Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'm really curious what the narrator is being so ominous about.
Is it something big like a villain or Pete's identity? Or will it just be that MJ is an awful travel planner?
I feel like it could go either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The gripping saga of the Parkers having car trouble in Idaho is only just beginning dear readers!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hope the trip is uneventful but the narrator keeps being a dick the whole time.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SilverSupernova posted:

Or will it just be that MJ is an awful travel planner?

He should have brought Dr. Octopus with him. He is the Master (travel) Planner!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Something about the shape of the starting 'N' makes me think Thor is somehow going to come about.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Didn't Peter say in the previous story that he didn't have a Driver's License? I could've sworn Scott had to drive because of that reason.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I imagine that Newspaper America is shorter than Comics America, but crossing it feels like it takes forever.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

notthegoatseguy posted:

Didn't Peter say in the previous story that he didn't have a Driver's License? I could've sworn Scott had to drive because of that reason.

Didn't have the license on him I thought. But apparently he can smuggle a Nikon D3 in his suit and set it up in the corner.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

I hope the trip is uneventful but the narrator keeps being a dick the whole time.

it would be amazing if the next three days of strips were just the parkers in the middle of nowhere, bored out of their minds

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Manatee Cannon posted:

it would be amazing if the next three days of strips were just the parkers in the middle of nowhere, bored out of their minds

The Sunday strip is just going to be six straight panels of MJ looking pissed/bored and Pete looking miserable.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurdiak posted:

An uneventful car trip narrated by the Angry Claremontian Narrator would be the best thing even.

'You thought you would be able to drive from New York to Los Angeles, Mary Jane Watson...but at what cost?'

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I kinda wish they'd left out the last panel. Oh Peter :laugh:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Holy poo poo is NSM a treasure :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Manatee Cannon posted:

Nailed it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Judging by the scenery they've made it at least to New Mexico. Peter must be flooring it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Judging by the scenery they've made it at least to New Mexico. Peter must be flooring it.

He has the proportional horsepower of a spider.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

And the dialogue! Yep... all the clues point to New Mexico!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Buckets posted:

My eyes were drawn to MJ's rage and I missed that. They really know how to tell a story with their art!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Samovar posted:

Something about the shape of the starting 'N' makes me think Thor is somehow going to come about.

Didn't the first Thor movie take place in NM?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Buckets posted:

Or maybe that's just what they want us to think!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well that explains how they got so far.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Is Pete really in any position to criticize, as he slams on the brakes in the middle of the interstate?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Cabbit posted:

Is Pete really in any position to criticize, as he slams on the brakes in the middle of the interstate?

I think that's supposed to be MJ peeling out.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well that explains how they got so far.

How does a B rate actress and a freelance photographer for a print publication afford to live in loving Manhattan?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

notthegoatseguy posted:

How does a B rate actress and a freelance photographer for a print publication afford to live in loving Manhattan?

Spider-man steals a couple of stacks every time he stops a bank robber or super villian.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Rent control, they've been living in that same apartment since 1977.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

uPen posted:

Rent control, they've been living in that same apartment since 1977.

Landlord: Eventually they'll get old and die and I can be rid of them, heh heh heh. They sure look good for their age though.... :tinfoil:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

Landlord: Eventually they'll get old and die and I can be rid of them, heh heh heh. They sure look good for their age though.... :tinfoil:

It has only been 4 months since 1977 in Newspaper Spider-Man time.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Glad to see the villain is Marvel's lesser known Marital Stryfe

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

notthegoatseguy posted:

MJ is actually a really successful stage actor, it's just her films that are terrible. There have been storylines before about Peter hating the fact that she makes so much money while he makes barely any.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tiggum posted:

MJ is actually a really successful stage actor, it's just her films that are terrible. There have been storylines before about Peter hating the fact that she makes so much money while he makes barely any.

"Married to a rich supermodel.... that ol' Parker luck kicking me in the can again!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Venom? Guardians of the Galaxy? Silver Surfer and the potty training 2?! Lets find out tomorrow, true believers!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He potty trained The Beyonder.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why am I really excited about this? :psyduck:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Its just a rock

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Samovar posted:

Good call.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Venom? Guardians of the Galaxy? Silver Surfer and the potty training 2?! Lets find out tomorrow, true believers!

METEOR SHOWER? *flings car off road and slams brakes*

WE'RE WATCHING THIS poo poo!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
why is he so terrified of something coming out of the sky during a meteor shower isn't that what a meteor shower is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

quite stretched out posted:

why is he so terrified of something coming out of the sky during a meteor shower isn't that what a meteor shower is

I don't know about you, but if I lived in the Marvel Universe I would be scared shitless of anything unusual at all, since chances are about 50/50 it's something that will kill me horribly.

• Locked thread