Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Will the old eps be available for purchase?

If you want to pay $1k you can get the bonus episodes :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Republicans posted:

Also "Invasion of the Neptune Men" was near the bottom of the MST3K rankings. What the gently caress?

The back half of it is really rough. Once they get into the interminable WWII stock footage, it reaches Coleman Francis levels of unwatchability.

"Noh Theater" is a great host segment, though.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Why is Hamlet in the top 100?

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Fezz posted:

Why is Hamlet in the top 100?

I never could make it through Hamlet. Did people vote for it ironically?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muscles like this! posted:

For an example of how rough these episodes are, in Invaders From the Deep, Joel introduces himself as Joel Hodgson, there isn't anything with the Mads to start and he doesn't even have the bots on stage with him. Also the movie just runs for over 2 minutes before Joel even shows up in the theater.

Hence Yukon Jack.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Well What Now posted:

How do I get that VHX account thing to work? I'm sure I gave more than enough but I haven't been following things very closely.

Ignore me I figured it out.

*raises hand*

Can you explain it to me? I'm lost.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Senior Woodchuck posted:

The back half of it is really rough. Once they get into the interminable WWII stock footage, it reaches Coleman Francis levels of unwatchability.

"Noh Theater" is a great host segment, though.

I really enjoyed their increasing despair over the tedium only to be saved by Krankor.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jet Jaguar posted:

This is a pretty good top 20 (from the list included in Joel's email)

1. Manos: The Hands of Fate - (424)
2. Space Mutiny - (820)
3. Mitchell - (512)
4. The Final Sacrifice - (910)
5. Pod People - (303)
6. Puma Man - (903)
7. Santa Claus Conquers The Martians - (321)
8. Werewolf - (904)
9. Cave Dwellers - (301)
10. Time Chasers - (821)

11. Overdrawn At The Memory Bank - (822)
12. I Accuse My Parents - (507)
13. Eegah! - (506)
14. Gamera - (302)
15. Prince of Space - (816)
16. Hobgoblins - (907)
17. Laserblast - (706)
18. Soultaker - (1001)
19. Godzilla vs. Megalon - (212)
20. Jack Frost - (813)

I'd swap out Teenagers From Outer Space for Laserblast, because otherwise the High Court may well sentence you to TORCHA!

Disappointed by the sheer lack of Angels Revenge on that list.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Republicans posted:

I really enjoyed their increasing despair over the tedium only to be saved by Krankor.

:confused: "Crank-whore?!"

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Gavok posted:

*raises hand*

Can you explain it to me? I'm lost.

If you're a Kickstarter backer there's a link in the backer kit.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Jet Jaguar posted:

I'd swap out Teenagers From Outer Space for Laserblast, because otherwise the High Court may well sentence you to TORCHA!

Ahm beginning tuh think you're not readuh fo some fuh-boll :(

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I just booted up The Final Sacrifice and was feeling kind of "meh" about the whole thing until Brain Guy said "Your movie today is, if such things can be measured, the worst thing to come out of Canada."

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Bicyclops posted:

I just booted up The Final Sacrifice and was feeling kind of "meh" about the whole thing until Brain Guy said "Your movie today is, if such things can be measured, the worst thing to come out of Canada."

Oh those pre-Bieber days....

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's a good time for some Red Zone Cuba.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Bicyclops posted:

On my tombstone will be "second worst thing to come out of Canada"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This is making me laugh harder than Prince of Space, which surprises me.

Servo doing the little "Gung, gung, gung gung," along with the music loving kills me. I can't believe they haven't made a Dr. Teeth joke about the Yosemite Sam guy, though.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bunnyofdoom posted:

On my tombstone will be "second worst thing to come out of Canada"

Seriously, after Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Bieber, Rob Ford, Ted Cruz, Nickleback, Robin Thicke....bunny, you, I, and Rowsdower are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down that particular list.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Davros1 posted:

Disappointed by the sheer lack of Angels Revenge on that list.

It's all the way down at 93 out of the top 100, which seems really low. I mean, Jack Palance, Alan Hale Jr, Jim Backus? Plus "taking a concept like 'shining your love' and just running with it" should put it way higher.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Was watching Danger Death Ray. "If Michael Caine and Andre the Giant had a child" and the noises of disgust when a character orders a "double Cointreau" are two of the most devastatingly dead-on riffs in the whole series.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

:stare:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's amazing that the sentence "Riveting and rousing exploits, co-starring ALAN HALE, JIM BACKUS, and ARTHUR GODFREY" exists in the universe.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

JACK PALANCE (TV's "Ripley's Believe It or Not")

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I was staring at the topless woman felating a gun that stuff's good too I guess

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Which one of them was the unstoppable tank like van?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bicyclops posted:

I can't believe they haven't made a Dr. Teeth joke about the Yosemite Sam guy, though.

I was jazzed when one of them said "I was just about to sing something off Bone Machine!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Going by the video case's "STARRING" list, it would seem that Jack Palance, Peter Lawford, Neville Brand, Jim Backus, Alan Hale, Arthur Godfrey and Pat Buttram are the ones who comprise the sexy, buxom, be-jump-suited "Angels Brigade". :pervert:

:barf:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Something else I learned about Angel's Revenge:

quote:

Ironically, despite the film's supposed anti-drug message, actresses Robin Greer and Liza Greer (who played Elaine and Trish respectively) would write a tell-all book in the 1990s about their experiences with drugs and prostitution in Hollywood at the time this film was made.

:barf::barf::barf:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I started watching the old episodes from the beginning. The first season definitely had it's stumbling blocks, but it's kind of charming to watch Joel be all starry-eyed and watch the show try to define its premise for the Comedy Channel audience.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Seriously, after Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Bieber, Rob Ford, Ted Cruz, Nickleback, Robin Thicke....bunny, you, I, and Rowsdower are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down that particular list.

Well crap. I kept tellign you that Jazz Polka fusion record would ensure our fame, but you wouldn't bring your accordian.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Sidehackers...:stare:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Something else I learned about Angel's Revenge:

:barf::barf::barf:

Which character was Tri-- oh goddammit. :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

Sidehackers...:stare:

Sidehackers was the one where they decided that they need to watch a movie all the way through before deciding to riff it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this! posted:

Sidehackers was the one where they decided that they need to watch a movie all the way through before deciding to riff it.

I would loved to have been in the room when they got to that scene.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I like how much Joel plays with the screen in early episodes: pulling out a broom and sweeping off a guy, playing the the controls on a spaceship, peering into a truck. It's a lot of fun to watch.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Project Moonbase has two of the better theater visual gags, with batman style punch effects in the commando cody short and cuecards in the movie.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

HungryMedusa posted:

I never could make it through Hamlet. Did people vote for it ironically?

I had to read Hamlet for my composition class in college. I watched the MST3K version and wrote my paper using that instead. I got a B. :shrug:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Suspicious Cook posted:

I had to read Hamlet for my composition class in college. I watched the MST3K version and wrote my paper using that instead. I got a B. :shrug:

Excellent.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I watched the Rifftrax of Stone Cold (starring Brian Bosworth) today and I have to comment on what a terrible movie it is. The hero has a real Mitchell-esque unredeemability to him. and by the end of the movie his undercover "investigation" has led to the deaths of a few dozen cops, countless innocent bystanders and the entire state supreme court (along with everyone else in the courtroom). It's really exceptionally bad.

It stinks!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Cook posted:

You would have gotten an A if you didn't mention "Brain Guy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Suspicious Cook posted:

You took composition from Professor Bobo?