Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Rosberg's a good lad who knows all he has to do is bring it home in third on a track where it's hard to overtake so therefore absolutely hammering his engine is pointless.

Yup, he's worse off on engines and just needs to drive it home now. He's a good lad who thinks things through unlike Hamilton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
TR were so poo poo.
Max behind the ferraris and are Dan, so there goes any hope of him tripping up a merc.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The only real wildcard is red bull starting on supersofts, and that can really only affect whichever mercedes ends up in second after turn 1.

I think i might just hit the snooze button on this bullshit right now.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

1500quidporsche posted:

I think there might be some sort of championship to determine that kind of thing.

And even if their ROS wins this year, hamilton will still be three times the driver he is. He's a newey fraud, just like his dad. Just keep coming in second and wait for everyone else to blow up around you.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I think there might be some sort of championship to determine that kind of thing.

I feel like I don't mock you enough for the fact that you hate Hamilton so much that you've warped your brain into thinking you're an actual Rosberg fan.

Lewis could turn out to be the leader of ISIS and no sane and rational person would say "well Rosberg was the better driver"

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MattD1zzl3 posted:

And even if their ROS wins this year, hamilton will still be three times the driver he is. He's a newey fraud, just like his dad. Just keep coming in second and wait for everyone else to blow up around you.

What?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Are Rossie giving no fucks in the press conference like a loving champ

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

I feel like I don't mock you enough for the fact that you hate Hamilton so much that you've warped your brain into thinking you're an actual Rosberg fan.

Lewis could turn out to be the leader of ISIS and no sane and rational person would say "well Rosberg was the better driver"

I don't think I've ever outright said that I thought Rosberg is the faster driver. Mostly because I don't believe that.

Hamilton is a cock who is also wildly inconsistent over the course of a year and Rosberg exploited that and it's exciting and fun to watch an outcome to the championship I didn't expect to play out.

It's you guys who's brains seem to fry because apparently it's impossible to like somebody who isn't "the absolute best" and it's a crime against nature that a good but not great driver does enough to beat a great but inconsistent driver over the course of a year.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Rosberg is a bad driver and kicks puppies in his spare time.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Rosberg looks so pissed off in that interview, it's really bugging him he didn't get pole (I think he's beaten Ham on pole here every year before).

I don't know who I want to lose (I don't care who wins).
Rosberg with his charmed life probably believes you get rewarded if you work hard - and he does work hard - but probably never occured to him you can work hard and get hosed up no matter how hard you work.
Ham on the other hand will feel not so #blessed if he loses and will pull his head in and maybe...I can't really finish or care that much about F1 now to care about who wins. E: I care more about seeing Button's and Massa's last races, maybe a ridiculous crash or two.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 26, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also lol if you believe Rosberg has actually been going for pole these last four races.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

1500quidporsche posted:

It's you guys who's brains seem to fry because apparently it's impossible to like somebody who isn't "the absolute best" and it's a crime against nature that a good but not great driver does enough to beat a great but inconsistent driver over the course of a year.

I'm looking at our avs and doing a knowing sigh

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis may be perfect in a perfect car, but there is no denying that he drives like a dangerous nutter when his car isn't the most dominant car in the field. See: 2011

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Massa looks way younger and less terrified now he's retiring.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't think I've ever outright said that I thought Rosberg is the faster driver. Mostly because I don't believe that.

Hamilton is a cock who is also wildly inconsistent over the course of a year and Rosberg exploited that and it's exciting and fun to watch an outcome to the championship I didn't expect to play out.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Vettel on the other hand looks petrified.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If engine failures indicate driver inconsistency. Nando isn't in a lovely car, he's just an incredibly inconsistent driver.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Alonso has historically had very high reliability, look at his Ferrari years.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

This would be a good point except that plenty of people here like drivers who aren't the absolute best. What no-one here can wrap their heads around is why- out of all the drivers who aren't the absolute best- you would pick Rosberg, who doesn't even back up his mediocrity with a fun/likable personality or an exciting driving style. He is one of if not THE dullest driver on the grid.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The best possible outcome this weekend would be rosberg winning the WDC trailing a winning hamilton. It would elevate him from "fraud" to "fraud, remembered forever in the history books".

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Shame Vettel's too poo poo to get on the podium, he'd be on a right wind-up

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

HJB posted:

This. He was always good for sticking the knife in and giving it a little twist to the both of them last year.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I get that it's their job but I highly resent the broadcasters attempts to inject drama into this race, so I'm actually hoping for the 1-2 washout of a race and championship end that is the mostly likely outcome.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

NtotheTC posted:

I get that it's their job but I highly resent the broadcasters attempts to inject drama into this race, so I'm actually hoping for the 1-2 washout of a race and championship end that is the mostly likely outcome.

I think like us, they just want something, anything to happen.

With the 2 dangerous drivers on the third row, we could get 6 wide into turn 1.

We probably won't but we could.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

MattD1zzl3 posted:

The best possible outcome this weekend would be rosberg winning the WDC trailing a winning hamilton. It would elevate him from "fraud" to "fraud, remembered forever in the history books".
Hamilton won't have the nerve to do what Lorenzo tried to do to Marquez in Marky's first year of GP at the last race when Mark was leading points, which is deliberately slow up from the front in the corners and back up the entire field in hopes that someone will crash into Mark. Only bike riders are that courageous and daring. Hamilton will just cruise off into the sunset on his infallible German chassis and Our Rossie will be crowned the greatest, showing car driving itself for the fraud it is.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

We might as well go full fraud and have hamilton's engine blow up while lapping rosberg in 7th.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Powershift posted:

We might as well go full fraud and have hamilton's engine blow up while lapping rosberg in 7th.

All Rosberg has to do if he's lapped is to accidentally lock up and take both of them out. What are the stewards going to do DQ him? In fact, if Lewis has a piss poor start then he could get away with just banzaing into the back of him and saying he didn't expect him to go so slowly,

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

learnincurve posted:

All Rosberg has to do if he's lapped is to accidentally lock up and take both of them out. What are the stewards going to do DQ him? In fact, if Lewis has a piss poor start then he could get away with just banzaing into the back of him and saying he didn't expect him to go so slowly,

100 point penalties a piece for dangerous driving. Are dan takes first place and the title with 271 points

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Since 2014

1) Mercedes been miles ahead of anyone else in pace and reliability

2)The whole formula revolves around puttering around to a lap delta the car could comfortably smash (if the tyres, engines and fuel didnt need nursing). Drivers in decent cars never make big mistakes and barely break a sweat.

It doesn't matter who walks away with the 2016 crown - it WILL be a fraud championship.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

NtotheTC posted:

Lewis could turn out to be the leader of ISIS...

I wish, honestly.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

HAM 1-2-3: 9-3-4
ROS 1-2-3: 9-4-2

:confused:

Also, DNFs due to the engine blowing up does not count as "inconsistent" on the driver's part

HJB posted:

I want Verstappen to snipe 4th in the WDC out from under Vettel, just for Maximum lols.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

iospace posted:

Also, DNFs due to the engine blowing up does not count as "inconsistent" on the driver's part

They do in this thread. (Unless its Fernando-chan)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MattD1zzl3 posted:

They do in this thread. (Unless its Fernando-chan)

never change, worst thread.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Channel 4 is cool and good because they did a Jenson segment where Coulthard hands him a sweet rear end sculpture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M8_siqKVSs

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Look, they changed the suspension on the mercs* and have already done a few bits on Sky with both drivers and Lowe talking about how the car has changed.

Instead of slinging it into the corner (Lewis), you have to glide it round, and be careful with the power (robots/Nico). In order to get the same speed on exit this year as you did last time, you have to put your foot to the floor and power out which causes a far higher strain on the engine. And this kids is why out of the 8 merc engines only Lewis keeps having engine failures - the silly fucker is incapable of modifying his driving style and that he seems to expect the laws of physics and team to be designed around him.

In conclusion it's not bad luck, it's poor driver skills - just like how there was a problem with the clutch and they were going to have the road car devision redesign it and oh...Lewis went in the simulator and actually practiced using a single clutch and it's all sorted now lol.

Side note: If this were a season where they could have a new engine each race, his engines would not have failed, but it isn't so he can get bent.

*manor were given permission to create a 2 inch gap in the front suspension, mercades went "! Mein Gott A Loophole" and put a tiny hydrolic doohickey in there.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

learnincurve posted:

Look, they changed the suspension on the mercs* and have already done a few bits on Sky with both drivers and Lowe talking about how the car has changed.

Instead of slinging it into the corner (Lewis), you have to glide it round, and be careful with the power (robots/Nico). In order to get the same speed on exit this year as you did last time, you have to put your foot to the floor and power out which causes a far higher strain on the engine. And this kids is why out of the 8 merc engines only Lewis keeps having engine failures - the silly fucker is incapable of modifying his driving style and that he seems to expect the laws of physics and team to be designed around him.

In conclusion it's not bad luck, it's poor driver skills - just like how there was a problem with the clutch and they were going to have the road car devision redesign it and oh...Lewis went in the simulator and actually practiced using a single clutch and it's all sorted now lol.

Side note: If this were a season where they could have a new engine each race, his engines would not have failed, but it isn't so he can get bent.

*manor were given permission to create a 2 inch gap in the front suspension, mercades went "! Mein Gott A Loophole" and put a tiny hydrolic doohickey in there.

Nah.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
yup

(ah ha! I found the sky bit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh97Dba4yKE

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

iospace posted:

HAM 1-2-3: 9-3-4
ROS 1-2-3: 9-4-2

:confused:

All TWO retirements? heck!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

All TWO retirements? heck!

loving :lol: is that it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bingo!

Or whatever it is we're supposed to say when all three of you retards post in a row.

• Locked thread