Extreme femdom???

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

The only man DIO ever loved is Jonathan and I feel bad for Pucci and hope that he finds someone who really loves him back one day.

Well he's dead and from a universe that has been destroyed, so I don't think that's going to happen unfortunately.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he was EXTREMELY against it for reasons unbeknownst to me so gently caress off koichi

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Mista and Johnny are straight af

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yall are missing the part where I said vanilla heterosexual. Kira is very straight, but got a lil spice to his love life. Johnny also has a fetish and Mista still working on his own stuff after a week where Giorno tried to take his clothes off and then he found himself in Trish's body

Koichi most powerful vanilla cishet

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Well he's dead and from a universe that has been destroyed, so I don't think that's going to happen unfortunately.

Brother Ricky "The Pooch" Pucci and his boyfriend Daryl Brando

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Moltrey posted:

Koichi most powerful vanilla cishet

He's dating the girl with prehensile hair.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah and what she did with the that hair was a real dealbreaker for him

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
George II?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that dude married Lisa Lisa, he knew what was up

before anyone says Jonathan Joestar, I am nearly completely convinced that Jonathan does not know what sex even is or has any concept of it. Jonathan is too pure

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Jonathan does not know what sex even is or has any concept of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jonathan has never been horny in his life so it's weird Araki left a big plot hole like that idk