Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Biaga posted:

can you use holopilots during ejection to avoid getting Goosed?

Phase shift is a pretty good way to avoid it, stim is really good too if you know how to eject strafe. Same as the first game you just have to start turning while you're pulling the eject lever.

https://giant.gfycat.com/KindDopeyFeline.mp4

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Phase shift is a pretty good way to avoid it, stim is really good too if you know how to eject strafe. Same as the first game you just hae to start turning while you're pulling the eject lever.

https://giant.gfycat.com/KindDopeyFeline.mp4
:stare: What is this wizardry

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tone makes me not want to play this game.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Stim, hold strafe left/right (no forward at all), and slowly turn in the direction you're strafing. Takes a bit of practice but it's worth learning how to do.

Gotta love the source engine.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

Actually I think holo pilot and stealth eject could gently caress up most titans concentration.

the main weakness of both of these is that they dont give a killfeed message. stealth eject worked for me for like 1 day before i got shot down every time after

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

Tone makes me not want to play this game.

Use one.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Stim, hold strafe left/right (no forward at all), and slowly turn in the direction you're strafing. Takes a bit of practice but it's worth learning how to do.

Holy poo poo.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Gonna second learning to do this since it's really nice even for just doing poo poo like cornering during a wallrun and also you get to show off to your friends who don't know about it

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Got the game and started playing, just to confirm for legion the close range/long range mode, you start in close range right?

Haven't played much but game is a blast so far.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Insert name here posted:

Gonna second learning to do this since it's really nice even for just doing poo poo like cornering during a wallrun and also you get to show off to your friends who don't know about it

It's also a really good way to keep your speed up while slidehopping without using walls. There's a hard cap at 50kph though.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I still feel like grapple hook needs to be a universal ability rather than a loadout. Maybe after the first few rounds of balancing they will switch it up.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

PriorMarcus posted:

I still feel like grapple hook needs to be a universal ability rather than a loadout. Maybe after the first few rounds of balancing they will switch it up.

Grapple should not be a default, they should let you shoot while grappling though.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Not being able to shoot while grappling is okay, but I'd prefer it not to have a cooldown at all.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

the cooldown is annoying and I often waste it when I try to cancel the grapple and end up shooting another

Funkysock
Aug 8, 2011

Clapping Larry

Evil Canadian posted:

Got the game and started playing, just to confirm for legion the close range/long range mode, you start in close range right?

Haven't played much but game is a blast so far.

The Legion starts in close mode, when you switch to long range you'll see the HUD icon turn into the red cross hairs and the extra HUD decorative nonsense turns red as well.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Funkysock posted:

The Legion starts in close mode, when you switch to long range you'll see the HUD icon turn into the red cross hairs and the extra HUD decorative nonsense turns red as well.

Ah alright then, I wasn't paying attention enough to see the colour switch at first, but now its super obvious to me that I am looking at it.

For the Titan countermeasures, is that a build-up thing like your powerup move, or is it a 1 off?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
so pro tip.

Bind crouch (not toggle crouch!) to a thumb mouse button and enjoy being able to slidehop literally everywhere.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
BT is a fun character :allears:. I also just did the level everyone seems to like talking about the Time-travel facility testing the Fold-Space weapon.

Confirmed. I am 50% In Love :awesomelon:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

For the Titan countermeasures, is that a build-up thing like your powerup move, or is it a 1 off?
Smoke works exactly like a boost, in this case around 30% Core charge. If you use it and want another you will need to use you core so you can charge up again.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I bought this game since it was on the Black Friday sale on PSN and I'm having a blast. The campaign missions are great fun and I was actually sad to see how much of it that I've already completed. I do find that I'm still having a lot of trouble adjusting to how mobile you are in this game and I find myself falling back into my usual FPS routine. Do anyone have some good pointers or links to good instruction videos to help me being less of a scrub?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
For some reason I kept thinking that BT was voiced by Michael Dorn.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Sylphosaurus posted:

I bought this game since it was on the Black Friday sale on PSN and I'm having a blast. The campaign missions are great fun and I was actually sad to see how much of it that I've already completed. I do find that I'm still having a lot of trouble adjusting to how mobile you are in this game and I find myself falling back into my usual FPS routine. Do anyone have some good pointers or links to good instruction videos to help me being less of a scrub?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x_ri07QIR4&hd=1

This should really just be in the OP. Not only useful but shows off my favorite part of the game too.

Don't hold forward

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Sylphosaurus posted:

Basically, the floor is made of Lava. That is the single best tip you can be given when starting out on Titanfall.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Is there no way to look at the games being played and choose which ones I want to join? I feel like an idiot, I can't do it. All I can do is let it search for players for me, which takes an obscene amount of time. I want to blow up metal gears with people.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

credburn posted:

Is there no way to look at the games being played and choose which ones I want to join? I feel like an idiot, I can't do it. All I can do is let it search for players for me, which takes an obscene amount of time. I want to blow up metal gears with people.

There's a screen somewhere to choose your region. If an obscene amount of time is one minute, two at 4 AM, you're probably out of luck, but otherwise you can trade ping for quicker games.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

There's a screen somewhere to choose your region. If an obscene amount of time is one minute, two at 4 AM, you're probably out of luck, but otherwise you can trade ping for quicker games.

I can change my region, but I can't get a list of games. I can only select what mode I want and it finds it for me. That's handy, I guess, but I was hoping to decide for myself, computer.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
No, there is no server browser, sorry.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

BT is a fun character :allears:. I also just did the level everyone seems to like talking about the Time-travel facility testing the Fold-Space weapon.

Yeah man. That mission was really neat.

This game 100% owns

also, the Tone is easily the best titan right?

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Hixson posted:

Tone is good, but after 50 matches of people just playing the Tone it gets old. I have been working on the Ion and Legion and the game has grown a little more challenging, which I am finding to be a lot more enjoyable.

If we are losing, though, I usually switch back to Tone.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hixson posted:

Yeah man. That mission was really neat.

This game 100% owns

I was kinda expecting (and a little disappointed at being proven wrong by) the explosion destroying the facility not being Jack's fault. If you're gonna show a facility destroyed in the future and intact in the past, it should be caused by your own time travel shenanigans, dammit! :colbert:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Biaga posted:

Tone is good, but after 50 matches of people just playing the Tone it gets old. I have been working on the Ion and Legion and the game has grown a little more challenging, which I am finding to be a lot more enjoyable.

If we are losing, though, I usually switch back to Tone.

I'm really not seeing everyone use Tone anymore. Seems like a pretty good mix at this point honestly with only Northstar being noticeably absent.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

man. this game is really well designed and I respect the hell out of it, but I just don't think I'm good enough at twitch shooters to play it long term. I don't think I've ever played a game that I've felt so outmatched at in normal matchmaking. all I do is die, forever

campaign is fantastic and worth the price of admission tho

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Id say stick with it. You really don't have to be a pro at twitch shooters to be good. It's more about getting into the flow of the game and knowing the maps.

Just play the objectives and go for points. Test out different gear etc. Don't even sweat dying that much the game doesn't even list K/D unless you are playing pilots vs pilots.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Id say stick with it. You really don't have to be a pro at twitch shooters to be good. It's more about getting into the flow of the game and knowing the maps.

Just play the objectives and go for points. Test out different gear etc. Don't even sweat dying that much the game doesn't even list K/D unless you are playing pilots vs pilots.

agreed. Having a feel for where the enemy team is spawning and where they're likely to be coming from is key

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009
Nuke eject on bounty hunter seems almost unfair. When the titan bounties show up you can nuke them down from full hp (depending on model) since the AI doesn't know to run, and most of the time I'll get a full titan charge from the kill. If you're quick with the button it's practically waiting for you when you land.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You only get 1/4 of the bounty from nuke eject though iirc.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Hi

I bought this game yesterday because 40 bucks for this is well-worth it to me. I ran through the campaign first since I had heard good things about it, and the reviews definitely were not wrong. If DOOM 4 hadn't come out this year that would have been my favorite campaign in a game this year.

I jumped into the multiplayer after that and while I'm having a lot of fun, I'm getting tired of playing Attrition all the time, or playing Mixtape and getting grouped with the same exact people every time. I guess I need to expand my regional search?

Also when do East Coast goons get on the play this? I wouldn't mind jumping into a couple games with some friends.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

AndrewP posted:

man. this game is really well designed and I respect the hell out of it, but I just don't think I'm good enough at twitch shooters to play it long term. I don't think I've ever played a game that I've felt so outmatched at in normal matchmaking. all I do is die, forever

campaign is fantastic and worth the price of admission tho

Yeah I'm in the same boat. It seems to really depend on my luck with the matchmaking; sometimes I get matched up against people I can actually hold my own against and the game's pretty fun, but then other times it ends up being me and 5 other pilots going up against and getting splattered by 6 tones for half the game.

I'm gonna stick with it; nobody's good at anything when they're new, and I'm learning more and more about how the flow of the game goes. If nothing else, I'm thankful that there are a few game modes that have bots that you can focus on while still being helpful to your team.

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
Question about the new hop-crouch/air strafing mechanics:
Can you actually change directions once you gain momentum? I'm finding I'm good if I'm holding the left d-pad in one direction off the jump and guiding myself with the right, but once I try to steer into another direction, moving the left pad kills my momentum. I've practiced on Eden by trying to skate around the columns in the middle row but find I need to focus too much on steering and even then keep biffing it.

I think I may be over thinking a simple concept and feel like I'm pulling off pretty good airstrafes once I'm not paying attention, but I'm not sustaining fluid movement as long as I'd like.

Tainted Ham fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

You only get 1/4 of the bounty from nuke eject though iirc.

Ah that makes sense. I'll probably save the nuke for when the enemy team is on top of the bounty then