Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Tank set looks decent, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Apparently some new 24-man gear.

Assuming the lalafell is Bard / MCH?

Set looks like Mhach, but more "leafy" if that makes any sense.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
Yeah, left to right it's tank, bard, caster.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I look forward to being disappointed by the dragoon gear yet again

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Apparently some new 24-man gear.

The giant lalafell will destroy us all :derp::derp::derp:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Caster hat doesn't have an eyepatch?!

:eyepop:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Slide deck:

Notes: Dun Scaithe had a real Alice in Wonderland vibe, and then transition to Dickinsonian London.

EGIIIIIIIIIIII

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 26, 2016

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Thundarr posted:

But I'm glad they finally made chocobros usable in queues. It kind of sounds like summoners may no longer be able to have both chocobo and egi out at once this way? But if so, not that big a loss.

They said you could have both out, and said that yes a single party can have 24 things in it, so 8 Summoners with both pets and chocobo's out mean that hunts and fates are going to melt even faster now.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

quote:

Other egi appearances will be added in later patches.

You know what would be fun? Minions as Egi-glamours.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Beating A9S in under 5 minutes feels pretty good until you look and see that the best time on fflogs is 2:35. jfc

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Id pay 10 bucks easy for minion to pet fantasia

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Id pay 10 bucks easy for minion to pet fantasia

Same, gimme carbuncle back :saddowns:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:allears:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Leofish posted:

You know what would be fun? Minions as Egi-glamours.

One of these days, Fat Cat,

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RIP fun and easy trolling.

Also holy poo poo those chocobo quality of life changes.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Who did the 'special guest' end up being?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Tanaka Rie, Sophia and Kan-E-Senna's voice actress.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Slide deck:

Notes: Dun Scaithe had a real Alice in Wonderland vibe, and then transition to Dickinsonian London.

EGIIIIIIIIIIII

Maybe 4.0 will be when they make RMB default to work as camera-only like every other loving MMO in existence and not have it select anything you might've moused over, or do nothing at all if it was touching some part of the UI.

...probably not, but it's nice to dream.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

CrashScreen posted:

Tanaka Rie, Sophia and Kan-E-Senna's voice actress.

She's also garuda :eng101:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mog Station sale, go buy your stuff.

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/802575501696974849

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

super sweet best pal posted:

Also holy poo poo those chocobo quality of life changes.

Yeah, I'm very glad that Rawk Hawk will be able to get a lot more excercise in the next patch.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Those fuckers put the Bennu on sale, but not the MogBalloon :saddowns:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Koreban Regime I just denied your application to TPT because you didn't follow the rules and I can't verify your account.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So probably a stupid question but is that mogsales site safe to use? I know multiple people who have bought poo poo from them in the past with 0 issue but since there's obviously something shady going on I wasn't sure if SE would be able to track the gift codes and nail you for it.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So probably a stupid question but is that mogsales site safe to use? I know multiple people who have bought poo poo from them in the past with 0 issue but since there's obviously something shady going on I wasn't sure if SE would be able to track the gift codes and nail you for it.

Say what?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

nuru posted:

Say what?

Mogsales, not Mogstation.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mr. Nice! posted:

This isn't correct at all. I leveling my bro to 20 in 3.0. Mobs in higher level areas give good experience for chocobos. If you get a small fate group together you can get a ton of experience flying around the hinterlands or azys lla. Feeding your bird and challenge log rewards are big, but they aren't all you can do. Whip out your bird for daily hunts, maps, and fates and they'll rank up quickly.

They're still inordinately hard (in terms of time investment required) to level for the tiny, tiny benefit they provide. You make it sound like it can be done in an afternoon or something.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Emalde posted:

Mogsales, not Mogstation.

Oh, looks shady yes. Are codes not region specific? That's the only thing I can think of that would make sense for how they're doing it.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

nuru posted:

Oh, looks shady yes. Are codes not region specific? That's the only thing I can think of that would make sense for how they're doing it.

If not that, the only thing I can imagine is that all of these codes were purchased with stolen credit cards. I can't think of another way this could be profitable and they wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I saw people justifying it saying they were using the Russian store which was cheaper but yeah the stolen credit card angle is probably what's actually going on/

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Russian codes are almost always region locked to Russia across the board. You discount in Russia to get what money you can from those pirates, but you sure as hell don't let people exploit that by buying up cheap russkie codes and then flipping them for profit.

If it were that easy we'd all be doing it.

Edit: some cursory googling doesn't seem to even find a Russian language version of the game, just guides on how to get onto Euro servers.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 27, 2016

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

A pair of peeps over on Reddit managed to duo POTD from 51-200. Pretty impressive accomplishment when most people still can't do it with full parties. :v:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

those pair of peeps are goons who post in this thread

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Noz loving owns.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Verranicus posted:

They're still inordinately hard (in terms of time investment required) to level for the tiny, tiny benefit they provide. You make it sound like it can be done in an afternoon or something.

Heaven forbid someone invest time in an MMO to do something.

I will concede that running fates works best when fates are actually being ran, but I could get on the order of half a million exp an hour running fates in the hinterlands for my chocobo.

They do need to buff chocobo damage. He does around 400 dps in attack mode with a sylkis bud. It should scale with personal ilevel or something.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Has there been mention on if the chocobo timer is also being removed?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The long range bubble technique.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

The long range bubble technique.

I thought they fixed the thing where forced movement didn't cancel Collective Unconscious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I want a pvp map that uses Gold Saucer assets

• Locked thread